Sign in to follow this  
Mid

National School Walkout

Recommended Posts

National School Walkout is a movement powered and led by students across the country. We’re protesting congressional, state, and local failures to take action to prevent gun violence. America is the only country in the world where so many people are killed by guns, and yet our leaders do nothing about it. In many states it’s more difficult to register to vote than it is to buy a rifle. Apparently to some politicians, a vote is scarier than a gun.

https://www.nationalschoolwalkout.net/

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DahCBiLX4AAEvB9.jpg.2acee12f7b5799fdba06bf9dfca7b5b3.jpg

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with a rally, but most kids are studying for finals and AP tests at that time.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

Nothing wrong with a rally, but most kids are studying for finals and AP tests at that time.  

 

They all need to be given all A's for Awareness.  No need for all that study stuff.

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they already appear to be a fuck of a lot smarter than the bulk of the Republican party so maybe you're on to something there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Well they already appear to be a fuck of a lot smarter than the bulk of the Republican party so maybe you're on to something there.

If they so smart, why ain't they rich?

 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Nothing wrong with a rally, but most kids are studying for finals and AP tests at that time.  

And yet the kids believe in their cause enough to take a single day off. I'm certain those that were studying well before & after will not fall apart from one day off and those that were not studying well before & after will continue in that vein.

You'd think concern trolling would try to be a little less transparent these days but no... :rolleyes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah sure, it’s on 4-20.  Lol 

I can smell the weed now.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

420. Suposedly came from a reference to a San Rafael police code for a Mary Jane bust, or the time at Drake HS when the students would meet after school for a toke. Also my brothers birthday, he claims marijuana is his birthright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

And yet the kids believe in their cause enough to take a single day off. I'm certain those that were studying well before & after will not fall apart from one day off and those that were not studying well before & after will continue in that vein.

You'd think concern trolling would try to be a little less transparent these days but no... :rolleyes: 

How is that a troll?  It’s a legitimate concern to the kids in AP and concerned about GPA. The smart ones will skip the protest   The future sheeple will be all over it.  It’s a mind set,  plenty of kids will use any excuse to get out of school.  

What’s wrong with a rally a month later?  Worried the passion will fade?  Or the numbers won’t look so good once kids aren’t in school? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TMSAIL said:

How is that a troll?  It’s a legitimate concern to the kids in AP and concerned about GPA.  The smart ones will skip the protest

It might be a legitimate concern to them and, as you say, they'll not turn up. I don't buy for a heartbeat it is of concern to you, merely all you could whip up at short notice for criticising the rally.

 

Just now, TMSAIL said:

What’s wrong with a rally a month later?  Worried the passion will fade?  Or the numbers won’t look so good once kids aren’t in school? 

Nothing really wrong with the rally on the 20th. After all, if you're having a "walk out", you kind of need something to "walk out of". I'm not at all surprised your idea of a protest rally is something one should only do when you have nothing better to do with your day off. :rolleyes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

It might be a legitimate concern to them and, as you say, they'll not turn up. I don't buy for a heartbeat it is of concern to you, merely all you could whip up at short notice for criticising the rally.

 

Nothing really wrong with the rally on the 20th. After all, if you're having a "walk out", you kind of need something to "walk out of". I'm not at all surprised your idea of a protest rally is something one should only do when you have nothing better to do with your day off. :rolleyes: 

I commented because as a parent the timing of the rally was the first thing I thought of  

Read my post again 

I stated nothing wrong with a rally  

then pointed out kids in THIS COUNTRY  are getting ready for AP testing and Finals   

Then You chime in with your BS trying to twist that into something I neither said nor implied.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

then pointed out kids in THIS COUNTRY  are getting ready for AP testing and Finals

Is there anyone claiming they are not from your country? Anyone claiming that the rally is or isn't a problem because it is or isn't in the USA? Once again, instead of addressing what is written, you try using your status as a local as some kind of special knowledge on a subject it doesn't apply to.

Predictable as the sunrise and a response from you to those you are "ignoring". :rolleyes: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Saorsa said:

If they so smart, why ain't they rich?

 

who would like to explain what is wrong with this proposition ? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm too busy clipping my toenails.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I'm too busy clipping my toenails.

damn , and here's me outa repo , gave old righty all my lub :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mid said:

who would like to explain what is wrong with this proposition ? :rolleyes:

Trump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg.2cba89fca6da80838ff1da514cebc3a8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg.5079dc194b123b5bd239c6854ef6a650.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sean said:

Not a Thoreau fan eh?

Everyone’s dreams are different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

You're not a student. The "walk out" isn't something you were going to do, even if you supported their goals. 

Many of the most influential protests have had punitive actions taken against the participants. Didn't stop them turning up or from being successful in getting out their message. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

You're not a student. The "walk out" isn't something you were going to do, even if you supported their goals. 

Many of the most influential protests have had punitive actions taken against the participants. Didn't stop them turning up or from being successful in getting out their message. 

Not that many high School students reading this on PA. Yet some guy from Australia is promoting it right down to instructions on how to walk out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

Not that many high School students reading this on PA. Yet some guy from Australia is promoting it right down to instructions on how to walk out.  

You honestly think he's trying to promote it here? It's pretty obvious you don't often being your "A game" to these forums, but that post reaches "Moderate" levels of stupid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

You honestly think he's trying to promote it here? It's pretty obvious you don't often being your "A game" to these forums, but that post reaches "Moderate" levels of stupid.

Of course he is promoting it from the OP to 5 additional posts showing the promotional social media invites down to instructions on how to run your own walk out 

What  else would you call it but promoting the event?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Of course he is promoting it from the OP to 5 additional posts showing the promotional social media invites down to instructions on how to run your own walk out 

What  else would you call it but promoting the event?  

Informing a forum of people that have no intent whatsoever of attending that the kids are taking this seriously and that it isn't going to just fade away like some of the people here have suggested it will.

Now, if you practiced what you preached, you'd simply accept that being Australian, I might know better than you how another Aussie thinks. I don't believe that argument holds any merit, but by not accepting it, you are simply proving you don't buy into your own bullshit. Feel free to swing whichever way takes your fancy. :lol: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The promoters are taking it seriously by pumping out reminders. The rest of the country?  

There has been no coverage locally, none. I asked a few kids this weekend they knew nothing about it.  We will see on Friday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

The promoters are taking it seriously by pumping out reminders. The rest of the country?  

There has been no coverage locally, none. I asked a few kids this weekend they knew nothing about it.  We will see on Friday.  

That's all well and good, but that still leaves you trying to convince us that Aussies are trying to promote the walk out on the ass-end political offshoot of a sailing forum. Are you going to concede you are were wrong to argue that, based on your principle of MY COUNTRY, or are you going to demonstrate you're a hypocrite on that particular principle too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

That's all well and good, but that still leaves you trying to convince us that Aussies are trying to promote the walk out on the ass-end political offshoot of a sailing forum. Are you going to concede you are were wrong to argue that, based on your principle of MY COUNTRY, or are you going to demonstrate you're a hypocrite on that particular principle too?

One Aussie, the one that started this thread.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

One Aussie, the one that started this thread.  

And being an Aussie, by the principles you espouse, another Aussie would understand him better than you would. I provided a perfectly reasonable explanation for his actions and, as an Australian, by your own argument - I would know better than you if he was trying to promote something or was simply providing information he thought interesting to a forum he knows won't be walking out of school.

The more you argue about it, the better everyone can see just how much you really believe in your own bullshit. It's most amusing really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

Mid is promoting it. You can do your mealy mouth dance around as much you like but you can’t change the fact. 

Oh look. GUMPY is back. :rolleyes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg.0dd22e0afff9cee4a9b52b05d9e1f763.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

One Aussie, the one that started this thread.  

Well, I've got it on my FB page so that makes two Aussies promoting it. :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dunyazad said:

Whatever. Look up and you’ll see Mid’s giving fashion advise for the day as well. 

hey little sister :D

A question? why the fuck shouldn't Mid (or myself) promote it?

It doesn't mean much from here other than a sign of support for YOUR kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dunyazad said:

Mid is promoting it. You can do your mealy mouth dance around as much you like but you can’t change the fact. 

 

1 minute ago, Dunyazad said:

Noice. Why would I reply to a question that implies I said something that I didn’t say?

 

.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dunyazad said:

Whatever. Look up and you’ll see Mid’s giving fashion advise for the day as well. 

You'd think if he were promoting, as suggested by TMSAIL & yourself, he'd point that out... rather than liking the posts pointing out that to be wrong.

But hey, you never were very smart were you GUMPY? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

You'd think if he were promoting, as suggested by TMSAIL & yourself, he'd point that out... rather than liking the posts pointing out that to be wrong.

But hey, you never were very smart were you GUMPY? 

Pathetic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Well, I've got it on my FB page so that makes two Aussies promoting it. :D

 

 

See I didn’t say he shouldn’t promote it.  In fact my first response was nothing wrong with a rally.   This is just Bent latching on to one word , like a virtual lamprey so he can create a word salad arguing about the use of a single word.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Pathetic.  

Sorry, but aren't you the one that makes a big deal about locals knowing how locals think and are the yank telling the Aussie his view on another's Australian's intent is wrong? Pathetic is indeed a word that comes to mind. As does hypocrite. Feel free to keep digging.

 

18 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

See I didn’t say he shouldn’t promote it.  In fact my first response was nothing wrong with a rally.   This is just Bent latching on to one word , like a virtual lamprey so he can create a word salad arguing about the use of a single word.  

I imagine the idea it is nothing but me "latching on" would be more believable if you weren't flailing about so hard refusing to concede Mid wasn't promoting the rally. You are so set on refusing to back down from your little stand, you've trashed your personal favourite "MY COUNTRY" line of argument. Please, do keep digging. It is most entertaining watching what you'll throw away in your petty fits of pique. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again an entire post about nothing

Of course he is promoting.  Do you even know what the word means?  Meli gets it as do others so there goes your xenophobia.  

Second you assume that my use of the word was a negative. Nothing of the kind promoting an event is a positive all organizers want others to promote their event. 

The only one flaying is you endless dribble trying to make a point that is simply not there. 

As to pathetic. It was your looking at “likes” to judge your actions.  I though only teenage girls were hung up on popularity

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Again an entire post about nothing

That you spend just as long trying to refute. Good job there brainiac, you sure showed me. :rolleyes: 

 

Quote

Of course he is promoting.  Do you even know what the word means?  Meli gets it as do others so there goes your xenophobia.  

Yes, I know what the word means. And it's not my xenophobia at issue, it's your argument that locals know locals better, and foreigners are ill-equipped to comment. I explicitly stated I don't think the argument has merit, but you claim to whilst ignoring it applied to your own position. Not my fault you were exposed as a hypocrite.

 

Quote

Second you assume that my use of the word was a negative. Nothing of the kind promoting an event is a positive all organizers want others to promote their event. 

Your mind reading skills need work. Never said nor implied that. You're not only wrong, but spectacularly wrong. :lol: 

 

Quote

The only one flaying is you endless dribble trying to make a point that is simply not there. 

*looks at you still arguing the point*

You keep telling yourself that one genius. :rolleyes: 

 

Quote

As to pathetic. It was your looking at “likes” to judge your actions.  I though only teenage girls were hung up on popularity

I'm not using it to judge actions at all. I'm pointing it out as an indication of agreement. It has nothing at all to do with popularity, and everything to do with the simple concept that people like what they agree with and dislike what they don't around here. Or did that obvious fact escape your steel-trap intellect in your rush to tell the Australian what the other Australian was thinking?

Keep digging TMSAIL. :lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 10:45 PM, chum said:

420. Suposedly came from a reference to a San Rafael police code for a Mary Jane bust, or the time at Drake HS when the students would meet after school for a toke. Also my brothers birthday, he claims marijuana is his birthright.

Lots of claims it was a police code, none of them true.

Here is the real dope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 8:44 AM, TMSAIL said:

You are absolutely right about the timing of APs.  They run for 2 weeks, starting on May 7, so April 20th is crunch time.

Carroll County officials have issued a statement.  It is likely that they will need to back that up with action.  Not commenting on how I feel about the ultimatum, other than you need to be able to back it up.  I do have a hunch they will amend their position, if there is substantial participation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Lots of claims it was a police code, none of them true.

Here is the real do

I'm sure I heard it before 1990. Rumor has it it was from Drake High School which is about 20 miles from Point Reyes. Close enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You are absolutely right about the timing of APs.  They run for 2 weeks, starting on May 7, so April 20th is crunch time.

Carroll County officials have issued a statement.  It is likely that they will need to back that up with action.  Not commenting on how I feel about the ultimatum, other than you need to be able to back it up.  I do have a hunch they will amend their position, if there is substantial participation.

My kid is taking 2. AP CHEM AP EU HISTORY They started bubbling ( a new term for me) a week ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chum said:
8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Lots of claims it was a police code, none of them true.

Here is the real do

I'm sure I heard it before 1990. Rumor has it it was from Drake High School which is about 20 miles from Point Reyes. Close enough.

If you read the link -

One day in the Fall of 1971 - harvest time - the Waldos got word of a Coast Guard service member who could no longer tend his plot of marijuana plants near the Point Reyes Peninsula Coast Guard station. A treasure map in hand, the Waldos decided to pluck some of this free bud.

The Waldos were all athletes and agreed to meet at the statue of Louis Pasteur outside the school at 4:20, after practice, to begin the hunt.

“We would remind each other in the hallways we were supposed to meet up at 4:20. It originally started out 4:20-Louis and we eventually dropped the Louis,” Waldo Steve tells the Huffington Post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TMSAIL said:

My kid is taking 2. AP CHEM AP EU HISTORY They started bubbling ( a new term for me) a week ago. 

Pre-registration?  I was the AP Coordinator for several years, until my own children began taking those courses.  The process of entering the info on several answer sheets is onerous and one mistake creates a HUGE headache.  That, and the tests can overlap, if you don't take care of some of it ahead of time.

AP Chem is on the first day, exam one.  AP European History is on the last day, exam two.  Best of luck to your young un.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Pre-registration?  I was the AP Coordinator for several years, until my own children began taking those courses.  The process of entering the info on several answer sheets is onerous and one mistake creates a HUGE headache.  That, and the tests can overlap, if you don't take care of some of it ahead of time.

AP Chem is on the first day, exam one.  AP European History is on the last day, exam two.  Best of luck to your young un.

Maybe pre registration with a cute term. He took AP World last year as a freshman.  Got a 4 so hopefully he preps right for Chem 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TMSAIL said:

He took AP World last year as a freshman.  Got a 4 so hopefully he preps right for Chem 

Chem is a beast.  But, certainly doable.

We also offer APWH to freshmen.  Both of my kids took it and loved it.  I think they scored 4s, as well.

Our school offers 23 AP classes and we have several students taking additional ones as Independent Study.  A lot different from when I was in HS, back in the 70s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Chem is a beast.  But, certainly doable.

We also offer APWH to freshmen.  Both of my kids took it and loved it.  I think they scored 4s, as well.

Our school offers 23 AP classes and we have several students taking additional ones as Independent Study.  A lot different from when I was in HS, back in the 70s.

Yep not sure how many they offer but it’s a lot.  The APWH was new last year. I know my son was talking it up to incoming freshman. He loved it. 

I agree on completely different from my HS days also in the 70. Class of 77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Yep not sure how many they offer but it’s a lot.  The APWH was new last year. I know my son was talking it up to incoming freshman. He loved it. 

I agree on completely different from my HS days also in the 70. Class of 77

79, here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 10:06 PM, TMSAIL said:

I commented because as a parent the timing of the rally was the first thing I thought of  

Read my post again 

I stated nothing wrong with a rally  

then pointed out kids in THIS COUNTRY  are getting ready for AP testing and Finals   

Then You chime in with your BS trying to twist that into something I neither said nor implied.

I have two high school kids, as far as I can tell, the day off isn't an issue, the schools seem to support them, and they don't know of any ambitious kids that are going to miss the protests.

It's a big deal, the 4/20 has nothing to do with ganja, it's the day of the Columbine school shooting. True, that happened in our county, but it seems that schools are behind students who don't want to get mowed down by gunfire at their schools.

4/20 in our county is more about 30-some people being shot in their school and 15 of them dying, in part, because a bunch of adults couldn't be motivated to properly manage gun access.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 9:56 PM, Saorsa said:

If they so smart, why ain't they rich?

 

Because they're 16-18.... Takes a few years to amass a fortune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Because they're 16-18.... Takes a few years to amass a fortune.

So you want the country led by kiddies who aren't even high school graduates?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Because they're 16-18.... Takes a few years to amass a fortune.

In that case, they should enter politics. $$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a good thing Al Gore invented the internet. 

Otherwise, where would “righty dumbass” turn for pictures and memes telling him what to believe?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

It’s a good thing Al Gore invented the internet. 

Otherwise, where would “righty dumbass” turn for pictures and memes telling him what to believe?

In the safety of his bathroom.

dirty-toilet-picture-id181887730?k=6&m=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oficial “stoner day” is never a good day too be taken seriously.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gabrielle Anzalone Is Running for the Lindenhurst Board of Education

Lede.jpg.90f0929e65ab8d5dc265c0f2dbdcf1ad.jpg

Courtesy Gabrielle Anzalone

 
Quote

 

In February, Gabrielle Anzalone hadn't been planning to run for political office. She was a senior in high school focusing on schoolwork and waiting for college decisions when the Parkland shooting occurred in Florida. Like many of her peers, Gabrielle, who was already a proponent of gun reform, was inspired to join the National School Walkout scheduled for March 14.

The series of events that took place before and after her walkout, however, completely changed her plans for her last semester of high school — and they could impact her freshman year of college, too. Gabrielle is now running for the Lindenhurst Board of Education, in New York, with her election set for Tuesday, May 15.

Once she heard about the idea of walking out of school and protesting gun violence in March, Gabrielle went to her principal to try and get him on board, but she was told that students could only stand for 17 minutes of silence in the school's central courtyard and weren't allowed to leave the premises. She and her peers tried to get in touch with their local school board members and the superintendent to discuss the matter and get an actual walkout approved, only to be met with silence. On the day of the National School Walkout itself, Gabrielle and roughly three dozen other students left their school, walked outside for 17 minutes, and walked back in, at which point they were greeted with suspensions.

 

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/gabrielle-anzalone-is-running-for-the-lindenhurst-board-of-education

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this