Nailing Malarkey Too

Peace in Korea. Nobel prize for Trump.

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I used to think the R party stood for fiscal responsibility and national security. I never found those positions negative, and I was a republican until 2004. Something happened to that party where power took over respect for our national traditions. You personally state that you believe in those same things, yet you continue to be a Republican. Why?

I think you intentionally mistake my pushing back against the meme that "R=Evil and Bad" and "D=Tolerant and Good" with support of the stupid things that those in the party do.   My priorities are still better supported by the conservative agenda, although many of those have been marginalized by the fringe elements who are making the most noise.  

I'm no party bot, but I do enjoy pointing out the fallacy of the thought that "if we could only get rid of the Republicans, that everything would be happy-happy joy-joy".  

8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I think you intentionally mistake my pushing back against the meme that "R=Evil and Bad" and "D=Tolerant and Good" with support of the stupid things that those in the party do.   My priorities are still better supported by the conservative agenda, although many of those have been marginalized by the fringe elements who are making the most noise.  

I'm no party bot, but I do enjoy pointing out the fallacy of the thought that "if we could only get rid of the Republicans, that everything would be happy-happy joy-joy".  

tell me what policy positions you hold that are supported by the party. Not just in words, but in actions. 

seems to me the party of fiscal responsibility and international leadership has changed. If it's just the social positions, and given your posts lamenting the state of civil discourse, then I understand why you stick with them. Even though, and it's only my opinion, they are much more divisive as their core value is exclusivity, whereas the liberal view is inclusivity.

Personally, I'd like to see a party like this. But since this doesn't exist, i'll continue to be an independent.

Classical liberalism is a political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties under the rule of lawwith an emphasis on economic freedom. Closely related to economic liberalism, it developed in the early 19th century, building on ideas from the previous century as a response to urbanization and to the Industrial Revolution in Europe and the United States.[1][2][3] Notable individuals whose ideas contributed to classical liberalism include John Locke,[4] Jean-Baptiste Say, Thomas Robert Malthus and David Ricardo. It drew on the classical economic ideas espoused by Adam Smith in Book One of The Wealth of Nations and on a belief in natural law,[5] utilitarianism[6] and progress.[7] The term "classical liberalism" was applied in retrospect to distinguish earlier 19th-century liberalism from the newer social liberalism.[8]

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

tell me what policy positions you hold that are supported by the party. Not just in words, but in actions. 

seems to me the party of fiscal responsibility and international leadership has changed. If it's just the social positions, and given your posts lamenting the state of civil discourse, then I understand why you stick with them. Even though, and it's only my opinion, they are much more divisive as their core value is exclusivity, whereas the liberal view is inclusivity.

Personally, I'd like to see a party like this. But since this doesn't exist, i'll continue to be an independent.

Classical liberalism is a political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties under the rule of lawwith an emphasis on economic freedom. Closely related to economic liberalism, it developed in the early 19th century, building on ideas from the previous century as a response to urbanization and to the Industrial Revolution in Europe and the United States.[1][2][3] Notable individuals whose ideas contributed to classical liberalism include John Locke,[4] Jean-Baptiste Say, Thomas Robert Malthus and David Ricardo. It drew on the classical economic ideas espoused by Adam Smith in Book One of The Wealth of Nations and on a belief in natural law,[5] utilitarianism[6] and progress.[7] The term "classical liberalism" was applied in retrospect to distinguish earlier 19th-century liberalism from the newer social liberalism.[8]

to your 1st question?  Strong national defense, responsible immigration management, reasonable regulatory environment (financial/environmental/social/etc) that's not over-reaching and inhibits economic growth, responsible taxation (the Rs have failed miserably at this in recent terms), responsible spending policy and a focus on the economy.  I think we'd all agree that while much of the current platform is focused on the economy, that that focus isn't going to benefit US, and should be changed.  I don't think that SJW causes ought to take precedence over what I consider to be more important matters like national security and the domestic economy.   
I don't think that the laws of the country should treat any citizen as a lesser person than any other citizen, but, I don't think that they should make them more-equal by way of inclusion in protected classes, and the de-facto establishment of special protections from the behavioral criticsms and critiques that those who aren't members of the protected-class demographic are subject to.   

The current crop of Rs and their platform are a long way from my ideal - but, they're closer than the Ds. 

Would that the 1st bolded part were still true.  Liberals from where I'm sitting seem to be inclusive of everyone who's un-traditional, and seem to enjoy denouncing appreciation of tradition as a detrimental character flaw.  

The italicized part?  I'm right there with you, but absent that?  I've got to decide on a case by case basis which candidate/proposal I support.  Maybe we ought to get busy trying to build the party that espouses what we all seem to desire - I suspect that it's in the middle of both, somewhere, if the fringes haven't killed it dead yet.

2 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Cancelled or suspended? Just a month or so ago you were all calling Trump an IDIOT for derailing the summit by HAVING the joint military exercises.  Now you are having a melt down because he suspended them, as a sign of good faith.  Your Hypocrisy is shining through.

Not holding them at this time was obviously necessary and I said so well beforehand.

Doing it unilaterally without so much as a notification to the SORK's, let alone consultation was the mark of a self obsessed narcissistic arrogant cunt.

It clearly demonstrated to the the SORK's exactly how much they can trust the USA.

23 hours ago, Expatriated said:

He got the joint SK and US military exercises cancelled. Don't underestimate the PR effect of seeing Kim with Trump on the North Koreans.

Yeah?  And?  What is that going to change?  Serious question.  

2 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Cancelled or suspended? Just a month or so ago you were all calling Trump an IDIOT for derailing the summit by HAVING the joint military exercises.  Now you are having a melt down because he suspended them, as a sign of good faith.  Your Hypocrisy is shining through.

Yeah, I'm chuckling about that too.

2 hours ago, chinabald said:

Name me one 1st or 2nd world country that sees NK, or Kim specifically, in a higher standing today then it did prior to the meeting?

I would say its likely the opposite.  They probably looked at Kim fawning about at trump's feet and his being in awe of being outside of NK as proof he is just a child.  I'm betting most leaders take him less seriously now.  

Edit:  In all fairness, the ONLY danger I see to allowing jonger onto the world stage is his own elevated sense of self-worth could perhaps cause him to do something rash because now he thinks he is a "player".

45 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yeah?  And?  What is that going to change?  Serious question.  

It marginally helps him preserve and increase his power in NK. It validates him as standing up to the US and getting what he wants. This sets an example for others,

After Iraq and Libya I am sure that many dictators know that with nuclear weapons comes regime safety.

Trump lauding enemies and scorning friends will cause many countries to re-think foreign and defense policies. The USA is no longer a trusted ally.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Expatriated said:

It marginally helps him preserve and increase his power in NK. It validates him as standing up to the US and getting what he wants. This sets an example for others,

After Iraq and Libya I am sure that many dictators know that with nuclear weapons comes regime safety.

Trump lauding enemies and scorning friends will cause many countries to re-think foreign and defense policies. The USA is no longer a trusted ally.

I wish I didn't agree with most of this..... 

19 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I wish I didn't agree with most of this..... 

It is easily within South Korean and Japanese industrial capabilities to build an effective nuclear bomb quickly. One of the main reasons to test warheads is to validate the simulations software used in designing them. Once the validation is done little high-yield testing is required. For a multi-stage warhead (aka Hydrogen bomb) there is really only a need to test the primary. 

Time to get scared If we see more countries overtly or covertly building out a nuclear capability. 

48 minutes ago, Expatriated said:

Is there power to be had in NK that he does not already own? 

23 hours ago, RKoch said:

Is that why the Koch Bros are spending millions to fight Cheetolinis tariffs? Sounds like they're concerned for the impact on US business.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/koch-network-plans-to-spend-millions-to-fight-trumps-tariffs.html

Self interest is a strong motivator.

Really odd to hear a loony lefty saying what's good for the Koch Brothers must be good for America. 

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Self interest is a strong motivator.

Really odd to hear a loony lefty saying what's good for the Koch Brothers must be good for America. 

Reading comprehension not your strong suit.

"Concerned for the impact on US businesses". That's a completely different matter than concern for impact on US workers, consumers, tax-payers, or US in general....of which the Koch Bros have none.

36 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Kim was exposed to the west. Schools and as a playboy in Europe until daddy dear died. I think he correctly realized being daddy's son would carry him only so far and the older generals and relatives might try to take out the inexperienced kid.  So he has brutally asserted his authority and eliminated potential threats.  

In our way of thinking that is evil, in his it was probably self preservation, self defense. As for the plight of prisoners and dissidents etc. I liken it to east germany. The leaders and authorities in East Germany were similarly brutal to their own  people.  After the wall fell there was no rush to prosecute leaders and soldiers or police or prison guards for human rights crimes. Every soldier that shot an unarmed citizen trying to leave the east and his commanders were guilty of a war crime.  After WWII we allowed the Hirohito to remain unprosecuted and as the monarch of Japan and protected the Royal families from prosecution for their obvious participation in war crimes of unimaginable magnitude. 

Heads of state such as Queen Elizabeth and US presidents received Hirohito openly.  

I suppose we could tell kim he is a monster and as soon as he gives up his WMDs and moves the artillery way out of range of Seoul we intend to prosecute him and other NK leaders for crimes against humanity. That would probably be better than praising him a little and offering him a chance to do right by his people.  

• Downvote 1

You should learn to call it by what it is, this administration has a problem, they lack the courage to call out anyone, even those that would insult them to their very core.

Republican Leaders Silent Full Day After Congressman Retweets Neo-Nazi - Talking Points Memo

Source: TPM

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) retweeted a neo-Nazi on Tuesday morning. He has faced no consequences for the tweet, and the leaders of his party have so far remained silent. 

Europe is waking up…Will America…in time? https://t.co/GqZ3E1lCyh 

— Steve King (@SteveKingIA) June 12, 2018 

Mark Collett, whom King retweeted, isn’t quiet about his beliefs. According to HuffPost, he’s called himself a Nazi sympathizer, expressed admiration for Adolf Hitler and was the subject of the 2002 documentary “Young, Nazi, and Proud.” 

A year ago, he joined former KKK grand wizard David Duke for an hour-long discussion on, per Duke’s website, “the massive violence that continues to be inflicted on the world by the Jewish dominated left.”

Read more: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/republican-leaders-silent-full-day-after-congressman-retweets-neo-nazi 

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I would say its likely the opposite.  They probably looked at Kim fawning about at trump's feet and his being in awe of being outside of NK as proof he is just a child.  I'm betting most leaders take him less seriously now.  

Edit:  In all fairness, the ONLY danger I see to allowing jonger onto the world stage is his own elevated sense of self-worth could perhaps cause him to do something rash because now he thinks he is a "player".

It only works if we assume he is sane and rational. If he is he has wants and desires. Maybe Trump is the right person to intuitively sniff out and play to his needs. Maybe that really is a Trump skill set. 

Like all of you and even Trump I can't predict the final outcome but as long as we are at this juncture why not play it out and hope Kim responds to the positive attention and wants to expand it. 

What is the down side if we have to return to the status quo?

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, chinabald said:

Name me one 1st or 2nd world country that sees NK, or Kim specifically, in a higher standing today then it did prior to the meeting?

Let's flip that around...

Name me one 1st or 2nd world country that DOESN'T see the US in a LOWER standing today then it did prior to the meeting?

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

You should learn to call it by what it is, this administration has a problem, they lack the courage to call out anyone, even those that would insult them to their very core.

Republican Leaders Silent Full Day After Congressman Retweets Neo-Nazi - Talking Points Memo

Source: TPM

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) retweeted a neo-Nazi on Tuesday morning. He has faced no consequences for the tweet, and the leaders of his party have so far remained silent. 

Europe is waking up…Will America…in time? https://t.co/GqZ3E1lCyh 

— Steve King (@SteveKingIA) June 12, 2018 

Mark Collett, whom King retweeted, isn’t quiet about his beliefs. According to HuffPost, he’s called himself a Nazi sympathizer, expressed admiration for Adolf Hitler and was the subject of the 2002 documentary “Young, Nazi, and Proud.” 

A year ago, he joined former KKK grand wizard David Duke for an hour-long discussion on, per Duke’s website, “the massive violence that continues to be inflicted on the world by the Jewish dominated left.”

Read more: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/republican-leaders-silent-full-day-after-congressman-retweets-neo-nazi 

That's why I never retweet or tweet period. If you can prove to me that KIng  knew who Mark Collett was then you have an issue. If it just that King is against mass uncontrolled boat lift (the photo in the tweet) immigration and did not know Collet's background then that puts him squarely in the same basket as Obama doesn't it? Haitian deportations? Ring any bells? And your outrage is manufactured  and opportunistic. 

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Like all of you and even Trump I can't predict the final outcome but as long as we are at this juncture why not play it out and hope Kim responds to the positive attention and wants to expand it. 

You are expressing a hope for a change in the way things have been.  Used to be a punchline.

4 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

Let's flip that around...

Name me one 1st or 2nd world country that DOESN'T see the US in a LOWER standing today then it did prior to the meeting?

Hell, Canada's opinion of the current US was rock-bottom before the meeting.

3 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

That's why I never retweet or tweet period. If you can prove to me that KIng  knew who Mark Collett was then you have an issue. If it just that King is against mass uncontrolled boat lift (the photo in the tweet) immigration and did not know Collet's background then that puts him squarely in the same basket as Obama doesn't it? Haitian deportations? Ring any bells? And your outrage is manufactured  and opportunistic. 

King has a history and his silence and that of his Congressional leadership leave much to be desired. If you are going to stand for anything in a Democracy it should be firmly against Nazism.

"The amplification of a neo-Nazi is the latest in a years-long stream of similar actions from the Iowa congressman. In December, he tweeted “Diversity is not our strength” and attributed a quote to the right-wing Hungarian Prime Minister Victor Orban: “Mixing cultures will not lead to a higher quality of life but a lower one.” Following President Donald Trump’s January State of the Union address, King told TPM “the Congressional Black Caucus took a knee nearly all night.”

In March of last year, King was able to garner a rare response from his Republican colleagues when he tweeted “[Anti-muslim Dutch politician Geert] Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny. We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.” 

“I don’t think that statement reflects what is special about this country,” Speaker Ryan responded the following night in an interview with Fox News’ Brett Baier. He added, though: “I would like to think — and I haven’t spoke to Steve about this — I would like to think he misspoke, and it wasn’t meant the way it sounds, and I hope he’s clarified that.”

Nope: Hours earlier, King had stood by his comments in an interview with CNN.

Three days later, King told The Hill: “My colleagues have generally been coming by and patting me on the back. And a surprising number have said that they pray for me. And, meaning they support me and they agree with me, a surprising number.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/republican-leaders-silent-full-day-after-congressman-retweets-neo-nazi

The Republican Party is broken, I hope it isn't broken beyond repair.

• Like 1

Just now, Bus Driver said:

You are expressing a hope for a change in the way things have been.  Used to be a punchline.

What? Because Obama screwed us royalty with his Hope and Change pony show; no one can use the word Hope anymore? The left loves it's word games. Use the words they dictated for an ever growing list of situations or risk getting labeled and losing everything. Liberal language police are pure evil incarnate. Fuck you and the hypocrisy you rode in on. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

But we're talking Trump here.  Every time you think we've hit rock bottom, the bar gets lowered. 

MAGA!

8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Until they need milk or cheese and they head to Blaine or other border towns for a dairy and gasoline run. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Kirwan said:

But we're talking Trump here.  Every time you think we've hit rock bottom, the bar gets lowered. 

MAGA!

It really must suck to know you have thrown every insult known to politics and a few original ones as well with no effect. 

There must be no frustration worse that hating someone this much and not having the vocabulary to express it. 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

What? Because Obama screwed us royalty with his Hope and Change pony show; no one can use the word Hope anymore? The left loves it's word games. Use the words they dictated for an ever growing list of situations or risk getting labeled and losing everything. Liberal language police are pure evil incarnate. Fuck you and the hypocrisy you rode in on. 

Looks like you need to take a break from the interwebs.  Maybe take a cruise?

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Jack is right.  'Grab', 'pussy' and 'stormy' are still trending well.

3 hours ago, Expatriated said:

I would say it increased his power in NORK a bunch more than marginally. This puts him well beyond where Pops & Gramps ever got.

3 hours ago, chinabald said:

O/K then - security of power.

On 6/12/2018 at 9:45 AM, Bus Driver said:

And, if that should come to pass, there are some loyal folks right here in PA who will take that excuse and defend it.

Sad.  Bigly.

Well of course.  The commander and chief deserves no less.

13 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:
On 6/12/2018 at 9:45 AM, Bus Driver said:

And, if that should come to pass, there are some loyal folks right here in PA who will take that excuse and defend it.

Sad.  Bigly.

Well of course.  The commander and chief deserves no less.

Uh, it's Commander in Chief.  You could fuck up a wet dream.

2 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

It really must suck to know you have thrown every insult known to politics and a few original ones as well with no effect. 

Well apart from the desired effect of getting you to respond. 

Winning.

2 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

no one can use the word Hope anymore? 

Not since she quit when the obstruction questions started landing too close to home. 

44 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Not since she quit when the obstruction questions started landing too close to home. 

She’s dreamy........

Shepherd Smith -

“Kim Jong Un got it all, for actually doing nothing”

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Uh, it's Commander in Chief.  You could fuck up a wet dream.

I stand corrected.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yeah, I'm chuckling about that too.

Careful. Bus Driver is on a rant about that comment.  Demanding names and cites.  Because he personally doesn’t remember those conversations, they could not possibly have taken place. 

28 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Careful. Bus Driver is on a rant about that comment.  Demanding names and cites.  Because he personally doesn’t remember those conversations, they could not possibly have taken place. 

Bullshit. I suggested nothing of the kind. You never posted any names, but the one who did got a “thanks” from me. 

So, asking for a cite to support an allegation is “on a rant”. 

7 hours ago, Expatriated said:

Revolution in NK would be a very messy business. It might be for the best Kim stay in power. Simply knocking him off and expecting good things? Bush the Dumber/Underpants Gnome thinking. 

Trump may have done the right thing at the right time. Yeah, there is a high percentage Kim is pulling Lucy with the football on us again, but there is also a very distinct chance China has had enough. Their one and only one sure rule has been "do NOT destabilize the region" and the completion of his nuke program, in direct defiance of China's wish, could easily have resulted in the ol' "one last chance...beeeeaaatch" speech. I still believe his little visit to Beijing was in compliance to a summons. 

Trump followed a pretty classic, if risky, strategy of the stronger entity being the first to lay down the olive branch. He may wind up looking like a damn fool for that, but so far the only thing he's given them is the "ending" of the annual joint forces work-up, which can easily be started right back up again. IF China has taken Lil' Kim to the wood-shed, it's worth a try. 

Trump win?

https://y.yarn.co/df73b7aa-f5f1-4aa6-90b4-f61998d993ab.mp4?1528937268674

Trump claims parents of Korean War MIAs asked his help. Another obvious lie, as they would be at least 100 years old, and more likely 110-120.

OUKuYvx3_bigger.jpg

Trump tells Fox that parents of soldiers killed in the Korean War asked him on the campaign trail to bring their sons home. (Absolute minimum age of such a parents is 101 years old. Probable age 110 to 120.) pic.twitter.com/coIjMAe

Even the parents of Vietnam MIA's would be getting up there - the vets are retired grey hairs FFS.

There really is no bottom to this man's idiocies and lies.

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Even the parents of Vietnam MIA's would be getting up there - the vets are retired grey hairs FFS.

There really is no bottom to this man's idiocies and lies.

I'm a bit too young for Vietnam, and my parents are in their mid-80s. 

1 hour ago, Mark K said:

Revolution in NK would be a very messy business. It might be for the best Kim stay in power. Simply knocking him off and expecting good things? Bush the Dumber/Underpants Gnome thinking. 

Trump may have done the right thing at the right time. Yeah, there is a high percentage Kim is pulling Lucy with the football on us again, but there is also a very distinct chance China has had enough. Their one and only one sure rule has been "do NOT destabilize the region" and the completion of his nuke program, in direct defiance of China's wish, could easily have resulted in the ol' "one last chance...beeeeaaatch" speech. I still believe his little visit to Beijing was in compliance to a summons. 

Trump followed a pretty classic, if risky, strategy of the stronger entity being the first to lay down the olive branch. He may wind up looking like a damn fool for that, but so far the only thing he's given them is the "ending" of the annual joint forces work-up, which can easily be started right back up again. IF China has taken Lil' Kim to the wood-shed, it's worth a try. 

Trump win?

Sorry guys, can't be fucked reading the previous 11 pages.

Trump has made the obvious steps towards a resolution to this ridiculous situation. I still think he's an unqualified clown, but props to him for ignoring the establishment and behaving like an adult.

9 minutes ago, Battlecheese said:

Trump has made the obvious steps towards a resolution to this ridiculous situation. I still think he's an unqualified clown, but props to him for ignoring the establishment and behaving like an adult.

Hahahahaha.

52 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
1 hour ago, Battlecheese said:

Hahahahaha.

He didn't say an adult of any particular species.

800px_COLOURBOX1299220.jpg

3 hours ago, RKoch said:

Trump claims parents of Korean War MIAs asked his help. Another obvious lie, as they would be at least 100 years old, and more likely 110-120.

OUKuYvx3_bigger.jpg

Trump tells Fox that parents of soldiers killed in the Korean War asked him on the campaign trail to bring their sons home. (Absolute minimum age of such a parents is 101 years old. Probable age 110 to 120.) pic.twitter.com/coIjMAe

You are such a dick.  First you take a shot at a 11 year old.  Now you are attacking families of dead soldiers.  Here is what he actually said: 

"I must have had just countless calls and letters and tweets, anything you can do — they want the remains of their sons back," he said. "They want the remains of their fathers, and mothers, and all of the people that got caught into that really brutal war, which took place, to a large extent, in North Korea. And I asked for it today, and we got it."

Referring  to fallen soldiers as our sons  does not mean parents were making The request.  

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Bullshit. I suggested nothing of the kind. You never posted any names, but the one who did got a “thanks” from me. 

So, asking for a cite to support an allegation is “on a rant”. 

Other posters remembered the conversations   You called me out implying I was making it up.  Unless I claimed YOU personally posted something  - demanding multiple cites and names for a discussion on PA that has already been verified by multiple posters is the real BULLSHIT.  Suck it up 

13 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

You are such a dick.  First you take a shot at a 11 year old.  Now you are attacking families of dead soldiers.  Here is what he actually said: 

"I must have had just countless calls and letters and tweets, anything you can do — they want the remains of their sons back," he said. "They want the remains of their fathers, and mothers, and all of the people that got caught into that really brutal war, which took place, to a large extent, in North Korea. And I asked for it today, and we got it."

Referring  to fallen soldiers as our sons  does not mean parents were making The request.  

"Thousands of people asked me...thousands, many thousands...bring our sons back home"

Its him speaking on the video. He said it. As usual, you're lying to defend the indefensible. Sad.

42 minutes ago, RKoch said:

"Thousands of people asked me...thousands, many thousands...bring our sons back home"

They were just a tiny part of the crowd at his inauguration

10 hours ago, Mark K said:

Trump win?

Careful Mark.  You will be labeled a "Sucker of Dick, trump, one each" for that statement. 

I've said pretty much all of that here already, and I've been labeled a trump lover as a result by some. 

I agree with you......  the trip to jyhna was a "come to jesus" meeting.  Even staunch critics of trump are reluctantly saying that his over the top Fire & Fury rhetoric likely had an impact of bringing Lil Kimmy to the table.  If nothing else, it made china nervous knowing there were two unstable players hurling insults at each other and they needed to put a stop to this.    

I continue to say we have lost nothing here that we either couldn't turn back on or that we didn't have in the first place.  Everyone is bitching mightily that trump dared to talk to kim and give him an audience.  I've asked what NOT doing that got us in the past and the answer is a big fat nothing other than a nuclear armed Norkistan with ballistic missiles that can now reach the US.  So it seems that past strategery didn't work out well for us before, so why not try something new?

17 minutes ago, Mid said:
25 minutes ago, chum said:

Aung San Suu Kyi obama has managed to take most of the shine of the Nobel , may as well give it to tRump and make it completely irrelevant .

FIFY

6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
2 hours ago, chum said:

This could be a good thing.

Think what a slap in the face it will be when he doesn't get it.

The thought of anything good coming out of this initiative and trump getting any credit just horrifies you and your elk, doesn't it?

Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

The thought of anything good coming out of this initiative and trump getting any credit just horrifies you and your elk, doesn't it?

Holy shit you and your elk can be humourless knee jerk assholes.

16 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
18 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Holy shit you and your elk can be humourless knee jerk assholes.

Yeah, except the numerous other people here and on the national stage in your elk herd saying the exact same thing leads me to believe its not a joke.  Just saying.

Asked afterward if he deserved the honor, Trump said: “Everyone thinks so, but I would never say it.”

Idiot narcissist.

Scoop: Classified Israeli report raises doubts over Trump-Kim summit

Source: Axios

Barak Ravid of Israel's Channel 10 news 3 hours ago 

A classified report from Israel's foreign ministry raises doubts over President Trump's optimistic statements about his summit with Kim Jong-un, and determines the U.S. retreated from its positions on several issues relating to North Korea's nuclear program. 

Behind the scenes: The classified report, which I obtained a copy of, provides an initial analysis of the summit. It was circulated yesterday by the research department of the Israeli foreign ministry to all Israeli embassies around the world and to many senior officials at the Prime Minister's office and other government agencies. 

Two main points: 

The summit left many question marks. There are substantive gaps between U.S. policy statements before the summit on the need for "full, irreversible and verifiable" denuclearization and the joint statement signed at the end of the summit, which only referred to "complete denuclearization." 

Trump's readiness to accept Kim's demand to halt U.S. military exercises with South Korea is a retreat by the U.S. and an acceptance of China's "freeze-for-freeze" approach. The Israeli foreign ministry analysts note that the U.S. had previously rejected the Chinese position.

Read more: https://www.axios.com/israel-casts-doubt-on-success-of-north-korea-summit-8a15d92d-6f4b-41a1-8bba-a8a68377f4b1.html 

Just now, badlatitude said:

Scoop: Classified Israeli report raises doubts over Trump-Kim summit

Source: Axios

Barak Ravid of Israel's Channel 10 news 3 hours ago 

A classified report from Israel's foreign ministry raises doubts over President Trump's optimistic statements about his summit with Kim Jong-un, and determines the U.S. retreated from its positions on several issues relating to North Korea's nuclear program. 

Behind the scenes: The classified report, which I obtained a copy of, provides an initial analysis of the summit. It was circulated yesterday by the research department of the Israeli foreign ministry to all Israeli embassies around the world and to many senior officials at the Prime Minister's office and other government agencies. 

Two main points: 

The summit left many question marks. There are substantive gaps between U.S. policy statements before the summit on the need for "full, irreversible and verifiable" denuclearization and the joint statement signed at the end of the summit, which only referred to "complete denuclearization." 

Trump's readiness to accept Kim's demand to halt U.S. military exercises with South Korea is a retreat by the U.S. and an acceptance of China's "freeze-for-freeze" approach. The Israeli foreign ministry analysts note that the U.S. had previously rejected the Chinese position.

Read more: https://www.axios.com/israel-casts-doubt-on-success-of-north-korea-summit-8a15d92d-6f4b-41a1-8bba-a8a68377f4b1.html 

Looking more and more like a "Fart of a Deal".

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Looking more and more like a "Fart of a Deal".

This kind of news makes me wonder if Jack has a 'sob' pillow that drowns out his moaning.

8 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

How's that wall y'all voted for coming along?

3 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

How's that wall y'all voted for coming along?

So, Trump turned Jeffie into a commie loving defeatist. Amazing.

10 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I continue to say we have lost nothing here that we either couldn't turn back on or that we didn't have in the first place.  

That is true. The US lost the respect from the rest of the world after Sandy hook when the gun lobby that holds the politicians to ransom decided that a few thousand children  each year being killed is a small price to pay for continuing to enjoy their hobby. 

Chairman Trump was right. It would be nice to make America great again. 

• Like 1

Trump Says He got The Korean Idea..from Putin..TPM

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/its-almost-like-a-pattern 

From The Wall Street Journal, January 18, 2018. The reference to “around the same time” is summer 2017, just after President Trump met with Vladimir Putin in Hamburg at the G-20 Summit......Around the same time, Mr. Trump had an idea about how to counter the nuclear threat posed by North Korea, which he got after speaking to Russian President Vladimir Putin : If the U.S. stopped joint military exercises with the South Koreans, it could help moderate Kim Jong Un’s behavior.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I believe we all want to see real progress on the NOrK issue. What sticks in our collective craw is the notion that it’s Trump's brilliance that makes the difference. Any progress will be in spite of Trump, not because of Trump. The turning point was JKU getting nukes and a delivery system. Nothing would have brought him to earnest negotiations prior to this milestone. And the earnestness remains to be seen, but it’s possible.

The Donald has walked on water AGAIN and the left fails to acknowledge it.  

4 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

We even have a pic

Image result for donald trump walks on water

Trump unquenchable respect for unfettered power is the main take-away from this "summit".  Making North Korea great again.

0c1f0322979bcd5eaf74dc5ff6b6ef89.png.f83bed19e3e589dd15b2eeb4e28dc012.png

Really, what is the POTUS doing?  Please Trumptards, defend this.  

20 minutes ago, kmacdonald said:

Who are 'the left' Ronald? Smoke another Cigarette whilst you compose you next post telling people how stupid they are...

6 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

0c1f0322979bcd5eaf74dc5ff6b6ef89.png.f83bed19e3e589dd15b2eeb4e28dc012.png

Really, what is the POTUS doing?  Please Trumptards, defend this.  

The NK's use metric. The guy with the cool hat just asked Chairman Trump how tall 6 feet is.

9 hours ago, RKoch said:

Trump Says He got The Korean Idea..from Putin..TPM

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/its-almost-like-a-pattern 

From The Wall Street Journal, January 18, 2018. The reference to “around the same time” is summer 2017, just after President Trump met with Vladimir Putin in Hamburg at the G-20 Summit......Around the same time, Mr. Trump had an idea about how to counter the nuclear threat posed by North Korea, which he got after speaking to Russian President Vladimir Putin : If the U.S. stopped joint military exercises with the South Koreans, it could help moderate Kim Jong Un’s behavior.

good fokin grief not an original thought to be had in that boys head ,

and this is what the americans vote for , 

we are doomed .

click play twice ..............

9 hours ago, Sean said:
18 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I believe we all want to see real progress on the NOrK issue. What sticks in our collective craw is the notion that it’s Trump's brilliance that makes the difference. Any progress will be in spite of Trump, not because of Trump. The turning point was JKU getting nukes and a delivery system. Nothing would have brought him to earnest negotiations prior to this milestone. And the earnestness remains to be seen, but it’s possible.

I'm not in anyway suggesting this has anything to do with "brilliance" on trump's part.  I do think a lot of it has to do with a willingness to do something different and not follow "conventional wisdom".  Afterall, conventional "wisdom" got us a nuclear armed NK with ballistic missiles that can now reach the US.  How did the previous "tough" stance and no F2F meetings with NK work out for us?  From my vantage point in the cheap seats - that conventional wisdom got us exactly the opposite of what was intended.  

So tell me..... what's the definition of insanity again?  

Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

what's the definition of insanity

expecting little rocket man to turn round and give up his nukes .

click play twice

10 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

'm not in anyway suggesting this has anything to do with "brilliance" on trump's part.  I do think a lot of it has to do with a willingness to do something different and not follow "conventional wisdom". 

You Jeffy are one of those people who lie about who they voted for.

You have continuously made excuses for the orange fuckwit.  Now it's

"Oh don't worry about the lies and pussy grabbing... look at how he does not follow the "conventional wisdom"!.

Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

On 6/12/2018 at 9:21 AM, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
On 6/11/2018 at 5:51 PM, kmacdonald said:

They'd be doing us a favor if it was Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Philly, DC, and quite a few more.

Do you enjoy behaving like an irredeemable jackass?

What!?! I thought he was redeemable..... can't we get one of those fishing coolers with a ruler on the side when we turn him in, or maybe some sort of Ronco kitchen appliance??

-DSK

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

What!?! I thought he was redeemable..... can't we get one of those fishing coolers with a ruler on the side when we turn him in, or maybe some sort of Ronco kitchen appliance??

-DSK

Turn me in?  I'm scared!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, kmacdonald said:
8 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

Turn me in?  I'm scared!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing that you're too young to remember green stamps.

-DSK

On 6/14/2018 at 4:38 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

Careful Mark.  You will be labeled a "Sucker of Dick, trump, one each" for that statement. 

I've said pretty much all of that here already, and I've been labeled a trump lover as a result by some. 

I agree with you......  the trip to jyhna was a "come to jesus" meeting.  Even staunch critics of trump are reluctantly saying that his over the top Fire & Fury rhetoric likely had an impact of bringing Lil Kimmy to the table.  If nothing else, it made china nervous knowing there were two unstable players hurling insults at each other and they needed to put a stop to this.    

I continue to say we have lost nothing here that we either couldn't turn back on or that we didn't have in the first place.  Everyone is bitching mightily that trump dared to talk to kim and give him an audience.  I've asked what NOT doing that got us in the past and the answer is a big fat nothing other than a nuclear armed Norkistan with ballistic missiles that can now reach the US.  So it seems that past strategery didn't work out well for us before, so why not try something new?

Yeah, pretty much. But we aren't trying anything new to get them to de-nuke. We have abandoned that and have accepted them as a nuclear power, immune to invasion. AFAIC, if the Sorks are down with this it's fine by me. The alternative is war, and if the Sorks and Chinese aren't OK with that neither are we, bottom line.

We shouldn't kid ourselves about this but all but certainly will.