Sign in to follow this  
RSsailingNA

RS Feva Worlds happening now in the USA... #Bridgethegap

We're psyched about the first RS Feva World Championships, and first ever RS Sailing Championship outside of Europe!

Racing is April 4th-8th, come check it out!

Of course there will be haters.. but the RS Feva is keeping kids on the water, the kids we are losing between 10-15 years old, especially the girls! I've personally witnessed this in several areas of North America and been thanked by many parents for giving their kids something that could as we say "Bridge the gap".  Come join in!  

Lead in and Practice Race Video

Even more psyched to see the little dudes Dieter Crietz and Conrad Miller shock the rest of the fleet by scoring a 3,1,1 today! A Czech team is in second and a Great Britain Team in third.  

Stay tuned for more at @RSFeva and @RSFevaNA on Facebook and event site here.

Full Results here

IMG_4227[1].jpg

• Like 2

My son is there (AUS team) and having a ball, despite the mass BFD's in race three!!! 

Really exciting to see this happening in the USA!

This is really what we need more of here.

• Like 1

Don’t let the following make you believe I am anything but thrilled to see a fleet of doublehanded boats for the particular size range 

Half the fleet black flagged in third race?? 

My impression of the black flag is it is a tool used by committees that cannot set up  the combination of starting line and course favor to cause competitors to use the entire line. 

I wonder what caused such a fiasco as half the fleet receiving black flags. 

Governail.... the black flag was 100% justified... PRO did 2 starts under P flag, adjusted the pin, AP'd instead of General to not black flag anyone,  adjusted pin, AP'd again instead of General to not black flag anyone, and then finally said enough's enough! Both pin adjustments were to favor the pin more but the line was very square all starts.  

There was current and waves, but generally there were just a lot of competitors ignoring the black flag.  He did the right thing!