• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Black Jack

Anybody repower with a Torqueedo Pod here

Was hoping to hear from someone who has installed and uses a torqueedo pod...

39589289550_6e9933d95f_c.jpg

Product description

• High-efficiency pod motor (fixed position), 5-6 HP equivalent (2.0) or 8-9.9 HP equivalent (4.0)
  • Please note that the Cruise comes with the propeller (1954-00). A folding propeller (1932-00) is available as an accessory.

Ordering information

• Equipment included: Remote throttle, integrated on-board computer with GPS-based range calculation, 25 mm² cable set (3 m) including fuse and main switch, with weedless propeller 1916-00
  • Warranty: 2 years for non-commercial use

Was wondering if any has repowered with a torqueedo pod here or know some boat that has.

Ok, I recognized electric propulsion may not all there yet but this might be a great solution. For someone (like me) who has an older boat but does not want to put a inboard fuel motor in and has no big plans to cruise for weeks it might be the best alternative. At around 5k, it is 1/3 the cost of a new or repower or about 2.5 times a similar outboard of the same power. The pod can be installed in less than a day. The range at half power could be 30 miles or more depending on set up which would take a 7000 lbs boat to hull speed. Weighing in at 15kg plus 4 deep cycle marine batteries - maybe a good choice for folks like us.

FWIW, I'm deeply, profoundly,  greatly, extremely, more than a little skeptical of the "equivalent" hp rating.

I'm curious about anti-fouling paint, zincs, service intervals for the seals and bearings. If the boat lives in a marina, is stray current gonna eat the bugger up?

8 hours ago, Black Jack said:

39589289550_6e9933d95f_c.jpg

Product description

• High-efficiency pod motor (fixed position), 5-6 HP equivalent (2.0) or 8-9.9 HP equivalent (4.0)
  • Please note that the Cruise comes with the propeller (1954-00). A folding propeller (1932-00) is available as an accessory.

Ordering information

• Equipment included: Remote throttle, integrated on-board computer with GPS-based range calculation, 25 mm² cable set (3 m) including fuse and main switch, with weedless propeller 1916-00
  • Warranty: 2 years for non-commercial use

Was wondering if any has repowered with a torqueedo pod here or know some boat that has.

Ok, I recognized electric propulsion may not all there yet but this might be a great solution. For someone (like me) who has an older boat but does not want to put a inboard fuel motor in and has no big plans to cruise for weeks it might be the best alternative. At around 5k, it is 1/3 the cost of a new or repower or about 2.5 times a similar outboard of the same power. The pod can be installed in less than a day. The range at half power could be 30 miles or more depending on set up which would take a 7000 lbs boat to hull speed. Weighing in at 15kg plus 4 deep cycle marine batteries - maybe a good choice for folks like us.

The range at half power could be 30 miles

That should be enough to get you out of the marina a couple of times, as long as you don't go anywhere.

On 4/14/2018 at 1:50 AM, Port Phillip Sailor said:

The range at half power could be 30 miles

That should be enough to get you out of the marina a couple of times, as long as you don't go anywhere.

Or get into an emergency.

2 hours ago, Blitz said:

Or get into an emergency.

care to elaborate on this as I am trying to understand the comment.

I can't see this being an issue for most diligent and pragmatic sailors who keep a slip and thier typical use of a day sail.  Any prudent sailor would have a backup solution for power and/or propulsion to get out of an emergency. One would not leave the dock with 2 gallons of desiel if they knew they were going for more than 15 miles from the dock/fuel access and with that logic the same would be the same with a electro propulsion system.

Motor out of the marina. Sail maybe 30 miles away from home. Wind dies completely or sails/rig disabled, or blowing 50 knots on the nose to get home. Not enough power to get home. Have to put others at risk to come and save you.

Going green is great - until the batteries go flat.

1 minute ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

Motor out of the marina. Sail maybe 30 miles away from home. Wind dies completely or sails/rig disabled, or blowing 50 knots on the nose to get home. Not enough power to get home. Have to put others at risk to come and save you.

You will be fine mate. If you go 30 miles in your little Bay you will be right next to some land. 

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You will be fine mate. If you go 30 miles in your little Bay you will be right next to some land. 

The stalker is following me.

I have done a 350 mile race on Port Phillip, and didn't run aground on the mud once. Try that on Morton Bay mudflats.

11 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

Going green is great - until the batteries go flat.

When was the last time you motored on a sailboat into 50kts of wind.  I'll venture to say "never."  In that much wind, you are sailing under greatly reduced canvas, or not going anywhere are all...

How is running out of gas/diesel any different than running out of battery power???

I'm not a fan (yet) of electric power, but your arguments make no sense...

8 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

I have done a 350 mile race on Port Phillip, and didn't run aground on the mud once. Try that on Morton Bay mudflats.

You mightn't have run aground but your gybing angles need some work. Why would I want to run aground on 'Moreton Bay mudflats'?

I did a 310 miles race over Easter. But we leave the bay and go out into the big scary ocean.

Have you even ever been to Moreton Bay?

Image result for moreton bay

5 minutes ago, Crash said:

When was the last time you motored on a sailboat into 50kts of wind.  I'll venture to say "never."  In that much wind, you are sailing under greatly reduced canvas, or not going anywhere are all...

How is running out of gas/diesel any different than running out of battery power???

Sense isn't his strong point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crash said:

Quite a few times actually. More than I care to think about. Have you ever tried to sail to windward in 50 knots? I have.

One generally carries more fuel than that required for a 30 mile run (at half power)

So you have a battery that never goes flat? Or do you have a diesel engine that can charge the battery, or maybe a 30 mile power lead.?

Trouble with you greenies - you are so impractical. And someone else has to put their lives at risk to bail you out.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You mightn't have run aground but your gybing angles need some work. Why would I want to run aground on 'Moreton Bay mudflats'?

Have you even ever been here?

Image result for moreton bay

OH YEAH!

And to the  Tangalooma wrecks several times.

Have you ever even seen Port Phillip? Let alone sailed anything bigger than a Sabot there?

2 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

OH YEAH!

And to the  Tangalooma wrecks several times.

Have you ever even seen Port Phillip? Let alone sailed anything bigger than a Sabot there?

Many times. I did sail a Sabot there at the Nationals back in the late 60's but these days its mainly on yachts, but some power boats as well.  I like your little bay. Lots of nice Pubs. A few too many poofs in the city though.

I'm no greenie.  That said, if you want to argue that petrol or diesel has greater energy density than a battery, I'll agree with you.  But running out of battery power is like running out of petrol.  Means you didn't bring enough energy(batteries or petrol/diesel) with you.  If your going to tell me that batteries have lousy range at full power, I'll agree with that too. but that's not what you said...

Got plenty of miles in 50kts of breeze.  On an aircraft carrier, sure, I can go upwind against 50 kts with the engines.  On a sailboat? Not a bloody chance in hell.  You might be motor-sailing, but you sure as hell aren't motoring.  More realistically, a storm jib and a storm trysail...no motor, because you'll be all heeled over, and that's not good for oil distribution in most auxiliary sailboat engines... 

12 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

Trouble with you greenies - you are so impractical. 

You are the one who keeps getting caught out in 50 knots. Can't you read a weather map?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crash said:

I'm no greenie.  That said, if you want to argue that petrol or diesel has greater energy density than a battery, I'll agree with you.  But running out of battery power is like running out of petrol.  Means you didn't bring enough energy(batteries or petrol/diesel) with you.  If your going to tell me that batteries have lousy range at full power, I'll agree with that too. but that's not what you said...

Got plenty of miles in 50kts of breeze.  On an aircraft carrier, sure, I can go upwind against 50 kts with the engines.  On a sailboat? Not a bloody chance in hell.  You might be motor-sailing, but you sure as hell aren't motoring.  More realistically, a storm jib and a storm trysail...no motor, because you'll be all heeled over, and that's not good for oil distribution in most auxiliary sailboat engines... 

Ever heard of Bass Strait? You can be 100 miles from anywhere to shelter and it's nasty. I have HAD to motor (not motorsail) up to 50 miles upwind. Several times. And it wasn't an aircraft carrier but a Sydney 38.

I've never run out of fuel, but I would carry more than enough to motor 30 miles.

8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Many times. I did sail a Sabot there at the Nationals back in the late 60's but these days its mainly on yachts, but some power boats as well.  I like your little bay. Lots of nice Pubs. A few too many poofs in the city though.

That tells me a lot. There are VERY FEW places where you can get to a pub from the boat on Port Phillip., so that suggest you are full of bullshit.

11 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You are the one who keeps getting caught out in 50 knots. Can't you read a weather map?

You've obviously never been in Bass Strait.

I have had to wait in Eden for as long as 10 days for a chance to get across the paddock. (that's from Gabo to the Prom) And still not been able to beat the next front.

You probably wouldn't understand that with your paddling around in your little mud puddle.

• Downvote 1

Ever heard of Bass Strait? You can be 100 miles from anywhere to shelter and it's nasty. I have HAD to motor (not motorsail) up to 50 miles upwind. Several times. And it wasn't an aircraft carrier but a Sydney 38.

I've never run out of fuel, but I would carry more than enough to motor 30 miles.

You motored a Sydney 38 for 50 miles. Several times. Wow, that must have been tough. You can get lessons on how to use the sails you know. It isn't that hard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You motored a Sydney 38 for 50 miles. Several times. Wow, that must have been tough. You can get lessons on how to use the sails you know. It isn't that hard.

Again you have demonstrated you have NEVER been in Bass Strait.

I know you run a sailing school. I have had to deal with some of your "graduates". I advised them to ask for their money back, because I would never EVER have them on a boat until they had learnt something about boats.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

That tells me a lot. There are VERY FEW places where you can get to a pub from the boat on Port Phillip., so that suggest you are full of bullshit.

Seriously? Ever heard of Portarlington? Mornington? Queenscliff? Or any off the numerous Pubs one can catch a cab or walk to from in Brighton, Sandringham , Blairgowrie, Royals or any other of the many harbors. I can show you around next time I am down your way if you like. How mobile are you?

5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Seriously? Ever heard of Portarlington? Mornington? Queenscliff? Or any off the numerous Pubs one can catch a cab or walk to from in Brighton, Sandringham , Blairgowrie, Royals or any other of the many harbors. I can show you around next time I am down your way if you like. How mobile are you?

Portsea, Portarlington, Queenscliff.

Mornington too far to walk. Same with the rest of your choices. Of course you can catch a cab to any pub if you have enough money to waste.

9 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

Again you have demonstrated you have NEVER been in Bass Strait.

And how have I demonstrated that? Pity you haven't actually met any of my students. They could show you a few things. Like how to read a weather map to avoid gales and how to sail upwind. And BTW dickhead you really should quit whilst you are behind. Do you really think anyone reading this is stupid enough to believe you could motor an S38 upwind in a mean wind strength of 50 knots in Bass Strait? 

Arseclown. 

• Like 1

Just now, Port Phillip Sailor said:

Portsea, Portarlington, Queenscliff.

Mornington too far to walk. Same with the rest of your choices. Of course you can catch a cab to any pub if you have enough money to waste.

But you just said there weren't any pubs in Port Phillip?  Now you are starting to tell the truth, want to knock about 25 knots of your moterboating delivery wind speed?

Just now, LB 15 said:

But you just said there weren't any pubs in Port Phillip?  Now you are starting to tell the truth, want to knock about 25 knots of your moterboating delivery wind speed?

God you are a fucking LIAR. I NEVER said any such thing.

I did write "There are VERY FEW places where you can get to a pub from the boat on Port Phillip., so that suggest you are full of bullshit."

In fact there are NO pubs IN Port Phillip. Blew it again didn't you - ignorant cunt.

• Downvote 1

God you are a fucking LIAR. I NEVER said any such thing.

I did write "There are VERY FEW places where you can get to a pub from the boat on Port Phillip., so that suggest you are full of bullshit."

In fact there are NO pubs IN Port Phillip. Blew it again didn't you - ignorant cunt.

Image result for Head exploding gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fleetwood said:

Now about that electric motor thingy........

Yeah. Sorry about that LB15 moron. He's stalking me and there isn't much I can do about it.

Electric power is a thing of the future but it MUST be able to drive a boat a lot more than 30 miles to be of any use.

1 hour ago, Crash said:

It's much more likely to run out of battery and also typically you have less power to start with. A typical electric installation has 50% of the power of a typical diesel. And a typical battery bank allows only 1-2 hours at full power while a typical diesel allows 10-20 hours at full power.

So it's still a long way until an electric motor can provide the same safety for getting back home as diesel does. Unfortunately almost all electric system providers market with false claims of equivalent power. Also the range is given at quite low speed with no headwind or waves. Most installation fail even the quite low requirement of OSR without using a portable generator, which isn't really suited for the task in real conditions.

18 minutes ago, Joakim said:

It's much more likely to run out of battery and also typically you have less power to start with. A typical electric installation has 50% of the power of a typical diesel. And a typical battery bank allows only 1-2 hours at full power while a typical diesel allows 10-20 hours at full power.

So it's still a long way until an electric motor can provide the same safety for getting back home as diesel does. Unfortunately almost all electric system providers market with false claims of equivalent power. Also the range is given at quite low speed with no headwind or waves. Most installation fail even the quite low requirement of OSR without using a portable generator, which isn't really suited for the task in real conditions.

which defeats the purpose of going electric.

PPS - if you are really trying to convince anyone you've motored a S38 upwind in 50knots, you are a fuckwit

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

PPS - if you are really trying to convince anyone you've motored a S38 upwind in 50knots, you are a fuckwit

OK FUCKWIT! I don't give a fuck what you think. I was THERE! You weren't 

You will know the boat. And probably the guy who owned it at the time. You at least knew who he was, though he probably didn't associate with arseholes like you.... but was too polite to say so to your face. 

It was a very long slow 1-2 knots punch into the Prom. Got easier as we got closer.

As to what you think - I couldn't give a fuck.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

OK FUCKWIT! I don't give a fuck what you think. I was THERE! You weren't 

You will know the boat. And probably the guy who owned it at the time. You at least knew who he was, though he probably didn't associate with arseholes like you.... but was too polite to say so to your face. 

It was a very long slow 1-2 knots punch into the Prom. Got easier as we got closer.

As to what you think - I couldn't give a fuck.

WhO kNowS, I mIGht eVen know you angry man

5 minutes ago, charisma94 said:

A Sydney 38. Punching to a true 50. In Bass Straight. At 1-2 knots "punching".

YCNMTSU.

A long slow punch into it. Painfully slow, at 1 to 2 knots for about 12 hours.

WTF does YCNMTSU mean?

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, charisma94 said:

I wasn't there. 

But bollocks.

Begs the question. Why were you there rock star?

I couldn't give a fuck what you think. I was there - you weren't.

Who said I was a rockstar? I was onboard (with the owner) because I guess he had faith in me - enough to get me to deliver several of his boats between Hammo & Melbourne, without him always being on board..

10 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

WTF does YCNMTSU mean?

You Can Not Make This Stuff Up .

Miss Manners would not be happy .....................

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

???

There's at least one pub within 200mtrs of every mooring round the bay...I knew you were a fake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

???

There's at least one pub within 200mtrs of every mooring round the bay...I knew you were a fake.

How the fuck would you know Meli? You never got off Albert Park Lake.

And you are wrong anyway.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, charisma94 said:

Son, as far as Meli goes, she knows her shit.

Don't bullshit a bullshitter(s).

You're joking. She got hold of a Mirror dinghy and got a scare on the first sail on Albert Park Lake. Even a shortarse like her could walk home in that lake if she capsized. She is/was selling it after 1 attempted sail.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, charisma94 said:

True.

But we're talking about pubs.

:D 

But it's not true about me getting a fright on APL, It was after I nearly capsized a 34' lake cruiser in a heavy swell and pouring rain and wind on the sandbanks on the Gippsland lake at the Tambo entrance. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

:D 

OK Meli. What is the name of the pub within 200 metres of the moorings at Beaumaris Motor YC?

What is the name of the pub within 200metres of the moorings at Quiet Corner?

What is the name of the pub within 200 metres of the RBYC moorings?

There certainly is NO pub within 200 metres of the moorings at SYC.

She's way wrong there. So far wrong it's a joke.  

fuckwit..would you like me to name the pubs from South Melb to Sorrento?

7 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

fuckwit..would you like me to name the pubs from South Melb to Sorrento?

I suppose you could using Google, but you haven't answered my questions yet. And I don't expect you will because you will find you were wrong - AGAIN.

Just you shooting your mouth off as usual.

OK Meli. What is the name of the pub within 200 metres of the moorings at Beaumaris Motor YC?

What is the name of the pub within 200metres of the moorings at Quiet Corner?

What is the name of the pub within 200 metres of the RBYC moorings?

There certainly is NO pub within 200 metres of the moorings at SYC.

The bowie hotel

The black rock pub?

Milano's Brighton

Sandringham hotel..true, the foreshore is a bit far off Beach road.

Maybe what you mean it that theres not many places within your staggering distance.

Meh. She's good. A harmless chatterbox.

But in her Bohemian days I reckon the old Meli has done a pub crawl or two.

12 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

The bowie hotel

The black rock pub?

Milano's Brighton

Sandringham hotel..true, the foreshore is a bit far off Beach road.

Maybe what you mean it that theres not many places within your staggering distance.

All wrong.

the "bowie" you mean Beauy (Beaumaris) has been closed for years.

There is no pub at Black Rock and never has been. EVER!

The Red Bluff closed many years ago and that was  in Sandringham

Milano's is still there but it's about 2 km to any mooorings at SYC.

Sandringham Hotel. - fucking long walk to the moorings at SYC.

Mentone Pub, Not sure but I think that's gone as well and no moorings within 2 km. at least.

So that proves you are a fake.

2016-08-26_former_beaumaris_hotel_site.j

And what a grand old lady she was..yep..turned into frigging apartments a few years ago.

Carry on.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

All wrong.

Sandy hotel is 1km from the club - about 10mins walk for most people

19 minutes ago, charisma94 said:

That link is just amazing. 'never knew really.  I must go to Melbourne one day.

One day... :P

Yeah, Sydney, brash old tart that she, is upstages us with a coathanger and a bunch of budgie beaks, but our buildings are beautiful...and the Bay's not too dusty

Most of our inner city townhalls are much like this one and a lot of our old pubs smaller but similar style

Image result for south melb town hall

That's now our Emerald hill office and the music academy, Branch library's opposite

Oooops thread drift, I better get back downstairs.

7 hours ago, Joakim said:

Joakim,

I agree completely, hence my comment about energy density, though maybe I should have been more clear.  All I was trying to say was that a skipper should know the limitations of his aux power source.  If you need to go any distance at power on batteries, then either need extra batteries (capacity) or a generator to be able to keep the batteries charged (which somewhat defeats the appeal of electric power)

I'm in no way an advocate of electric power in its current state...I raced on a FT 7.5 with a Torq outboard in San Diego, and the owner used to arrange for his brother to tow him out to the races outside the bay to ensure we had enough juice to get home with...

I also agree with those that say electric propulsion producers overstate, or maybe, state range only under ideal conditions, and not those you might reasonable expect to encounter in the real world.  But again, I say ultimately, it's the skippers job to know the limitations of his aux power system, and to run out of aux power energy (battery or fuel) when you still need it is a "below in headwork!"

Crash

• Like 1

If the boat was only used for in and out of the marina, it might work fine. Gets charged when back at the dock. Down the road the sale of the boat might be limited to the same use. My boat does in and out of the marina work, but is often motored 40 miles per day, usually into head winds. And there is no place to plug in. A Yanmar claim to fame is they will run at 45 degrees of tippy. We sometimes motor with 2 reefs and the storm jib. That is because we want to make 40 plus miles to windward in daylight. We are cruising now racing, with two on board, and often with 3 extra jugs of fuel. Main tank is only 48 liters.

There were questions above about stray electricity currents. I would also want to know how efficient the folding prop is. The mounting base does not look very large, so I would wander if the hull needed strengthening. The easiest and most cost effective power option is often a decent outboard on the transom. The can have their limitations when the prop comes out of the water. Bigger engines need a sturdy mount. Some fish boats have them slide up and down on aluminium tubes. The new four stroke motors weigh a lot more than the old 2 stroke OBMs.

On 4/14/2018 at 3:14 AM, Black Jack said:

I have used it 2 seasons. My first emotions are here:

Despite it has it's own downsides I am still extremely satisfied. I was surprised how well it pushed the boat against 23 knots of wind while arriving to the harbor. One of the downsides is that it tends to open the folding propeller in higher speeds than 5.2 knots or so. It is otherwise a bit more draggy than smaller sail-drive systems. But it serves the purpose well.

I don't think the small mounting base is a problem. The thrust isn't that much and the weight of the drive is even less. Thus there aren't big forces on the mounting base. Typically that part of the boat hull is quite thick. E.g. in my boat the same ~20 mm as at the keel.

Why would stray currents be more of a problem than in a diesel with a SD? Certainly there is no electrical connection between the the drive case and power lines.

Propeller starting to open and rotate by itself sounds bad. There is no brake? Not much use of having a folding propeller, if you can't lock the shaft.

Folding propellers are just as efficient as fixed ones. Feathering propellers have poor efficiency due to constant blade angle instead of constant pitch with changing radius.

This unfolding issue can be my boat specific. I haven't let them to update the software yet to gain the power regeneration support but I have begun to doubt that this might be there already right from the beginning because always when I arrive to harbor I connect the charger and it finishes too early like there were nothing to charge. 

The drive case is isolated from the electrical system for sure. In fact it looks to be is isolated too well from the water as well because the zinc anode below the engine looks like new. Anodes on the propeller work somewhat but they clog up with lime at some point and then the copper will start to oxidize. We ordered aluminium anodes for this season as our harbor is located at the mouth of the river. Will see how these will work but I read that zinc anodes require to stay in the salt water permanently. But anyway, the fact that these anodes corrode completely differently shows that even the shaft is isolated from the drive case.

9 hours ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

All wrong.

Mentone Pub, Not sure but I think that's gone as well and no moorings within 2 km. at least.

I think we have worked out who the fake is cupcake. I only spend a few days each year sailing on your little bay and I know where many of the pubs are, the one you claim don't exist. Then you infer that you sailed with Lou and he trusted you alone to deliver his boat. Which seems odd given that you motor everywhere and can't read a weather map. Come on princess time to fess up. You have sailed a few times on Wednesdays at Sandy and saw Lou's portrait in the foyer. You are a sad little wannabe who has never left the bay on anything smaller than the spirit of Tasmania. Do you like to go the Hobart for the end of the race and walk around pretending to the tourists that you sailed down? Wear the Challenge shirt you stole from the change rooms? Hit on a few starry eyed pensioners? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pilot said:

I connect the charger and it finishes too early like there were nothing to charge.

Do you have cell level monitoring on your battery?

In breaking news the City of Birmingham have just announced that they are adding a new sport at the next Commonwealth  games. The 50 mile upwind motoring race. To be held in one design Sydney 38's, there will be a waiting period until conditions have the required 50knots of wind. Australia will go into this event as a serious gold medal chance and if they do the winners medal will do a tour around the many pubs that front Port Philip bay. Oi Oi Oi!

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I think we have worked out who the fake is cupcake. I only spend a few days each year sailing on your little bay and I know where many of the pubs are, the one you claim don't exist. Then you infer that you sailed with Lou and he trusted you alone to deliver his boat. Which seems odd given that you motor everywhere and can't read a weather map. Come on princess time to fess up. You have sailed a few times on Wednesdays at Sandy and saw Lou's portrait in the foyer. You are a sad little wannabe who has never left the bay on anything smaller than the spirit of Tasmania. Do you like to go the Hobart for the end of the race and walk around pretending to the tourists that you sailed down? Wear the Challenge shirt you stole from the change rooms? Hit on a few starry eyed pensioners? 

Fuck off LB. You know fuck all.

I'm surprised any boat hire business would let you take out any of their boats - they must have been after a insurance payout.

By the way wanker. I didn't infer who I sailed with, anytime, anywhere. YOU jumped to your conclusions. I don't have a Challenge shirt, but you seem to know how to collect boat shirts - leftovers in the change rooms, you do seem to spend an extraordinary amount of time hanging around them - like looking at the blokes getting changed do you?

Got over your failure in the Commonwealth Games yet? Give it a couple of weeks , you'll be able to take it up the arse comfortably. Here is your pic again.....

LB15.jpg

• Downvote 1

Fuck off LB. You know fuck all.

I'm surprised any boat hire business would let you take out any of their boats - they must have been after a insurance payout.

By the way wanker. I didn't infer who I sailed with, anytime, anywhere. YOU jumped to your conclusions. I don't have a Challenge shirt, but you seem to know how to collect boat shirts - leftovers in the change rooms, you do seem to spend an extraordinary amount of time hanging around them - like looking at the blokes getting changed do you?

Got over your failure in the Commonwealth Games yet? Give it a couple of weeks , you'll be able to take it up the arse comfortably. Here is you pic again.....

LB15.jpg

IMG_6720.JPG

Apologies for the thread drift guys. A couple of stalkers that follow me around.

LB15 - must have seen me in the showers at the club and has been stalking me ever since.

"ShortforBob" alias Meli - well, she's just a plain crazy woman. Thinks she knows it all. You know the type. Can't handle losing. Might be menopause.

Anyway - back to normal viewing (I hope)

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Port Phillip Sailor said:

LB15 - must have seen me in the showers at the club 

Why would I be in the showers at the Sandringham lawn bowls club?

8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Why would I be in the showers at the Sandringham lawn bowls club?

I have no idea. I thought it burnt down in the foreshore fire about 35 years ago. But you being an self appointed expert on all things Melbourne would know why you hang out where you think there's a chance.

I presume you saw me in the showers at RQ. I'm told you like to hang out there.