Sign in to follow this  
2slow

NBA Playoffs

Rockets.  The championship should be them vs Warriors. The remaining games be mop up.  That said, weirder things have happened, guys get injured but baring that, take it to the bank.

Pelicans?  When they click, they're better than people realize..

Plus, we've never had much NBA success in this town, would be nice to be the surprise team...

d'ranger, totally agree.  The East sucks, Sixers are 1 or 2 years away, Celtics are a shell of themselves without Kyrie, Greek freak has not figured it out yet so Buck's are a couple years out as well, Cleveland is a mess, who really believes in Raptors?  Nolatom, I would love to see Pelicans do something before brow leaves.  

Raptors!!!!

The Celtics are fascinating.  They can play tremendously well as a team, even with their two superstars out for the season and playoffs.  Ainge has done a good job of assembling players who came out of team-oriented programs (Butler, Duke, European leagues, etc), which plays to Stevens' strengths.  And they all seem to like each other.  

That said, it seems the attitude in Boston is every playoff win is icing on the cake this year, and no one has any real expectations without either Kyrie or Hayward.  Plus, the old saw "wait 'til next year" actually carries some heft in this context.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:09 PM, d'ranger said:

Rockets.  The championship should be them vs Warriors. The remaining games be mop up.  That said, weirder things have happened, guys get injured but baring that, take it to the bank.

Houston v GS will be the shizzle, awesome match-up. For some reason I just can't seem to catch a Raptor's game so I don't know much about them. I really don't think Cleveland is going to be able to get it together this year. Saw the one last night and their D is better than it was, went from an F+ to maybe a B- at times but their offense is a mess. Had to change too many parts during the year, I guess. The Pacers have a bunch of gritty guys, as can be expected from a Bird-built team and they seemed to me to be feeling their oats. Dion't be shocked if  it's them and Toronto. 

For the meantime I suggest the Heat/6er's match up.  Been fun to watch. Celtics/Bucks looked about as intriguing. Anything could happen. 

Well. I was wrong about Cleveland. They got it together bigly. The same team that looked like runny dog-shit in the first games with Indy transformed itself almost overnight. They looked like the old Cleveland against Toronto. Have to say they are officially legit. I believe Boston has less match-up issues against them than Toronto did. so that series should be closer. 

GS is playing more consistent D than Houston has been. Have to say advantage GS. 

The finals are so over a kid in Puerto Rico was spotted wearing a Cleveland Cavaliers 2018 Champions t-shirt.

Looks like GS is outspending CLE by about 30%.....   $$$ buys championships !     (sometimes....)

On 6/7/2018 at 12:49 PM, d'ranger said:

The finals are so over a kid in Puerto Rico was spotted wearing a Cleveland Cavaliers 2018 Champions t-shirt.

The tragedy for the Houstonians is they were that close to getting their shot at the Cadavaliers. I was almost sorta pulling for them for a bit there. Heck of a team, just ran into a buzz saw of HOFers.   

1 hour ago, Mark K said:

The tragedy for the Houstonians is they were that close to getting their shot at the Cadavaliers. I was almost sorta pulling for them for a bit there. Heck of a team, just ran into a buzz saw of HOFers.   

Still might have pulled it out if Chris Paul hadn't gotten hurt.  So close, no cigar.  Warriors just have very few weaknesses. 

If the awards ceremony goes on much longer I'm going to barf.

Not very exciting, hopefully next year will be more fun with experienced Sixers and healthy Celtics.

Pretty boring....sweeps usually are.....unless you are a fan of the team doing the sweeping.......

14 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Still might have pulled it out if Chris Paul hadn't gotten hurt.  So close, no cigar.  Warriors just have very few weaknesses. 

I think they would have won with him. Properly rested, as he was with that team, sharing the load with Harden, his uncommon strength was fully on display. He was a freakin' wrecking ball out there. Too strong for Curry and too quick for Thompson. Couldn't keep him from getting wherever he wanted to go and it was the dead opposite for whoever he was checking.

Yuuuuuge loss.