There were similar looking Moths a couple of years back with two mainfoils. This one seems easier to sail than a Waszp and prettier than an UFO. Cool.

for +/- US$18,500, it better be easier to sail than a Waszp and prettier than a UFO!

If a UFO is entry-level on price and looks, and a Waszp is more advanced on price and looks, then this is... what?  Why not just get a Waszp?  And if you don't know how to foil, why not  get a UFO?  Hard to see what market it is after.

It does look cool tho.

This was Jim French's Skeeta, built for the 2015 Sorrento Moth worlds, where it had dual foils, modified for the 2016 Perth Nationals with present configuration. It still got lapped. Its gone to Italy to join the offerings of the foiling scow builder there. New rig here, looks like they will market it as a new class not a moth. No idea where it will be built, but not likely to be cheap. Will be more stable than a WAZP when floating but much the same when foiling. It will never go fast with that full sail.

Like the UFO, that's a foiler I could get behind. I still want to be able to luff up and take a breather, eat a PB&J. Can't do that in a moth. 

2 hours ago, Ross said:

Like the UFO, that's a foiler I could get behind. I still want to be able to luff up and take a breather, eat a PB&J. Can't do that in a moth. 

sure you can, you just need to flip it over and sit on the board. no big deal. 

9 hours ago, Phil S said:

It still got lapped … It will never go fast with that full sail.

A lot of Bladeriders and Mach2s get lapped too. ;-)

A bit more experience with sail trim (that main is sooo twisted) and sailing technique and I think it would look a lot better. If they can build it to the right price (which means it would have to be a one–design), it would fit nicely in the UFO/WASZP space.

5 hours ago, Ross said:

It's really not that hard to heave–to in a Moth, just ease the main and sail slightly off head–to–wind. Watch for shifts though. And there is always capsize and sit on the centreboard. There's no off button when upright, but that's the same with pretty much any modern skiff.

Nice. I'm also in favor of foilers that can sit stable on the water.

Still... I picture the wide hull being hard to break into flight, narrow hulls have less of a problem with breaking the connection with the water...

22 hours ago, sailforbeer said:

for +/- US$18,500, it better be easier to sail than a Waszp and prettier than a UFO!

If a UFO is entry-level on price and looks, and a Waszp is more advanced on price and looks, then this is... what?  Why not just get a Waszp?  And if you don't know how to foil, why not  get a UFO?  Hard to see what market it is after.

It does look cool tho.

If you want to learn to foil, why not get a UFO for half the price

or an F101 for about the same price

good thing about the Skeeter, you can see clear uninterrupted foiling video right off the bat

Man, that boat looks WAY nicer than the UFO.  Even if more expensive, it just looks more finished.

Love the foiler revolution!

Heard there are a couple other big companies coming down the pipe with production foilers.

On 4/26/2018 at 4:03 PM, xonk1 said:

She looks like fun.

Yeah she does and I would like to see more of her derriere since it seems to just skip on the water when she heels to windward! Mine would bring the whole show to a dead stop if I clipped the waves in that manner.

Actually I had to look up the sailing school that she is a part of and what a location and crew.