DanimalNZ

Relevance of T870s

Recommended Posts

Been a while since i've seen any discussion of the T870s.  How are these going these days - still relevant? 

i see a T850 for sale in NZ (Waka), the cool T980 for sale in Vic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still great boats, two race here in Perth: Gypsy and Stand Aside, which just won Div 1 in Geographe Bay race week. It was windy, with downhill speeds upwards of 15 knots.

Stand Aside GBRW.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Awesome

Any word on where Wot If is now?  Was for sale a while back, but then not.  Anyone know if it got sold, or was it taken off the market?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are  the T850 and  T980 posted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any one knows where Wot if is (of the owner), can they pm me, if a t870 is going I could be keen, thanks and cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep one hell of a boat , it has done round north island double handed race and would handle the conditions off Perth no sweat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a blue T870 for sale on Lake Macquarie about a year ago, it was a bargain and had a tin rig but might be worth chasing it up to see what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah - i recall that blue one also, was the name "Wot if", or something ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 4:38 PM, Christian said:

How good a shape is the boat in?  Tempted

"Lead us not into Temptation......"

Christian ...you have no will power to resist sexy sport boats.  Its a weakness and the first step is to acknowledge it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mambo Kings said:

"Lead us not into Temptation......"

Christian ...you have no will power to resist sexy sport boats.  Its a weakness and the first step is to acknowledge it.

My name is Christian and I am an addict....................................But I am not signing up for a 12 step program!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps an 8 or 9 meter program?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Streetwise said:

Perhaps an 8 or 9 meter program?

Raced meter boats for a number of years - moved on.........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't meter boats as a type, I was just riffing on your joke, but thinking about your Viper 830 (RIP).

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Streetwise said:

I didn't meter boats as a type, I was just riffing on your joke, but thinking about your Viper 830 (RIP).

Cheers

All good fun  (not the the lightning induced viking burial of the V)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2018 at 2:35 PM, Christian said:

All good fun  (not the the lightning induced viking burial of the V)

Dont worry Jason, we all know that Christian will never be well until he takes the 6.40 step program.  He has come close to signing up several times but has backed off at the last moment.  It will probably need an intervention .

Viper venom is truly addictive and the only respite is speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mambo Kings said:

Dont worry Jason, we all know that Christian will never be well until he takes the 6.40 step program.  He has come close to signing up several times but has backed off at the last moment.  It will probably need an intervention .

Viper venom is truly addictive and the only respite is speed.

Geez dude - I had one of those for about 4 years.......................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now