UtahLeigh

Probally a very unusual crew request, PNW

Soo I found someone who is giving away a roughed up 41 ft boat on the condition I'll be able to transport it to the water 

My best housing option seems to be a liveaboard, but my experience is pretty minimal outside of messing around on rivers and lakes in Wyoming on rafts and motorcraft 

Are there any willing hands on deck that wouldn't mind helping me out get a hang of things and acclimatized to it all? 

Or failing that, is anyone about that could help get this to the water? 

00000_2fjKlZUALxw_600x450.jpg

I’m sure there’ll be a few anarchists with ideas to offer, they’ll be along shortly. :)

Gladly. I have a new 3-axle sailboat trailer and a Peterbuilt to tow it with, I'll drop by this weekend to tow the boat. And fortunately my brother-in-law's cousin owns a boatyard nearby with a travellift, he'll gladly drop it in the water for us. Need a place to keep it and live aboard? No problem, my neighbor's dog walker owns a marina and we can set you up there for free. Then I'll happily spend as much time and money as we need on the boat to make it seaworthy, liveable and sailable (my butcher's manicurist's husband owns a chandlery with all the supplies we'll need).

Welcome to SA.

• Like 3

It ain't going to be free or cheap.  However, the cheapest way is to find a boat transporter who will be deadheading from or to another delivery.  They will want to pick up that extra money and therefore will charge less.  Also find a transporter with hydraulic pads.  You will not need to pay to have the boat lifted onto the truck or taken off.  I suggest that you have the boat ready to go in the water when you do this.  Otherwise be prepared to pay the yard to put the boat in the water when you have gotten it ready.  Good luck.