Aqua Logic

SBS - Sailing Booster System - Fast Sailing Performance

Recommended Posts

Strange... YouTube just started pushing this video on me today.  WTF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fantastic stuff

i wonder if the guys over at beneteau & dss are watching....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought April first was a little while back...

Isn't the ballast on monohulls supposed to make them self righting? I doubt it would work as well if you removed 70% of it and put it a foot bellow the bottom!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question was asked, but I think not answered, in another thread about foils along these lines : what is the exact difference in speed with the foils deployed and retracted?

That's the one thing that is never mentioned in any of these videos. Faster, more stable, more this, less that....yeah. yeah. yeah.

But how much? (exactly)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new America's Cup boats are doing something similar. Looks bizarre. Maybe this will be the new fad, like winged keels.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jarcher said:

The new America's Cup boats are doing something similar. Looks bizarre. Maybe this will be the new fad, like winged keels.

Thanks, that was the whole basis for this discussion. I thought it was obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Parma said:

The question was asked, but I think not answered, in another thread about foils along these lines : what is the exact difference in speed with the foils deployed and retracted?

That's the one thing that is never mentioned in any of these videos. Faster, more stable, more this, less that....yeah. yeah. yeah.

But how much? (exactly)

 

Who cares.

 

I want to see it come alongside a jetty or get into it's marina pen.

 

That would be true entertainment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dorydude said:

Who cares.

 

I want to see it come alongside a jetty or get into it's marina pen.

 

That would be true entertainment.

No it wouldn't. Did you watch any of the videos above which show that the foils retract fully?

On the other hand the new Bene Figaros foils don't retract fully to get out of harms way and are super expensive to boot

Airwick's comment regarding ultimate stability was more observant, but I suppose "can" does not mean "should".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now