I know that each of us gets caught up life - jobs, kids, significant others, family, etc. But one thing that we all manage to have time for is sailing. Whether it's racing, or cruising or just a little bay sail, we always find the time. Sure, it's likely not ever enough time, but we make it happen.

We hang out on boats, in yacht club bars, on the docks. We talk on the phone about it with our fellow sailors, we e-mail, FB, Instagram. Like crack, we seemingly can never get enough!

But the one place that almost everyone goes is online. There are a few choices, but for 19 years now, you have faithfully come to Sailing Anarchy for your sailing fix. I simply cannot express how much that means to us. Sure, we don't cover everything (stay tuned for news on that), and often we offend, insult and drive you crazy. Yet you anarchists always stay with us, and that is just incredible. Seriously, you cannot understand how much we appreciate that.

With few exceptions, we have strived to be the best, the most interesting, and entertaining sailing site out there. We know that your time gets divided up, and that there are many places to go on the intertubes. You so often choose us and before you call me a whimpering pussy, I want to offer a sincere and heartfelt thank you to all of you who help make this place what it is. From our wild-ass forums, to sending in stories and pictures and videos from your corner of the world, we thank you.

As honest as I can be, thank you for participating, contributing and supporting Sailing Anarchy. And after 19 years, we can't imagine not doing this with y'all. Nearly every single day, we love it. And we are thankful that you do too. - ed.

• Like 14

Farking Russian hackers - c'mon give the site back, Scot's not that bad!

ok, Scot... you dope. Well done.

• Like 1

19 yrs , my how time fly's when you are having fun :D

Sadly the archives don't go back that far but here's a thread from 2005 ....................

"Heaven Can Wait" 24 hour Yacht Race

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/16654-heaven-can-wait-24-hour-yacht-race/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-348392

• Like 2

Thanks for hosting your own ads.  When you editorialize your advertisers the way sailinganarchy.com does then both your unique content and the community of advertisers are of interest to your consumers.

J

Oh for fuck's sake...did you mistakenly get into your chick's estrogen supplements ?  Next thing yer gonna be gettin' all weepy and shit.  Time for Whiskey and wheelies,  dammit.

• Like 5

I’m not sure if I am proud to say that I have been here since day 1 or what!!! But it has been a great website and I have met some really great people during the past 19 years. Thanks Scot. And yes, that front page post is soft as David Price. 

14 minutes ago, Vin said:

I’m not sure if I am proud to say that I have been here since day 1 or what!!! But it has been a great website and I have met some really great people during the past 19 years. Thanks Scot. And yes, that front page post is soft as David Price. 

I still think it's funny as hell that I met you and @riracer here at SA before I met you at the club.

I've made some fantastic connections all over the world through this place, and met all sorts of interesting people. I've been invited into people's homes, had people show up to help on projects I've been stuck on, met people in bars, at races, and in remote anchorages all through SA.

Even a couple of days ago someone saw us here in Australia and came over to say hi. We're planning to leave Evenstar for four months on a mooring that belongs to a guy that's friends with an SA'er that saw me anchored around here and popped in to say hello and put me in touch with his buddy with the mooring. I've got dozens more stories like that I could share.

Now I can't dick around to long here reminiscing, since I have five new deck hatches I bought from @Phil that I need to get cracking on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Editor said:

I know that each of us gets caught up life - jobs, kids, significant others, family, etc. But one thing that we all manage to have time for is sailing. Whether it's racing, or cruising or just a little bay sail, we always find the time. Sure, it's likely not ever enough time, but we make it happen.

We hang out on boats, in yacht club bars, on the docks. We talk on the phone about it with our fellow sailors, we e-mail, FB, Instagram. Like crack, we seemingly can never get enough!

But the one place that almost everyone goes is online. There are a few choices, but for 19 years now, you have faithfully come to Sailing Anarchy for your sailing fix. I simply cannot express how much that means to us. Sure, we don't cover everything (stay tuned for news on that), and often we offend, insult and drive you crazy. Yet you anarchists always stay with us, and that is just incredible. Seriously, you cannot understand how much we appreciate that.

With few exceptions, we have strived to be the best, the most interesting, and entertaining sailing site out there. We know that your time gets divided up, and that there are many places to go on the intertubes. You so often choose us and before you call me a whimpering pussy, I want to offer a sincere and heartfelt thank you to all of you who help make this place what it is. From our wild-ass forums, to sending in stories and pictures and videos from your corner of the world, we thank you.

As honest as I can be, thank you for participating, contributing and supporting Sailing Anarchy. And after 19 years, we can't imagine not doing this with y'all. Nearly every single day, we love it. And we are thankful that you do too. - ed.

Fuck off, Noob. And show us your gf's tits!

• Like 2

Do you need a hug? Seriously this is the only thing i log into regularly, i dont even have FB, insta, twitter etc. This is it for me.

Davie

• Like 1

Cheers for even starting this site. i check at least the front page nearly every day. I have been here since the beginning as well and have known the editor since we were in our pubescent years.  fuck that's a while and a lot of water under the bridge! I dig the sailing content, the political views and of course the odd suggestive sexual pictures. Keep it all going and I hope we are all still here in another 19 years!

What is this? A kind and gentle editor? Did he eat some funny mushrooms before writing this?

Actually, I want to thank you, ed for all you do. My sailing (and real) life is much better because of this site.  Keep it up.

The post from this stranger is interesting, but I didn't see any tits.

Thanks Scott. Good community here, and an invaluable resource for those of us who didn't grow up building / racing boats.

7 minutes ago, mustang__1 said:

joined this place when i was in middle school.... how fucking scary is that... 

I was a lost 20 y/o, a couple college degrees and thousands of sea miles and races later and I'm a fairly intelligible 35 y/o because of this site. So...thanks y'all. 

1 hour ago, Stevem1971 said:

Great community.  I truly hope that wasn't a "goodbye" letter as it sure reads as one...

Ahh... looks like you've caught on and the cat is out of the bag! As the Ed said above : " Sure, we don't cover everything (stay tuned for news on that)". The "news" is that Scot has sold SA to Leweck (the deal is finalized on May 1), who will then transform the forums to an expanded version the press-release agglomeration that they currently preside over. Meanwhile Scot will take on the role as Media Contact for World Sailing and will work closely with them in promoting the offshore team-racing concept for the next Olympics. Clean will stay on at SA editing press releases, and write a historical retrospective series on Key West Race Week.  

25 minutes ago, JoeO said:

Ahh... looks like you've caught on and the cat is out of the bag! As the Ed said above : " Sure, we don't cover everything (stay tuned for news on that)". The "news" is that Scot has sold SA to Leweck (the deal is finalized on May 1), who will then transform the forums to an expanded version the press-release agglomeration that they currently preside over. Meanwhile Scot will take on the role as Media Contact for World Sailing and will work closely with them in promoting the offshore team-racing concept for the next Olympics. Clean will stay on at SA editing press releases, and write a historical retrospective series on Key West Race Week.  

If this is satire, it's pretty fuckin awesome. 

16 hours ago, Editor said:

Yet another sign that America is Getting Great Again

Never ever saw a post like that under the Bushs or Obama

:o:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

It’s been 16 years for me since I moved from the Keys and got a real dial up connection. Found out peeps were shit talking my Dad on here and came in here and spanked a few cock nuzzlers back into their dirty holes.

I stuck around for a few years in the shadows watching you make an ass out of yourself in public and thoroughly enjoyed it;). Now that I’m here again, I have to say that I like being able to be honest on a forum and this is about the only outlet for someone like me. 

Now go get a new boat and get Sailing!!

ed3xg.gif

• Like 1

Jesus.  All that time wasted on these forums when I could have been, uh, doing *something*, *anything*, maybe outside, on the water, oh I don't know. . .

• Like 1

Eds lost it next thing you know he is going to buy another 6knt shit box

13 minutes ago, fan said:

One thing ya gutta give Scot credit for is learning from his mistakes and Never looking back

Like dumpin the FT-10m (28KSB) and steppin up to a Melges then a SantaCruise

Ya he's boatless now But you can Bet he will scour the earth using everything he has learned to find the Best Boat to Kick-Ass in SoCal.

just give him time to sort it out & he Will find something New for PHRF to go nuts trying to Jack the Rating of just his boat

I'm waiting to see what lies ahead in the next unwritten chapter of "As The Status Quo Blows" B)

Well Ed, that's got your feminine side out of the way for now. Presumably normal service will now resume -ha ha

SS

17 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Wherre is the 20 yeare bashe gonig be? 

the Moose hall

Even I don't post after eating a pinger.

On 4/25/2018 at 8:30 PM, Snaggletooth said:

Wherre is ARE the 20 yeare bashe(S) gonig be? 

Fixed it for you -

roving parties (with webcasts) of all the highlights scheduled around the major events of each flavor of sailing in 2019 until Clean and Ed get checked into rehab.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:10 AM, fan said:

Rumer has it that he has another FT-10. bought a beat up old shitter and is putting his magic touch to it.

6 hours ago, EVRaines said:

Rumer has it that he has another FT-10. bought a beat up old shitter and is putting his magic touch to it.

why dose he wantte it to sinke?

On 4/26/2018 at 11:59 PM, mustang__1 said:

joined this place when i was in middle school.... how fucking scary is that... 

And you can still wear the same pants!

This thread needs b00bs

dced8814bd26432e9847b5f2f69dacf4--commen

Wanker. And that goes double for Clean. But flat-out indispensable.  

AC coverage alone is worth big bucks.

Although I still can't figure out the mental world of a Kiwi.  

• Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 5:30 PM, Snaggletooth said:

Wherre is the 20 yeare bashe gonig be? 

At the Elk's Club, obviously

On 4/28/2018 at 9:41 AM, VWAP said:

This thread needs b00bs

dced8814bd26432e9847b5f2f69dacf4--commen

That micro bikini is all she’d need to be warm at the South Pole

All I can add is.......

Fuck I love this place

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Yeah, butte coude she keepe up withe pod?

32 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Yeah, butte coude she keepe up withe pod?

What did you say?

You want to see her without the Bikini. Since she is a model I am sure I can find what you want 

Hang on 

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

wait till the front falls off on this one ... all back into the environment

or rather not..

TSUNAMI ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. the good lady is on hire during weekends and bank holidays  as a bouncy castle through the good services of tempesta@anarkee.com inc,ltd,acme

Just now, Sail4beer said:

can we see the nudie shoot in Africa with her herd?

Thats just mean

59 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Didde you meane saye elke?

No.

Like part of a little Dik Dik herd.

2B21C080-9598-4316-AFD6-C537B901263F.jpeg

I think the Ed should be given an award to mark this 19th year.

How about something from Teaky's desk?

Comme to thick of it, what orther royaltey do we no?  Of corrse theres Bob.  I thick BDB is marrieded to ladey of peeriage.  We cane invitte them alle to the twenney yeare bashe.                  :)

• Like 1

Boothy....he has the aire of Royalty about hisself!

:)

5 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Comme to thick of it, what orther royaltey do we no?  Of corrse theres Bob.  I thick BDB is marrieded to ladey of peeriage.  We cane invitte them alle to the twenney yeare bashe.                  :)

Where is Lord Dubin when we need him. Maybe he would be prepared to loan out Gracie for the night.

10 minutes ago, some dude said:

snaggy's house

I'll bring the women !!!!!!

I think I know the kind snaggy likes

Just dont change anything - then the site will go down!! Seen it before.....

On 4/26/2018 at 5:17 AM, B.J. Porter said:

I still think it's funny as hell that I met you and @riracer here at SA before I met you at the club.

I've made some fantastic connections all over the world through this place, and met all sorts of interesting people. I've been invited into people's homes, had people show up to help on projects I've been stuck on, met people in bars, at races, and in remote anchorages all through SA.

Even a couple of days ago someone saw us here in Australia and came over to say hi. We're planning to leave Evenstar for four months on a mooring that belongs to a guy that's friends with an SA'er that saw me anchored around here and popped in to say hello and put me in touch with his buddy with the mooring. I've got dozens more stories like that I could share.

Now I can't dick around to long here reminiscing, since I have five new deck hatches I bought from @Phil that I need to get cracking on.

Same here.  I've met some interesting people through this site.  Found Race crew, became race crew, traveled to the opposite coast for regattas to crew for others through SA.  Even had a brief romantic relationship through SA.  

BTW @B J Porter, hows the deck cutting going for your hatch install?  ;)

You and BJ had a brief romantic relationship? What ended it- did you talk politics?

6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

You and BJ had a brief romantic relationship? What ended it- did you talk politics?

Yes, that and the fact that our zodiac signs clashed and we were just never compatible.  Oh and don't get me started on that Rhode Island elitist accent.  Like nails on a chalkboard.....    ;)