Sign in to follow this  
Nailing Malarkey Too

The Deep State Conspiracy; How to Subvert Democracy

What we know is not likely to be all there is.  If the Obama Administration inserted one spy into the Trump circle there is every reason they did not stop at one. Nor is it likely that they didn't target other potential Republican candidates. Where the evil enters is the apparent disinterest in the Clinton's connections to Russia and other client states that have put hundreds of millions into their pockets**. Like the military, every department of the government is supposed to be unaligned with any party and 100% neutral and independent of political influence. The only exception is the Executive Branch and Congress.

I can understand why this bias appeals to most of you. I'm also, sure it wouldn't if the roles were reversed. Your belief that Democrats and their supporters are unfailingly righteous and have only pure motivations is appallingly naive.

isberg.thumb.jpg.3607b2dfb0745a9907f4a214a4d9d92f.jpg  

** from Forbes    https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2016/11/08/how-bill-house-hillary-clinton-made-240-million-how-much-earnings-rich-white/#53f7455d7a16

bill-and-hillary-clinton-earnings-graphic

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

The man is going crazy...

“John Brennan is panicking. He has disgraced himself, he has disgraced the Country, he has disgraced the entire Intelligence Community. He is the one man who is largely responsible for the destruction of American’s faith in the Intelligence Community and in some people at the....

“John Brennan is panicking. He has disgraced himself, he has disgraced the Country, he has disgraced the entire Intelligence Community. He is the one man who is largely responsible for the destruction of American’s faith in the Intelligence Community and in some people at the.... 

....top of the FBI. Brennan started this entire debacle about President Trump. We now know that Brennan had detailed knowledge of the (phony) Dossier...he knows about the Dossier, he denies knowledge of the Dossier, he briefs the Gang of 8 on the Hill about the Dossier, which....

....top of the FBI. Brennan started this entire debacle about President Trump. We now know that Brennan had detailed knowledge of the (phony) Dossier...he knows about the Dossier, he denies knowledge of the Dossier, he briefs the Gang of 8 on the Hill about the Dossier, which.... 

...they then used to start an investigation about Trump. It is that simple. This guy is the genesis of this whole Debacle. This was a Political hit job, this was not an Intelligence Investigation. Brennan has disgraced himself, he’s worried about staying out of Jail.” Dan Bongino

•  

...they then used to start an investigation about Trump. It is that simple. This guy is the genesis of this whole Debacle. This was a Political hit job, this was not an Intelligence Investigation. Brennan has disgraced himself, he’s worried about staying out of Jail.” Dan Bongino

The “Deep State” myth is crafted by stupid Republicans desiring to justify incompetence, unethical behavior, and partisan repopulating if America’s Government. 

Rather than respecting our traditions, these folks want to install Trump-loyalists in all positions so that his wishes can be made policy. 

It doesn’t matter to them that this is sedition, that separations of power are meant to prevent just this sort of cult of personality. The power of the press and the independent judiciary must hold back this effort to control the nation via theatre and propaganda. 

• Like 1

How to subvert democracy?

Have a president with no respect for the constitution who uses his platform to bash the fundamental components of the executive branch. Oh, and let's call into question the Judicial branch and the legislative while we're at it....

3 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Dude ... At least try and be original. 

I did an image search and found the photo badlattude posted at the link below, dated November of last year:

https://imgur.com/gallery/S0Vnn

Your's is copyrighted this year.  

Do you feel particularly original now?

32 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I did an image search and found the photo badlattude posted at the link below, dated November of last year:

Yeah because mine is not a cut and paste you knumbskull.

• Downvote 2

39 minutes ago, benwynn said:

6 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Yeah because mine is not a cut and paste you knumbskull.

Instead of cutting and pasting, going through the time and effort of creating something based on someone else's idea.  I was wrong.  It's not that you are not original.  It is that you are stupid and not original.

Spelling numbskull with a k would be another example. 

• Like 2

Back on subject,  Take off the partisan hats for a second.  Am I the only one that sees a Democratic/GOP  administration allowing the FBI to basically run an entrapment operation against the campaign staff, of the presidential candidate, from the opposite party?   Planting an FBI agent in the camp of a presidential candidate when there was  NO EVIDENCE OF A CRIME?   I find that very similar to the McCarthy investigations looking for Communists,  I could almost buy it if they treated both candidates in the same manner.

2 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Back on subject,  Take off the partisan hats for a second.  Am I the only one that sees a Democratic/GOP  administration allowing the FBI to basically run an entrapment operation against the campaign staff, of the presidential candidate, from the opposite party?   Planting an FBI agent in the camp of a presidential candidate when there was  NO EVIDENCE OF A CRIME?   I find that very similar to the McCarthy investigations looking for Communists,  I could almost buy it if they treated both candidates in the same manner.

there was no plant

there WAS evidence of crimes

take of the blinders, indeed

12 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

there was no plant   Yes there was - try and keep up 

there WAS evidence of crimes  Not at the time.  Which was why it was run as an intellegence operation not a criminal investigation.

take of the blinders, indeed  Hats not blinders try improving those reading skills

https://nypost.com/2018/05/19/cambridge-professor-outed-as-fbi-informant-inside-trump-campaign/

A Cambridge professor with deep ties to American and British intelligence has been outed as an agent who snooped on the Trump presidential campaign for the FBI.

Multiple media outlets have named Stefan Halper, 73, as the secret informant who met with Trump campaign advisers Carter Page and George Papadopoulos starting in the summer of 2016. The American-born academic previously served in the Nixon, Ford and Reagan administrations.

The revelation, stemming from recent reports in which FBI sources admitted sending an agent to snoop on the Trump camp, heightens suspicions that the FBI was seeking to entrap Trump campaign aides. Papodopoulous has pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI, while Page was the subject of a federal surveillance warrant.

image.gif

19 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Your words make no sesne

Treated both candidates in the same manner? Like not mentioning that Trump's campaign was being investigated while talking about investigating Hillary?

No evidence of a crime? You mean like the attempt to set up secret communications with the Russians? You mean like all the razzle-dazzle about showing how Trump is divesting his businesses, while not actually doing so (not a crime but certainly less than honest)?

Getting caught is not entrapment. Trump hired a bunch of folks who were on the Russian payroll and who bragged about having all sorts of contacts/connections with Russia and Putin.

I can see somebody who thinks President Trump never tells a lie could persuade themselves that there must be some sort of consipriacy to "get" the poor man. But I can't understand why anybody with more than 3 functioning brain cells would think that Trump is honest.

-DSK

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Your words make no sesne

Treated both candidates in the same manner? Like not mentioning that Trump's campaign was being investigated while talking about investigating Hillary?

Good you get it. Neither side likes it when they are the one being gored.  Who is being gored today while the Loonies lefties cheer them on? 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Your words make no sesne

No evidence of a crime? You mean like the attempt to set up secret communications with the Russians? You mean like all the razzle-dazzle about showing how Trump is divesting his businesses, while not actually doing so (not a crime but certainly less than honest)?

Getting caught is not entrapment. Trump hired a bunch of folks who were on the Russian payroll and who bragged about having all sorts of contacts/connections with Russia and Putin.

I can see somebody who thinks President Trump never tells a lie could persuade themselves that there must be some sort of consipriacy to "get" the poor man. But I can't understand why anybody with more than 3 functioning brain cells would think that Trump is honest.

-DSK

Your first point is valid, but that was a Comey Fuck up.  Nothing to do with planting a spy in the opposing camp.

All of the other points were alleged  after the FBI planted a informant in the Trump campaign.    Let's try this - How loud would the screaming be if GW had planted FBI informants in the Obama campaign based on Obama's known ties to a domestic terrorist, Bill Ayers?

Safe to say there would have been millions in the streets protesting such an action by GW

2 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Your first point is valid, but that was a Comey Fuck up.  Nothing to do with planting a spy in the opposing camp.

All of the other points were alleged  after the FBI planted a informant in the Trump campaign.    Let's try this - How loud would the screaming be if GW had planted FBI informants in the Obama campaign based on Obama's known ties to a domestic terrorist, Bill Ayers?

Safe to say there would have been millions in the streets protesting such an action by GW

Now this aging professor who talked to some of the folks on the Trump/Russia payroll is a "planted FBI informant in the campaign?" Now you're just making shit up, just like Trump.

7 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

There is a massive conspiracy, among Republicans appointed by Trump mind you...or one guy is lying to you.  Which one makes more sense?  

6 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
10 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Now this aging professor who talked to some of the folks on the Trump/Russia payroll is a "planted FBI informant in the campaign?" Now you're just making shit up, just like Trump.

And how did having "an informant planted" influence Flynn to to go on the Russian payroll? Or Kushner to try and set up secret communications? And seriously, this is a loony-leftie plot using  a guy who worked for Nixon, Ford, and Reagan?

And (if you can stand for me to begin just one more sentence with the word "and") I'd be surprised if Obama's connection to Bill Ayers was not investigated. The FBI being concerned with real threats and law, would have dropped it as insignificant. OTOH the rightie news of the day screamed about it for most of a year, along with showing clips of Reverend Wright.

Millions in the street protesting? You're going around the bend, bro. Take the afternoon off and try to relax

-DSK

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I suppose all the media resources that are reporting the story, FBI informant in Trump camp are also making shit up 

• Retired professor was working as an informant on the Trump campaign for FBI
  • He met with several Trump aides and discussed foreign policy in summer 2016
  • Reports suggest he was Professor Stefan Halper, American working in the UK
  • Is said to have 'randomly' brought up Russia in meetings, prompting suspicions
  • Trump tweeted: 'If the FBI or DOJ was infiltrating a campaign for the benefit of another campaign, that is a really big deal' 

An American academic who met with the President's advisers in 2016 could have been an FBI informant for its probe into the Trump campaign’s alleged collusion with Russian, reports suggest.

Both the Times and Washington Post have reported that the FBI made use of a US-born academic working in the UK as an informant, and that he met with Carter Page and George Papadopoulos, two Trump aides suspected of dealing with the Russians.

This came after the Daily Caller reported that both Page and Papadopoulos met in 2016 with an American professor at Cambridge University, which it named as Stefan Halper. He asked several questions about Russia which prompted suspicions. 

14 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Good you get it. Neither side likes it when they are the one being gored.  Who is being gored today while the Loonies lefties cheer them on? 

Looks to me like Republican administration officials are investigating Republican campaign officials

11 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Here was no plant. Well, maybe a fuckus....

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Here was no plant. Well, maybe a fuckus....

Is that supposed to be English?

16 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

How do we know that the FBI didn't use a confidential informant to follow up on the Bill Ayers link?  If they have information that must be followed up, they often use confidential informants.  They are supposed to keep us safe.  Are we really going to throw our law enforcement under the bus over this?  Why not let the investigation play out instead of investigating the investigators for stuff that they do all the time?  

It's a nice play.  Find something that we know that they do, and outrage-ize it.  

4 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Is that supposed to be English?

“There” was, not here was.. oops 

and “fuckus” was a play on “ficus”

your lack of humor makes you sound like a Dem

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

your lack of humor makes you sound like a Dem Russian.

FIFY

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There is a massive conspiracy, among Republicans appointed by Trump mind you...or one guy is lying to you.  Which one makes more sense?  

I can separate the issues.  Mueller's investigation should continue.  I also want to know if the FBI under Obama planted an informant to try and entrap members of Trumps campaign.

If this guy played a key role in information obtained from both Carter Page and Papadopoulos way back in the summer of 2016 and as reported, he brought up Russia  - that sounds like entrapment and should have been disclosed at the same time charges were filed.  Instead we were told it was a Australian diplomat that was so upset he reported the conversation  to his government and that was why  FISA warrants were requested. America deserves to know the truth regardless of which party was at fault

7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

your lack of humor makes you sound like a Dem

When you call someone  a traitor over their opinions don't try and play word games.  Stick to being a partisan asshole,

1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

I can separate the issues.  Mueller's investigation should continue.  I also want to know if the FBI under Obama planted an informant to try and entrap members of Trumps campaign.

If this guy played a key role in information obtained from both Carter Page and Papadopoulos way back in the summer of 2016 and as reported, he brought up Russia  - that sounds like entrapment and should have been disclosed at the same time charges were filed.  Instead we were told it was a Australian diplomat that was so upset he reported the conversation  to his government and that was why  FISA warrants were requested. America deserves to know the truth regardless of which party was at fault

Let the IG investigate, as should be done if the claims have any merit.  I'm not sure you want to use the word entrapment.  That translates to "yeah, I did it, but the government talked me into it."  These folks haven't reached the "yeah I did it" stage just yet.  Confidential informants are supposed to find out what people are up to.  If he was there to find out if they were working with Russia to influence the election, he was probably not going to be asking about yellowcake in Niger.  

But this is nothing but a way to discredit the Mueller investigation so that it can be killed.  We are on the verge of a Constitutional crisis, with the President using the DOJ against his enemies.  

Just now, hermetic said:

wasn't this professor's interaction with papadopoulos and page described in the steele dossier?

I believe the Dossier claimed it was an Australian diplomat that just happened to be in a bar with Popadopoulus.  Instead it looks like the FBI may have run a sting operation against a Presidential campaign looking for a crime.  

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Let the IG investigate, as should be done if the claims have any merit.  I'm not sure you want to use the word entrapment.  That translates to "yeah, I did it, but the government talked me into it."  These folks haven't reached the "yeah I did it" stage just yet.  Confidential informants are supposed to find out what people are up to.  If he was there to find out if they were working with Russia to influence the election, he was probably not going to be asking about yellowcake in Niger.  

But this is nothing but a way to discredit the Mueller investigation so that it can be killed.  We are on the verge of a Constitutional crisis, with the President using the DOJ against his enemies.  

Why wouldn't that apply to Obama using the DOJ against his party's enemies?  

I agree with this statement from Rosenstein 

“If anyone did infiltrate or surveil participants in a presidential campaign for inappropriate purposes, we need to know about it and take appropriate action,” Rosenstein’s statement said.

when you only watch fox news, your brain slowly turns to mush, and you only become capable of mindlessly repeating what you hear .....kinda like what happened to the poor people of russia....completely unable to think for themselves....

14 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Your talking points are out of date. Even Trump walked back from the “planted” comment.

OK Foxy-Geniouses - If Obama, who came as close as any president has to saying "who gives a shit about the election, let me out of here and here is my bank info for the pension checks" REALLY was going around somehow using mind control rays to make poor entrapped Trumpers suddenly want to work for Russia, why the hell was this information NOT USED :unsure::unsure: The only one getting boned by the FBI was Hillary :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Haven’t had FOX on all day just reading the story, all over the internet about an FBI spi/ informant  / plant in the Trump campaign.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/latest-trump-meets-rosenstein-wray-55331135

President Donald Trump is meeting with the deputy attorney general and FBI director, a day after promising to "demand" that the Justice Department investigate whether his presidential campaign was "infiltrated or surveilled" for political purposes.

Press secretary Sarah Sanders confirms that Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general overseeing the Russia probe, and FBI director Christopher Wray will meet with the president Monday afternoon.

Sanders said the meeting was scheduled last week and is focused "on response to congressional requests." Congressional Republicans have been seeking documents relating to a confidential informant who helped investigate potential Russian collusion by the Trump campaign, but the Justice Department has opposed the move citing the sensitivity of the matter.

Rosenstein directed the department's inspector general to investigate Trump's claims of surveillance Sunday.

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

I agree with this statement from Rosenstein 

“If anyone did infiltrate or surveil participants in a presidential campaign for inappropriate purposes, we need to know about it and take appropriate action,” Rosenstein’s statement said.

It would apply to Obama, particularly if he used it to investigate investigators who were investigating him.  

I agree with it too.  Do you think that will be the end of it if the IG doesn't come up with the answer that the Pride of the GOP seeks?  

Does anyone think that Mr. Mueller is distracted by any of this?  I don't.  Poor Roger Stone is messing his pants these days.  

A question, will everyone be comfortable with a democRAT President asserting power over the entire law enforcement apparatus, to be used however he chooses regardless of his motive?  I won't.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

A question, will everyone be comfortable with a democRAT President asserting power over the entire law enforcement apparatus, to be used however he chooses regardless of his motive?  I won't.  

I presume that question was directed to Jack.   And if I want to know whether you will or won't. I'll wait for his answer. 

I'm not sure I believe in a deep state

I am sure that I believe a lot of career politicians and bureaucrats were DEEPLY frustrated and more than a little scared that the beltway gravy train got interrupted by an interloper with his own agenda - even if it was self serving.

I'm ABSOLUTELY sure that the media and Trump are a human centipede encircling the Internet.  I have no sympathy for either and hope they puke in each other's mouth, just a bit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

What we know is not likely to be all there is.  If the Obama Administration inserted one spy into the Trump circle there is every reason they did not stop at one. Nor is it likely that they didn't target other potential Republican candidates. Where the evil enters is the apparent disinterest in the Clinton's connections to Russia and other client states that have put hundreds of millions into their pockets**. Like the military, every department of the government is supposed to be unaligned with any party and 100% neutral and independent of political influence. The only exception is the Executive Branch and Congress.

I can understand why this bias appeals to most of you. I'm also, sure it wouldn't if the roles were reversed. Your belief that Democrats and their supporters are unfailingly righteous and have only pure motivations is appallingly naive.

isberg.thumb.jpg.3607b2dfb0745a9907f4a214a4d9d92f.jpg  

** from Forbes    https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2016/11/08/how-bill-house-hillary-clinton-made-240-million-how-much-earnings-rich-white/#53f7455d7a16

30 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

I'm not sure I believe in a deep state

I am sure that I believe a lot of career politicians and bureaucrats were DEEPLY frustrated and more than a little scared that the beltway gravy train got interrupted by an interloper with his own agenda - even if it was self serving.

I'm ABSOLUTELY sure that the media and Trump are a human centipede encircling the Internet.  I have no sympathy for either and hope they puke in each other's mouth, just a bit.

Most of what you would call "career bureaucrats" are guys who have come from business or academia with a way of solving a set of problems. Now, they solve those problems for ALL OF US, the taxpayers & citizens.

Chase them away and guess what, all the problems they used to solve will come rushing back.

Blaming the dadgum gubbermint for one's problems is just as stupid, and just as destructive, as demanding a hand-out.

-DSK

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

...    ...    ...

Why do Republicans always assume that Democrats are just as lemming-like as themselves?

The only Democratic President in my lifetime that took his role as "leader of the party" seriously was Bill Clinton. And while he was a pretty good politician, he was not a good party leader. Most Democratic Presidents have some policy goals and work towards them specifically, and running the country in general, and let the party take care of itself.

One thing you ought to realize (but probably won't) is that Democrats are not blindly loyal. This -should- be obvious when Democrats did not turn out in droves to elect Hillary, but so many people make all sorts of blah-blah about their alternative reality that it is usually overlooked. The "Democratic Party" is a loose coalition of people who want all sort of different things, often without any overlap (or even in conflict).

If Obama had played the same bullshit game as Trump (or Nixon) in trying to turn the gov't apparatus to blatantly political purposes, there would be all kinds of outcry from all kinds of people including lots of Democrats...... another thing Republicans have not realized yet: if you constantly demonize all Democrats, all the time, then sooner or later people get bored with it.

-DSK

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lying Malarky said:

So an American born academic who worked for Nixon, Ford and Reagan, was a democrat spy?

He speaketh the Truth, Brothers!

Looks like both Carter Page and Papadopoulos were on a hand written note turned over to the NYT editorial board by Trump when pressed on who was on his Foreign policy team.  With in a few weeks they are approached by an FBI informant who starts talking to them about Russia.  Coincidence?  

22 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Looks like both Carter Page and Papadopoulos were on a hand written note turned over to the NYT editorial board by Trump when pressed on who was on his Foreign policy team.  With in a few weeks they are approached by an FBI informant who starts talking to them about Russia.  Coincidence?  

Not a chance. Those fucking aliens from Ganymede are probably behind it.

23 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

The Deep State is bigger than even You can imagine, Mr Arnold!

29 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Right, because before the Trump campaign, Carter Page had zero interest or contacts in/with Russia......

Does it count for anything that Carter Page bragged about how close he was to Putin and how many Russian connections he had? That he passed documents on US foreign policy to Russians, long before he was on Team Trump or for that matter before Trump was even a candidate?

Those darn sneaky Deep State libby-rull conspirators must have a time machine..... how inscrutably devious!

-DSK

The Dictatorship of the Worthy has arrived!!

The brilliance of our President blinds us all- he has seen through the effete habits that have made America a Terrible Place to Live.  

He has seen the truth of the Constitution, and It Allows, nay encourages, everything he has done.  Make America Great Again!!

Take a knee, Lefty Swine.

And a heartfelt Thank You(!) to all the Real Patriots here who have brought Our Salvation to Reality.

I hope you all will help us make the Right Decisions so that we might keep any Property and Freedoms that might, properly,  be allowed us.  Don’t leave us now!!!  We need You now more than ever!!!  You are our Christian Soldiers!!

Forgive us our transgressions, I pray.....

14 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Back on subject,  Take off the partisan hats for a second. 

You should give it a try sometime.

But if you did do that there would be nothing left!

Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

12 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Looks like both Carter Page and Pompadours were on a hand written note turned over to the NYT editorial board by Trump when pressed on who was on his Foreign policy team.  With in a few weeks they are approached by an FBI informant who starts talking to them about Russia.  Coincidence?  

Here is how this went:

(Random guy in the street) Hey there Mr. Page, I hear you got picked to work from Trump. I have a question for you - do you want to work for the Russians too?

Page - Well sure. I never would have given a second thought to working for Russia before 3 seconds ago, but now you mention it, this seems like an ideal career for me. Where do I sign up?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

And it all took place before the reported start of the investigation.

22 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

How many dollars per body did Hillary get for the killing in Benghazi? Must be a lot. I bet Sean Hannity knows. 

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

Considering that the investigation of Carter Page as a possible Russian spy..... largely because he bragged about being a Russian spy..... began before Trump became a candidate, that seems highly unlikely.

Of course, being "conservative"means that you not only back Team R with unflagging devotion, but you also must have one of those special memories where you forget everything inconvenient in the rush for today's talking points.

-DSK

36 minutes ago, Dog said:

Yep Comey lies again

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hard On The Wind said:

How many dollars per body did Hillary get for the killing in Benghazi? Must be a lot. I bet Sean Hannity knows. 

What difference, at this point, does it make? 

3 hours ago, TMSAIL said:
4 hours ago, Dog said:

Yep Comey lies again

President Trump is telling you the TRUTH...... this time....... he promises, honestly!

-DSK

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

President Trump is telling you the TRUTH...... this time....... he promises, honestly!

-DSK

Comey stated under oath that the FBI investigation started end of July.  Turns out they already had lined up an informer anywhere from 2 weeks to months earlier.   I expect  FBI leadership  when put under oath to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Maybe you have different standards. 

8 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Of course, being "conservative"means that you not only back Team R with unflagging devotion, but you also must have one of those special memories where you forget everything inconvenient in the rush for today's talking points.

Most of them can't remember much before a few months ago and none can remember anything before Reagan.

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:
4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Comey stated under oath that the FBI investigation started end of July.  Turns out they already had lined up an informer anywhere from 2 weeks to months earlier.   I expect  FBI leadership  when put under oath to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Maybe you have different standards. 

Are you 100% sure of that yourself, or are you just repeating what "everybody is saying" (meaning everybody on reich-wing media)?

Why should you hold the FBI leadership to a higher standard than you hold your President to?

-DSK

2 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Do you expect the President to tell the "whole truth and nothing but the truth."?

10 minutes ago, random said:

Do you expect the President to tell the "whole truth and nothing but the truth."?

If he did, he wouldn’t be President. 

Shades of Al Capone

Mnuchin says Cohen's financial records are missing

Source: NY Post

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said financial records of President Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen appear to be missing from his agency and the inspector general is investigating. 

"Our inspector general is reviewing the issue of leaks. There is the appearance that some of the information may have gone out," Mnuchin told the House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday. 

The New Yorker last week wrote about a law enforcement official who released documents to the media about Cohen's banking records because he thought the information was being hidden. 

"There is no excuse whatsoever for anybody who has access to these important systems to release information on an unauthorized basis," Mnuchin said.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2018/05/22/mnuchin-says-cohens-financial-records-are-missing/ 

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Shades of Al Capone

Mnuchin says Cohen's financial records are missing

Source: NY Post

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said financial records of President Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen appear to be missing from his agency and the inspector general is investigating. 

"Our inspector general is reviewing the issue of leaks. There is the appearance that some of the information may have gone out," Mnuchin told the House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday. 

The New Yorker last week wrote about a law enforcement official who released documents to the media about Cohen's banking records because he thought the information was being hidden. 

"There is no excuse whatsoever for anybody who has access to these important systems to release information on an unauthorized basis," Mnuchin said.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2018/05/22/mnuchin-says-cohens-financial-records-are-missing/ 

That story doesn’t say what you think it says.   LOL

6 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

That story doesn’t say what you think it says.   LOL

if I read it correctly, it's poorly written and has 2 conclusions from Mnuchin:

1) records are missing - IG is investigating

2) leaks are bad - IG is investigating

Something for everyone here.

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

if I read it correctly, it's poorly written and has 2 conclusions from Mnuchin:

1) records are missing - IG is investigating

2) leaks are bad - IG is investigating

Something for everyone here.

It's also possible Mnuchin is blaming others for records his own department hid. Look at the letter Maxine Waters sent last January and is still unanswered.

DdW88XzV4AAXtIP.jpg