Nailing Malarkey Too

Peace in Korea. Nobel prize for Trump.

23 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I don't see him insulting Kim.  My take is KJU is about as unstable as President Trump, maybe more so.  

Bullies usually only go after those weaker than themselves.  

President Trump is scared to death of being humiliated.  KJU is the kind of guy who could do that.

Look for our POTUS to be as gracious and conciliatory as he is capable.

I hope you are right. Bone spurs modus operandi is to lash out at transgressions, real or mostly imagined. Throw in his comment about not needing to prepare for the meeting as well as his statement about needing only a minute to size up Kim and the omens are not good. I doubt he knows anything about Korean history or culture and having eaten dim sum in Chinatown doesn't count as a substitute.

But it is Monday morning, it rained all weekend and I'm in a bit of a glass half empty mood.

15 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

But, but, but, President Trump said it would “not be acceptable” if North Korea doesn’t denuclearize.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/news/north-korean-nuclearizaton-must-happen-deal-trump/amp/

When has he ever said anything so far that he stuck to?  

I listened to an interview with a retired Admiral who was the former NATO Commander and he said he thought it extremely unlikely that Norkistan would give up their nukes completely, but that an acceptable outcome would be a robust inspection regime with good verification.  He said we could probably live with that.  It would be a fuckload better than what the alternative is at this point.  Just saying.....

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/10/618738551/concerns-ahead-of-trump-kim-summit

MARTIN: So before we get into the details, can you lay out, as simply as you can, exactly what is the threat that North Korea poses to the region and what is the threat that North Korea poses to the United States?

STAVRIDIS: North Korea poses a profound threat in the region because they have an enormous army. They have highly capable air forces, excellent navy with diesel submarines, and above all, a cache of probably somewhere between 30 and 50 nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles to deliver them at ranges that can touch any capital in the region. They are a growing threat to the United States because their ballistic missile program has advanced to the point that it is conceivable that they could, in the immediate future - say the next year or two - be able to deliver a weapon to the continental United States. That's very worrisome on both counts.

MARTIN: President Trump has been advocating for, quote, unquote, "rapid denuclearization." Is that a realistic goal? I mean, let's just say, even as an intellectual exercise, is that possible?

STAVRIDIS: It is not. In any scenario, it will be a matter of years before North Korea is free of nuclear weapons. There are technical reasons for that. It takes time to obtain these weapons defused and then, above all, to ensure that you've got all of them, for North Korea to prove that they have given us the entire inventory. And then secondly, as a matter of political reality, highly unlikely, in my view, that Kim Jong Un will give up his nuclear weapons. He might allow them to be inspected, but he will certainly demand, for a period of years, access to nuclear weapons because he fears if he gives them up, he will meet the same fate as Moammar Gadhafi, Saddam Hussein and others who have given up weapons of mass destruction, so look for this problem to stretch out.

MARTIN: Before we let you go, may I ask you, what's your overall sense of what this meeting means to the world?

STAVRIDIS: I think there's a 70 percent chance we can ultimately negotiate a fairly positive outcome here. I think there is about a 20 percent chance that we'll slip back into the old ways of doing business, which is kind of the history. We've been excited before about potential agreements with North Korea. None have come to fruition. And then my last 10 percent is, kind of, the dark side of the spectrum, which is that this breaks down completely, and in frustration and anger, one side or the other actually commences hostilities - low percentage, but very dark end of the spectrum. So let's focus on that 70 percent potential positives here. I'm cautiously optimistic.

MARTIN: That's Admiral James Stavridis. He previously served as supreme allied commander of NATO. Currently, he's serving as dean of the Fletcher School of Diplomacy at Tufts University.

Admiral, thank you so much for speaking with us.

STAVRIDIS: What a pleasure, Michel. Thank you.

2 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44439700

SOS Pompeo said that the US will offer NORK "unique" security assurances in exchange for total and verifiable denuclearization. He did not spell out what those unique assurances might be.

If you were NORK or advising them would you believe Pompeo. Trump has spent his time in office playing Wreck it Ralph. Undo the ACA, TPP, NAFTA, fai,lure to play nice with others at the G7, verbal attacks on allies, tariffs, etc.

What would you demand? Pompeo's assurances are clearly not enough; nor Trump's in my view. Anything less than a formal treaty ratified by the Senate? 

Lil Kim might want to be suspicious of any unique security assurance signed by 'David Dennison'.

37 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:
16 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

But, but, but, President Trump said it would “not be acceptable” if North Korea doesn’t denuclearize.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/news/north-korean-nuclearizaton-must-happen-deal-trump/amp/

When has he ever said anything so far that he stuck to?  

I listened to an interview with a retired Admiral who was the former NATO Commander and he said he thought it extremely unlikely that Norkistan would give up their nukes completely, but that an acceptable outcome would be a robust inspection regime with good verification.  He said we could probably live with that.  It would be a fuckload better than what the alternative is at this point.  Just saying.....

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/10/618738551/concerns-ahead-of-trump-kim-summit

MARTIN: So before we get into the details, can you lay out, as simply as you can, exactly what is the threat that North Korea poses to the region and what is the threat that North Korea poses to the United States?

STAVRIDIS: North Korea poses a profound threat in the region because they have an enormous army. They have highly capable air forces, excellent navy with diesel submarines, and above all, a cache of probably somewhere between 30 and 50 nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles to deliver them at ranges that can touch any capital in the region. They are a growing threat to the United States because their ballistic missile program has advanced to the point that it is conceivable that they could, in the immediate future - say the next year or two - be able to deliver a weapon to the continental United States. That's very worrisome on both counts.

MARTIN: President Trump has been advocating for, quote, unquote, "rapid denuclearization." Is that a realistic goal? I mean, let's just say, even as an intellectual exercise, is that possible?

STAVRIDIS: It is not. In any scenario, it will be a matter of years before North Korea is free of nuclear weapons. There are technical reasons for that. It takes time to obtain these weapons defused and then, above all, to ensure that you've got all of them, for North Korea to prove that they have given us the entire inventory. And then secondly, as a matter of political reality, highly unlikely, in my view, that Kim Jong Un will give up his nuclear weapons. He might allow them to be inspected, but he will certainly demand, for a period of years, access to nuclear weapons because he fears if he gives them up, he will meet the same fate as Moammar Gadhafi, Saddam Hussein and others who have given up weapons of mass destruction, so look for this problem to stretch out.

MARTIN: Before we let you go, may I ask you, what's your overall sense of what this meeting means to the world?

STAVRIDIS: I think there's a 70 percent chance we can ultimately negotiate a fairly positive outcome here. I think there is about a 20 percent chance that we'll slip back into the old ways of doing business, which is kind of the history. We've been excited before about potential agreements with North Korea. None have come to fruition. And then my last 10 percent is, kind of, the dark side of the spectrum, which is that this breaks down completely, and in frustration and anger, one side or the other actually commences hostilities - low percentage, but very dark end of the spectrum. So let's focus on that 70 percent potential positives here. I'm cautiously optimistic.

MARTIN: That's Admiral James Stavridis. He previously served as supreme allied commander of NATO. Currently, he's serving as dean of the Fletcher School of Diplomacy at Tufts University.

Admiral, thank you so much for speaking with us.

STAVRIDIS: What a pleasure, Michel. Thank you.

FWIW, I agree.

And, regarding the last part in red - Where would KJU get the idea he would end up like those guys.

Oh, right.  John Bolton.

40 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

FWIW, I agree.

And, regarding the last part in red - Where would KJU get the idea he would end up like those guys.

Oh, right.  John Bolton.

Yeah, that was a facepalm moment when bolton said that.  

But I suspect the jonger already knew that before bolton came along and john just confirmed what he already knew. 

Speaking of Bolton, word on the news is that he is adamantly against this summit or any potential peace deal and is at odds with others in the WH including trumples.  I wonder if he specifically said his Qadaffi quote as an attempt to scuttle the talks before they began????  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yeah, that was a facepalm moment when bolton said that.  

But I suspect the jonger already knew that before bolton came along and john just confirmed what he already knew. 

Speaking of Bolton, word on the news is that he is adamantly against this summit or any potential peace deal and is at odds with others in the WH including trumples.  I wonder if he specifically said his Qadaffi quote as an attempt to scuttle the talks before they began????  

B885861A-16F0-440C-A2B7-E852C7C523D9.jpeg

Various news outlets are reporting that Trump will leave Singapore earlier than planned because talks are proceeding faster than expected.

Even Bone Spurs realizes that the longer he hangs around the greater the likelihood that he will screw things up.  So show up,  pose for holy pictures, utter a few banalities and get the hell out of town. Not a bad strategy. I wonder who thought it up.

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

B885861A-16F0-440C-A2B7-E852C7C523D9.jpeg

Would you trust a guy who can't even trim his mustache and eyebrows?

9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

http://thehill.com/policy/international/391637-kim-jong-un-brought-his-own-toilet-to-summit-with-trump

”portable toilet that will deny determined sewer divers insights into the Supreme Leader’s stools.”

well that settles that. I wonder where the North Korean guy is gonna shit. 

All over Donald.

13 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

http://thehill.com/policy/international/391637-kim-jong-un-brought-his-own-toilet-to-summit-with-trump

”portable toilet that will deny determined sewer divers insights into the Supreme Leader’s stools.”

well that settles that. I wonder where the North Korean guy is gonna shit. 

I would expect we will see a similar type of arrangement for the POTUS, after he finds out.

But, his portable shitter will be bigger, better, and (probably) gold-plated.

The Chinese have made it clear to Kim that Trump will incinerate them if he doesn't change.  What happens in the near future is up to Kim but in the long run their demise is inevitable.  Don't worry though, it will not be a protracted war, it will be over in seconds.

4 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

The Chinese have made it clear to Kim that Trump will incinerate them if he doesn't change.  What happens in the near future is up to Kim but in the long run their demise is inevitable.  Don't worry though, it will not be a protracted war, it will be over in seconds.

Well, there are roughly 25 million people in the Seoul metropolitan area, and that is about 50 kilometers from the DMZ.  Once shit starts, there's going to be a lot of dead South Koreans.

The bar has been set pretty high. Trump pulled out of the Iran calling it an embarrassment. NORK already has nukes and a delivery system, Iran did and does not. So Trump has to do better than the Iran deal or it's a failure.

Iran deal framework (Wikipedia)

Enrichment

• Iran's enrichment capacity, enrichment level and stockpile will be limited for specified durations.
  • There will be no enrichment facilities other than Natanz.
  • Iran is allowed to conduct research and development on centrifuges with an agreed scope and schedule.
  • Fordo, the underground enrichment center,[11]will be converted to a "nuclear, physics and technology centre".

Reprocessing

• The heavy water facility in Arak with help of international venture will be redesigned and modernized to "Heavy Water Research Reactor" with no weapon grade plutonium byproducts.
  • The spent fuel will be exported, there will be no reprocessing.

Monitoring

• Implementation of the modified Code 3.1 and provisional application of the Additional Protocol.
  • Iran agreed IAEA procedure which enhanced access by modern technologies to clarify past and present issues.

Sanctions

When the IAEA verifies Iran's implementation of its key nuclear commitments:

• The EU will terminate all nuclear-related economic sanctions.
  • The United States will cease the application of all nuclear-related secondary economic and financial sanctions.
  • The UN Security Council will endorse this agreement with a resolution which terminates all previous nuclear-related resolutions and incorporate certain restrictive measures for a mutually agreed period of time.
  •  

40 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Well, there are roughly 25 million people in the Seoul metropolitan area, and that is about 50 kilometers from the DMZ.  Once shit starts, there's going to be a lot of dead South Koreans.

Myth.  Was Japan rendered uninhabitable?  No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

47 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The US let Japan destroy Pearl Harbor in order to convince people like you to get involved in a war, I hope they don't have to let NK incinerate one of our large cities to accomplish the same thing.  Unfortunately Obama let it get to that point.

6 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

Myth.  Was Japan rendered uninhabitable?  No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who used the word "uninhabitable"?

I didn't.

Maybe you should try responding to what I write, not what you hear inside your head.

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I didn't.

Maybe you should try responding to what I write, not what you hear inside your head.

No need to get your pantie in a wad and respond with insults.  You expressed your belief that the US protecting it's and it's allies interests would be an apocalyptic event.  You're a fear monger at best.   

44 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I didn't.

Pot to Kettle. LOL

1 hour ago, kmacdonald said:

No need to get your pantie in a wad and respond with insults.  You expressed your belief that the US protecting it's and it's allies interests would be an apocalyptic event.  You're a fear monger at best.   

You are reading WAAAAAAY more than I wrote.

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

Pot to Kettle. LOL

Are you still steamed about "her actual words"?  Suck it up, Buttercup.

This may be all we get out of the deal.  And, the usual suspects will spin it as a "win".

trade.jpg

By the way, when are we going to "get tired of winning"?

5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

More likely he's just lying. It's the only way Cheetolini apologists can defend him.

Just now, RKoch said:

More likely he's just lying.

He does seem a bit over the top.  Even more so than our resident "independent MIT rocket surgeon".

2 hours ago, kmacdonald said:

The US let Japan destroy Pearl Harbor in order to convince people like you to get involved in a war, I hope they don't have to let NK incinerate one of our large cities to accomplish the same thing.  Unfortunately Obama let it get to that point.

Obama let the Norks incinerate one of our large cities, then had a war with them? That sounds just terrible. I just knew he was up to something. Do you think we should impeach him? Maybe Beyoncé will go to President Trump to ask for a pardon for him?

-DSK

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Obama let the Norks incinerate one of our large cities, then had a war with them? That sounds just terrible. I just knew he was up to something. Do you think we should impeach him? Maybe Beyoncé will go to President Trump to ask for a pardon for him?

-DSK

They'd be doing us a favor if it was Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Philly, DC, and quite a few more.

• Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

Stop quoting stupid Alex Jones conspiracy theorists. They're morons.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Gee earlier in this thread people were all giddy that things were falling apart because Trump talked about leaving early. Now it looks as Kim is the one leaving early.  

2 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Who's that?

2 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Sorry, I thought it was funny.

-DSK

12 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Gee earlier in this thread people were all giddy that things were falling apart because Trump talked about leaving early. Now it looks as Kim is the one leaving early.  

They're both leaving early, no bell.

23 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

WhyTF do you not have that fool on ignore?

If you insist on reading his moronic drivel, please do the rest of us a big favour and don't quote him.

32 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

WhyTF do you not have that fool on ignore?

If you insist on reading his moronic drivel, please do the rest of us a big favour and don't quote him.

Boy that child has a short fuse.  I hate to trigger him like that.

1 hour ago, kmacdonald said:

Boy that child has a short fuse.  I hate to trigger him like that.

Yep a very angry Canadian 

• Like 1

Pretty sad that a US president has to get on his knees and beg a third world dictator for a photo-op so he can save face. What an ass-clown.

Up is down, left is right, and KJU has "reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

15 hours ago, kmacdonald said:

They'd be doing us a favor if it was Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Philly, DC, and quite a few more.

Do you enjoy behaving like an irredeemable jackass?

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Up is down, left is right, and KJU has "reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

DRPK leadership has affirmed their unwavering commitment to other things in the past that didn't materialize.   I sincerely hope that exercise cessation and troop drawdown are coordinated w/South Korea and Japan, and that none of those inappropriate giveaways are acted upon until destruction confirmation of DPRK''s delivery capabilities. 

42 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Crickets 

We’ve been here before. 

Thanks, Trump I needed that.

Trump: If I was wrong about Kim, 'I'll find some kind of an excuse'

Source: The Hill

President Trump said Tuesday that if he ends up being wrong about trusting North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, he may never admit it or will find “some kind of excuse.” 

Trump told reporters that he trusts Kim and believes North Korea will implement the denuclearization policies the leaders agreed on during their historic summit. 

“I may be wrong,” Trump said during a news conference after the meeting. “I may stand before you in six months and say, ‘Hey, I was wrong.' ” 

“I don’t know that I’ll ever admit that, but I’ll find some kind of an excuse,” Trump added with a smile.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/391774-trump-if-i-was-wrong-about-kim-ill-find-some-kind-of-an-excuse 

11 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Thanks, Trump I needed that.

Trump: If I was wrong about Kim, 'I'll find some kind of an excuse'

Source: The Hill

President Trump said Tuesday that if he ends up being wrong about trusting North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, he may never admit it or will find “some kind of excuse.” 

Trump told reporters that he trusts Kim and believes North Korea will implement the denuclearization policies the leaders agreed on during their historic summit. 

“I may be wrong,” Trump said during a news conference after the meeting. “I may stand before you in six months and say, ‘Hey, I was wrong.' ” 

“I don’t know that I’ll ever admit that, but I’ll find some kind of an excuse,” Trump added with a smile.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/391774-trump-if-i-was-wrong-about-kim-ill-find-some-kind-of-an-excuse 

And, if that should come to pass, there are some loyal folks right here in PA who will take that excuse and defend it.

Sad.  Bigly.

And, if that should come to pass, there are some loyal folks right here in PA who will take that excuse and defend it.

Sad.  Bigly.

You guys just don’t get it.   It was a joke. He is playing the media based on previous reporting.  His first statement that he would admit he was wrong was followed up with a joke. All presidents do this banter with the press

1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

You guys just don’t get it.   It was a joke. He is playing the media based on previous reporting.  His first statement that he would admit he was wrong was followed up with a joke. All presidents do this banter with the press

Thanks!! TM Huckabee Sanders.

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Thanks!! TM Huckabee Sanders.

It’s true, in all 57 states the left has no humor. 

Just now, TMSAIL said:

It’s true, in all 57 states the left has no humor. 

Sorry, but maybe you never noticed that Donald Trump does not have a sense of humor.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

Sorry, but maybe you never noticed that Donald Trump does not have a sense of humor.

Trump is on the left?  Who knew. 

What a whiny bunch of losers. 

This ia a positive no matter how you try and spin it. Do I have to quote all of you that said "KIM WILL NEVER GIVE UP HIS NUKES" 

Well he has promised to do just that. It is his only play after all. Any reversal by Kim would result in a redoubling of sanctions and he can not afford that. He has also promised peace and prosperity to his country and while he might get away with double crossing us he might not get a pass from his people if he pushes his country any deeper into poverty. 

Only time will tell but this was a major and unexpected positive. You will all try to spin it in a negative light but you will fail (flail) at it. 

It make Trudeau's pre summit antics  look small and weak. What a pussy. And I loved Trump's comment to Stephanopoulos. "That's gonna cost him a lot of money"

• Downvote 3

Kim has NOT promised to give up his nukes. The original US demand was "Complete, Verifiable Irreversible Denuclearization" and now it is work to denuclearize the Korean peninsula - this can (will?) be interpreted by the NK as complete US nuclear disarmament. This is the same shit signed 25 years ago by Kim's father. 

This was a photo opp to let Trump shower praise on a brutal murderous dictator and the half-wits are fawning over it.

6 minutes ago, Expatriated said:

Kim has NOT promised to give up his nukes. The original US demand was "Complete, Verifiable Irreversible Denuclearization" and now it is work to denuclearize the Korean peninsula - this can (will?) be interpreted by the NK as complete US nuclear disarmament. This is the same shit signed 25 years ago by Kim's father. 

This was a photo opp to let Trump shower praise on a brutal murderous dictator and the half-wits are fawning over it.

I'd like for your pessimistic assessment to be proven wrong - but, we've got history that supports it.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Expatriated said:

Gov. give it a rest. You lost this round. Be a man and own it.

• Downvote 3

47 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

While I can accept he may have said that in jest, his history of doing just that suggests it is a very real possibility.

41 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Trump is on the left?  Who knew. 

He has been a Democrat.

2 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:
3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He has been a Democrat.

duh

Some of the folks here have either an incredibly short memory or they are willfully ignoring reality.

27 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

This ia a positive no matter how you try and spin it. Do I have to quote all of you that said "KIM WILL NEVER GIVE UP HIS NUKES" 

Well he has promised to do just that. It is his only play after all. Any reversal by Kim would result in a redoubling of sanctions and he can not afford that. He has also promised peace and prosperity to his country and while he might get away with double crossing us he might not get a pass from his people if he pushes his country any deeper into poverty. 

Only time will tell but this was a major and unexpected positive. You will all try to spin it in a negative light but you will fail (flail) at it. 

It make Trudeau's pre summit antics  look small and weak. What a pussy. And I loved Trump's comment to Stephanopoulos. "That's gonna cost him a lot of money"

Remember who we are dealing with Jack.

danzcolorplus6361.jpg

36 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Perhaps we should wait and see if he does what he is alleged to have promised.  You know, that history of reneging on agreements is rather substantial.

Just like that of President Trump.

23 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I'd like for your pessimistic assessment to be proven wrong - but, we've got history that supports it.   

That is the whole point.

While this is good news - so far - I have zero confidence that it will amount to anything real unless the USA is willing to give up the store.

So far it's a photo op - nothing more.

I hate to say it but the Heritage Foundation expert nailed it.

This is very disappointing. Each of the four main points was in previous documents with NK, some in a stronger, more encompassing way. The denuke bullet is weaker than the Six Party Talks language. And no mention of CVID, verification, human rights.

So we are going to decouple militarily from South Korea, i.e. remove troops and cancel joint military exercises, for vague promises. If the American people buy this tomfoolery they deserve everything they get

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

This is very disappointing. Each of the four main points was in previous documents with NK, some in a stronger, more encompassing way. The denuke bullet is weaker than the Six Party Talks language. And no mention of CVID, verification, human rights.

So we are going to decouple militarily from South Korea, i.e. remove troops and cancel joint military exercises, for vague promises. If the American people buy this tomfoolery they deserve everything they get

Nailing Happy Hillary Malarkey will now pronounce them "Loonie Lefties".

Just now, Bus Driver said:

Nailing Happy Hillary Malarkey will now pronounce them "Loonie Lefties".

Sad. The Heritage Foundation has gone to the left.

Just now, badlatitude said:

Sad. The Heritage Foundation has gone to the left.

Loosers.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

All sizzle, no steak.  Based on Klinger's observations not much sizzle either.

1 minute ago, jerseyguy said:

All sizzle, no steak.  Based on Klinger's observations not much sizzle either.

This is Neville Chamberlain level diplomacy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

What do you expect from the group that thought up the individual mandate. Socialisticalists. 

Once upon a time some political scientist coined the phrase "politics of announcement."  Essentially a seemingly important announcement is made (like the Kim-Trump statement) and the media, public, the political establishment, and even Wall Street react positively. POTUS' job approval ratings go up.  Days, weeks, months, even years go by.  Attention is turned to other matters. Little, if anything, of substance is accomplished.  But it doesn't matter because the benefits have been realized as a result of the announcement. Or as the French might say, plus ca change, plus ca la meme chose.

15 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

This is Neville Chamberlain level diplomacy.

Good observation.

Lets hope we don't end up with similar outcomes.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Good observation.

Lets hope we don't end up with similar outcomes.

It's in the Senate's hands now.

So? They just do what they're told.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

While I can accept he may have said that in jest, his history of doing just that suggests it is a very real possibility.

He made no such joke in his interview with Stephanopoulos.  

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Perhaps we should wait and see if he does what he is alleged to have promised.  You know, that history of reneging on agreements is rather substantial.

Just like that of President Trump.

Has Kim Jong-Un  ever reneged on a signed agreement? Well?

• Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Why would he do that? He got everything he could have dreamed of. 

17 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Do you like your Yoo Hoo served with ice, or just chilled?  What about the new fancy flavors, yea or nay?

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Do you like your Yoo Hoo served with ice, or just chilled?  What about the new fancy flavors, yea or nay?

was that ba yes or no.

• Downvote 3

20 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Why would he do that? He got everything he could have dreamed of. 

What did he get? A propaganda photo op?  The sanction remain, the troops remain; what did he get. You made the statement now give us this "Dream" list or things Kin got?

• Downvote 2

He got the joint SK and US military exercises cancelled. Don't underestimate the PR effect of seeing Kim with Trump on the North Koreans.

13 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

What did he get? A propaganda photo op?  The sanction remain, the troops remain; what did he get. You made the statement now give us this "Dream" list or things Kin got?

Trump gave Kim dignity and worldwide acceptance. Something that reasonable people puke over.

Military exercises are over and what did the U.S. get in return? Nothing.

No changes in repression of North Korean people, Kim is the most extreme dictator since Nazi Germany, he could machine gun people today for all that accord did to stop it. 

Sanctions are relaxed, which mean Russia and China can prop Kim up to their heart's content, and our allies are choking on the hypocrisy.

Riches from a Trump Hotel deal, Kim is a dictator who did you think would get the money? The people? Ha Ha.

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

He made no such joke in his interview with Stephanopoulos.  

Did any say the interview was with Stephanopoulos? Its just after he tell them to heat shield better to avoid detection....

27 minutes ago, Expatriated said:

He got the joint SK and US military exercises cancelled. Don't underestimate the PR effect of seeing Kim with Trump on the North Koreans.

True. And for signing a worthless 'agreement' with Kim, Trump steers the headlines away from his disastrous G7 appearance. There's nothing substantial in this 'agreement', certainly nothing treaty-wise requiring Senate approval. While a photo-op is better than tweeting belligerent insults at Lil Kim, there's nothing there. Obama got a far better deal from the Iranians. 

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

True. And for signing a worthless 'agreement' with Kim, Trump steers the headlines away from his disastrous G7 appearance. There's nothing substantial in this 'agreement', certainly nothing treaty-wise requiring Senate approval. While a photo-op is better than tweeting belligerent insults at Lil Kim, there's nothing there. Obama got a far better deal from the Iranians. 

The G7 was and is a disaster for the G6. 

• Downvote 1