Aqua Logic

SBS - Sailing Booster System - Fast Sailing Performance

Strange... YouTube just started pushing this video on me today.  WTF. 

fantastic stuff

i wonder if the guys over at beneteau & dss are watching....

I thought April first was a little while back...

Isn't the ballast on monohulls supposed to make them self righting? I doubt it would work as well if you removed 70% of it and put it a foot bellow the bottom!

The question was asked, but I think not answered, in another thread about foils along these lines : what is the exact difference in speed with the foils deployed and retracted?

That's the one thing that is never mentioned in any of these videos. Faster, more stable, more this, less that....yeah. yeah. yeah.

But how much? (exactly)

The new America's Cup boats are doing something similar. Looks bizarre. Maybe this will be the new fad, like winged keels.

31 minutes ago, jarcher said:

The new America's Cup boats are doing something similar. Looks bizarre. Maybe this will be the new fad, like winged keels.

Thanks, that was the whole basis for this discussion. I thought it was obvious. 

10 hours ago, Parma said:

The question was asked, but I think not answered, in another thread about foils along these lines : what is the exact difference in speed with the foils deployed and retracted?

That's the one thing that is never mentioned in any of these videos. Faster, more stable, more this, less that....yeah. yeah. yeah.

But how much? (exactly)

Who cares.

I want to see it come alongside a jetty or get into it's marina pen.

That would be true entertainment.

1 hour ago, dorydude said:

Who cares.

I want to see it come alongside a jetty or get into it's marina pen.

That would be true entertainment.

No it wouldn't. Did you watch any of the videos above which show that the foils retract fully?

On the other hand the new Bene Figaros foils don't retract fully to get out of harms way and are super expensive to boot

Airwick's comment regarding ultimate stability was more observant, but I suppose "can" does not mean "should".