Illegal Smile

Help me cure my polynavicular morbus

Well I couldn't help myself and bought the new boat before I sold the old one. If anyone is looking for a good Ericson 35-2 on the Chesapeake give me a holler. I'm a "motivated seller," as they say. 

And yes, I even bought an ad.

IMG_1083.jpg

Can you ship it to north Texas? Sorry for the snark. Beautiful boat.

• Like 1

Is your condition related to polyestermites?

47 minutes ago, woahboy said:

Is your condition related to polyestermites?

No, they reduce the overall length but not in a positive cash-flow way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ishmael said:

No, they reduce the overall length but not in a positive cash-flow way.

well written

as for the OP - this is bad.... very bad indeed.

to buy one big boat before selling the other one is terrible  - on the up side you do recognise the problem so that is the first step towards a cure.

If you would like to enrol on our seven step programme for a cure please sign up as soon as possible

Might I suggest selling one of your smaller boats.... every journey starts with a single step

Dylan

I thought everyone bought their next boat before selling the previous one...

2 hours ago, olaf hart said:

I thought everyone bought their next boat before selling the previous one...

only the seriously afflicted do this.....

why not buy the boat after that as well before selling the first one?

why ever sell a boat?

best to let your children deal with the suprlus once you have gone?

D

Well, if I am that far gone there is no hope of a cure..

6 hours ago, dylan winter said:

well written

as for the OP - this is bad.... very bad indeed.

to buy one big boat before selling the other one is terrible  - on the up side you do recognise the problem so that is the first step towards a cure.

If you would like to enrol on our seven step programme for a cure please sign up as soon as possible

Might I suggest selling one of your smaller boats.... every journey starts with a single step

Dylan

Actually, Illegal Smile is downsizing to a Welsford Pathfinder. Should be right up your alley, Dylan!  (Photo is of a sistership, not actual vessel.)

Pathfinder.thumb.jpg.0d427dbc2f31f0ffb0d0b03b55e410db.jpg

• Like 1

You don't have Polynavicular Morbis. You need at least 6 boats for that. For my friend, from whom I got Restive, the current number is 11 or so, including the 68' Lyman-Morse custom he bought when he realized "my god, I'm down to 10".

• Like 1

If you're going to go, go big.

For my friend, from whom I got Restive, the current number is 11 or so, including the 68' Lyman-Morse custom he bought when he realized "my god, I'm down to 10"."

20 hours ago, woahboy said:

Can you ship it to north Texas? Sorry for the snark. Beautiful boat.

Where in North Texas?

5 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

You don't have Polynavicular Morbis. You need at least 6 boats for that. For my friend, from whom I got Restive, the current number is 11 or so, including the 68' Lyman-Morse custom he bought when he realized "my god, I'm down to 10".

When the number goes to 11 pretty sure it is fleeting.  Or Armadadeusness.  Note: I was never clear on the difference between a fleet and armada.  I think one has arms, not sure about legs. 

I figured out the other day that since 1982, I've had at 27 different boats, most purchased, but I built 3 of them. Right now we've still got 8, but most of them are kayaks of one sort or another. I don't have a problem, I can quit any time. Sorry I don't need an Ericson 35-2......yet.

11 hours ago, dylan winter said:

best to let your children deal with the suprlus once you have gone?

D

Works for me WRT machine tools - I think I'm up over the 30 tonnes point now. Heaviest one at 8.5 tonnes outmasses my boat.

And I just agreed to buy another milling machine I don't actually need.

FKT

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

When the number goes to 11 pretty sure it is fleeting.  Or Armadadeusness.  Note: I was never clear on the difference between a fleet and armada.  I think one has arms, not sure about legs. 

I limit myself to a cruising boat and a sailing dinghy to tow.  I gave away the last boat I had here inTexas, a 16' Boston Whaler Harpoon, got a donation to our High School robotics team. It was actually a pretty good boat.

Nice boat. Should sell okay. I bought my Viking 33 in 009, while I still had my 28 foot boat, which I sold in 017. It sat in my drive all those years. Folks were using it as a navigation mark. I have promised to put my Tanzer 22 in its place.

2 hours ago, Unkle Crusty said:

Nice boat. Should sell okay. I bought my Viking 33 in 009, while I still had my 28 foot boat, which I sold in 017. It sat in my drive all those years. Folks were using it as a navigation mark. I have promised to put my Tanzer 22 in its place.

ah... now I love having a boat on the drive - it reminds me every time I leave the house that I am a sailor.

Only three dinghies there at the moment

D

14 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Works for me WRT machine tools - I think I'm up over the 30 tonnes point now. Heaviest one at 8.5 tonnes outmasses my boat.

And I just agreed to buy another milling machine I don't actually need.

FKT

Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll realise when you get it up and running that you find a use for it and therefore did need it after all.

I was lucky enough to have a friend that collects and restores milling machines here in NJ when it was time for a new rudder shaft and the propellor shaft needed straightening!

I’m trying to get down to an acceptable level of boating now from my baker’s dozen. Most are for sale as we speak. I realized I have a problem that I can’t solve alone. 

I’m hoping to have these as my one cruiser and sailing tender-maybe I’ll keep the Ensign for Beer canning...

41903189-7D6A-46D5-8E29-8B487F90E873.jpeg

678F6300-60D1-4520-9B69-9CF6BABFC730.jpeg

13 hours ago, dylan winter said:

ah... now I love having a boat on the drive - it reminds me every time I leave the house that I am a sailor.

Only three dinghies there at the moment

D

I also have a red rock, and a green rock at each side. The pole is up behind the red rock, with a WW2 spot light mounted. I have not installed a red LED bulb and timer yet. In fact I do not know how to hook up a 12 volt timer. It is on my chore list. Also on the list, is to cut my dinky in half, so I can carry it in front of the mast.

5 minutes ago, Unkle Crusty said:

I also have a red rock, and a green rock at each side. The pole is up behind the red rock, with a WW2 spot light mounted. I have not installed a red LED bulb and timer yet. In fact I do not know how to hook up a 12 volt timer. It is on my chore list. Also on the list, is to cut my dinky in half, so I can carry it in front of the mast.

12V timers are pretty easy, all you have to do is control a 12V power supply with a 110V timer.

13 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

12V timers are pretty easy, all you have to do is control a 12V power supply with a 110V timer.

Sweet. Thank you.

13 hours ago, Black Sox said:

Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll realise when you get it up and running that you find a use for it and therefore did need it after all.

That's how I ended up with 5 metal lathes. Then I ran out of space so am back to 3, proving to my nearest & dearest that yes, it actually *is* possible for me to sell a machine tool.....

Just got offered a cheap 3.6m aluminium dinghy that I don't actually need. What to do, oh what to do.....

FKT

54 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

That's how I ended up with 5 metal lathes. Then I ran out of space so am back to 3, proving to my nearest & dearest that yes, it actually *is* possible for me to sell a machine tool.....

Just got offered a cheap 3.6m aluminium dinghy that I don't actually need. What to do, oh what to do.....

FKT

I hear Rodney is having a clearing sale ....

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

I could use it. Can you stick a couple stamps on it and send it on?

5 hours ago, olaf hart said:

I hear Rodney is having a clearing sale ....

I don't know any Rodneys and I'd prefer to keep it that way...... (*)

FKT

(*) unless he has some really cool stuff I didn't know that I needed.....

4 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I could use it. Can you stick a couple stamps on it and send it on?

How about I wait until Rimas arrives here and get him to tow it home for you.... or BJ might be here in the spring, maybe you could ask him.

FKT

Uncle Crusty,

Cutting your dinky in half sounds painful!

I just found myself speaking out loud to one of my regular week-night racing crew about perhaps getting a 'better' more suitable buoy racer.... you know, like, in addition to my current ride.  Plus, I'm thinking about one for that European cruise.  There's something a bit concerning about not even trying to talk about selling one first......

1 hour ago, Veeger said:

I just found myself speaking out loud to one of my regular week-night racing crew about perhaps getting a 'better' more suitable buoy racer.... you know, like, in addition to my current ride.  Plus, I'm thinking about one for that European cruise.  There's something a bit concerning about not even trying to talk about selling one first......

self awareness of the affliction  is the first step

try selling your smallest boat - see how it feels?

a rational mind is but five steps away

Dylan

Dunno... I tried to sell the Walker Bay 8 last week.  But by the time I finished taking pictures for Craigslist, I was thinking, "I should build a sailing rig for this. It'll be fun..."

9 hours ago, toddster said:

Dunno... I tried to sell the Walker Bay 8 last week.  But by the time I finished taking pictures for Craigslist, I was thinking, "I should build a sailing rig for this. It'll be fun..."

well, looking on the bright side you walked up to the barrier - and then away again.

I do not want to come over as too positive but this is sort of progress

- but not as we know it jim

perhaps you shoould buy an even smaller boat and then sell that one.

Dylan

By the way slapping an opti rig on one would be fun

bit like this - no need for a rudder or centre plate of course

what would the opposite condition (i.e., boatless) to polynavicular morbus be called? anavicular? nonavicular? nihilnavicular?

28 minutes ago, Trovão said:

what would the opposite condition (i.e., boatless) to polynavicular morbus be called? anavicular? nonavicular? nihilnavicular?

Whatever it's called, I have the cure! Check the ad and make an offer...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trovão said:

depression

quick, quick buy a boat - time is of the esssence

Dylan

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Illegal Smile said:

Whatever it's called, I have the cure! Check the ad and make an offer...

i think bringing her down here to brasil would be a major issue.;)

On 4/22/2018 at 8:14 PM, Trovão said:

madness

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, monsoon said:
On 23/4/2018 at 1:14 AM, Trovão said:

madness

death of the soul

• Like 3

thanks guys. i definately need a boat ASAP!

On 4/22/2018 at 8:14 PM, Trovão said:

F’d:

High and Dry

2 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

F’d:

High and Dry

:blink:

Mostly a temporary condition.

Also known as temporary insanity!