Sign in to follow this  
Editor

what is it?

Recommended Posts

I would guess a retractable foil.  The part you cannot see (is inside the boat) is probably curved so as the foil is deployed it reaches a horizontal plane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2savage said:

I would guess a retractable foil.  The part you cannot see (is inside the boat) is probably curved so as the foil is deployed it reaches a horizontal plane.

Right.  But what boat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was nice enough for someone to video that and give it to them or did the driver just forget what he was supposed to be doing and decide to speed trial his boat? 

I couldn't see anything in that video except speed. Are the crew hiking or are they on outriggers? 

I did like the speed though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

It was nice enough for someone to video that and give it to them or did the driver just forget what he was supposed to be doing and decide to speed trial his boat? 

I couldn't see anything in that video except speed. Are the crew hiking or are they on outriggers? 

I did like the speed though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trapeze's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Editor said:

what-is-it-5-17-2.jpg

Well hell, this might be a tough one. Or is it?

New HOT Foiling FT-10m in town ...Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like foil retrofitted on a lifting keel sport boat.  I don't think it is that boat in the video which is flying.  Wrong colours.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone thought that stealing a foil off an Airbus and butchering it onto a boat would make it fly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

It was nice enough for someone to video that and give it to them or did the driver just forget what he was supposed to be doing and decide to speed trial his boat? 

I couldn't see anything in that video except speed. Are the crew hiking or are they on outriggers? 

I did like the speed though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I’m not signing into Facebook to check it out.

i will sign in to see Bob’s work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Editor said:

what-is-it-5-17-2.jpg

Well hell, this might be a tough one. Or is it?

No detail on the boat. But for myself makes sense to have the tip up instead of down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Thanks. I’m not signing into Facebook to check it out.

i will sign in to see Bob’s work 

Such a strange age gap in terms of FB usage.

 

I, and 90% of the people I know, stay logged in to Facebook 24/7. Lots of folks choose not to use it, but I couldn't think of anyone off the top of my head who doesn't stay logged in.

 

As for the question of "what is it", I have no idea, but I do see that nobody has asked the essential question yet of: what's it rate??!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very small keel bulb. If it's not the boat in Jon's video it's something similar - foiling Libera or similar crazy Swiss boat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Para Handy said:

What happens when you hit a log or a seal?

It breaks if it a log, it’s seal sushi if not. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I tried to convince someone to install on Peerless

GTFP

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nepomuk said:

Gonet Monofoiler, Lake Geneva ;)

Monofoiler.png

Right boat https://www.facebook.com/MonofoilGonet/ but not the right palce ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this