axolotl

Dennis's take on recent developments

Dennis is always worth listening to.  His take on BAR's sponsorship coup and the possibility of a Canfield challenge.  Also some publicity to sell his latest furniture boat.
Dennis speaks

8 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Dennis is always worth listening to.  His take on BAR's sponsorship coup and the possibility of a Canfield challenge.  Also some publicity to sell his latest furniture boat.
Dennis speaks

Broken Facebook link, any other options?

Just now, mad said:

Broken Facebook link, any other options?

Works great for me if I click on it in my post, don't know what to say.

1 hour ago, Rennmaus said:

Will this work?

Thanks Renn.

checked the reports, The confusion on amount seems to change depending on which currency you’re reading. 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/103420966/ben-ainslie-gets-217m-americas-cup-sponsorship-from-uk-billionaire

$217 million

or here

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/26/sport/ben-ainslie-americas-cup-ineos-sponsor-spt/index.html

£153 or $153 million :P

"NZ can build two boats and the challengers one?" Don't think so.

9 minutes ago, NZL4EVER said:

Maybe he meant building one for the partner team...... those guys from Italy. 

He was quite adamant about the two for one deal .

I was more surprised about the limitation of the challengers not being able to spar among themselves? 

Next up is you have to arrive at the event on your own bottom :)

16 hours ago, NZL4EVER said:

Sort of.  From a presser last November:  
"Teams will be allowed to build two boats, but only one at a time, which the exception of the defender, which is allowed to  two-boat test during the challenger selection trials."

10 hours ago, maxmini said:

I was more surprised about the limitation of the challengers not being able to spar among themselves? 

True:

Capture.GIF.08e48c2c3893cf8aaea7173f736837e6.GIF

36 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Sort of.  From a presser last November:  
"Teams will be allowed to build two boats, but only one at a time, which the exception of the defender, which is allowed to  two-boat test during the challenger selection trials."

Correction,  the presser is unclear.  From the Protocol:

Capture.GIF.7fd15631df10301718c11892a3912424.GIF

We can file this  ^ under the defenders prerogative . 

It is in keeping with AC tradition so nothing out of the ordinary and as Dennis said NZ will do everything they can to keep the good sized infrastructure gift from being a one and done . 

16 hours ago, maxmini said:

We can file this  ^ under the defenders prerogative . 

It is in keeping with AC tradition so nothing out of the ordinary and as Dennis said NZ will do everything they can to keep the good sized infrastructure gift from being a one and done . 

^^Dennis said NZ will do everything they can to keep the good sized infrastructure gift from being a one and done . 

The new Resource Consent already calls for infrastructure to remain in place for ten years, ie, two further possible defences.  

What it doesn't spell out is what happens if, 'eavens forbid, a successful challenger carts the Cup overseas again.

In particular, will ETNZ have the right to continue occupation of  the Viaduct Events Centre as it prepares for one or two future challenges?

For those of you who intend to write supporting the Resource Consent, and I hope there are many of you, this is a point worth emphasising.

^ Under that scenario, wouldn't ETNZ move over to LR's premises on Hobson Wharf?

1 hour ago, Xlot said:

^ Under that scenario, wouldn't ETNZ move over to LR's premises on Hobson Wharf?

Seems like  EWaonVLW ISW.  My point ia rho   key iaaauw down nor appear to be covered in he exhaustively detailed Resource Consent.

3 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

Seems like  EWaonVLW ISW.  My point ia rho   key iaaauw down nor appear to be covered in he exhaustively detailed Resource Consent.

But he would say that, wouldn't he?

• Like 1