Sign in to follow this  
kurio99

Cup Holders

How or where do you secure your water bottle on a RS700 or Musto Skiff?  This question is to those of you that sail upside down as I often do.  As it stands, the bay is littered with my water bottles.

I use a BEVPACK cooler,securely tied on, only thing fits under my sliding seat carraige on AC.Keeps six pack cold for days.

I use this on my RS700

51Ml-yFm-3L._SL1200_.jpg

Most that I've seen get larger water bottles and trap them between the rack and the deck. I have a pocket on my Swift Solo's spinnaker sock and I put two in there, then often can get two to stay under the sock where the jib track holds it down. I've only lost a couple over the years. 

I saw someone who put bike bottle racks on the inside of the deck by the transom. I don't think this is a good idea. You might be able to rig something with Velcro at the mast base.

@vWAP

Where do you attach it?

I  use this bottle that I picked up from West Marine.  It holds 3 L of water and is soft. I have two small bungee cords that go to either wing. When I want to drink I just pulled the bungee cord take my drink and let it go   Seems the whole plenty of water for the day

IMG_3357.PNG

10 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

Camelback.

Illegal for Dinghy racing as contravenes rule that made weight jackets illegal 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GBR2083 said:

Illegal for Dinghy racing as contravenes rule that made weight jackets illegal 

Yeah, sorry -- I meant in the boat.  Easier to strap down to something than a water bottle.

6 hours ago, Foredeck Shuffle said:

Flasks do not fit in cup holders.  Next question.

They fit well in the zippered pfd pocket...

• Like 1

OH THEY WORK GREAT!

TFF.jpg

Velcro is surprisingly waterproof and effective. You could use some 5200 on one side to your pfd and the other on your water bottle, a reusable one that's flush so it adheres well, not too big either. I've done a version of it before, it worked out okay.

A couple of years ago I started to macrame around mason jars (they're my gimbaled drinks and solar lights which I hang on hooks aboard the mothership). For dinghy sailing I made a couple with a long loop at the top so I can keep my drink around my neck, spill AND leak free thanks to the whole sealed mason jar thing, it is awfully handy and not flying all over the place. We're also really anti-plastic so it ticks that box....mason jars are really tough too, drop it and it rarely breaks.

• Like 1