Doppelgaenger

Cheap Dinghy storage options?

Hi all, I'm looking for creative/cheap ideas for dinghy storage. I've searched but it's not easy to find dinghy related info online that doesn't have to do with big boats.

I have a 14 ft dinghy on a dilly trailer that I currently have stored outside, over at a friend's house, which is 45 minutes in the wrong direction and $6 worth of toll away, and behind a row of cars that I have to move to get access to my boat. It's free, but it's a pain.

I can't store it at my place because it'll take up all my parking, likely get stolen and be a huge hassle to park because I live on a steep hill.

I'd like to store it just south of Lake Washington (seattle area) and I wouldn't mind paying if it meant it was already on my way to the lake and was hopefully around $50 a month. Does this magic place exist? What do you do for dinghy storage?

Maybe ask around at the Renton Rowing Center at the end of the Boeing factory? Nishiwaki Ln off N Ranier -- seems to be a lot of miscellaneous small craft there.

Keep it on top of your car

22 hours ago, Doppelgaenger said:

Hi all, I'm looking for creative/cheap ideas for dinghy storage. I've searched but it's not easy to find dinghy related info online that doesn't have to do with big boats.

I have a 14 ft dinghy on a dilly trailer that I currently have stored outside, over at a friend's house, which is 45 minutes in the wrong direction and $6 worth of toll away, and behind a row of cars that I have to move to get access to my boat. It's free, but it's a pain.

I can't store it at my place because it'll take up all my parking, likely get stolen and be a huge hassle to park because I live on a steep hill.

I'd like to store it just south of Lake Washington (seattle area) and I wouldn't mind paying if it meant it was already on my way to the lake and was hopefully around $50 a month. Does this magic place exist? What do you do for dinghy storage?

but it is not!

• Like 1