Sign in to follow this  
Nailing Malarkey Too

Trump is a Genius. China blinked.

Chinese negotiators are preparing to offer the administration a deal to buy up to $200 billion worth of American goods, which would allow Mr. Trump to claim victory in his campaign to reduce the trade deficit with China and rebalance America’s trade relationship with its biggest economic rival, according to people briefed on the deliberations.

Under the deal being discussed, China would pledge to buy substantially more American goods, including agricultural products like soybeans, as well as semiconductors and natural gas. That could theoretically reduce its trade surplus with the United States — which hit $372.5 billion last year — by up to $200 billion, though the real number would most likely be lower.

In return, China is asking the United States to set aside tariffs and investment restrictions it has threatened against Chinese companies. That includes lifting sanctions on the telecommunications giant ZTE, which faced ruin after losing access to its American suppliers, and relaxing export controls that prevent American companies from selling sensitive technology to China.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/17/us/politics/china-trade-trump-concessions.html

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Trump is playing Chinese checkers and doing a good job stumping dummies like Jack while he takes advantage of $500 million in Chinese loans that benefit him directly.

Jack should have read the entire article:

"Economists say that the purchase by China of $200 billion more in American goods per year — an amount equivalent to more than half of the annual American trade deficit with China — simply is not practical. “The short answer is these are unrealistic numbers,” said Chad Bown, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics.

Even if the Chinese stopped buying other foreign products, like Airbus airplanes from the European Union or soybeans from Brazil, and purchased solely American products, it would add up to only a small fraction of the $200 billion total they are promising to purchase.

“It would even be a stretch to get it to $50 billion,” Mr. Bown said.

That is because the United States economy is already running near its full productive capacity, meaning it would not be able to produce enough new goods to meet Chinese demands, especially in the short term.

In that scenario, the United States would probably stop selling airplanes, soybeans and other exports to other countries and sell them to China instead — shrinking the United States trade deficit with China but leaving the United States trade deficit with the entire world unchanged.

And several categories of military-related equipment that the Chinese want to buy are still restricted by congressional sanctions dating back to China’s bloody crackdown on protests in Tiananmen Square in 1989.

China , and other countries, have experienced leadership and long term professional diplomats. The US has an orange buffoon and his gang that couldn't shoot straight clown car.  In short, another Hapless premature eJACKulation by the gullible cheerleader. What a tool.

2 hours ago, Lying Malarky said:

How much is Chinese access to sensitive technology worth?

About $200 billion.......

Huh? Why would an advanced country like China, with all those fast trains, want any tech from the backward old USA?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

"Economists say that the purchase by China of $200 billion more in American goods per year — an amount equivalent to more than half of the annual American trade deficit with China — simply is not practical. “The short answer is these are unrealistic numbers,” said Chad Bown, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics.

Even if the Chinese stopped buying other foreign products, like Airbus airplanes from the European Union or soybeans from Brazil, and purchased solely American products, it would add up to only a small fraction of the $200 billion total they are promising to purchase.

That is because the United States economy is already running near its full productive capacity, meaning it would not be able to produce enough new goods to meet Chinese demands, especially in the short term.

In that scenario, the United States would probably stop selling airplanes, soybeans and other exports to other countries and sell them to China instead — shrinking the United States trade deficit with China but leaving the United States trade deficit with the entire world unchanged.

And several categories of military-related equipment that the Chinese want to buy are still restricted by congressional sanctions dating back to China’s bloody crackdown on protests in Tiananmen Square in 1989.

HAHAHAHA!!!! Thanks BL, that’s priceless.

Over to you Jack. 

Jack?

Hello?

6 hours ago, badlatitude said:

So productivity under the Trump Administration is at such a high level, and unemployment is at such a low level it would be impossible to meet the new demands.

What a great position to be. So successful we can't do any better.  I suppose supply and demand rules will dictate that american products will be more costly, bringing more revenue in for the same amount of product sold.

And this is bad, how? 

4 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Huh? Why would an advanced country like China, with all those fast trains, want any tech from the backward old USA?

Fast trains don't spy.......

6 minutes ago, chinabald said:

So productivity under the Trump Administration is at such a high level, and unemployment is at such a low level it would be impossible to meet the new demands.

What a great position to be. So successful we can't do any better.  I suppose supply and demand rules will dictate that american products will be more costly, bringing more revenue in for the same amount of product sold.

And this is bad, how? 

First, we should change our position over jobs, when you brag out of one side of your mouth that we have full employment and yell out the other side that China is stealing jobs, it looks hypocritical and a little incompetent as well. The trade differences that separate us are long in the making, and the point is we got played. America jumped at the chance for cheap goods, the loss of technology was our fault, the deficit as well. At this point we should have learned the lesson well, we should be stronger for it, but we're not.

We are in the midst of a market battle, and governmental tariffs will do little to solve the problem. If the United States wants to reduce the trade deficit, we need to rethink about changing our market and for a long laundry list of reasons that isn't about to happen.

Last, we are not our father's generation, if we were to fight World War II over today it would be a thirty-year war, that's just the way it is. Even worse, our younger generation is being kicked to the curb and cannot compete with other kids who use English as a second language. We need to come to grips with the elemental and leave the heavy lifting when we are better equipped.

OOPS, looks like Mnuchin has the same problem as Happy Jack, Jumping the gun.

BEIJING (Reuters) - China denied on Friday that it had offered a package to slash the U.S. trade deficit by up to $200 billion, hours after it dropped an anti-dumping probe into U.S. sorghum imports in a conciliatory gesture as top negotiators meet in Washington.

U.S. officials had said on Thursday that China was proposing trade concessions and increased purchases of American goods aimed at cutting the U.S. trade deficit with China by up to $200 billion a year.

“This rumor is not true. This I can confirm to you,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Lu Kang told a regular news briefing.

“As I understand, the relevant consultations are ongoing and they are constructive,” he said, adding that he could not elaborate on the specifics of the negotiations.

Chinese Vice Premier Liu He is in Washington this week for talks with U.S. officials led by U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin aimed at heading off a trade war between the world’s two biggest economies. 

Earlier on Friday, China announced that it was ending its sorghum investigation, which had effectively halted a trade worth roughly $1.1 billion last year and roiled global grain markets and spurred worries about rising costs domestically. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china/china-denies-it-has-offered-a-200-billion-package-to-slash-u-s-trade-gap-idUSKCN1IJ0A0

7 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Because they haven't stolen it all, yet.

if you don't get how far behind urban rich china you are technologically - and clearly, you don't - best too STFU

Hapless Hillary Malarkey has achieved a new level of stupid gullibility.

He's turned into such a hopeless moran he's not even fun to ridicule anymore.

I don't get the US sometimes. The US gave China this "stolen" tech because they wanted a cheap manufacturing cost centre, and had no interest in the demeaning assembly line jobs. The US then screwed these manufacturers down to nuts pricing to create massive profits, and then sat back and  preened themselves for the next decade or so on how great they all were. Not satisfied with the massive profits they were making, they then continued to embark on finding other manufacturing sectors they could send offshore to China, all to maximise their profits.

Then the little Asian men and women screwing all the bits together at third world wage levels finally got the shits and decided to pinch some of these ideas and branch out and do they're own thing. That they could undercut their old masters so significantly on a fully assembled marketable product was due to the exorbitant profits being made by the US vendors. 

And what battle plans did the US have in place to prevent this? None. The arrogance was so great they simply didn't believe the simpleton Chinese were capable of even doing it. 

So the US created the Chinese maufacturing giant, continually demanded cheaper and cheaper pricing, had decades of warning they might go off the  rails, and then bitch about the near inevitable?

The you elect Donald Trump who promptly blames the Chinese as cunts and the cause of all the ills, to fix it.

Breathtaking.

Edit: A prophecy, the US will next lose their software industry by their repeat of this same model with India, who are taking over the writing and development of software. Why? For exactly the same reason, to realise the huge profits by treating them like ultra cheap cost centres. 

You fix all of this by bringing  in these talented  people in-country, pay them real wages, and  assimilate them into your society, where the benefits stay in house. Now, what is Donald Trump's immigration policy again?  I need to check a few things.... 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

I'm wondering if at least a couple of us should advocate for him. Sort of cheer him on like you would for a kid in the Special Olympics.

4 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I'm wondering if at least a couple of us should advocate for him. Sort of cheer him on like you would for a kid in the Special Olympics.

You're trying to get an addition to it's signature line, aren't you?

10 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I remember when I stopped reading Nanny Gov's post and just saw a venomous, hate-filled person that I wanted to do something nice for.  He seemed that crazy.  I just wanted to do something nice for him. Send him some cookies.  Anything. 

Jack hasn't gotten to that point; he's just an asshole. 

16 hours ago, Lying Malarky said:

How much is Chinese access to sensitive technology worth?

About $200 billion.......

What they asked for is not necessarily what they will end up with. Negotiations all have starting positions. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I'm so over that prick.

10 hours ago, badlatitude said:

First, we should change our position over jobs, when you brag out of one side of your mouth that we have full employment and yell out the other side that China is stealing jobs, it looks hypocritical and a little incompetent as well. The trade differences that separate us are long in the making, and the point is we got played. America jumped at the chance for cheap goods, the loss of technology was our fault, the deficit as well. At this point we should have learned the lesson well, we should be stronger for it, but we're not.

We are in the midst of a market battle, and governmental tariffs will do little to solve the problem. If the United States wants to reduce the trade deficit, we need to rethink about changing our market and for a long laundry list of reasons that isn't about to happen.

Last, we are not our father's generation, if we were to fight World War II over today it would be a thirty-year war, that's just the way it is. Even worse, our younger generation is being kicked to the curb and cannot compete with other kids who use English as a second language. We need to come to grips with the elemental and leave the heavy lifting when we are better equipped.

2 things. I haven't done any yelling about China stealing jobs. And 2 I don't know about your kids. But mine are doing great. 

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

What they asked for is not necessarily what they will end up with. Negotiations all have starting positions. 

You're right. Trump's negotiation starting position on the border wall was that Mexico was going to pay for it.  What we ended up with was the Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto telling Trump to go fuck himself and now we are paying for it.

Trump's starting positions always look good.  It makes sense that you cheer them before they go completely to shit. 

1 minute ago, chinabald said:

2 things. I haven't done any yelling about China stealing jobs. And 2 I don't know about your kids. But mine are doing great. 

Your "I got mine" argument isn't an argument. 

3 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Your "I got mine" argument isn't an argument. 

No it isn't. But because of the age of my kids, I see what they and their friends are doing and the ones who want to work, are not being "kicked to the curb"

Damn right he’s a genius. Hasn’t he engineered a bailout for the Kushners by the Qutar Government. You have to say he’s a family man.

4 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

Then the little Asian men and women screwing all the bits together at third world wage levels finally got the shits and decided to pinch some of these ideas and branch out and do they're own thing. That they could undercut their old masters so significantly on a fully assembled marketable product was due to the exorbitant profits being made by the US vendors. 

That and the pinching.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Update.

Looks like that $200 billion President Trump is demanding might just evaporate.

Did you read your link? 

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, jzk said:

Did you read your link? 

Kudlow told CBS "Face the Nation" it was too soon to lock in the $200 billion figure for China's promised purchases. "The details will be down the road. These things are not so precise," he said.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:51 AM, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Is that what all your ex wives lawyers told them? 

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Update.

Looks like that $200 billion President Trump is demanding might just evaporate.

China has agreed to increase agricultural and energy import with the goal to cut the deficit from $375 billion to $175 billion in 2020. They blinked and we benefited. If they don't follow through the trade war resumes. 

Time will prove you wrong, in my opinion.

• Downvote 1

From the linked article, which Nailing Happy Hillary Malarkey (obviously) did not read -

"There's no agreement for a deal," Kudlow told ABC. "We never anticipated one. There's a communique between the two great countries, that's all. And in that communique, you can see where we're going next."

55 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

From the linked article, which Nailing Happy Hillary Malarkey (obviously) did not read -

"There's no agreement for a deal," Kudlow told ABC. "We never anticipated one. There's a communique between the two great countries, that's all. And in that communique, you can see where we're going next."

And? We got tough they peed their pants and agreed to do better. China gets to save face by avoiding a written capitulation. We won and without a trade war.  The art of negotiation.

We now know China realizes they would draw the short straw in a trade war. 

China Blinked. 

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

And? We got tough they peed their pants and agreed to do better. China gets to save face by avoiding a written capitulation. We won and without a trade war.  The art of negotiation.

We now know China realizes they would draw the short straw in a trade war. 

China Blinked. 

China is under no obligation to do anything. Trump is backing down on his threats of imposing tariffs on their goods & services. China won and without a trade war.

Trump blinked. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

China is under no obligation to do anything. Trump is backing down on his threats of imposing tariffs on their goods & services. China won and without a trade war.

Trump blinked. 

I believe the phrase is “wussed out”. 

Besides, Jack says their is an agreement. The WH says there isn’t. Nailing Happy Hillary Malarkey is making up things. 

Again. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

We gain a substantial concession and retained our leverage. Whatever you want to call it, this is a win and not one Hillary was likely to have gotten. 

http://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/us-dollar-hits-5-month-high-china-trade-tensions-cool-2018-5-1025065241

The US dollar surged to a fresh five-month high Monday morning amid a wind-down of US-China trade tensions and as markets poise for faster growth. 
The currency rose as high as 94.06 on the US dollar index, which measures the dollar against its major peers. The greenback has rallied in recent months, gaining about 5% since mid-February. 
After high-stakes talks in Washington last week, Beijing agreed to "substantially" reduce the US-China trade deficit. US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the Trump administration is"putting a trade war on hold." The concession raises expectations for faster US growth and a more aggressive Federal Reserve. 

• Downvote 1

Another take.

China's pledge to significantly boost its purchases of American goods and services touches on a key demand from the Trump administration. 

But experts are skeptical that the United States will be able to get Beijing to significantly close its $375 billion trade surplus. The US demand for a reduction of $200 billion was "practically impossible," said Louis Kuijs, head of Asia Economics for research firm Oxford Economics.

The difficulty of achieving a big change in the headline number could result in "disappointment on the US side," he wrote in a note to clients.

President Donald Trump's top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, said Sunday on ABC that $200 billion is "a number that interests the president a lot." But Beijing has shot down suggestions it put a dollar figure on its offer.

24 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Another take.

China's pledge to significantly boost its purchases of American goods and services touches on a key demand from the Trump administration. 

But experts are skeptical that the United States will be able to get Beijing to significantly close its $375 billion trade surplus. The US demand for a reduction of $200 billion was "practically impossible," said Louis Kuijs, head of Asia Economics for research firm Oxford Economics.

The difficulty of achieving a big change in the headline number could result in "disappointment on the US side," he wrote in a note to clients.

President Donald Trump's top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, said Sunday on ABC that $200 billion is "a number that interests the president a lot." But Beijing has shot down suggestions it put a dollar figure on its offer.

Time will tell. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, amphib44 said:

fuck you're tedious. 

And, in the event he is (once again) wrong, Nailing Happy Hillary Malarkey will refuse to acknowledge that fact.

ahh...the much vaunted tariffs of the orange clown were just put on hold....

case closed....trump blinked and folded before he even got started playing the game..

what a moron..

Trump was the one threatening tariffs. He has yet to accomplish what he said they were for, as China is under no obligation to do anything as there is no agreement in place.

Trump blinked. 

Turning the screws

Trump says he's not satisfied with China trade talks, North Korea summit may not happe

Trump told reporters he was "not satisfied" with the trade talks that took place with China last week. He called the negotiations a "start" as his administration keeps working toward a final deal to address trade imbalances with Beijing.

The president also discussed a summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, stating: "Whether or not it happens, you'll be knowing pretty soon." The summit is scheduled for June 12 in Singapore.

• Downvote 1

Oh that's brilliant that is, Jack is trying to claim Trump won a great victory against China.... but at the same time, Trump is using his excuse that it was a failure to cover his ass when North Korea does the predictable and embarrasses him there too.

Takes a special kind of love to stay loyal through all the shit Trump makes you eat, Jack. You have my sympathies.

I'm surprised that Hopeless Hillary Jack Malarkey hasn't acquired dysentery or worse, considering the amount of Trump shit he's eaten.

2 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You all sound like deer caught in the headlight just before the impact. Smooosh

The Nailing Malarkey Too Inverse Truth Law - "The more you want to believe something is true, the more likely it isn't"  ©(Nailing Malarkey Too 2018)

Don't stop believing Jack. :lol: 

42 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You all Trump and his cohorts sound like deer caught in the headlight just before the impact. Smooosh

Fixed that little misapprehension.

13 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Fixed that little misapprehension.

No, what you did was alter a quote and pretend I posted it that way. Very slimy and dishonest. . 

• Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You all sound like deer caught in the headlight just before the impact. Smooosh

A dear caught in the headlights makes no sound. That's why the idiom is used to describe stunned silence. Fucking idiot.

1 minute ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

No, what you did was alter a quote and pretend I posted it that way. Very slimy and dishonest. . 

No, he made it quite clear that he altered the quote by using a strike through. Again, you're a fucking idiot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bhyde said:

No, he made it quite clear that he altered the quote by using a strike through. Again, you're a fucking idiot.

No, he quoted my poast and changed it. Slimy and dishonest. 

• Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

How about postng nonsense, then coming back under a different ID pretending you never posted it?

Don't lecture anyone on what's slimey and dishonsest, you hypocritical lying fuck.   You are the poster boy of dishonesty. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

No, he quoted my poast and changed it. Slimy and dishonest. 

MIT?? Really??

Her’s a tost to your goast writer. 

From Cost to Cost around the world, we have diagnoased your poasts as coming from one who  is engroased in stupidity. 

Moast of your bosts sure make it easy to rost you.

• Like 2

Trump sure is showing the world what a great deal maker he is....

14 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

How do you feel about posters who edit their own comments, to change the meaning/context?

I know some who've done that.  Lost editing privileges for the transgression.

Ringing any bells, Nailing Happy Hillary, Malarkey?

How do you feel about posters who edit their own comments, to change the meaning/context?

Not me. Never have. It was a lie the first time you posted it and a lie now. Only it there is a typo and I catch it.

9 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Trump sure is showing the world what a great deal maker he is....

Must be that Golden Shower Diplomacy...

15 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Not me. Never have. It was a lie the first time you posted it and a lie now. Only it there is a typo and I catch it.

Wondering if @B J Porter may get have anything to offer, regarding who may have had that happen, and why?

20 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I believe i am right about why, but (in the case i am wrong), you could always explain just how you lost your editing privileges. 

Trump is still a lying sack of shit.

We need no more proof of that.

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Trump is still a lying sack of shit.

We need no more proof of that.

What a coincidence, so is Jack.

8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

What a coincidence, so is Jack.

They make such a nice couple. NTTAWWT.

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Wondering if @B J Porter may get have anything to offer, regarding who may have had that happen, and why?

BJ can lie as well as you can. I've seen it.  But in the incident you are probably citing I heard he was lied to. 

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I believe i am right about why, but (in the case i am wrong), you could always explain just how you lost your editing privileges. 

My editing privileges are just fine.  See?

Edited by Nailing Malarkey Too
Prove Bus Driver is a fruit loop and liar

3 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

My editing privileges are just fine.  See?

Not all of the accounts you have opened here have that capability. Try it with your Happy Jack account. Go on, I double-dog dare you.*

* Trying to match the childish nature of Jack's "proof". How'd I fare? 

4 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Not all of the accounts you have opened here have that capability. Try it with your Happy Jack account. Go on, I double-dog dare you.*

* Trying to match the childish nature of Jack's "proof". How'd I fare? 

Pretty sure the @Happy Jack account had the privilege restored. What Nailing Happy Hillary Malarkey won’t do is admit to WHY the privileges were revoked, in the first place.

Anyone know of any other poster(s) who were disciplined by having editing privileges revoked?  Gotta be a short list. 

5 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:
13 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

BJ can lie as well as you can. I've seen it.  But in the incident you are probably citing I heard he was lied to.

Funny how you claim BJ lies. Especially after he exposed your lie and humiliated you regarding those PM conversations. 

5 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I've seen BJ prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a liar. Something that embarrassed you so badly, you ran away and came back under another account - too gutless to face the consequences of your bullshit.

I know BJ had moderator privileges and I know what he stated about your account. I've also met the man. Like most people here, I find him far, far more credible than you. For instance, we know that when he says he did or did not write something in a private message - he's not lying about it like you do.