cpt_757

Wiring Bluesea 8023 dc panel.

This is the wiring diagram for 8023 panel.

I am kind of confused.

there are tiny positive and negative wires under the negative bus.

the diagram said to positive dc and to negative dc.  My old panel did not have those.

where should those 2 go? They are left side close to bottom on this diagram.

the panel has those to connected the circuit board.

this may very novice question, please guide me through.

thank you in advance.

197D372D-4F11-4B41-A8F9-52F3DB1AC9F0.jpeg

Those are for the LED backlighting on the panel lables. The POS should go to the supply to the breakers, the negative to the ground bar.

If you don't want the back lighting on at all times you could add a separate breaker (2amp) and wire the POS to the switched side of the breaker. But they don't draw much, or zero if you turn off the panel supply at the battery switch.

• Like 1

Thank you very much!

Maybe I will connect to instrument lights switch.

13 minutes ago, See Level said:

Those are for the LED backlighting on the panel lables. The POS should go to the supply to the breakers, the negative to the ground bar.

If you don't want the back lighting on at all times you could add a separate breaker (2amp) and wire the POS to the switched side of the breaker. But they don't draw much, or zero if you turn off the panel supply at the battery switch.

So, one more question,

this negative wire can be connect to either ground bus or negative bus?

Negative to DC negative buss.

You could certainly wire POS to the instrument lights, I'd say it depends on how dark the area is where the panel will be located is. You may not want all the instrument lights on sometimes when you want to read the breaker labels.

It is also useful to know more boats have burnt to the waterline by DIY's thinking DC is harmless than the number of hookers the current President of the USA has interfered with...that is a lot of boats.

10 hours ago, Fleetwood said:

Very useful to know when a breaker is on.

Yes, that's why the on/off breaker lights are prewired already and separate from the lights that are being discussed here that backlight the name plate for the breaker.

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

It is also useful to know more boats have burnt to the waterline by DIY's thinking DC is harmless than the number of hookers the current President of the USA has interfered with...that is a lot of boats.

I remember this and will be very careful.

8 hours ago, See Level said:

Yes, that's why the on/off breaker lights are prewired already and separate from the lights that are being discussed here that backlight the name plate for the breaker.

My mistake, one day I'll learn to read what's in front of me!