Meat Wad

Will they actually sail like the 3d animations?

Design and sailed and on a computer as a 75ish footer - scaled down to a legal non-surrogate for some real world testing, but internet expert claims that's all irrelevant " 'cause it wont scale up!".........:blink:

Hey guys, I'm not claiming it won't, I'm asking what happens if it doesn't? Do they all plod around in displacement mode?

Obviously Luna Rossa will be happy.

But rest assured ETNZ will foil and perhaps up there with the best.

I think they have designed it to foil half of the time but it looks like most will be foiling more than that because there are such fantastic sailors in the group, tight rope walkers of the wind.

1 hour ago, Alcatraz5768 said:

Hey guys, I'm not claiming it won't, I'm asking what happens if it doesn't? Do they all plod around in displacement mode?

Apart from that there are only two other options - depart the water altogether and fly like a kite, or sink beneath and submarine to the finish...

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong fellas, I want it to work, and it does to a degree on a small scale, but it will be a colossal fuck up if they don't work. 

44 minutes ago, Alcatraz5768 said:

Don't get me wrong fellas, I want it to work, and it does to a degree on a small scale, but it will be a colossal fuck up if they don't work. 

Thanks for the heads up ;-)

At least they look kind of like a yacht, not a beach cat. They will be impressive indeed, cant wait to see one in action.

I guess they will have it mostly right. I do worry about some team making some critical mistake, like in SF, with predictably horrible results. But I guess that is part of the game when you push the envelope. I will watch with interest.

Obviously they wont foil in a mill pond wind.  I think LR will want them to spend some racing time not foiling ?!