The debate over assault weapons

2 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Greever is the unheralded wingman.

:lol: 

That was actually pretty funny Joe!

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 5:36 AM, mad said:
On 12/10/2018 at 5:24 AM, jocal505 said:

As stated three times, his outfit once handed me a check for producing a show, in a park. That has been my only contact with Cease Fire. I was off the streets twelve years before Gary Slutkin began his work.

FACT: we shared the rare field of inner city violence interruption, in different orbits, and in different timeframes.

???????? :wacko:

It sounds like he's channeling Dr John's speech as they stepped off the bus at Dr Geary's place in the movie Across the Universe.  "What's weird, is that we've never met, on this, or any other plane". 

10 Reasons You Should Own An AR-15

Hmmm...

I remain unconvinced. All of those reasons seem to me to apply about equally to my wife's assault weapon and most of them even apply to a plinking handgun like the S&W Victory if it's a "large cap" version (meaning it has a sombrero screwed onto the end of the barrel.)

On 12/11/2018 at 10:51 AM, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

It sounds like he's channeling Dr John's speech as they stepped off the bus at Dr Geary's place in the movie Across the Universe.  "What's weird, is that we've never met, on this, or any other plane". 

Hi Ches. You guys pretend all this is difficult to grasp. It isn't, to any sincere person. 
In the sixties, I noticed cities burning, from the Cascade Mts. I set out to find out why. Now here we are. 

19 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

I remain unconvinced. All of those reasons seem to me to apply about equally to my wife's assault weapon

CoarseWindyAurochs-size_restricted.gif

20 hours ago, jocal505 said:

In the sixties, I noticed cities burning, from the Cascade Mts. I set out to find out why. Now here we are. 

It took a long time for you to come to the conclusion it was because people like you own assault weapons like mine and destroy your gun.

How many deaths did it cause during the intervening decades while you were figuring out how you should act?

2 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

It took a long time for you to come to the conclusion it was because people like you own assault weapons like mine and destroy your gun.

How many deaths did it cause during the intervening decades while you were figuring out how you should act?

Do tree stumps count?

48 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Do tree stumps count?

Only if packed with Tannerite.

In other assault weapon banning news, there were two more mass shootings that don't seem to be causing any Thoughts and Prayers of DOING SOMETHING.

Mass shooting in Philly

Four men were injured after a masked gunman opened fire inside a barbershop in the Logan section of Philadelphia on Thursday night.

“We found at least 22 spent shell casings inside the barbershop,” said Philadelphia Chief Inspector Scott Small.

Mass shooting in Louisiana

Four people have been shot, one fatally, in Natchitoches, according to police.

Natchitoches Police Department officers responded to the shooting just before midnight Tuesday at the dead-end of Caspari Street, which is off University Parkway. One victim had suffered a gunshot wound to his head and was pronounced dead at the scene by the Natchitoches Parish Coroner's Office.

No details are known in either case, but none are needed. Four is four. The answer is the same as it ever was.

5 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

We found at least 22 spent shell casings inside the barbershop,”

That's a dogballs number of spent casings.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

That's a dogballs number of spent casings.  :lol:

Yes, and demonstrating the extraordinary lethality of these "assault" weapons, he manage to kill no one.

I wonder if it was a "large cap" S&W Victory like the one I want to build? The somberero would be very much in the way of shooting accurately.

Thinking of going a different direction with the "large cap" S&W Victory assault weapon.

Purple velour is so much more hip than straw.

s-l300.jpg

Nothing says "like an M-16" like a giant purple top hat on a plinking handgun, right?

44 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

Thinking of going a different direction with the "large cap" S&W Victory assault weapon.

s-l300.jpg

Nothing says "like an M-16" like a giant purple top hat on a plinking handgun, right?

Yeah. We needed you to get more silly. 

If I see this correctly, two crusaders just got the head NRA honcho guy fired.

Josh Powell: The NRA official who has been presiding over budget cuts within the organization has been removed from his post.   Dec. 3 2018

Josh Powell, the gun group’s executive director of general operations, was “promoted” to a senior strategy role, according to an internal email obtained by The Trace’s Mike Spies. Prior to joining the NRA in 2016, Powell’s career had been marked by business failures and defaulted debts, as Mike and special correspondent John Cook laid out in an investigation this fall. 

His reassignment comes less than a week after Mike and John reported that the NRA reimbursed Powell for more than $100,000 in personal expenses last year even as it ran a second consecutive eight-figure deficit. Separate reporting by The Wall Street Journal showed that Powell extended the contract of a fund-raising consultant who had recently hired Powell’s wife, part of a pattern of lucrative deals to firms with ties to NRA insiders. Read more about this latest development.

https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/dicks-sporting-goods-nra-parkland-scotus/

Two weeks ago, these journalists demonstrated in tax filing that that the NRA was paying Josh's mortgage, on top of his $700,000 salary. But Josh had recently taken away the coffee machines and water dispensers at NRA HQ, in his austerity campaign. YCMTSU>

Josh's Carry Guard program was a bust. Still, on paper, he had been Wayne-O's successor one week ago.

The NRA is thrashing. Only the shape of Tom's assault buttplugs can stop the hemorrhage.

The Tom Ray Assault Sombrero.jpg

Mass Shooting In Miami

As is often the case, no one was killed, but five is five so we must DO SOMETHING.

According to Miami police Officer Michael Vega, officers responded to reports of a shooting at 239 NW 16th St. in the Overtown area. When police arrived they found two males and one female who were all shot in the ankles.

Fire rescue transported the victims to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center in stable condition, Vega said.

In addition, police also report that two more victims went to Jackson’s emergency room with gunshot wounds to the arm and shoulder, respectively.

“We need the community’s assistance in identifying the suspect(s) and finding a motive,” Vega said. If you have information call Miami police at 305-579-6111 and you can remain anonymous at 305-471-8477.

1 hour ago, dogballs Tom said:

Mass Shooting In Miami

As is often the case, no one was killed, but five is five so we must DO SOMETHING.

You are marginalizing a mass shooting, which for you is suitable PR for gunz. You must be a leading intellectual on Political Anarchy.

Mass shooting in North Carolina

(Maybe)

Police were called to the Valley Terrace Apartments, located at 2836 Chapel Hill Road, around 9:30 p.m. on a report of shots fired. A motive for the shooting was not immediately released but investigators said three men were wounded during the incident.

Their injuries were said to be non-life threatening, police said.

The victims' conditions and identities were pending.

A fourth person suffering from a gunshot wound sought care at a local hospital and Durham police were trying to determine if the shooting was related to the incident at Valley Terrace apartments.

As is often the case with these "mass" shootings, no one was killed.

That might be four in one place.

Anyway, the point is that they found a news article, four is four whether or not they're all in one place, and we must DO SOMETHING!

On 12/15/2018 at 6:34 AM, jocal505 said:
On 12/15/2018 at 5:49 AM, dogballs Tom said:

s-l300.jpg

Yeah. We needed you to get more silly. 

Just applying the definition of "assault weapon" in the TeamD Senate gun ban.

And yes, they're silly.

I wouldn't wear the purple shades though. Too Elton.

3 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Just applying the definition of "assault weapon" in the TeamD Senate gun ban.

And yes, they're silly.

I wouldn't wear the purple shades though. Too Elton.

Nice buttplug. Did it fit?

Went down to watch the sunset Saturday evening at my neighbor's dock and the whole area was so choked with hickup trucks that I couldn't drive through until they moved one. A couple of dozen teenage boys were shooting. Mostly shooting shotguns at clay but there seemed to be a couple of assault weapons in the mix too, whatever those are. The boys seemed intent on achieving maximum rate of fire sometimes.

I just did what I usually would do. Laughed, kept fishing, and eventually wandered over and hired them to move a carport for me this week.

Mass Shooting In Baltimore

Five people shot outside deli in Northwest Baltimore; two others shot in city later in the day

No one cares about the two others.

It's the mass shooting that's important here.

As in many other mass shootings, no one was killed, but the political lesson is always the same: DO SOMETHING!

16 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

Mass Shooting In Baltimore

No one cares about the two others.

It's the mass shooting that's important here.

As in many other mass shootings, no one was killed, but the political lesson is always the same: DO SOMETHING!

Nothing to see here? Really? This incident has a happy ending?

How would you like such mayhem to visit your family?

Just now, jocal505 said:

How would you like such mayhem to visit your family?

I think the chances have gone down dramatically since you destroyed your gun, so thanks!

No telling how many tragedies were averted!

2 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

I think the chances have gone down dramatically since you destroyed your gun, so thanks!

No telling how many tragedies were averted!

Four shooting survivors in your house would be no big deal. You would all be snarky while eating Wheaties the next morning.

Gun "Buyback" In Baltimore

Kathleen Cairns, a WBFF Baltimore journalist, tweeted a picture of a woman who was surrendering a 9mm. She hoped to use the money from the program to buy an even bigger gun.

There are other ways to game the system as well. For example, the city is offering $25 for every "hi-capacity" magazine turned in. Some digging from Daniel J. Mitchell of the Foundation for Economic Education (FEE) discovered that such a "hi-capacity" magazine can be purchased online for about $12. The $13 in profit may not seem like much money to some, but it can be the difference between paying for food, rent, a bill, or even a Christmas gift.

Good on Dan Mitchell for looking up the price. This is why the current confiscation program in New Jersey is absurd. The argument is that you can modify your magazine to be compliant with the new rules. But modifications cost money and you quickly run up against the full purchase price of a new one.

That and the issue of not wanting to be told what to do by clueless grabbers are why compliance is still hovering at zero.

3 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

why compliance is still hovering at zero.

Have a cite? The only thing hovering at zero is your brain, and it's fed every morning by reason.com.

Hi Pooplius. This is a (more proper) transfer of a gun discussion, from  elsewhere. 

Here's my version of that conversation with Tom  from the Bush is DTS thread. 

Tom: I love questions which everyone knows the answer to, but no one will answer.

Joe: Good, because I have one of those for you. Do you support Scalia's history,, aka "The Standard Model of the Second Amendment"?

Tom: Joe is a sea lion.

2 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Have a cite? The only thing hovering at zero is your brain, and it's fed every morning by reason.com.

Hi Pooplius. This is a (more proper) transfer of a gun discussion, from  elsewhere. 

Here's my version of that conversation with Tom  from the Bush is DTS thread. 

Tom: I love questions which everyone knows the answer to, but no one will answer.

Joe: Good, because I have one of those for you. Do you support Scalia's history,, aka "The Standard Model of the Second Amendment"?

Tom: Joe is a sea lion.

The irony of Joe bitching about someone not answering a direct question.

Frankly The answer of 'Joe is a sea lion' is more honest then your constant cutting and pasting other people's words on a variety of topics that never come close to answering the questions you are asked. More like "see joe is lying"

Mass Shooting In Vegas

District

Congressional District: 1
State Senate District: 10
State House District: 16

As is often the case in mass shootings,, no deaths, no known motive, no suspects, but who needs those things?

We have the magical number 4 and the legislative district information, which is plenty to ask that our government DO SOMETHING.

On 12/20/2018 at 8:19 AM, chinabald said:

The irony of Joe bitching about someone not answering a direct question.

Frankly The answer of 'Joe is a sea lion' is more honest then your constant cutting and pasting other people's words on a variety of topics that never come close to answering the questions you are asked. More like "see joe is lying"

See signature line, chinabald.  I don't mind intelligent guestions, but endless distractions are what I find.

My cutting and pasting features pertinent info, stuff which you need to know, but which you ignore. I'm often the anarchist who remains on task when guys like you employ distractions...for example in your post you are presenting my factual input as "lies," so I toss in thread title material, like this. Here we go again.

1,638 FIREARM BILLS WERE TRACKED IN 2018

In 2018, the gun lobby was largely thwarted in its efforts to weaken gun laws.

Notably, the gun lobby’s efforts to repeal laws requiring gun owners to obtain a permit to carry concealed firearms failed in every state where this legislation was introduced.

67 gun safety bills have been signed into law in 27 states in 2018

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Giffords-Law-Center-Year-End-Tr

1 hour ago, dogballs Tom said:

Mass Shooting In Vegas

As is often the case in mass shootings,, no deaths, no known motive, no suspects, but who needs those things?

We have the magical number 4 and the legislative district information, which is plenty to ask that our government DO SOMETHING.

At 1am, kids were having a Christmas party in a Las Vegas Mall. Someone shot four of the party goers, each left in an ambo.

And Tom wants to demonize the victims, to belittle the daily mass shootings.

Tom's sea lion.JPG

5 hours ago, jocal505 said:

See signature line, chinabald.

Why don't you just quote what it says, Joe, since I've never seen a post from you have a sig line.

Does it contain your elusive definition of "race-baiting"?

16 hours ago, bpm57 said:

Why don't you just quote what it says, Joe, since I've never seen a post from you have a sig line.

I’ve asked the same repeatedly, I can’t see anybody’s sig line after changing a setting years ago. 

34 minutes ago, mad said:
17 hours ago, bpm57 said:

I’ve asked the same repeatedly,

Not too hard to figure out, guys.

"Race baiting" means "quoting Jocal's racist posts for all to see."

An example:

On 12/23/2018 at 5:28 AM, dogballs Tom said:
On 10/21/2018 at 7:55 PM, dogballs Tom said:
On 5/4/2015 at 2:35 PM, jocal505 said:

The immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks. Even more deadly than among whites.

On 12/23/2018 at 5:26 AM, jocal505 said:

I saw quite a bit of gleeful race-baiting on our forums, in red bolded font. Hard to miss, and cite-able over a  3,5 year pattern. What is interesting is the cadre it came from.

You're a cadre now? Multiple personality disorder can be dangerous. Good thing you destroyed your gun.

This is not for me to define. Each anarchist will decide for himself what this dynamic is.

Congratulations @.22 Tom. You won Race-baiter of the Year in 2018. 

th (3).jpg

32 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

I'd like to thank the Academy and especially Joe, without whom I would not have racist posts to quote.

Go for it. I waited a few years to confront you about MLK. I took the gloves off March 25, 2015. Your response is the TR race-baiter triple play in Post 65, featuring Judge Taney. Six weeks later, you had used the red quote four times, then you achieved full redneck glory.

You were race-baiting Random the day before I took the gloves off. 

I learned a lot from MLK and I'll be around, Tom.

Tom and Taney.JPG

12 minutes ago, VOA said:

Awesome! You don’t do the defining bit but you hand out the awards!

Now that’s just so logical

Jo is worse than Wofsey for Obfuscation and downright disingenuous posts. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VOA said:

Awesome! You don’t do the defining bit but you hand out the awards!

Now that’s just so logical

We are wide open for a good definition of, or a good discussion of, racebaiting. But speaking for myself,  I would include this very bit. It was so offensive I wouldn't touch Tom's race-baiter thread; in died over the winter of 2014-2015. Tom began his thread with this gag.

DRED, MLK'S PERMIT.JPG

1 minute ago, mad said:

You, meaning "mad". employed this conversation last week with plenty of taunting, and finger pointing, but without content. What do you have to offer, now that you have come creeping around?

1 minute ago, VOA said:

So tell us why then Jo. Why was MLK denied?

I know the answer too. 

Some redneck took advantage of the situation. Rednecks suck, do you agree, "VOA"?

7 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

You, meaning "mad". employed this conversation last week with plenty of taunting, and finger pointing, but without content. What do you have to offer, now that you have come creeping around?

We’re still waiting for you confirm your working relationship with Slutkin along with pulling a gun and shooting tree stumps. 

7 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Some redneck took advantage of the situation. Rednecks suck, do you agree, "VOA"?

Broad brush Jo. 

2 minutes ago, VOA said:

I’m not your broad brush type of guy Jo. I’ve met some really nice folks that are happy to call themselves rednecks.

Here we go. I only know one actual race-baiter. Do your red-neck friends employ race-baiting?

1 minute ago, mad said:

We’re still waiting for you confirm your working relationship with Slutkin along with pulling a gun and shooting tree stumps. 

Oh, my bad,  I figured you were a hater, who was hatin' it.

You are desperate to know, I see. So go to the quote you quoted, which you highlighted, selectively. As stated there, we shared the field of violence interruption, in different timeframes.

Listless much? Have anything meaningful going on in your life?

26 minutes ago, VOA said:

I’ve heard some of them tell nigger jokes sometimes. Matter of fact the funniest nigger joke I’ve ever heard was delivered by an African American. He was a redneck kinda. The delivery was perfect.  Mercury outboards

We are picking up momentum now. 

Next question. Does your anecdotal redneck buddy, a person of whatever color, hail from the Deep South, perhaps? 

I know a black guy who drives a pickup with "Blackneck" on the rear window. 

Trolling while rolling?

3 hours ago, jocal505 said:

This is not for me to define. Each anarchist will decide for himself what this dynamic is.

Congratulations @.22 Tom. You won Race-baiter of the Year in 2018. 

th (3).jpg

If you can’t define it, you aren’t qualified to say people are doing it.

And you certainly can’t give out the award.

Besides you can’t regift your race baiter of the year award. You get to keep that one for another year. 

1 hour ago, mad said:

It’s not fair to wofsey to compare them. Wofsey has his quirks but now and then he posts pure gold. And his post to original content ratio is high where Jocal doesn’t post original material very often. 

2 minutes ago, chinabald said:

And you certainly can’t give out the award.

Yes I can, unless you can present competition. LMFAO.

But what did @.22 Tom win?

3 minutes ago, chinabald said:

If you can’t define it, you aren’t qualified to say people are doing it.

You may be surprised. I was moot for two years, then race-baiting erupted from a certain quarter.

1 minute ago, chinabald said:

It’s not fair to wofsey to compare them. Wofsey has his quirks but now and then he posts pure gold. And his post to original content ratio is high where Jocal doesn’t post original material very often. 

Good point, I shouldn’t have tarred Wofsey with same brush. 

1 hour ago, jocal505 said:

Oh, my bad,  I figured you were a hater, who was hatin' it.

You are desperate to know, I see. So go to the quote you quoted, which you highlighted, selectively. As stated there, we shared the field of violence interruption, in different timeframes.

Listless much? Have anything meaningful going on in your life?

What do I hate Jo? It’s a very strong term, enlighten me about my thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Yes I can, unless you can present competition. LMFAO.

But what did @.22 Tom win?

You may be surprised. I was moot for two years, then race-baiting erupted from a certain quarter.

You are often moot but never mute. 

1 minute ago, mad said:

What do I hate Jo? It’s a very strong term, enlighten me about my thoughts. 

You are a clever and superior sort, you must be the very one to guide us through this.

Of course, unlike myself, you avoided the detritus of the inner cities. I thought of them as armpits. And seeing it, I supposed that decent folk would want to know what was going on there, the level of disconnect. 

A certain cadre around here takes this to an interesting place, I must say.

3 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

And Mike can provide documentation for his comments. Different time frames? No problem.

Ah, the morning of Christmas Eve. I count three skid marks in the toilet bowl.  

4 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

So you're less full of shit than usual. Happy for ya.

3 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Your apparent lack of domestic hygiene is preferably best discussed elsewhere. 

I count three bad-faith discussion guys. All the low-lifes show up to discuss a sensitive topic, the achievement of racial equality. 

And you are clueless, you need a definition of race-baiting. Right.

I just want to hear about your being a key element of Slutkin's work a dozen years prior to him doing it.

1 hour ago, jocal505 said:

I count three bad-faith discussion guys. All the low-lifes show up to discuss a sensitive topic, the achievement of racial equality. 

And you are clueless, you need a definition of race-baiting. Right.

In my case, yes.

Please define race baiting? It’s not something that I’ve ever come across in my life, or at the least, I’m not aware of it. 

Though that maybe due to a generational thing along with a very different background of living overseas. 

8 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Tom and Taney.JPG

So race baiting is calling you out for your own history of racist posts, Joe?

Or is the "race-baiting" the part where everyone reads your words and ascribes a racist intent to it, even if that wasn't what you intended?

If that is the case, perhaps you should of explained what you meant instead of letting this go on for years.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

YEARS. Really?

Yes.

In various forms it’s been going on for years, I’m guilty of just scanning them quickly and basically ignoring them. 

However, it’s maybe time for Jo to explain this and his other posting habits here. Though I doubt that will ever happen. 

Getting back to the thread topic,

Mass Shooting In Missouri

Officers responded to 1042 West College Street Sunday morning around 3:30 regarding several people shot. Officers immediately found two victims on the floor. Emergency crews transported them to a hospital.

Officers later received word from both Mercy and Cox South Hospitals that more victims from that same party came in for treatment. The victims include five women and three men. One woman is in critical condition. None of the other victims suffered life-threatening injuries.

Police say they do not have a suspect in the shootings identified at this time. Based on evidence at the scene, they think there were at least two shooters involved.

8 is way more than four, so that one provides twice the normal reason to DO SOMETHING

Unlike the last four mass shootings, the one on Christmas Eve involved fatalities.

Mass Shooting In Louisiana

A Christmas Eve shooting outside a bar in Lutcher left two men dead and two wounded, one of them a 15-year-old boy, the St. James Parish sheriff said Tuesday.

The shooting took place near the Neighborhood Lounge on Main Street, where hundreds of people were gathered on Christmas Eve following the bonfires along the Mississippi River levee, Sheriff Willy Martin Jr. said during a news conference at the scene Tuesday afternoon.

"We all ought to be rejoicing and singing 'Joy to the World,' and here we are on a sad day dealing with crimes like this," Martin said.

The two deceased victims were cousins. One of them was a college football player.

No motive or suspects had been uncovered as of Tuesday afternoon, but investigators believe the shooting may be related to a rift between young men in the communities of Lutcher and Convent, Martin said.

“We don’t know what aggravated the situation that night where guns started getting brandished and shots fired,” Martin said.

The Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information about the crime to come forward.

Investigators may need information to find the perpetrators, but we already have all the necessary information for a common sense legislative response.

Four is four. DO SOMETHING.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:28 PM, bpm57 said:
On 12/24/2018 at 3:39 AM, jocal505 said:

I am here to announce the winne.  RACEBAITER OF THE YEAR, 2018 goes to Tom Ray

So race baiting is calling you out for your own history of racist posts, Joe?

You tell me what it is. You are DeadEye Dick, maybe you noticed some, or not. But you use the plural, and one post of 12,000 has become the tool of a certain type of person. Dabs was flicked while being less offensive, IMO, but our community deserves Tom, I guess. He has found a place where his race-baiter habit is acceptable. Again, I'm in a lawn chair, studying the culture of the deep south I fear.

If that is the case, perhaps you should of explained what you meant

I've explained it thirty times. So if you think this extended race-baiter bit has worth and merit for you, then just line up, and continue. The first amendment will sort you out your elk.

Or is the "race-baiting" the part where everyone reads your words and ascribes a racist intent to it, even if that wasn't what you intended?

Each reader will see this for himself... and I am just fine with that. 

instead of letting this go on for years.

Have a Merry Christmas, but go to the source, bpm. 

A race-baiter source in our community, named Tom Ray, has obviously initiated, controlled, and manipulated this situation for some years, with much smarminess. His agenda is supported, and is successful in dumbing the racial discussion down, to be no higher than Judge Taney, which is a pretty low bar. The guy can't discuss MLK in non-gun terms, which confirms the commitment to the low bar. The race-baiting is a symptom of something else, something real, and something limited to a base level.

Given Mr. Ray's consistency, and the posts that trigger his red race-baiting, he may feel threatened. But our forums now feature ongoing  race-baiting, starring Tom Ray.  I give a few of you column inches, for your race-baiting. I admit that.  I don't mind when you identify yourselves.

On 12/24/2018 at 8:52 AM, mad said:

Please define race baiting? It’s not something that I’ve ever come across in my life, or at the least, I’m not aware of it.

You are coming across like a dumbass now. What is this stupid shit, below? Hmmm, race-baiter red-ink samples collected and posted --- one month after Dylann.  That was long ago.

And 2018 saw red race-baiting on OCD, but you missed it, eh?

Tom Ray, on 25 Mar 2015 - 2:44 PM, said:

Black Panthers Encourage Firearms Proliferation

(…)

More proliferation.

SCLC Director urges blacks to arm themselves WHY ARE WE BASHING MLK'S CHURCH?

1. Tom Ray Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

The immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks. Even more deadly than among whites.

How does that black gun violence amplifier work, anyway?

2.Post 390 May 5   Tom Ray, on 02 Apr 2015 - 1:26 PM, said:

Quote:

A twit like me can't see how the amplified and volatile desire for gunpower is working to create the problems you noted.

3.Post 400 May 7 Tom Ray Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

My guess: it has something to do with the hope that ...the immature, short-sighted desire for gunpowerpenispower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks.

4.Post 415, May 8 Tom Ray Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:38 AM

I'm here to learn. Specifically, I'm eager to learn how the immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks. What is it about black people that make them more immature, more short-sighted, and more volatile when they are exposed to guns? Was it wise to deny MLK his permit because his melanin-rich skin made him more volatile than white people? You seem determined to preserve the ability to cops to engage in that kind of discrmination, so I want to learn why blacks are so darn dangerous in your view.

5. Post 417, May 8 Tom Ray Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:10 AM

(To anarchist random) I'm just trying to learn more about black people from local expert Jocal. Obviously, there's nothing racist about this statement he made: the immature, short-sighted desire for gunpower is amplified, and more volatile, among blacks.

So I'm asking about it. Why is that bad? And by the way, what actions have you taken so far to eliminate Aussie Apartheid? Or are you all complaints about other countries, no action in your own?

Are you certain you have''t noticed this same cheap @.22 Tom pattern, thru 2018? Does this pointless, racist-based shit suit you? Is it to be to be new normal? Really?

Below we find a valuable, current scholar, being dragged into race-baiting. But Adam WInkler can discuss the nuances and issues and progress and goals of the racial end of civil rights. He has a right to speak. In contrast, mad,  if Tom and Don Kates and Steven Halbrook have nothing to contribute (but gunplay and crude talk, and sad racebaiter innuendo), they should STFU.

Tom and Winkler.JPG

15 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

You are coming across like a dumbass now. What is this stupid shit, below? Hmmm, race-baiter red-ink samples collected and posted --- one month after Dylann.  That was long ago.

And 2018 saw red race-baiting on OCD, but you missed it, eh?

Are you certain you have''t noticed this same cheap @.22 Tom pattern, thru 2018? Does this pointless, racist-based shit suit you? Is it to be to be new normal? Really?

Below we find a valuable, current scholar, being dragged into race-baiting. But Adam WInkler can discuss the nuances and issues and progress and goals of the racial end of civil rights. He has a right to speak. In contrast, mad,  if Tom and Don Kates and Steven Halbrook have nothing to contribute (but gunplay and crude talk, and sad racebaiter innuendo), they should STFU.

Tom and Winkler.JPG

Yes Jo, I did miss all of this. Unlike you, I have far better things to do with my life than run around archiving stupid shit from a barely read forum. 

I suggest you do the same. 

Winkler is still one of my favorite grabbers.

On 2/22/2017 at 8:45 AM, dogballs Tom said:

Adam Winkler on banning mean-looking weapons.

Magazine Ban Won't Help

Americans have tried over and over to outlaw things that some insist are objectionable and others enjoy. Prohibition was repealed when its supporters realized that the disobeyed laws against alcohol brought the whole legal system into disrepute. The war on drugs is widely recognized as an abject failure. We haven't even been able to stop music file-sharing, which despite a 10-year effort by the recording industry is as popular as ever.

Like alcohol, drugs and file-sharing, guns — including the ones with large magazines — are here to stay. Gun policy is going to be more effective when we stop fighting against that simple fact.

Asked in an interview about mean looking weapons bans:

My own view is that there's no way to make assault rifle bans effective. It's an ineffective law, it's an ineffective goal, it's an ineffective policy that's mostly about symbolism and not about substance. The truth is assault weapons are used very infrequently in crimes. I think there is a grand total of about 300 people a year who die from rifles of any sort––assault or otherwise.

When the assault weapons ban was in effect, there was only one credible study of its impact, and that study found that it was not associated with any significant reduction of violence.

Why banning assault rifles won't reduce gun violence

we already know that banning assault weapons won't reduce gun crime or deaths. Worse, the bans may make it harder to enact more effective gun control laws.

The problem starts with the term itself. The “assault weapons” for sale in the U.S. now aren't really weapons of war.

America's gun debate suffers because of unreasonable, extreme positions taken by the NRA. But gun control advocates who push for bans on one kind of rifle primarily because it looks scary also contribute to the problem. Such bans don't reduce gun crime, but they do stimulate passionate opposition from law-abiding gun owners: Gun control advocates ridicule the NRA's claim that the government is coming to take away people's guns, then try to outlaw perhaps the most popular rifle in the country.

On 12/24/2018 at 3:12 PM, Blue Crab said:

YEARS. Really?

Yes,  really. For years, Tom has put some interesting issues on display. @.22 Tom  has danced around the race issue for years.

Tom has a thing. He likes to race-bait random, too. What do you make of it, Blue Crab?

26 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Yes,  really. For years, Tom has put some interesting issues on display. @.22 Tom  has danced around the race issue for years.

Tom has a thing. He likes to race-bait random, too. What do you make of it, Blue Crab?

You sound like Flynn.  He initially said his lying was due to entrapment.  You think your racist statements are due to racebaiting.

it’s SAD!

• Like 1

As above.

I can't be arsed to re-read old stuff.

Like your assertion that you were a key part of Slutkin's work a dozen years before he did it, readers have asked repeatedly for a simple "I overstated my relationship and timing of my street work," but you haven't done that that I'm aware of.

Tom is asking the same. In fact, you are making Tom look good.

Thanks for asking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Below we find a valuable, current scholar, being dragged into race-baiting.

Are you ever going to post _your_ definition of "race-baiting", Joe? Because it doesn't seem to mesh with the dictionary definition.

Joe, seriously, go buy a cheap laptop and start with a new handle. Forget guns. Ya got nutin more to add.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:49 AM, dogballs Tom said:

s-l300.jpg

1 minute ago, jocal505 said:

You need a party hat, and a roll-out party kazoo.

I thought you didn't like the hat?

Can you suggest a better one, that really says "like an M16" more clearly? Remember, it has to be large because I want a large cap assault weapon.

And if the threaded barrel has the large cap, where to attach the kazoo?

8 hours ago, bpm57 said:

it doesn't seem to mesh with the dictionary definition.

is there only one dictionary bpm? Do you get the internet, perhaps?

This is your journey, and other races share your lifeboat. I can't convince you of XYZ, and I don't bother. You are on your own.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:50 PM, mad said:

And you know exactly when Joey been backed into a corner and hits his frustration threshold..... the MS Paint memes come out. 

16 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Maybe if you and randumb weren’t so fucking blatantly racist- you two would be so easy to “bait”. Just saying. 

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Maybe if you and randumb weren’t so fucking blatantly racist- you two would be so easy to “bait”. Just saying. 

You must have an eye for spotting racists. You sound like a POS.

17 hours ago, jocal505 said:

is there only one dictionary bpm? Do you get the internet, perhaps?

This is your journey, and other races share your lifeboat. I can't convince you of XYZ, and I don't bother. You are on your own.

blah, blah, blah.

Still unable to define your go to phrase. Go figure.

I look forward to your cut-n-paste of someone elses work explaining the history of the phrase "race-baiting". It will have you hit a new low for avoiding a question - since it will not answer the difficult question "what do you think "race-baiting" means?"

1 hour ago, SailBlueH2O said:

After murder rate passes NYC, London Mayor Sadiq Khan calls for sharper knife control

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/04/09/london-mayor-knife-control/500328002/

“Sharper knife control”?  Does that mean that only dull knives are allowed in the UK?

...St. Charles police confirmed that three people were shot and killed at the home on Whetstone, and a fourth victim later died at the hospital from gunshot wounds sustained at the home. 

Zoe J. Kasten, 8, Jonathan Kasten, 10, and Jane Moeckel, 61, have been identified by police as the victims. A fourth victim, a 39-year-old woman, has not yet been positively identified.

Police said the 39-year-old woman was the mother of the two children found dead inside the home. Family members who spoke to News 4 identified the woman as Kate Kasten.

During a press conference, police said they believed Emery lived in the home and was Kasten's boyfriend.

The Major Case Squad has been called in to assist with the investigation. Helicopter and SWAT teams were also called to assist in the search for the suspect.

Hours later, detectives say Emery attempted to carjack a woman near DelaCroix, near Muegge Road. He was unable to start the woman's car and then stabbed the woman seven times. Her injuries were non-life threatening, according to police.  

Police took Emery in custody when they found him at a St. Charles QuikTrip. Workers at the convenience store called police when Emery, covered in blood, went into the bathroom.

That's four, so the answer is the same as it ever was: DO SOMETHING!

The stabbing probably indicates a need for Brit style knife control.

On 12/28/2018 at 12:04 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

“Sharper knife control”?  Does that mean that only dull knives are allowed in the UK?

I was always told as a kid that a dull knife was more dangerous. :huh:

12 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

That's four, so the answer is the same as it ever was: DO SOMETHING!

The stabbing probably indicates a need for Brit style knife control.

A whole family was wiped out, by a freaked=out step dad. Multiple family shootings have become pretty common. Most mass murder situations are domestic.

Nothing to see here, let's accept this and move on.

20 minutes ago, mad said:

I was always told as a kid that a dull knife was more dangerous. :huh:

You are an adult now. What do you think?