Sign in to follow this  
Passport111

B&G V50 VHF Install template

Does anyone have a copy they could scan and send me?  I used up the template that came with the radio last year.  I've redone the nav. panel and need to recut the hole.

I've searched high and low on the interwebs with no luck.  Install manual is everywhere but there is no template.  The screw holes are stupid close to the cutout so a template is very useful.

I've emailed B&G.  They say to call.  I've called for 2 days in a row and can't get though.  I also used their call back service; they never called back.  Absolutely atrocious customer service.

Disregard, solved.

Thank goodness for Defender...I love those guys.  I bought it (the radio) from them last year. 

Called and connected with a nice customer service woman and told her about the situation.  She put me on hold.  When she came back she told me she reamed them out a bit for not getting back to me and had an answer.  The template is the same as the Simrad RS35.  Good news, I got it.  Thanks Defender.

But, for B&Gs part this is ridiculous.  Oh, of course it the same as the RS35.  And, it was only listed on the Simrad UK website's document page.  Not on any other Simrad website I found.  So if your looking for documents, spares, information, or help, check all Navico brand product lines for equivalent products.  Then search all the global website domains for the particular information you are looking for.  If you are waiting to speak to a person, wait longer.