Nailing Malarkey Too

Peace in Korea. Nobel prize for Trump.

1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Here flashdance aka @Raz'r, I'll even throw you a bone.  Given that trump is such a short attention-span child and a narcissist - I think its a coin flip if he will have the energy or attention span to not fuck this up with a stupid tweet at 0400 while he's on the shitter one morning.  I think this is an interesting opening gambit and one that under normal circumstances might have a better than average chance at succeeding under different leadership.  But given who this is, I'm doubtful he can sustain this for years.  And something of this magnitude will take years to bear fruit.  I hope I'm proven wrong, because might honestly be one of the best chances we've had in a long time to solve this impasse.  But I'm only at the coin flip stage.  If someone could take his fucking twatter account away from the cheeto jesus, those odds might go up to 60%.  But I'm not overly optimistic.  But I'm willing to give him the chance and see how this plays out before condemning him. 

The rest of you, as evadent, not so much.

I dunno man, he says he solved it and we can sleep well at night again.

said he could solve the immigrant thing in a day if Democrats would let him.

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

First of all, there is no agreement to abide by right now.  There is an "understanding" to work towards an agreement.  And if and when an agreement ever does get signed, they may or may not abide by it.  We have given NOTHING away so far to get to this point and everything everyone here is whining about that we should have done instead has already been tried and hasn't done happy jack shit so far.  So we're trying a slightly different approach to bring the fat kid to the table.  

If we start withdrawing troops from the DMZ this year and start sending norkistan pallets of cash with nothing concrete to show for it...... then I will be THE first in line to call BS on trump.  But we ain't there yet.  Please, wake me up when you guys have something substantial about this to bitch about.  Until then, its just that...... bitching.  Trust me, there are lots of REAL things to complain about trump.  Daily.  This isn't one of them.  

Meh.

How about trading a signed agreement on  timetable for discussions in exchange for a meeting with the US President, one on one. Have we given that one away, yet?

Or how about... you want us to not have military exercises planned for the fall? Ok, lets have some teams go in and recover remains of fallen US Servicemen and receive cooperation and we will postpone the exercises.

What we've done is given away two bargaining chips and received nothing in return.

25 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

How about trading a signed agreement on  timetable for discussions in exchange for a meeting with the US President, one on one. Have we given that one away, yet?

Or how about... you want us to not have military exercises planned for the fall? Ok, lets have some teams go in and recover remains of fallen US Servicemen and receive cooperation and we will postpone the exercises.

What we've done is given away two bargaining chips and received nothing in return.

Glad you finally acknowledge how great it is to meet President Trump   

As to your points.   We already got three hostages back.  

All this handwringing over an exercise that can be rescheduled at anytime. I would love to know why the left feels the status quo with NK was something to be kept in place for ever.   For decades you have been talking about the suffering masses all over the world.  Do the plight of civilians in NK not matter to your bleeding hearts?  

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

When have I ever said militaries don't need to be prepared?  Making shit up again? I said this was ONE exercise as a gesture of good faith.  FFS, do you think the entire defense of SK is contingent on this one exercise???  Do you think the US and SK have no other exercises ever they do for training???

And you accuse ME of losing my marbles??  JFC, you have literally gone over the deep end lately, flash.  You are losing it.  If this was literally anybody but trump taking this initiative, you would gladly be sucking their dick on national TV.  The TDS is strong with this one..... 

Hey Mitch, I would save up some of your outrage.  This process is going to go on for a long time.  You don't want to run out too early in this marathon, now do you?  Just saying.

ALL military exercises were cancelled, not just one, catching the Pentagon and Seoul completely by surprise. Dotard gave up military preparedness in exchange for a photo-op. Treason. 

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/06/12/pentagon-assessing-trump-directive-to-cancel-korea-military-exercises/

5 minutes ago, RKoch said:

ALL military exercises were cancelled, not just one, catching the Pentagon and Seoul completely by surprise. Dotard gave up military preparedness in exchange for a photo-op. Treason. 

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/06/12/pentagon-assessing-trump-directive-to-cancel-korea-military-exercises/

From your link:

The exercises “do take months to plan but they happen every year so the logistics have been ironed out over the years and it’s easy enough to flex as needed,” Lovett said

5 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

From your link:

The exercises “do take months to plan but they happen every year so the logistics have been ironed out over the years and it’s easy enough to flex as needed,” Lovett said

He didn't get that far. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

From your link:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/u-s-will-end-joint-military-exercises-with-south-korea-president-trump-says-after-summit

"President Donald Trump says he will be ending joint military exercises between the United States and South Korea."

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Becoming a spokesman?  How so?  I'm not cheerleading trump on this.  I just can't stand when there is bitching about something before it even happens.  Your TDS is absolutely no different than the ODS you hated from NGS, Happy, and their elk.  Mitch, sadly you and BL have become the new NGS and folding prop.  I didn't like it out of them anymore than I enjoy watching you guys doing the same thing.  I level plenty of criticism at trump and he deserves 99% of what he gets here.  I just think this is one of those cases where he doesn't.  But that he is doing something unorthodox and getting results (maybe) and bucking conventional wisdom has you guys all fucking atwitter worrying that he might come out of this looking pretty good.  THE HORROR that a POTUS might get some results where preznits for the last 30 years have failed.  Because he's not your guy, you just can't have that.    

Relax and let this play out.  If if Kim Jong Lucy pulls the football away and Trumpie Brown ends up on his back yelling "Good grief!", then I will laugh at him right along with you.  

I think this sums up the situation.   4166fhxJ4yL._PIcountsize-3,TopRight,0,0_

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

From your link:

What a silly and tiresome post.  US troops typically spend 1-2 years in lake SK. Annual drills with their SK counterparts are critical  for readiness.  Why don’t you support our troops?

26 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

What a silly and tiresome post.  US troops typically spend 1-2 years in lake SK. Annual drills with their SK counterparts are critical  for readiness.  Why don’t you support our troops?

Agree. Some sort of regular joint exercises are needed for training and to maintain readiness. Postponing or cancelling ONE exercise isn't that big a deal...or it could have been scaled down. Cancelling ALL future exercises is just plain stupid.

57 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

The word you are attempting to type is “ilk”.

You're not from around here, are you?

There are a number of in-joke malapropisms like that in use here.

So stop casting nasturtiums at the old hands and their elk.

55 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

There are a number of in-joke malapropisms like that in use here.

So stop casting nasturtiums at the old hands and their elk.

Sorry I meant no aspersions towards ilk and their elk 

But genius props to the guy how started calling ilk “elk”

4 hours ago, RKoch said:

Treason? Really?  That seems a bit overly melodramatic. Why not the calls for treason when it’s found out he’s actually done something treasonous?  Like collude with Russia to rig the election?

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

So much of what goes on behind the scenes in this diplo stuff, that the best way to describe what us little people typically see is the tip of the iceberg...and that tip is frequently sporting a heavy coat of mushroom food. All the bigwigs know a person can be smart, but people are dumb panicky animals. This is from that splendid documentary "Men In Black". 

I believe the world's new plan for North Korea is to let them have their nukes but work to open the Hermit Nation, bit at a time. That would be in keeping with the very first plenary party meeting of Kim Un's first days in office. In a nutshell: Build nuclear shield so they can begin the slow transition from that ridiculous million-man army economy to something that could conceivably interact with the rest of the world. 

I see no reason why everybody else should not seek to help that process along, notwithstanding the splendid success a half century of sanctions wrought in transforming Cuba. 

Treason? Really?  That seems a bit overly melodramatic. Why not the calls for treason when it’s found out he’s actually done something treasonous?  Like collude with Russia to rig the election?

Wrecking your economy isn't good enough?

Isn't "giving aid & comfort to the enemy" still regarded as treason?

Vlad  approves your message.

image.jpeg

31 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Wrecking your economy isn't good enough?

Isn't "giving aid & comfort to the enemy" still regarded as treason?

Wrecking our economy?  How's that?

It seems to be doing fine.  Employment is up, credit card debt is being paid off.

7 hours ago, RKoch said:

He also said in the same breath that they would resume if needed. But You are tone deaf to anything outside the truth you want to believe. 

Here is real question for you. Your reply will determine if I ignore you going forward. Your chose m insult or honest answer. 

If Kim, Jong Un begins legitimate movements toward the promises in the joint statement. would you agree that we should hold off on future "provocative joint exercises" and see how it plays out.

Bonus question. Do you acknowledge that the we could resume war games any time we want?

Carrot and big stick. 

• Downvote 2

7 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Glad you finally acknowledge how great it is to meet President Trump   

As to your points.   We already got three hostages back.  

All this handwringing over an exercise that can be rescheduled at anytime. I would love to know why the left feels the status quo with NK was something to be kept in place for ever.   For decades you have been talking about the suffering masses all over the world.  Do the plight of civilians in NK not matter to your bleeding hearts?  

We didn’t get 3 “hostages” back... sorry for your ongoing confusion.

20 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

He also said in the same breath that they would resume if needed. But You are tone deaf to anything outside the truth you want to believe. 

Here is real question for you. Your reply will determine if I ignore you going forward. Your chose m insult or honest answer. 

If Kim, Jong Un begins legitimate movements toward the promises in the joint statement. would you agree that we should hold off on future "provocative joint exercises" and see how it plays out.

Bonus question. Do you acknowledge that the we could resume war games any time we want?

Carrot and big stick. 

Given the numerous times NK has broken treaties or negotiated in bad faith, it takes a special kind of stupid to think they might be 'legitimate' (your word) this time. 

Given that, I would have postponed the exercises scheduled immediately prior to the photo-op. If the NKs wanted to talk, I would continue to hold joint exercises with SK, but scaled them back in size and perhaps moved them a little back from border. 

Just because Supreme Leader agrees to pose for pictures with Dear Leader in Singapore is no reason to trust NK at the negotiating table or slash military readiness with SK. 

And  I don't give a fuck if you fucking moron ignore me or not. 

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

Wrecking our economy?  How's that?

It seems to be doing fine.  Employment is up, credit card debt is being paid off.

You really can't see past the end of the day can you?

Can you say "tariffs"

20 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Carrot and big stick. 

Malarky.thumb.jpg.898b6dbb0ab295984bebe28c68d2e846.jpg

On 6/17/2018 at 6:46 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

Jeffy continuing to defend Trump.

He lied when he said he didn't vote for him.

21 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Employment is up, credit card debt is being paid off.

How about National Debt?  How's that one going?

17 minutes ago, random said:

How about National Debt?  How's that one going?

Americans credit card debt exceeds one trillion dollars. Credit card debt almost always comes down in the first quarter of the year as people start to pay down their holiday shopping spending. Methinks our colleague is looking at the tip of the iceberg.

Looks like Donnie fouled his own bed and destroyed any hope for a Nobel.

Nobel Committee member: Trump is no longer 'moral leader of his country or the world'

Source: The Hill

A member of the Norwegian Nobel Committee is condemning President Trump for the "zero tolerance" immigration policy that has resulted in separated families, saying that the president is "no longer the moral leader of his country or the world." 

"What is happening at the border where he is separating children from their parents is a sign that he is no longer the moral leader of his country or the world," Thorbjorn Jagland, who is also the secretary general of a human rights watchdog, Council of Europe, said, according to Agence-France Press. 

"He cannot speak on behalf of the so-called free world," he added. 

-snip- 

Jagland also said that the decision to withdraw the U.S. from the United Nations Human Rights Council on Tuesday is another example that shows Trump "does not want to be part of international treaties or international cooperation-based organizations." 

Read more: http://thehill.com/latino/393219-nobel-committee-member-trump-is-no-longer-moral-leader-of-his-country-or-the-world