Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

College Football 2018

Georgia- USCjr should be a fun game but the talking heads need to ease up on the upset talk.  If Georgia is 2/3rds the team I think they are we cover the 9 easy.  Debo Samuel is great but one player is not beating the Dawgs.

Only 4 minutes into Georgia game, I think I know what we have this season.  Its going to be fun!  Jake Fromm could mix himself a drink waiting for the Carolina pass rush.  Our o-line is best Georgia has ever had.

Now I know you aren’t Nutty.  Nutty doesn’t  drink and neither do I (ever since I got in to hardcore CrossFit and Thai Chi six months agoI also occasionally do meditation. I use two free days one for sailing or being on the water the other just to chill. Helps to spend 30 hours tops working mostly when I want to.  Body weight is now @ 155 and body fat 9.5% (not water tested yet waiting till December when I suspect it will be lower).

So not nutty you are having mental breaks associated with binge drinking.  Not good.  I doubt you have the mental fortitude to just go cold turkey. it was easy for me but you will likely have the shakes.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Only 4 minutes into Georgia game, I think I know what we have this season.  Its going to be fun!  Jake Fromm could mix himself a drink waiting for the Carolina pass rush.  Our o-line is best Georgia has ever had.

SC just answered with a 75 yard td drive.  Georgia OL rattled got delay of game, and now another OL penalty.

• Downvote 1

The gap between Georgia and rest of the SEC East is huge.  Here is a stat for ya; last three years rushing differential between Dawgs and Chickens is 857 to 120. 

We need a wellness check on BG.  21-10 with 4minutes left in the 3rd.  Total yards are 400-190 in UKs favor.  And the game is in Gainesville.  

On 9/2/2018 at 7:16 PM, d'ranger said:

Just thought I would drop this nugget of wisdom that occurred to me:

The Houston Cougar Curse.  As evidence I offer:

1. Art Briles

2. Kevin Sumlin

3. Tom Hermann

for bonus point: Kliff Kingsbury. 

don't fuck with Cougar High.

So today was Kevin Sumlin (left UH for A&M) homecoming as HC at Arizona. Final? 45-18. They were down 38 zip before scoring on the backups.  Looks like Tom Herman will manage to beat up on Tulsa. big whoop.  The curse, it's a thing.

edit: I know you guys don't give a shit about anything outside the SEC and Floridud, but suck it. B)

Oh where oh where oh where is Bull Gator when we need to discuss KENTUCKY!!!!!!!?!  

Here's something I have never heard before;  30 minutes after Florida lost at home to Kentucky, running back,  Adarius Lemons, quit the team via Twitter.  During the game he played and had two kick returns for 47 yards. Troubling.

I remember the other day someone suggested the gators were a top 6 team, what a maroon!

I stand by my prediction of 6-8 wins for Florida, probably 6, but could be as low as 4, luckily they play FSU, that should be a win.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 2slow said:

Let's go Kentucky!!

THAT. WAS. AWESOME!

if you're watching replays,  Clemson & AM is a good watch ,  reported attendance at the game in which it rained most of the time , 105k..    no one left early  , i think dabo's playing two qb's has finally gotten through to kelly  and he stepped up his game the second half.  the am wr with the blonde extensions, damn, he's good.   uga looked good..   can't fucking believe unc lost to east carolina, there's talk about firing east carolina's coach in mid season and he pulls this off  good for him..

and the warriors,  3 - 0    

On 9/5/2018 at 12:47 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

love this

"There will be better days for Florida State under Willie Taggart.

There can’t be too many worse ones."

omfg... i was pulling for samford so hard.. in a bar full of fsu coeds it was great to tease them..     good thing ol' willie boy won, couldn't have imagined what would have happened in tallahassee if he didn't

21 hours ago, 2slow said:

Here's something I have never heard before;  30 minutes after Florida lost at home to Kentucky, running back,  Adarius Lemons, quit the team via Twitter.  During the game he played and had two kick returns for 47 yards. Troubling.

I remember the other day someone suggested the gators were a top 6 team, what a maroon!

I stand by my prediction of 6-8 wins for Florida, probably 6, but could be as low as 4, luckily they play FSU, that should be a win.

6 is about right, with UT and FSU being tossups.  Win both and it's 7, with neither and it's 5. This will not be a short process that turns everything around in one offseason.  They're gonna have to be happy with being the equivalent of Champions of Life for a while.  

32 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

6 is about right, with UT and FSU being tossups.  Win both and it's 7, with neither and it's 5. This will not be a short process that turns everything around in one offseason.  They're gonna have to be happy with being the equivalent of Champions of Life for a while.  

I wish you were a gator shit talker, but alas you are one of the non-win at all costs- reputation is more important fans. A rarity on the internet but actually pretty common among my Florida friends.

Gotta say, it's fun being on the dominant side of our biggest rivalry for the first time since 1991.

Vandy is solid, might give you guys a game.  Looking at your schedule, if all goes south, Idaho and Colorado State are your only sure wins, could get shut out in SEC..

One last thing that gladdens the heart.  In the 2nd quarter Georgia lost its best o-lineman, left tackle Andrew Thomas.  He was replaced with a true freshman, Cade Mays, who promptly starting flattening SC players, absolutely no noticeable drop off.  Granted, kid was a five star (dad played at Tennessee), but I have never seen that kind of depth on line at Georgia.

20 minutes ago, 2slow said:

One last thing that gladdens the heart.  In the 2nd quarter Georgia lost its best o-lineman, left tackle Andrew Thomas.  He was replaced with a true freshman, Cade Mays, who promptly starting flattening SC players, absolutely no noticeable drop off.  Granted, kid was a five star (dad played at Tennessee), but I have never seen that kind of depth on line at Georgia.

you fuckers stole him from us...    he's a beast

51 minutes ago, 2slow said:

I wish you were a gator shit talker, but alas you are one of the non-win at all costs- reputation is more important fans. A rarity on the internet but actually pretty common among my Florida friends.

Gotta say, it's fun being on the dominant side of our biggest rivalry for the first time since 1991.

Vandy is solid, might give you guys a game.  Looking at your schedule, if all goes south, Idaho and Colorado State are your only sure wins, could get shut out in SEC..

They'll win some SEC games.  They are neither as bad as they looked against UK nor as good as they looked against the Sisters of Mercy.  As your story about the lineman shows, they need depth on the line, and do not yet have it.  Time and success will bring that.  They don't have FSU's o-Line problems, but they are a long way from good in the trenches.  That will take a couple of years of competent recruiting.  And a turnover backpack might help too.  

North Carolina announced earlier today that its game against UCF is being cancelled. The Tar Heels say it’s unlikely the game will be rescheduled.

yeah they didn't feel like getting their ass whipped twice in one day..   it's one way to avoid a loss..

ncstate and wvu  cancelled too...  shame , wanted to watch that game.. 

I truly hope that Bobby Bowden doesn't blow his brains out watching FSU these days.  So, what's the over/under on the coach's service?  I'm thinking days and not weeks.  

The o line was the Noles’ problem last year. This year’s line is worse. The whole “tempo offense” thing sounds eerily similar to “rhythm method”, with similar success rates. That coach will not last the season without big changes. 

Bobbeh is rested, and Truck is hanging around to run the D. Let the old boys have another go. 

Alabama is one bad ass team.  Shout out to LSU!!  Love coach O

Only 2nd quarter, but tOSU is being outplayed and outcoached by TCU. 

2 hours ago, 2slow said:

Alabama is one bad ass team.  Shout out to LSU!!  Love coach O

Only 2nd quarter, but tOSU is being outplayed and outcoached by TCU. 

Yeah, go Tigers!  (my kid’s alma mater).  Better in the stadium than they are “on paper”.  Way to pull that game out today.

Jesus but Arkansas FSU Nebraska and Wisconsin shit the bed bad yesterday. It was especially nice to see USC get trucked by a bad Texas team.  My nutty gator neighbor is in a good mood again. Says the Gators have a true freshman RB who reminds him of Eric Rhett who he says is the 2nd best RB to ever play at Florida.

Fuck Fuck Fuck.

Just got back in So Cal from Austin.

Trojans need to just stop playing football in Texas don't schedule any games in the entire state. 

Actually, I have that backwards, they need to START playing football in the state of Texas

Fuck Fuck Fuck

7 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Jesus but Arkansas FSU Nebraska and Wisconsin shit the bed bad yesterday. It was especially nice to see USC get trucked by a bad Texas team.  My nutty gator neighbor is in a good mood again. Says the Gators have a true freshman RB who reminds him of Eric Rhett who he says is the 2nd best RB to ever play at Florida.

Nothing quite like beating Colorado State at the swamp to build your confidence!

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

Nothing quite like beating Colorado State at the swamp to build your confidence!

Better than losing to Troy....  I didn't know what to think after they beat the Hogs...until I saw the Hogs yesterday.  

The worst part of that whole game was watching Mike Bobo hobbling around.  I felt pain just seeing him trying to move.  Reminds me of an astute line from a buddy's I'm-checking-out note:  "Time is a cruel taskmaster."  I hope he gets through it.  

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

My nutty neighbor also pointed out the frosh surpassed all of Herschel Walker’s records in Georgia HS football that had stood for 40 years.

6 hours ago, Gator's Nutty Nieghbor said:

Well, Gaston. I didn't quite say that. The kid is good and Florida did get the win. It may be the start of something. 

By the way, that was a hell of a racket you made coming home last night. What the hell happened to your left front fender? Everybody ok?

How many fenders does a Vespa have???

• Like 1

you just got to love fsu..    3 games in and ...

fans have created a GoFundMe page created to buy out your contract three weeks into your run, things aren’t going well.

what are they going to do by the end of the season..  they'll be begging for hurrincanes just to get games cancelled

So far, the Seminoles have scored ten points in two ACC games, and with road trips to Louisville, Miami, NC State and Notre Dame still to go, and with home games against Clemson, Boston College and Florida to deal with, too, this will almost certainly be the fourth losing seasons in Taggart’s eight seasons as a head coach.

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

you just got to love fsu..    3 games in and ...

what are they going to do by the end of the season..  they'll be begging for hurrincanes just to get games cancelled

I heard that there are at least a half dozen gofundme pages aimed at buying out his contract.  I feel bad for Bobby and Mickey Andrews, the legendary DC.  They finally get invited to attend games again, only to see this carnage.  The footage of Mickey was painful to watch; it looked like old Truck was about to blow a gasket in the stands.  

The situation makes a "Confucius" saying pop into my head.  Confucius say "tempo offense" much like "rhythm method"  Both give birth to multitude of problems. I've probably posted that before but I don't care. I'm getting old and I repeat myself.  Sue me.  

20 hours ago, Fakenews said:

My nutty neighbor also pointed out the frosh surpassed all of Herschel Walker’s records in Georgia HS football that had stood for 40 years.

Pump the brakes on the Herschel Walker comparisons,  talk to me when he is 6'1" 225 and runs a 10.1 hundred, or when he runs for 5259 yards in three years with 53 touchdowns (3-0 vs. FU).

Since when does Florida celebrate beating CSU.  Both sad and troubling.  

My nutty gator neighbor wasn’t celebrating per se.  however I am disappointed in your take on what it takes to be a good RB.  Walter Payton wasn’t 6’ 225 neither was emmitt or sanders or any #of all time greats (all greater than Herschel)  Fact is most are on the shorter side.  My nutty gator neighbor tell me Pierce is 5’10 but really closer to 5’9” and weighs more than Walker in his playing days at 228#.  He apparently squats 585#.

i saw his breakaway TD.  He reminds me of a slightly bigger Darren Sproles - the kid is fast.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Sproles

JFC Gator, the kid has played two games against substandard defenses.  Let's see how he does against Mississippi State, LSU, and Georgia.  

25 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

JFC Gator, the kid has played two games against substandard defenses.  Let's see how he does against Mississippi State, LSU, and Georgia.  

Lets see them beat UT in Knoxville.  Nobody else matters at the moment.  

To bolster my poin re RB height Frank Gore just became the NFL’s 4th leading RB.  Like the other three ahead of him he’s 5’9” or less.

5 hours ago, Fakenews said:

My nutty gator neighbor wasn’t celebrating per se.  however I am disappointed in your take on what it takes to be a good RB.  Walter Payton wasn’t 6’ 225 neither was emmitt or sanders or any #of all time greats (all greater than Herschel)  Fact is most are on the shorter side.  My nutty gator neighbor tell me Pierce is 5’10 but really closer to 5’9” and weighs more than Walker in his playing days at 228#.  He apparently squats 585#.

i saw his breakaway TD.  He reminds me of a slightly bigger Darren Sproles - the kid is fast.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Sproles

This is the college football thread. Barry Sanders is the only running back on your list on Herschel's level in college, and man do I love Barry Sanders.

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

This is the college football thread. Barry Sanders is the only running back on your list on Herschel's level in college, and man do I love Barry Sanders.

I feel fortunate to have seen Emmitt play at Florida Field back when the vaunted and imaginative Galen Hall offense ran three plays: Emmitt right, Emmitt left, Emmitt up the middle. Everyone in the stadium knew where the ball was going and he still broke amazing runs. He remains the best athlete I have ever seen in person. And Ole Miss beat the shit out of the Gators that day. If memory serves, it was a week before Chucky Mullins’ injury. 

Damn I’m getting old. 

On 9/17/2018 at 10:12 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

I feel fortunate to have seen Emmitt play at Florida Field back when the vaunted and imaginative Galen Hall offense ran three plays: Emmitt right, Emmitt left, Emmitt up the middle. Everyone in the stadium knew where the ball was going and he still broke amazing runs. He remains the best athlete I have ever seen in person. And Ole Miss beat the shit out of the Gators that day. If memory serves, it was a week before Chucky Mullins’ injury. 

Damn I’m getting old. 

ha..

i met dan marino when he was a high school kid being recruited..

and the rats are leaving the ship..

Calvin Brewton, a four-star defensive back, has left Florida State’s football team, according to a report that has since been confirmed by the school.

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

ha..

i met dan marino when he was a high school kid being recruited..

and the rats are leaving the ship..

My nutty Gator friend says the Gators are in prime position to poach a number of FSU recruits as the wheels come off. Says they currently have a top 10 class.

• Downvote 1

42170160_10213627498346221_2137884945849

That's gotta be someone from Vandy putting that together.  I can't see anyone from UT wielding that kind of razor sharp literacy.  

• Like 1

So in today's Houston Chronicle was a write up of the first game between Houston and Texas, 1968 in Austin.  UH had the veer  and Royal was working on his own version of the triple option (was later dubbed the wishbone by a local sportswriter).  Coach Yeoman was very open about sharing what he did, (very cool guy btw, if I saw him on campus I would say Hi Coach! and he would smile and say hi).  Anyway, probably nobody here cares but in Austin that night was SRO and ended 20-20.  Sat on the track thus awesome viewing, in this same time period sat on the floor of the Dome for the UH-UCLA game.  Nothing has ever topped the intensity and emotion of those two games.  Here is the link to the article, if anyone wants to read it and can't i will check back and paste it here. Wade Phillips was on the UH defense, bunch of great guys both teams. 

1968 UH vs UT game

good times.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, d'ranger said:

So in today's Houston Chronicle was a write up of the first game between Houston and Texas, 1968 in Austin.  UH had the veer  and Royal was working on his own version of the triple option (was later dubbed the wishbone by a local sportswriter).  Coach Yeoman was very open about sharing what he did, (very cool guy btw, if I saw him on campus I would say Hi Coach! and he would smile and say hi).  Anyway, probably nobody here cares but in Austin that night was SRO and ended 20-20.  Sat on the track thus awesome viewing, in this same time period sat on the floor of the Dome for the UH-UCLA game.  Nothing has ever topped the intensity and emotion of those two games.  Here is the link to the article, if anyone wants to read it and can't i will check back and paste it here. Wade Phillips was on the UH defense, bunch of great guys both teams. 

1968 UH vs UT game

good times.

i was in the stadium for  clemson / notre dame in  79  at a time when clemson was trying to be relevant and ND was still decent..   you could only talk when clemson had the ball..

”loseing”?

LMAO.  Your feeble attempt to imitate my nutty gator neighbor makes me laugh and laugh here.  Isn’t there a gun masturbation thread you should be posting on instead?

23 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That's gotta be someone from Vandy putting that together.  I can't see anyone from UT wielding that kind of razor sharp literacy.  

Adgreede!                                    :)

On 9/21/2018 at 1:00 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

THAT was fucking BRILLIANT!!!  :lol::lol:

Gator, 

By this time tomorrow, you'll wish that Rocky Top was your home sweet home.  Your boys, including mini-me Herschel, are going down!

Georgia was way off their game today + Drew Locke is the real deal, still won easily but that was the worst they have played since @ Auburn last year.  Locke's receivers let him down, it should have been closer 

Mizzou looked like the second best team in the SEC East

10 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Gator, 

By this time tomorrow, you'll wish that Rocky Top was your home sweet home.  Your boys, including mini-me Herschel, are going down!

Ny nutty gator friend will be insufferable this morning.  It was as he predicted complete and utter domination by Florida. This against a talented Tennessee team (remember BJ stocked the shelves with top recruiting classes) at their home in front of 107k rabid teams. Florida’s defense and special teams are elite but the QB needs to go from what I saw.  Mini Herschel knocked off another long TD.  All in all a great performance by Florida, Neeland Stadium is indeed their home sweet home.

Unfortunately Bama is in their own league right now, everyone else looks quite beatable 

Watching Penn State - tOSU, it's a slober knocker, these teams do not like each other.  

A lot of good football out there yesterday capped by a really good game between OSU/PSU I hate them both but give credit where it’s due.Turning to the SEC, Kentucky might be the best team in the SEC east.  UGA struggled at times with Tennessee (a horrible team) at home.  They showed some exploitable flaws.  

UF showed out last night playing a ranked MSU team in a extremely hostile environment. They held MSU to 160 yards.  The game plann was outstanding and the players were simply better conditioned.  They are a different team than vs Kentucky and I believe UF beats LSU at home next week.  I think they are already the 2nd best team in the east. My nutty gator neighbor probably thinks they’re #1.  LOL

Earth to Gaston, you guys scored 13 points against Mississippi State.   Defense is ok, offense is putrid.  Expect gators to lose bigley to LSU

I don’t know why you keep calling me that.  As for LSU it appears Vegas doesn’t agree with you the line is LSU -1.5.

Been watching LSU-Florida, they are the next two games Georgia plays after Vandy tonight.  Gotta say not too scared of either team.  Good defense but offensive consistency is non-existent for both teams.  GEAUX TIGERS!!

Good FU win, how can Franks look so good and so bad back and forth for a whole game?

What an incredible day of college football! I’ve always been a casual fan of the Gators but after yesterday I’m converted.  The Gators are back!

I managed to score a couple of tickets to the game thanks to my Gator buddy.  This was my first trip to a Gator game in about five years and with UF postitioned to rejoin the college elite I wasn’t sure what to expect.  It was bedlam!  What impressed me was the progression of the OL the QB  and the elite defense.  In fact that defense is the best in the nation (11 TFL, 5 sacks,  3 turnovers) IMHO.  UGA has clearly taken a step back this season.  They will lose next week vs. LSU.  With Kentucky losing to TaM. and likely losing to UGA the gator have great chance to win the east and get spanked by BAMA.  Next year they win the whole damn thing.  

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

What an incredible day of college football! I’ve always been a casual fan of the Gators but after yesterday I’m converted.  The Gators are back!

I managed to score a couple of tickets to the game thanks to my Gator buddy.  This was my first trip to a Gator game in about five years and with UF postitioned to rejoin the college elite I wasn’t sure what to expect.  It was bedlam!  What impressed me was the progression of the OL the QB  and the elite defense.  In fact that defense is the best in the nation (11 TFL, 5 sacks,  3 turnovers) IMHO.  UGA has clearly taken a step back this season.  They will lose next week vs. LSU.  With Kentucky losing to TaM. and likely losing to UGA the gator have great chance to win the east and get spanked by BAMA.  Next year they win the whole damn thing.  

They played really well Bull.  We all know it's you, just give it up, it's beyond silly.  Hopefully you've grown up a bit since your last incarnation.  

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

They played really well Bull.  We all know it's you, just give it up, it's beyond silly.  Hopefully you've grown up a bit since your last incarnation.  

you sure it's not Guv yanking your chains?    anyway FN, it was a good game for the UF they've looked sharper than they have in a long time..   the miami game was good to..  and yes, there seemed to been a lot of good action on the fields yesterday..  OU acting like OU and chunking one game a season to screw things up for themselves,

1 minute ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

you sure it's not Guv yanking your chains?    anyway FN, it was a good game for the UF they've looked sharper than they have in a long time..   the miami game was good to..  and yes, there seemed to been a lot of good action on the fields yesterday..  OU acting like OU and chunking one game a season to screw things up for themselves,

Good point about Guv.  If he didn't occassionally provide top notch repair advice, I probably wouldn't cut him so much slack.  He is the sock master.  Alabama is awesome and I hate Saban with a passion.  

Guv keeps us honest..

and dang...    Clemson's win over them is looking better and better..

The dominating Texas A&M defense -- which came in as the SEC's best run defense -- didn't allow Kentucky to run a single play in Aggie territory in regulation.

8 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

This bull gator fellow seems to have really left a mark here.  Far as I can tell he left 5-6 yeats ago and deleted all his posts.  I only joined in May.  I have no socks.  Other than a healthy appreciation of the Florida Gators we seem dissimilar.

i am fakenews...

I saw a little stat on the screen the other day, it made my heart sink ... Wake Forest has lost 50 straight to top ten teams, did I misread that? Oy vey.

I tell you though, inthefuture, the Deacs are going to be great.

If any of you ever get the chance to go to a game in Blacksburg, Va, I reccomend it. 

Just saw the game Saturday night,  and it was a pretty amazing experience for sure. 

On 10/8/2018 at 3:50 AM, Fakenews said:

i am fakenews...

Gaytor, the only fake news here is that you are not gaytor.  

I watched the KY-TAMU game last night.  WTF was coach thinking when he changed the play in OT on 3 and 2 yds?  Put the fucking ball in your best player's hands and let him make a play.  Its basic fucking football!  Penn St did the same thing last week against OSU on their last series..... they got too cute, didn't give the ball to Trace McSorely and lost the game to the Suckeyes.  

Uggh!

58 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I watched the KY-TAMU game last night.  WTF was coach thinking when he changed the play in OT on 3 and 2 yds?  Put the fucking ball in your best player's hands and let him make a play.  Its basic fucking football!  Penn St did the same thing last week against OSU on their last series..... they got too cute, didn't give the ball to Trace McSorely and lost the game to the Suckeyes.  

Uggh!

Hey Dum Dum you wouldn’t know basic football even if someone stuck it up your ample ass.

The reason they didn’t feed the ball to Snell is that he had been shut down ny TaM’s game plan (he had only 50 or so yards rushing for the gam). Additionally they were stacking the box and he would have been stuffed.  In the PSU game McSorley was running wild (25 carries for 175 yards on top of 300 yards passing).  HE should have got the ball.

You are a clueless blithering idiot....

• Downvote 1

Given my newly found dislike of UGA I am  torn between actively rooting for LSU to beat the snot out of them and wanting them undefeated going into the WLOCP.

In the first case they are demoralized in the second they are over confident.

One thing I will do is take the 8 points and bet LSU.

Today we learned that  Florida is really, really good.

Interesting stat,  Florida has not been held scoreless for a NCAA leading 380 games.  That dates back to Auburn in 1988.

Florida finally played a team UGA played with the added disadvantage of it being an 11am game on the road. They gained nearly 600 yards compared to  UGA’s 557.  Overall a superior performance.

Georgia has yet to play a good team and they may just get smacked around today.