dylan winter

Much to my surprise I am warming to Fox

Napolitano, Shep Smith, Cavuto and even Wallace are  beginning to behave like real journalists at last

The optics look really bad.

1 minute ago, chum said:

I assume you mean the optics and facts for trump

or maybe you mean the optics of me warming to Fox.... which I admit are pretty bad

D

It’s the former, but at first I did rub my eyes a moment when reading the title.

18 minutes ago, dylan winter said:
19 minutes ago, chum said:

or maybe you mean the optics of me warming to Fox.... which I admit are pretty bad

LOLz..... I actually find watching Fox kind of amusing, and they do seem do be developing in a more responsible direction..... maybe? But I think it's more a case of "Holy shit, they warned us this was a basket of snakes, and I put my foot in it..... SNAKESSSSSS!!!!!"

If you want an insight in the rabid right's mind, stream a little audio of Mark Levin.

15 minutes/day will do it.

He sounds like the guy from the Zyppah commercial, talk about nails on a chalkboard. 

Mark Levin...... Heh...... I have stories that would curl your hair.........

2 minutes ago, warbird said:

Except..... he has.....

Carrier. 

Coal. 

The Wall. 

Mexico paying for the wall. 

Too busy working to golf. 

Yeah, right. 

Tucker Carlson.... Who earns (I said earns, not makes) huge dollars from FOX.....

"The elite in our country is physically separated in a way that’s very unhealthy for a democracy,” he said. Rural America is “really falling apart,” he said, adding that “if you’re running the country, you should have a sense of that."

I somehow doubt that Tucker has any clue about rural America.

I've always enjoyed him. On Crossfire he was a trip!. But he just doesn't get....... I can't see him changing the hydraulic fluid on his tractor.....

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Now there are some fair and balanced sources. Is this what you read all day?

Dabs is smoke inundated.

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

Dabs is smoke inundated.

I don't think warbird is Dabs. Pretty sure, actually, but I don't dispute your post at all. Dabs was living a low-oxygen life judging by his brain-dead posts. warbird is just not very bright, although bright enough to have his Not Guilty sock.

So many odd socks.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I don't think warbird is Dabs. Pretty sure, actually, but I don't dispute your post at all. Dabs was living a low-oxygen life judging by his brain-dead posts. warbird is just not very bright, although bright enough to have his Not Guilty sock.

So many odd socks.

If you say so.... I'm a newbie here, so I don't really know much..... Just seems like cranky old bastards like Dabs, and Warpbird have an awful lot in common...... Maybe just their blood type. Negative.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Tucker Carlson.... Who earns (I said earns, not makes) huge dollars from FOX.....

"The elite in our country is physically separated in a way that’s very unhealthy for a democracy,” he said. Rural America is “really falling apart,” he said, adding that “if you’re running the country, you should have a sense of that."

I've always enjoyed him. On Crossfire he was a trip!. But he just doesn't get....... I can't see him changing the hydraulic fluid on his tractor.....

I've never liked Tucker Carlson. He seems to combine smarmy and snarky in way that is far less than charming, and he's fuckin' stupid. He commits malapropisms and thinks he's as urbane and literate as William F. Buckley

-DSK

• Like 1

Faux covering their asses, they can see the writing on the wall and nobody likes backing a loser, funny as fuck to witness the subtle walk backs, must be agony for Carlson et al.

What about the red hat watchers will they now start questioning shit that that was unquestioned, was logical and  aligned with their party line and mantra?

Or will they switch to infowars or breitbart or some other right wing vitriol?

On 5/10/2018 at 6:59 AM, cmilliken said:

Shep Smith is usually pretty solid IMHO.

She's the only person there that remotely resembles a journalist.

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

I've never liked Tucker Carlson. He seems to combine smarmy and snarky in way that is far less than charming, and he's fuckin' stupid. He commits malapropisms and thinks he's as urbane and literate as William F. Buckley

-DSK

And as my John Bircher 90 year old neighbor likes to tell me, Tucker’s a Goddamn hippy longhair who needs a man’s haircut.......

On 5/9/2018 at 1:02 PM, dylan winter said:

D

If I may, Dylan,  try two things as far as Fox goes-

1- seriously, and with great attention, watch Fox for 1/2 day with the sound off.  Then turn sound up for the rest of the day.  Or the other way around.

2- try day drinking, or, if you do day drink, stop.

keeping a journal can help with this....

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

tucker's a rich little shit who went to trinity, had a dad or an uncle that was an ambassador. he's the "elite". in true fox fashion he makes up a bunch of bullshit that ma & pa kettle  in Rubesville lap up every night.

1 minute ago, Amati said:

1- seriously, and with great attention, watch Fox for 1/2 day with the sound off.  Then turn sound up for the rest of the day.  Or the other way around.

If he drinks, his journal will be unreadable. If he can watch Fox for more than 2 hours with the sound on, he hasn't drunk enough.

2 minutes ago, Amati said:

I suggest mescaline, ether and DMT.

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Ether kills the mescaline, DMT is just a side trip. One at a time is OK. Sequentially, I'd start with the mescaline, do the ether about three hours in, and the DMT when you run out of ether.

8 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Lysergic Acid Diethylmene?  That would be a journey to the Doors of Perception..... :)

https://www.amazon.com/Doors-Perception-Heaven-Hell/dp/0061729078/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544159328&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=door+of+perception&dpPl=1&dpID=61ybO4ucZvL&ref=plSrch

2 minutes ago, Amati said:

Lysergic Acid Diethylmene?  That would be a journey to the Doorways of Perception..... :)

Lysergic Acid Diethylamine 25 to be precise, although I have heard of 26 and 27. Cue the Tyger.

13 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Lysergic Acid Diethylamine 25 to be precise, although I have heard of 26 and 27. Cue the Tyger.

The Tyger of spelling and memory?  Tim would be laughing his ass off at me right now.....

3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

i admit to being an earlier huxley fan.

In an earlier reincarnation as an ethnomusicologist, enjoying the mirthful company of some deadly serious Mescalero Apaches, I apparently talked to a rock for 3 hours.  I did not think he was a rock, and that’s all I’ll say about that.

37 minutes ago, Amati said:

In an earlier reincarnation as an ethnomusicologist, enjoying the mirthful company of some deadly serious Mescalero Apaches, I apparently talked to a rock for 3 hours.  I did not think he was a rock, and that’s all I’ll say about that.

Did you get a lot of backtalk from the rock? Some rocks are quite entertaining.

Watching Fox news on acid.

There's a concept. :blink:

23 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Would that make it make sense?

Take a trip and never leave the farm..... I thought the ones on acid were the presenters, you would have to be, to reach some of the conclusions surely.

56 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It.....it was deeper than that.......:P...no back talk, just the usual desert rock wisdom....

the really entertaining rocks live in the Gulf Islands........:lol:......in the dark green water......uncharted............waiting for a keel.........or the turn of a bilge......

32 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Would that make it make sense?

Take a trip and never leave the farm..... I thought the ones on acid were the presenters, you would have to be, to reach some of the conclusions surely.

That would make the on set laughter not nervous laughter?  

Eeek!

55 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Would it be a funny trip, or a bad trip?   Talk about the Doors of Perception.  Or a voyage of self discovery.  Any TV at all would seem a waste of time? :mellow:

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

They said it was tea......

19 minutes ago, Amati said:

It.....it was deeper than that.......:P...no back talk, just the usual desert rock wisdom....

the really entertaining rocks live in the Gulf Islands........:lol:......in the dark green water......uncharted............waiting for a keel.........or the turn of a bilge......

WAit a minute, I know those rocks...those rocks are friends of mine. We meet often.   

10 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Are you sure you're from rural America?

Because it usually leaks out fast enough to never really need changing on most I've seen.

2 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Are you sure you're from rural America?

Because it usually leaks out fast enough to never really need changing on most I've seen.

Those new fangled machines......

10 hours ago, Amati said:

Any TV at all would seem a waste of time? :mellow:

Monty Python was pretty good.

I know there was some other stuff .....but I can't remember what it was.

20 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Monty Python was pretty good.

I know there was some other stuff .....but I can't remember what it was.

Because you were there!  

:)

7 hours ago, Dog said:

Special Report with Bret Baier...Hands down the best news program on TV. 

Jake Tapper is a LOT better.  Plus he’s an excellent cartoonist. Baier just isn’t that smart.  He’s ok to watch though I prefer Shep.  

I'm back in the US on business and am unfortunately exposed to US cable news whereas I can usually avoid it when I'm out of the country.  CNN is on in the airport, Fox in the hotel lobby, etc.  

I actually find they ALL suck complete hairy balls and I can't stand to listen to them for more than about 5 min max.  I can't seem to find any program on any of the so called MSM cable outlets where there is actual news reporting.  Its nothing but commentary and "analysis".  There is no anchor anymore who just reports the news.  Instead it seems there is always a panel of 4-6 "reporters" who then have to dissect every single fucking thing in the news and tell us what they think about it and what it means. 

And even worse..... it's ALL trump, ALL the time.  I'm am so fucking glad I live out of the country at the moment so I don't have to listen to this BS 24/7.  I'm more than happy to tune it out.

It used to be (10 years ago anyway) that there were distinct segments that were "news" and "commentary/opinion".  That line may have been blurry at times.  But Now there is no line whatsoever.

I don't want to fucking know what reporters think!!!!  I don't want an interpretation of the news.  I just want the facts and I'll decide for myself or if I choose, I'll tune into the opinion hour later on.  

Fuck CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc.  About the only news I can stomach is the BBC, NPR and PBS.  The rest literally sicken me.  

As above, I've been following a couple of female reporters on Twitter and am quite surprised to read their obvious bias. 

There are a lot of R's who have FOX on the telly all day, watching nothing else.  It's voluntary brain washing.

When I try to watch Fox, they just keep going on about "This is what Liberals think/want...(and why you should hate them for it)"

And yes, there are D's who have MSNBC on all day, but  in general, liberals go to more sources;

10-20-2014-2-31-55-PM.png

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I'm back in the US on business and am unfortunately exposed to US cable news whereas I can usually avoid it when I'm out of the country.  CNN is on in the airport, Fox in the hotel lobby, etc.  

I actually find they ALL suck complete hairy balls and I can't stand to listen to them for more than about 5 min max.  I can't seem to find any program on any of the so called MSM cable outlets where there is actual news reporting.  Its nothing but commentary and "analysis".  There is no anchor anymore who just reports the news.  Instead it seems there is always a panel of 4-6 "reporters" who then have to dissect every single fucking thing in the news and tell us what they think about it and what it means. 

And even worse..... it's ALL trump, ALL the time.  I'm am so fucking glad I live out of the country at the moment so I don't have to listen to this BS 24/7.  I'm more than happy to tune it out.

It used to be (10 years ago anyway) that there were distinct segments that were "news" and "commentary/opinion".  That line may have been blurry at times.  But Now there is no line whatsoever.

I don't want to fucking know what reporters think!!!!  I don't want an interpretation of the news.  I just want the facts and I'll decide for myself or if I choose, I'll tune into the opinion hour later on.  

Fuck CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc.  About the only news I can stomach is the BBC, NPR and PBS.  The rest literally sicken me.  

And BBC is fast following the rest whilst pursuing their own little agenda. 

6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

What? You don't like the consequences of the bitch burning?

20 hours ago, Kirwan said:

There are a lot of R's who have FOX on the telly all day, watching nothing else.  It's voluntary brain washing.

When I try to watch Fox, they just keep going on about "This is what Liberals think/want...(and why you should hate them for it)"

And yes, there are D's who have MSNBC on all day, but  in general, liberals go to more sources;

10-20-2014-2-31-55-PM.png

Every year, my family spends the morning of Christmas Eve participating in Santa's Helpers Anonymous, by delivering to families in need a complete Christmas dinner and gifts for children.  A surprising number of these homes have a rather large flat screen TV tuned to Fox.  We made the mistake of asking one man his "story".  He regaled us with tales of how "those blacks" are just sitting at home collecting welfare and it put him where he is.  My son asked what he did for a living.  He said he has been unemployed for 2 years.  I quickly excused us before my son pointed out the irony.

41 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Every year, my family spends the morning of Christmas Eve participating in Santa's Helpers Anonymous, by delivering to families in need a complete Christmas dinner and gifts for children.  A surprising number of these homes have a rather large flat screen TV tuned to Fox.  We made the mistake of asking one man his "story".  He regaled us with tales of how "those blacks" are just sitting at home collecting welfare and it put him where he is.  My son asked what he did for a living.  He said he has been unemployed for 2 years.  I quickly excused us before my son pointed out the irony.

To be fair, it's the unemployment rules too. Unemployment insurance is limited, the recipient can start and stop it to make it last longer, and someone who paid into it their entire career really should draw it out so they can find a productive and well paying career rather than replace their lost job with a minimum wage crap job.

Given this, that guy made himself seem like a Class-1 asswipe.