Guitar

Remembering May 9th

Five years ago today my mom died from Alzheimer's. I got the call in the morning. Later that morning I was online and on SA when the news came in about Bart Simpson. Very sad day and I will always have these two events on my mind every May 9th. Miss my mom, and still morn the loss of Bart.

• Like 6

Fine sentiments. I din't know your mom, but I did know Bart. I know it is usual to talk well of those who have passed, but Bart really was one of those special people who enriched your life just being around them He won't be forgotten. Today is particularly hard on those at Artemis who were involved in the incident and who were deeply effected by what they were directly involved with. There was the agony of the search once they realised he was missing, the time it took to free him and for a few, the rib journey back to shore while the desperately worked on him to try to revive which then continued on the dockside before he was pronounced. 5 years on and it still has an impact on them and my thoughts go out to them, as well as Leah, Freddie and Hamish.

• Like 3

Shitty time. Then and now.

1 hour ago, Team_GBR said:

Fine sentiments. I din't know your mom, but I did know Bart. I know it is usual to talk well of those who have passed, but Bart really was one of those special people who enriched your life just being around them He won't be forgotten. Today is particularly hard on those at Artemis who were involved in the incident and who were deeply effected by what they were directly involved with. There was the agony of the search once they realised he was missing, the time it took to free him and for a few, the rib journey back to shore while the desperately worked on him to try to revive which then continued on the dockside before he was pronounced. 5 years on and it still has an impact on them and my thoughts go out to them, as well as Leah, Freddie and Hamish.

Puts all the bitching and petty arguing in perspective eh...

• Like 2