Editor

how fast is it?

I am guessing there is more to Ran's performance than just the cut away deck, no doubt a number of minor evolutionary changes all of which add up.

The F40+ boats have evolved very quickly to essentially mini TP's. This is all good if they can find enough players with deep pockets to keep buying boats as the existing fleet gets made uncompetitive. Should produce a nice supply of relatively cheap superseded 40's for non F40+ racing if they can keep it going. 

On 5/2/2018 at 7:46 AM, LB 15 said:

Yeah when Hollywood Ray won 1st in cruising division in the Gladstone race (yep they did!) he claimed they were are cruising boat because they had a spar bath and a turbo tub.

Cruising Div??? Here she is in racing mode at the 2018 IRC Inter-Galactics in Melbourne. This must have been earlier in the program, before the Spray Dodger, Bimini and Davits were fitted.They hadn't even fitted the obligatory stern rail mounted BBQ at this stage.

Hollywood.thumb.jpg.f0332ed7755461c989262e444b4645ec.jpg

2 hours ago, Rawhide said:

I am guessing there is more to Ran's performance than just the cut away deck, no doubt a number of minor evolutionary changes all of which add up.

The F40+ boats have evolved very quickly to essentially mini TP's. This is all good if they can find enough players with deep pockets to keep buying boats as the existing fleet gets made uncompetitive. Should produce a nice supply of relatively cheap superseded 40's for non F40+ racing if they can keep it going. 

You know you want one...

2 hours ago, Rawhide said:

NZ non-doubt exited the TPs as he saw he couldn't compete with the budgets of the 4 AC teams.

I wonder how many F40 owners are now considering moving into something else given the impending arms race that Ran has started.

Swinging dicks vs Big Fish. 

FinnFish, that's the second time you've mentioned Niklas pulling out of the 52s due to AC teams, he chose to step from that fleet to the Fast40 for a new challenge, work commitments and an ease of attending events based on the South coast over 3-4 days as opposed to 8-10 days in mainland Europe or Southern U.S.

Another factor may (my conjecture) have been that the current Rán 52 had already been modded, so the feeling was there was no more potential to extract from the boat, with 9 new boats in build, build slots were limited.

He and Catherine also placed their motor yacht up for sale...No doubt concerned that the AC teams might have a more expensive and bigger ones...<_<