Sign in to follow this  
Editor

what are you?

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Editor said:

blunt.jpg

Yes you may. Now, just what are you?

 

Axe bow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sail4beer said:

Center hull for a TNT34?

Center something....tri....old shoebox hull deck joint....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gullwinkle said:

this

Not. Has a forestay attachment at the bow; 110 is 2’ aft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, gullwinkle said:

this

Not a 110.  Seems to much round top and bottom, plus the flat tang area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owner to Naval Architect: I want the biggest volume of a sailboat that fits in a 40' container.
Naval Architect to Owner: You got it chief!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nikolatopic said:

New Class 40, Marc Lombard Yacht Design Group.

most likely, Bob Perry already did a container boat .... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, danielgrow said:

It only makes sense that a "box rule" will ultimately result in boats that look like boxes.

There are girth restrictions in the Class 40's to limit scows from being built , but they still get pretty full up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, madohe said:

100_02921.JPG.4f32b720ffc50fdc708fe7a6678ffc98.JPG

Why, yes it is.....

Sorry that’s a cone...

and a killer one at that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glenn McCarthy said:

Owner to Naval Architect: I want the biggest volume of a sailboat that fits in a 40' container.
Naval Architect to Owner: You got it chief!

Hey dont make fun of Bob's design he's a legend an we dont want to run him off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Not. Has a forestay attachment at the bow; 110 is 2’ aft

I'm not saying it's a 110, but how can you tell that it's a photo of a bow? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schnappi said:

I'm not saying it's a 110, but how can you tell that it's a photo of a bow? 

I got a magic eye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it is an axe bow, frequently seen on multihulls. This one is quite the bastard child of a the above.

I can’t wait to see this one in the water!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, danielgrow said:

It only makes sense that a "box rule" will ultimately result in boats that look like boxes.

Box rules have been in effect for over 3,000 years and, yes, they produce boats that look like boxes.

From the earliest merchant ships, rating rules were invented so lazy-ass customs tax collectors didn't have to haul their butts out of their offices to tally cargo for import taxation and port fees.

greek.jpg.9ef9bfb242c246cd9309ce3024aa7d15.jpg

There was a brief period when the Romans built some low wetted surface designs but the bulk of all ships remained boxes through the US/British War of 1812.

Walvisfluit.jpg

The Americans figured out that it was worth the added fees to get to market first so they could sell their cargo for top prices. The first-to-finish prize. These days the prize is less monetary in nature and more about getting first stab at the racer chasers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

Box rules have been in effect for over 3,000 years and, yes, they produce boats that look like boxes.

From the earliest merchant ships, rating rules were invented so lazy-ass customs tax collectors didn't have to haul their butts out of their offices to tally cargo for import taxation and port fees.

greek.jpg.9ef9bfb242c246cd9309ce3024aa7d15.jpg

There was a brief period when the Romans built some low wetted surface designs but the bulk of all ships remained boxes through the US/British War of 1812.

Walvisfluit.jpg

The Americans figured out that it was worth the added fees to get to market first so they could sell their cargo for top prices. The first-to-finish prize. These days the prize is less monetary in nature and more about getting first stab at the racer chasers.

 

 

What racer chasers? Unless you are talking about the vestiges of Woody’s blown out cougars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sunseeker said:

What racer chasers? Unless you are talking about the vestiges of Woody’s blown out cougars.

Eyuuuuuu! :(  Da Woody has patently lousy taste in sex objects! :(

The commodore's daughter? Wife? The Oscar Delta? They are all on the table, so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

568dcdaa95b82ec4d64e1bd8fa830d8e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VWAP has a good eye for boxes. 

But it reminds me that a good box rule might be how many dollars you paid for your box. Those late '70s and early '80s boxes might be a winner in a Low Bucks Box race.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

Eyuuuuuu! :(  Da Woody has patently lousy taste in sex objects! :(

The commodore's daughter? Wife? The Oscar Delta? They are all on the table, so to speak.

It’s been a long time since we’ve seen real racer chasers, like the twisted sisters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sail4beer said:
9 hours ago, madohe said:

100_02921.JPG.4f32b720ffc50fdc708fe7a6678ffc98.JPG

Why, yes it is.....

Sorry that’s a cone...

and a killer one at that!

GO THE KILLER CONE!!!!!

FB- Doug

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mitre cut said:

ugly, from any angle

ug1.png

Ugly is as ugly does. Let’s see what it does. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2018 at 11:16 AM, 2351 said:

Blunted

hey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugly. Probably fast. Fastest into a land fill? Because its so damn ugly, if it does not win, nobody will want it.

But it does seem rational. 100% left brain. 0% right brain.

Personally, I think the data does not support plumb bows in any event, and much less for full bows. This works better:

image.png.7d1a51086f0770d3abe19b9ef71057fe.pngimage.png.695078249ddd1db2067b5e00535f8982.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 11:09 AM, sunseeker said:

It’s been a long time since we’ve seen real racer chasers, like the twisted sisters.

Or Suzy skank the sperm bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 12:56 AM, Editor said:

blunt.jpg

Yes you may. Now, just what are you?

 

yellow-cheese-triangle-rosemary-herbs-wo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this