Sign in to follow this  
captpiratedog

Random movie thread

If you have seen a movie online that's worthy  and perhaps obscure or otherwise not too well known foreign film   post a link here

For starters I just watched this..pretty worthy film

Here are two where the full-film is online...

Fire on the Plain (1959)

Le Comte de Monte Cristo (1998) Gérard Depardieu

Note: These three combined episodes are 7:21 minutes long!

• Like 1

OK..."Pull My Daisy" by "G-String Productions".   You are one funny guy.   Grew up on Long Island...shoulda met then.   Would have been fun.

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

why would I care what he watches..

With a 1000 mile stare....

Here's a few more shorts..Shorts are cool for a few reasons..1 they r short. 2 they can debut new talent to the scene.. and sometimes break a few rules  and be underground as in Richard Kern's  Lydia Lunch films...... The one thing that can suck about some shorts is that many are for promotional reasons and most endings drop off hanging... I guess to chum up some bites and further production interests... here's a few good  ones

I just watched "12 Strong" on iTunes last night.  Really well done movie.  It was a true story adaptation of the book "The Horse Soldiers" about a team of Green Berets who were dropped into Northern Afghanistan soon after 9/11 to work with the Northern Alliance (NA) to push the Taliban back and capture the town of Mazir e Sharif.  Fascinating story, good battle scenes and an interesting introspective look into the mind of General Dostum, one of the NA Warlords who was fighting the Taliban.  

I had read the book "First In" about the CIA operatives who went into Northern Afghanistan to set the stage for the ground invasion to come and he references handing some of the bomber targeting off to the Green Berets who came later.  But I was not aware the depths of the involvement they had in the actual ground fighting with the NA soldiers.  These 12 Green Berets were from the most advanced military in the world and they were doing cavalry charges on horseback against T-72 tanks and machine guns.  

Cool story.  Well worth the $5 rental!

La Cara Olculta...the hidden face.... for Eng subs click cc(closedcaption) then settings for Subs n auto translate pick ur language.. ..cool thriller , ...

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:22 AM, captpiratedog said:

Thanks Captain!

I watched it and liked it. Slow moving whodunit with good acting and complex characters.

Marshland is great! It;s kinda like a Spanish true detectives ( First Season)..really good  acting, location and Mise en Scene

• Like 1

Ol Gage redeems himself as an actor in this one, saw it awhile back ..  best situational , location , and character realism ever

for streaming let it load up a bit b4 watching..

https://www1.putlocker.ac/watch-joe-online-free-putlocker-2013.html

Image result for Joe movie

...Deep.... En Immersion.... real fucking French Noir made into a mini series but it's really a 3hr movie split into 3 parts...sorry the dubbed link... if you want you can DL the Torrent  from ur fav site or..piratebay..here is the utube version..Damn good flik IMO for the BnW Noir feel 

Having lived in Japan a few times from childhood to later on...I fully understand the meaning of a good noodle shop to a great one....Sometimes we would drive far into the mountains just to get Miso Udon or wait in line in for some back ally  steamy Tokyo Ramen  and the favorite Train Station Platform simple Soba cooked by some old lady you always returned for....

Ok Ok it's not a movie but fuck it ...it's worthy...part 1 linky

Download the whole thing @TPB