Sign in to follow this  
VhmSays

North Korea agrees to denuclearization

Sounds like radiation could become a problem. 

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Let's see what actually happens.

If Trump actually pulls one out of a hat then I will be the first to congratulate him - and I'll apologize for some of the nasty things I said about him.

If HE accomplishes it, not the SORKS & NORKS & China.

So far from what I've seen, Trump has has zero to do with it.

I'll be happy for positive change w/out regard to who brings it about.  That said - aside from giving Kim Jung Un the seat at the world table that he has desired & been rightfully denied for so long, I don't know that Trump has done anything to contribute to current events. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Admit it you guys are worried Trump might actually pull this off

Not at all. I'd consider it a good thing and the first tick in the "pro" column should Trump get it done. I don't see how his actions have been responsible for anything new at the moment, but I'm willing to give him kudos if he does something other than business as usual.

Nice example of behavioural projection though. You're so invested in Trump, it's all personal to you. :rolleyes: 

On 4/25/2018 at 11:01 AM, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I'll be happy for positive change w/out regard to who brings it about. 

I figure that goes without saying. I'm a big fan of that dirty word progress.

I wish Trump all the success in the world.  Just keep in mind one thing.  Even if he does pull off a miracle and brings peace to the Korean Peninsula, that doesn't exonerate him for anything the Mueller investigation will reveal.  Because you know damn well that the Trumpists will be blowing that horn if it happens.  "Oh, he did this or that, he's above the law now because he actually did his job for once."

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

I wish Trump all the success in the world.  Just keep in mind one thing.  Even if he does pull off a miracle and brings peace to the Korean Peninsula, that doesn't exonerate him for anything the Mueller investigation will reveal.  Because you know damn well that the Trumpists will be blowing that horn if it happens.  "Oh, he did this or that, he's above the law now because he actually did his job for once."

Who is saying it would?   Nixon opened up China,  didn’t stop watergate

26 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Who is saying it would?   Nixon opened up China,  didn’t stop watergate

It's a preemptive strike OK?   One of you will try it, just wait.

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

BL - does your TDS hurt much? 

This will make some heads explode 

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean President Moon Jae-in said U.S. President Donald Trump deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to end the standoff with North Korea over its nuclear weapons program, a South Korean official said on Monday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-southkorea-trump/trump-should-win-the-nobel-peace-prize-says-south-koreas-moon-idUSKBN1I10OD?il=0

53 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

This will make some heads explode 

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean President Moon Jae-in said U.S. President Donald Trump deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to end the standoff with North Korea over its nuclear weapons program, a South Korean official said on Monday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-southkorea-trump/trump-should-win-the-nobel-peace-prize-says-south-koreas-moon-idUSKBN1I10OD?il=0

Let us know when something actually happens.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Let us know when something actually happens.

Read it again. He is calling for Trump to receive it right now for his efforts to bring the Two Korea’s together. 

10 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Read it again. He is calling for Trump to receive it right now for his efforts to bring the Two Korea’s together. 

What were those efforts exactly?

Was it the tweet about "My button is bigger than your button" that did it or was it the "Little Rocket Man" tweet that did it or maybe the "I could call him fat & short but I won't tweet"?

Yeah, real Nobel grade stuff. Almost as significant as whatever the hell it was that got Obama his.

Or could this maybe, just maybe be them playing Trump in order to keep the USA going along with what they want?

33 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

I'm sure he is. The SOUTH is pandering to the USA's crazy president. They need to in order for the USA to ALLOW a new peace arrangement to come to fruition. The North & South could agree to a great many things, but unless the US agrees to leave, it means jack shit. 

You praise Trump for being a crazy fucker and claiming that the Norks come to the table... but then neglect to apply the same effect to the other side. Kind of telling.

26 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

What were those efforts exactly?

Was it the tweet about "My button is bigger than your button" that did it or was it the "Little Rocket Man" tweet that did it or maybe the "I could call him fat & short but I won't tweet"?

Yeah, real Nobel grade stuff. Almost as significant as whatever the hell it was that got Obama his.

Or could this maybe, just maybe be them playing Trump in order to keep the USA going along with what they want?

You would have to ask President Moon obviously he knows more than any of us.  

On 4/25/2018 at 10:55 AM, RKoch said:

Another article, no paywall.

http://m.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2143171/north-koreas-nuclear-test-site-has-collapsed-and-may-be-why-kim-jong-un?amp=1

Trump had nothing to do with it. NK fucked up their test mountain, it's no longer usable and they don't have resources to rebuild. 

If that's the case, our scintillation monitors would pick that up with about 100% certainty. It's essentially impossible to hide stray isotopes. I haven't heard anything about it.

President Trump aside, it's one thing for North Korea to discuss, to agree not to test, to do what China wants so that China has a chance to control South Korea's K-Pop juggernaut ... but it's something else entirely for North Korea to become compliant with the NPT. I don't see that happening for years or longer.

It's kind of like football ... you can have the most beautiful passes, rushes, quarterback sneaks and a majestic ability to move the ball downfield. But in the end, if you don't get it past the goal-line or at least pull a field goal, then your theatrics are just theatrics. Without NPT compliance, it's close to impossible to diminish the North Korean standoff.

3 hours ago, mikewof said:

If that's the case, our scintillation monitors would pick that up with about 100% certainty. It's essentially impossible to hide stray isotopes. I haven't heard anything about it.

President Trump aside, it's one thing for North Korea to discuss, to agree not to test, to do what China wants so that China has a chance to control South Korea's K-Pop juggernaut ... but it's something else entirely for North Korea to become compliant with the NPT. I don't see that happening for years or longer.

It's kind of like football ... you can have the most beautiful passes, rushes, quarterback sneaks and a majestic ability to move the ball downfield. But in the end, if you don't get it past the goal-line or at least pull a field goal, then your theatrics are just theatrics. Without NPT compliance, it's close to impossible to diminish the North Korean standoff.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-korea-nuclear-test-site-mantapsan-mountain-collapse-unusable-kim-jong-un/

USA Today had a similar article.   There may not be a radiation leak but Dictator Kim still needs a new mountain.   This could be a stall for time while he digs, or for real now that he has powerful bombs and can sort of deliver them somewhere in the US if we invade.

2 minutes ago, Lark said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-korea-nuclear-test-site-mantapsan-mountain-collapse-unusable-kim-jong-un/

USA Today had a similar article.   There may not be a radiation leak but Dictator Kim still needs a new mountain.   This could be a stall for time while he digs, or for real now that he has powerful bombs and can sort of deliver them somewhere in the US if we invade.

He can maybe get the nukes over Japan before they fuck up, but that's bad enough. If he can get them to PNW, I'm really going to have to object.

8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

He can maybe get the nukes over Japan before they fuck up, but that's bad enough. If he can get them to PNW, I'm really going to have to object.

He’d have an easier time hitting the distant continent, maybe even American territory, then an American island.   A larger vector range will actually hit something.   He has consistently shown an ability to hit the ocean.    

https://www.google.com/search?q=world+map+centered+on+north+korea&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=BJDEn7AcgdnwyM:

edit.  Japan is a given.

2 hours ago, Dunyazad said:

Who was pres when the Korean leaders last met?

yeah, it was Dubya and it was south visiting north. 

Kim gets called to China and sent to Sork

But it was Trump who made it happen.

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
2 hours ago, Dunyazad said:

Kim gets called to China and sent to Sork

But it was Trump who did it.

You have to make it easy for the idiots. They're not good at realising when they fuck up their own argument. ;) 

Yesterday I heard Howard Stern talking about how Dennis Rodman said he had explained President Donald Trump to Kim.

That sentence would have been hilarious in 2014.

6 hours ago, Dunyazad said:

Oh, I see. Thanks obama 

obama-youre-welcome_new.jpg

how is that denukeing going ? :rolleyes:

Untitled.jpg.895b144e379bcc89649aaa87588f3cff.jpg

• Like 3

It really does take a special kind of stupid to continue to support Trump

• Like 1

For the record, THIS is what Kim promised:

"Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula"

Heck, I'm 'Working Towards' banging super models. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

For the record, THIS is what Kim promised:

"Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula"

Heck, I'm 'Working Towards' banging super models. 

Hey, that's about what we got out of the Iran deal and it didn't cost us 1.7 billion in small unmarked bills.

3 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Hey, that's about what we got out of the Iran deal and it didn't cost us 1.7 billion in small unmarked bills.

Your willful mis-understanding of the Iran deal eliminates you from any right to comment...unless you are referring to the Orange-u-tan's abnegation of the international deal.  Then you are right.  We now have essentially the same deal with Iran and NK.

9 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Ah, yes.  That old canard about the $1.7 billion.  You do know that money was due Iran, right?

If you care to learn something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Ah, yes.  That old canard about the $1.7 billion.  You do know that money was due Iran, right?

That it was - though the delivery optics should have been handled much better and more openly than they were.  I could see how someone who only took a superficial look at the situation could come away thinking it was an under the table deal, but, it really WAS giving them back their own money. 

• Like 1

Just now, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

That it was - though the delivery optics should have been handled much better and more openly than they were.  I could see how someone who only took a superficial look at the situation could come away thinking it was an under the table deal, but, it really WAS giving them back their own money. 

Agreed on the optics.  And, the way the Administration fumbled the explanation.

Still doesn't change the fact that it was their $400 million paid back with interest.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Yes, it was their money which was held due to sanctions and claims against the iranian government.

Delivering it in cash  was a way to go around US banking laws.  The fact that it made it easier to fund terrorism with greenbacks is, of course, completely irrelevant to you.

Had it gone through normal banking channels it would have created a useful forensic trail.  But that couldn't happen.

Smells worse than a bad craiglist deal.

5 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Yes, it was their money which was held due to sanctions and claims against the iranian government.

Delivering it in cash  was a way to go around US banking laws.  The fact that it made it easier to fund terrorism with greenbacks is, of course, completely irrelevant to you.

Had it gone through normal banking channels it would have created a useful forensic trail.  But that couldn't happen.

Smells worse than a bad craiglist deal.

You have no fucking clue what is, and isn’t, relevant to me.

Don’t pretend to be Happy Jack and lecture me on my own beliefs. 

Canada has announced in a bid to get Nafta back on track and  Trump/Trudeau bromance revival,  that Canada will immediately  task the Atomic Energy Commission with developing a fusion bomb and missle delivery system for Canadian use.   NK is invited to Ottawa to discuss a partnership.   Apparently Canada has useful beaches for Trump condo's as well.   Concurrently CBC will be broadcasting  Canadian Bacon,  the great John Candy documentary  as supportive of  their decision.    God Bless Canada.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

You have no fucking clue what is, and isn’t, relevant to me.

Don’t pretend to be Happy Jack and lecture me on my own beliefs. 

OK, so it was a good thing?

45 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

OK, so it was a good thing?

Giving them their money back?  Yes. That was a good thing. 

Paying interest?  Yes. That was a good thing. 

Small cash payments, falling just under limits intended to raise red flags?  No. That was not a good thing. 

Bungling the explanation as to why?  No.  That was not a good thing. 

On 4/27/2018 at 4:07 PM, Ed Lada said:

There has been peace for over half a century. These two bad-haircut egomaniacs stop waving their red-button dicks at each other? T'will serve. 

11 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Small cash payments, falling just under limits intended to raise red flags?  No. That was not a good thing. 

Did you ever wonder why there was such haste that US law had to be circumvented to make the "small" cash payments.

Did you ever wonder why the POTUS didn't go to congress and ask them to lift the sanctions and present his case.  Other presidents did so to put the sanctions in place. 

Did you ever wonder if the unilateral executive action was because he had no case to present?

Did you ever wonder why a president would go to such lengths to circumvent US law?  Laws that were requested by POTUS of both parties and passed by congresses controlled by both parties?

The 'explanation' wasn't bungled it was inadequate cover for an outright lie.

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:
12 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Did you ever wonder why there was such haste that US law had to be circumvented to make the "small" cash payments.

Did you ever wonder why the POTUS didn't go to congress and ask them to lift the sanctions and present his case.  Other presidents did so to put the sanctions in place. 

Did you ever wonder if the unilateral executive action was because he had no case to present?

Did you ever wonder why a president would go to such lengths to circumvent US law?  Laws that were requested by POTUS of both parties and passed by congresses controlled by both parties?

The 'explanation' wasn't bungled it was inadequate cover for an outright lie.

Ah, so now you want to know about what I wonder.  I have a hunch answering this will send me down a rabbit hole.

No.  I don't wonder.  This is but another time when I did not appreciate the way President Obama handled something.  I fully realize my use of the words "did not appreciate" do not rise to the level of outrage you probably require, and in doing so, have to accept being labeled as an Obama Apologist. 

I am prepared to live with that shame.