Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

College Football 2018

3 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

there's more outrage for a coach who semi covered for his assistant coach and lied about it  vs   UM coach who literally ran a player to death..

Oh Durkin is toast.  If Mike Leach got canned for putting Craig James' son in a broom closet to recover, one would hope that Durkin faces at least that for putting a kid in the ground. 

21 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Oh Durkin is toast.  If Mike Leach got canned for putting Craig James' son in a broom closet to recover, one would hope that Durkin faces at least that for putting a kid in the ground. 

true , but the outrage and national headlines aren't there..

It's important to note that Durkin didn't run the kid, it was the trainer. By all accounts throughout his career, this is way out of character for Durkin as well, ESPN's hit piece notwithstanding.

It's telling that ESPN literally gave a wife beater a public forum and is totally under playing the biggest shit bag CFB has ever seen in Meyer, and instead is railing on Durkin. They are so transparent. Kill the Baylors of the world, but shield the cash cows like tOSU.

The state of Ohio should also be nuked into orbit. What a godforsaken shithole.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doghouse said:

It's important to note that Durkin didn't run the kid, it was the trainer. By all accounts throughout his career, this is way out of character for Durkin as well, ESPN's hit piece notwithstanding.

It's telling that ESPN literally gave a wife beater a public forum and is totally under playing the biggest shit bag CFB has ever seen in Meyer, and instead is railing on Durkin. They are so transparent. Kill the Baylors of the world, but shield the cash cows like tOSU.

The state of Ohio should also be nuked into orbit. What a godforsaken shithole.

he allowed all the hazing to be done in the name of scholarship retention... he's no better than the guy with the whistle...

3 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

he allowed all the hazing to be done in the name of scholarship retention... he's no better than the guy with the whistle...

Yeah, I dont think that is actually what happened at all.

18 hours ago, doghouse said:

Yeah, I dont think that is actually what happened at all.

i'm not sure why you can't see the obvious..   he's a sadistic mother  fucker who has a long history of this attitude..   he and his enablers killed a kid outright..  he's just as bad as art briles and has no business being around an athletic program.

Peppers was asked about playing for Durkin, who was Michigan’s defensive coordinator in 2015. He described the former coordinator’s methods as “bully coaching.”

“Coach Durkin, he was a different guy, you know what I mean. His tactics were different,” Peppers said. “It felt extreme at times. I’m just as shocked reading all the stuff that’s going on now. I thought he was only like that because it was his first time coaching us. He was the defensive coordinator so he was just trying to get us to buy-in to how he wants his defense to play. I thought once he became a head coach that he would calm down a little bit, become more of a people person, a player’s coach.

this is way out of character for Durkin

do you know him?  or are you just spewing the fucktard rhetoric from the coaching community..

interesting take on   clemson's openning game against furman..    qb for furman is actually a clemson student..   a partnership between the schools allows him to pursue a degree at clemson.. 

2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

do you know him?  or are you just spewing the fucktard rhetoric from the coaching community..

Lol. Settle down Beavis.

His reputation has been what it is for decades of coaching, not because of this event. And the massive push back from parents of kids that have been coached by him also runs counter to this narrative. Like I said, I could be convinced otherwise as this runs it's course, but as of right now I'm not convinced. Meanwhile Meyer has literally shielded a murderer before, and now a wife beater.

43 minutes ago, doghouse said:

Lol. Settle down Beavis.

His reputation has been what it is for decades of coaching, not because of this event. And the massive push back from parents of kids that have been coached by him also runs counter to this narrative. Like I said, I could be convinced otherwise as this runs it's course, but as of right now I'm not convinced. Meanwhile Meyer has literally shielded a murderer before, and now a wife beater.

My nutty Gator friend hates him and Meyer with a passion.  Apparently the were both bad dudes.  Maryland has to decide what to do pronto.  They have 18 days to install an offense and then a game plan, and to make final personnel descisions.

Canada is lacking as a OC but good enough to get them thru the year. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

My nutty Gator friend shared this delusional prediction with me.  I personally think that’s crazy.  Maybe 9-3 or 10-2.  

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/watch-cbs-sports-analysts-are-stunned-when-brian-jones-picks-florida-to-make-it-to-playoff/

fantasy land is down the hall and to the left...

15 hours ago, Fakenews said:

That’s what I told him!  Maybe SEC east but 2nd best team in the country?  LOL

yeah don't think so,   they'll be battling for 3rd with Tenn..       Uga, SC, t hen the rest ..

Tennessee is going to suck dogballs this year.  Muschamp will find away to screw things up.

i thinks this is a fair ranking of the teams.  My nutty Gator friend also cites a favorable schedule, QB whisperer, elite defense and outside of QB the perhaps the best group of skill posistion players in the league.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24302312/college-football-sec-preview

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Tennessee is going to suck dogballs this year.  Muschamp will find away to screw things up.

i thinks this is a fair ranking of the teams.  My nutty Gator friend also cites a favorable schedule, QB whisperer, elite defense and outside of QB the perhaps the best group of skill posistion players in the league.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24302312/college-football-sec-preview

don't know about that , but it's going to be a good season this year..  a lot of talented teams out there    can't wait until it starts.. unfortunately yahoo killed the pickem

lol...  one writer put trevor lawrence as a top 3 heisman candidate...  he hasn't even played one down outside of practice.. 

On 8/17/2018 at 9:47 AM, Fakenews said:

Tenn Rebuild.jpg

Alabama just lost 2 starting LB’s to season ending injury and UGA lost a 5*RB.  I’m not a fan of either team but this just sucks for a fan of the game.

• Downvote 1

On 8/15/2018 at 11:07 PM, Fakenews said:

My nutty Gator friend hates him and Meyer with a passion.  Apparently the were both bad dudes.  Maryland has to decide what to do pronto.  They have 18 days to install an offense and then a game plan, and to make final personnel descisions.

Canada is lacking as a OC but good enough to get them thru the year. 

Gaytor, I’m betting that if I go back and look at your posting history - I recall you saying reapeatedly that urban was a god and you had his cock deep down your throat while he was doing well.  In fact I think you probably masterbated to the thought of Meyer and Timmy T doing a DP on you.   Unfortunately, your mom always seemed to knock on the door just before the twin money shot and ruined your fantasy. It’s like she had a 6th sense that you were up to no good. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 2:34 PM, Fakenews said:

Alabama just lost 2 starting LB’s to season ending injury and UGA lost a 5*RB.  I’m not a fan of either team but this just sucks for a fan of the game.

Hate it for those kids, but Bama and UGA will be alright.  That 5* running back and #1 rb recruit for 2018 was only 4th on the depth chart.  

Now tell me again how Floriduh has the best skill players in the SEC.  That's some funny shit.

I like this

This year, considering the talent levels, the schedules, and everything that’s in place from last year’s respective teams, Alabama and Clemson might just be that much better than everyone else.

The whole season will be a road to seeing these two eventually square off in Santa Clara, with two teams out of Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Washington making for an epic College Football Playoff.

And then it’ll be the Crimson Tide and Tigers for the fourth time four years, and the third time for the national title.

a championship rubber match..

7 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

apparently, urban is going to come out without a scratch.. 

Three game suspension.  Who do they play, the Sisters of Mercy?  

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If Al McGuire was still alive he would say East Cupcake State and Little Sisters of the Poor.

also another sad artifact of today...    btw there was an instant run on plastic flasks..

CLEMSON, S.C. — In an effort to ensure that Memorial Stadium is the safest possible venue for fans during the 2018 season and beyond, Clemson Athletics, in conjunction with the Clemson University Police Department, will implement a walk-thru metal detector pilot program

13 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Actually,  OSU play;  1) OregonSt,  2) Rutgers, 3) At TCU which is ranked #16.

I wouldn't consider a road game at #16 a "Sisters of Mercy"

8 minutes ago, ErieJ24 said:

TCU might give them a game, but OSU has enough defense for them.  They'll go 3-0 through that, with ease.  

I don't hate Meyer, but I recognize what he will do to a program because I've seen it here at Florida.  The definition of acceptable behavior will get stretched and stretched, and before you know it, there will only be discipline for the non-stars.  At UF that ended up with a murderer on the roster.  Granted, the murder for which he was convicted happened later, but he was no angel in Gaineville either.  https://www.gainesville.com/news/20170421/gpd-closes-unsolved-shooting-case-involving-hernandez

By the time Urban retired for health reasons, the team was losing the big games because they had no discipline.  Most of the fan base was fine with it, as long as they were winning. This situation brings back memories for me.  Caveat Emptor.  

TCU might give them a game, but OSU has enough defense for them.  They'll go 3-0 through that, with ease.  

I don't hate Meyer, but I recognize what he will do to a program because I've seen it here at Florida.  The definition of acceptable behavior will get stretched and stretched, and before you know it, there will only be discipline for the non-stars.  At UF that ended up with a murderer on the roster.  Granted, the murder for which he was convicted happened later, but he was no angel in Gaineville either.  https://www.gainesville.com/news/20170421/gpd-closes-unsolved-shooting-case-involving-hernandez

By the time Urban retired for health reasons, the team was losing the big games because they had no discipline.  Most of the fan base was fine with it, as long as they were winning. This situation brings back memories for me.  Caveat Emptor.  

I admit being a bit biased, being an OSU Alum.   And I think Meyer is getting a bad deal  (much like Tressel got a bad deal).

At the end of the day, The Powell Police, Cheryl Smith's mom, Zak Smiths mom and The Meyer's all know that Cheryl is a nutjob, and that Zak is a creep. But PC culture does not allow them to state the truth.   I'm not sure why it's Meyer's job to be a marriage counselor.  Should he have fired Zak?  Yes, he did.  Should he have reported Zac to his superiors?  Yes,  he did...

But I do agree with you Sol that Urban's message to his team just got severely diluted.  He has pushed his "high morality"  expectations to his team for years.  That is now a joke .   And discipline may now be hard to enforce...  we will see.

My guess is Urban walks away at the end of this season, with an F you to Gene Smith....   It didn't look like he was "happy" with the suspension/outcome of this.

I wouldn't be if I were him.

Looks like a "Sisters of Mercy" punishment for that douchebag...a rap on the knuckles with a ruler...fucker already had no moral highground to stand on and now has zero credibility in any sector of society outside of OSU fanboys...

1 hour ago, ErieJ24 said:

I admit being a bit biased, being an OSU Alum.   And I think Meyer is getting a bad deal  (much like Tressel got a bad deal).

At the end of the day, The Powell Police, Cheryl Smith's mom, Zak Smiths mom and The Meyer's all know that Cheryl is a nutjob, and that Zak is a creep. But PC culture does not allow them to state the truth.   I'm not sure why it's Meyer's job to be a marriage counselor.  Should he have fired Zak?  Yes, he did.  Should he have reported Zac to his superiors?  Yes,  he did...

But I do agree with you Sol that Urban's message to his team just got severely diluted.  He has pushed his "high morality"  expectations to his team for years.  That is now a joke .   And discipline may now be hard to enforce...  we will see.

My guess is Urban walks away at the end of this season, with an F you to Gene Smith....   It didn't look like he was "happy" with the suspension/outcome of this.

I wouldn't be if I were him.

Should he have hired Zak?    No.. 

2 hours ago, ErieJ24 said:

He has pushed his "high morality"  expectations to his team for years. 

Bwahahahahahahahahaahahahaha.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 11:02 AM, ErieJ24 said:

That’s why they fudged by giving him the OK to work with the team and game plan the previous 2 weeks. Taking out what little teeth this suspension has 

Well I nap to do it my nutty Gator friend.  I’m pullin Forct the Gators.,10-2 seems a far assessment.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Well I nap to do it my nutty Gator friend.  I’m pullin Forct the Gators.,10-2 seems a far assessment.

A very far assessment indeed.  Somewhere between 6-6 and 8-4 is a more realistic prediction.  UGA, FSU, SC, MISS ST and LSU are all likely/potential losses and I doubt you will go through Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri and Vandy unscathed.

21 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Gaytor, does your parole officer know you're drinking again???

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Gaytor, does your parole officer know you're drinking again???

I just hope Gaston stays off the moped!

Does anyone have Gaston's mugshot still?  Would be nice to drag that gem back out

2 hours ago, 2slow said:

I just hope Gaston stays off the moped!

Does anyone have Gaston's mugshot still?  Would be nice to drag that gem back out

Of course I do.

• Like 1

OK boyz and gurlz, with the opening kickoff just days away - its time for another year of College Football Pickem.  The winner will get bragging rights for a year and something from Teaky's desk.

To join, click on the link below and follow these instructions:

In order to join the group, just go to College Football Pick'em, and click the "Join Group" button. From there, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 11626
Password: Gaytor_Vespa

As usual, we will use the AP 25 games and pick against the spread.  The deadline to pick is 5 min before EACH game.  So just make sure you at least make picks in all the early games and save and then you can come back later and make your picks if you're rushed for time.  

I was tempted to do a parallel one with picking just straight winners without the spread just for a fun comparo.  If anyone is interested in doing both, I can set up the other one (non-spread picks) too.

Maybe we can even get Gaytor's nutty friend to join and play too?  :lol:

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Maybe we can even get Gaytor's nutty friend to join and play too?  :lol:

Let's not and say we did.

On 8/23/2018 at 10:37 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

also another sad artifact of today...    btw there was an instant run on plastic flasks..

You don't need a plastic flask.  The metal detectors are a pilot program and won't be at all the gates. 

There is always the old standby of film canisters. Perfect amount of bourbon for the regular size cups and you can store them on the lip under your seat. With passouts at Clemson, you only need 2 for the first half, then back to the tailgate for a drink and refilling them for the second half.  

1 hour ago, svitale said:

You don't need a plastic flask.  The metal detectors are a pilot program and won't be at all the gates. 

There is always the old standby of film canisters. Perfect amount of bourbon for the regular size cups and you can store them on the lip under your seat. With passouts at Clemson, you only need 2 for the first half, then back to the tailgate for a drink and refilling them for the second half.  

shit, a pint of bourbon in the back pocket for you and your date..   you got clear coke (sprite) or dark coke (coke) at the concessions for chasers

they dpn't mention flasks..

Artboard-1-1.png

Penn State????  WTF?  You almost got Michiganed!

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Penn State????  WTF?  You almost got Michiganed!

A missed app state field goal in the 4th quarter kept them in the game 

Just thought I would drop this nugget of wisdom that occurred to me:

The Houston Cougar Curse.  As evidence I offer:

1. Art Briles

2. Kevin Sumlin

3. Tom Hermann

for bonus point: Kliff Kingsbury. 

don't fuck with Cougar High.

Enjoyed the ND Michigan game. Woulda been better if Michigan pulled it out.....couldn't keep the QB on the field though. He needs to learn about hydration. That soph QB McCaffery looked pretty good though.

17 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Enjoyed the ND Michigan game. Woulda been better if Michigan pulled it out.....couldn't keep the QB on the field though. He needs to learn about hydration. That soph QB McCaffery looked pretty good though.

if either team didn't suck...  how does hairball manage to hang on?    that offense is embarrassing ,,,   patterson? he sucked big time..

14 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

if either team didn't suck...  how does hairball manage to hang on?    that offense is embarrassing ,,,   patterson? he sucked big time..

I didn't think either QB had that good a game. Michigan O is indeed weak.

51 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Enjoyed the ND Michigan game. Woulda been better if Michigan pulled it out.....

They woude nevere of hade chance to pulle it oute if diddente gette the gifte pass internference caulle.                        :)

16 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I didn't think either QB had that good a game. Michigan O is indeed weak.

UM has the Gators’ head coach from the last three years as an offensive assistant. 

He was very affable during his time here. Not a bit offensive. No offense. 

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

UM has the Gators’ head coach from the last three years as an offensive assistant. 

He was very affable during his time here. Not a bit offensive. No offense. 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, sunseeker said:

Anybody else getting tired of Nick Saban being a douchebag to reporters?

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sunseeker said:

Perhaps if they stop asking stupid questions designed to stir up a non-existant QB controversy. I think its enteraining  to watch him unload on unwary members of the media. I think more celebs and dignitaries should do it.

8 hours ago, Point Break said:

Miami who? 

‘Holy cow.....didn’t see that coming. 

I know!  And I picked LSU to win in the Pickem and then went back and changed it later.  Stoopid!

Also, speaking of the pickem - I have it set to drop the worst two weeks for each person.   So don't think you're out of it because you missed this week.  Go ahead and signup and play.  

• Like 1

That LSU Miami game needs music. 

In other news, I predict that the ACC will have a big win tonight. I have no idea what FSU is going to look like, but it better involve better o-line play than last year. 

Gators looked all world with 9 suspended temporarily and 9 hurt.  Most,of the freshmen played like juniors but for QB.  Gators  should,  have 80 points and 100opposite team suxks eccept way.  I’d say the are a top 6-7 team.

• Downvote 1

22 hours ago, sunseeker said:

actually it was a stupid question,  who the fuck was behind the ball during the game.. there's your answer..  saban doesn't tolerate stupid..

• Like 1

actually it was a stupid question,  who the fuck was behind the ball during the game.. there's your answer..  saban doesn't tolerate stupid..

True, but he could have put that issue to bed long ago.  

5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

In other news, I predict that the ACC will have a big win tonight. I have no idea what FSU is going to look like, but it better involve better o-line play than last year. 

VT ?

It’s not a stupid question at all for someone in the TV biz.  It’s the sort of question that drives controversy hence ratings. Nick’s just an arrogant asshole. 

1 minute ago, Snaggletooth said:

VT ?

I'm not sure if they look good, or FSU just looks bad.  That does not look like a well coached team.  Very uncharacteristically so.  And the FSU offensive line is still nowhere to be found. 

59 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

VT ?

I'm not sure if they look good, or FSU just looks bad.  That does not look like a well coached team.  Very uncharacteristically so.  And the FSU offensive line is still nowhere to be found.

Gifte then creditte, they kepte FSU off ballence alle game.                        :)

11 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Gifte then creditte, they kepte FSU off ballence alle game.                        :)

VT destroyed FSU just as LSU destroyed Miami, but what I saw went beyond that. The Noles lost (I think) five games last year but I never saw them look absolutely befuddled like they did last night. That was ugly. 

13 hours ago, sunseeker said:

It’s not a stupid question at all for someone in the TV biz.  It’s the sort of question that drives controversy hence ratings. Nick’s just an arrogant asshole. 

Please give one example of arrogance. Getting pissed off about being asked the same question for 8 months is not arrogance. He has said all along that one qb would win the job. that's what happened. everyone saw it. Stop asking the question. 

Hint arrogance is everything out of Urban Myers mouth.

14 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

True, but he could have put that issue to bed long ago.  

that's the point , he doesn't have to...  it's his team ..   and the fact that if you don't name a starter, then the opposing teams won't know whom to prepare for

he could have been nicer, but if you hear this everyday since the championship game ended and after the 1st game ended..   this shit of intercepting the coach as he comes off / on the field at halftime asking stupid questions has got to end..  

• Like 1

VT destroyed FSU just as LSU destroyed Miami, but what I saw went beyond that. The Noles lost (I think) five games last year but I never saw them look absolutely befuddled like they did last night. That was ugly. 

hahahaha   they got willie taggert..     and miami's got  Mark Richt        both teams going nowhere..

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

hahahaha   they got willie taggert..     and miami's got  Mark Richt        both teams going nowhere..

Yep.   That was a Mark Richt classic, totally unprepared.  Remember when preseason #1 UGA lost to Boise on opening day?  Have fun Miami!

Oh, I know we are supposed to disregard he who shall not be named, but his trolling majesty suggested Floriduh is a top 7 team.  Classic.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Yep.   That was a Mark Richt classic, totally unprepared.  Remember when preseason #1 UGA lost to Boise on opening day?  Have fun Miami!

Oh, I know we are supposed to disregard he who shall not be named, but his trolling majesty suggested Floriduh is a top 7 team.  Classic.

Miami was woefully unprepared for that game.  

A week from now, I will have a much better grasp of what the Gators' upside is for this season.  I saw a lot of positive signs, not the least of which was a QB making his check downs instead of taking off and running too soon, or throwing up a hail stupid heave.  But I'll need to see how the lines hold up against guys who are not half their size.  They could end up really good, really bad, or someplace in between.  I suspect it will be the latter of the three, and after last year, I'm good with that.  

a lot of  cupcake games out there this past weekend.. but still we had some posers show up ..   Tenn,  Richt, Willie, Kiffin, Herman, Hairball, Petrino,  Kelly, Franklin..   to name a couple..      out of all the games i saw, Bama looks the best prepared..     

47 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

a lot of  cupcake games out there this past weekend.. but still we had some posers show up ..   Tenn,  Richt, Willie, Kiffin, Herman, Hairball, Petrino,  Kelly, Franklin..   to name a couple..      out of all the games i saw, Bama looks the best prepared..     

casablanca.jpg?w=450

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

They probably are.  No idea how good UGA is yet, last year it was all about our running backs, I think this year our big plays are going to come in passing game.  Dawgs are starting three badass 5* wideouts and two (Demetrius Robertson and Mecole Hardman) are track fast in football bodies.  

Can we please have another college football season that is about college football and not BG?  That shit is tedious. 

Sounds good to me.  There are also amazingly enough schools playing football that aren't in the SEC.  Hard to believe I know. 

11 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Sounds good to me.  There are also amazingly enough schools playing football that aren't in the SEC.  Hard to believe I know. 

:lol:

I just happened to be driving past Auburn campus on the Interstate as the game in Atlanta was starting up. It looked like a ghost town! Seems everybody was at the Georgia Dome for the game. Funny that Auburn was designated as the 'visiting team' when about 60,000 of the 70,000 attendees were Auburn fans. I listened in on the radio as I drove on towards Atlanta and it had been a long time that I had 'listened' to a game instead of 'watched'. Nice in some ways except one of the announcers used the term 'he (the ball carrier) went NASCAR' on that first Auburn touchdown. I thought that was a silly analogy and the guy would be sorry he ever let that term slip from his lips. But he and the rest of the broadcast team must have used the stupid phrase another couple of time before the half-time! Hope that doesn't carry over into TV broadcasting.

We could start a list of sportscaster phrases we are all so tired of..................

I still don't get "and he takes it to the house"........what house? I don't see any house.............

'Move the Chains' is wearing thin for me. 

You might get caught up watching this on football cliches, 

We about to cut up now...