Sign in to follow this  
Passport111

Plotter pedestal guard mount

I feel like I've seen pedestal guard mounts similar to the picture (grip the guard tube) but that articulate to the sides of a chart plotter (Vulcan 7) where it screws in.  I think I'd prefer that instead as it seem the least obtrusive.  My guard is strait with the main sheet right in front and of course the binnacle right behind so it need to be within the guard but just slightly aft so as not covering the binnacle.

ZZ2960.gif

If I understand correctly you want to use the mount that comes with the plotter, but mount it to your pedestal guard centered and just behind.

You can use something like this, and screw the plotter bracket into it:

http://snapitproducts.com/snapit-marine/products/v006l/v006l-rectangular-mounting-pad

Thanks, that may be a good option.  However, what I was thinking was that the pedestal mount bracket would have a screw at the other end to screw right into where the mount that comes with the plotter screws into.

I think you'd have to fabricate something.  Plotters come in a million shapes and sizes and with different fastening hardware.

I use a ram mount to connect my Vulcan 7 to the pedestal rail. Something similar to this, except it has a rail mount. The thing articulates in all directions so i can move the plotter depending on where i am seated. It's cheap and works fine, the new ones look like slightly better quality than the one i have.

Ram has railmounts such as this or this. There is another manufacturer with a similar product called Rokk. Took me a while to find the reference but the hands down prettiest of the peg solution for this is the Navslide. I don't know anything about availability or price but i know who to call when it's time for an upgrade!

• Like 1

^^^^Trouble with all those is they seem to forget that MFD's have cables which is not a great look and the weak link in waterproof protection is cable connections. A housing is a must have.

Valid points but do you know of an off the shelf housing with a tube mount arm that articulates?