Sign in to follow this  
Shootist Jeff

The debate over assault weapons

Learn the code, Jeff: opposing gun bans is "calling for moar gunz."

Mass Shooting In Chicago Suburb

One woman was killed and three other people injured in a shooting Sunday outside an Elgin bar.

The incident occurred about 12:25 a.m. in a parking lot in the 500 block of South McLean Boulevard, according to a post on the Elgin Police Department’s Facebook page.

Police said the suspect was known to the victims but would not say if anyone is in custody.

Just like every mass shooting, the lesson here is that we must DO SOMETHING. If you question any aspect of SOMETHING, you're calling for moar gunz.

We know what the mindset for moar gunz sounds like, it is a hum in the air on PA.

But we need moar race-baiting, every morning. Let it rip mates. <_<  

Mass shooting in California

Investigators believe the shooting may have started following an altercation inside the club. Several people were apparently involved in the fight and subsequent exchange of gunfire, Officer Ryan Railsback said.

Arriving officers found two victims suffering from gunshot wounds, a Police Department news release stated.

Five more victims of the shooting later arrived at area hospitals on their own to receive medical treatment, police stated.

None of the injures were described as life-threatening, Railsback said.

Not convenient enough to merit its own thread, but just like every mass shooting, the lesson here is that we must DO SOMETHING.

I think we need another AW ban, because things got much worse after the '94 ban expired. This is what 2014 looked like.

Number of Mass Shootings on the Rise, Most at Schools

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/number-mass-shootings-rise-most-schools-fbi-report-n211261

11 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

I think we need another AW ban, because things got much worse after the '94 ban expired. This is what 2014 looked like.

Number of Mass Shootings on the Rise, Most at Schools

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/number-mass-shootings-rise-most-schools-fbi-report-n211261

Though it's hard to say why the number of shootings has increased, officials say they believe many shooters are inspired by past killings and the resulting notoriety.

Look up notoriety, Joe. You've got to do your part and mention at least a couple of mass murderers every day or we'll run out of politically convenient victims to exploit!

5 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

Look up notoriety, Joe. You've got to do your part and mention at least a couple of mass murderers every day or we'll run out of politically convenient victims to exploit!

You want to hide the negative gun activity, but infamy calls out to the lonely and the confused. The behavior is human nature, and it isn't working in your favor.

We need another AW ban, based on what is happening before our eyes.

Oswald for Boothy.PNG

5 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

We will never run out of politically convenient 15-year-old victims.

qJw76eW.jpg

Ha Ha, the NRA must be smarting over this one.

BREAKING: FedEx cuts ties with the NRA

Source: Think Progress

The move comes eight months after ThinkProgress reported its support of the gun lobby. 

KIRA LERNER 
OCT 30, 2018, 3:23 PM 

FedEx said on Tuesday that it will stop providing discounts to members of the National Rifle Association, eight months after ThinkProgress reported the that the shipping company was helping the gun lobby entice members. 

The decision comes three days after a gunman entered a Pittsburgh synagogue and shot and killed 11 people and wounded several others. 

FedEx did not change its policies for the NRA after the Parkland shooting in February. After that shooting, more than two dozen companies that previous offered discounts to NRA members cut ties with the organization. The decisions were sparked by public outrage and social media campaigns after 17 students were shot and killed in Florida. 

Both Delta and United Airlines said they’d no longer be offering discounts to members traveling to the NRA’s annual meeting. Various car rental companies, insurers, and financial companies said they’d no longer participate in programs with the gun lobby.

Read more: https://thinkprogress.org/fedex-cuts-tied-with-the-nra-3ef590dc8192/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, badlatitude said:

qJw76eW.jpg

Alarmingly, NPR reported that some school shootings that have been reported appear to have actually happened. A minority of them, but some.

Gotta punish people who own squirrel shooters and don't vote with the TEAM!

DiFiScreenshotTruth.jpg

Your innocent squirrel shooter is as dangerous and in some views, indispensable in a prepper wet dream. We all know that's why you want to hold on to it, and why you play a victim. It ain't working Tom. 

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Your innocent squirrel shooter is as dangerous and in some views, indispensable in a prepper wet dream. We all know that's why you want to hold on to it, and why you play a victim. It ain't working Tom. 

Should your customer have the right to own the SCAR assault weapon you sold?

17 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

I would bet he could buy it back for a dollar, whenever he wants...

2 minutes ago, Greever said:

I would bet he could buy it back for a dollar, whenever he wants...

Imaginary guns are nice that way, but don't spoil my fun.

20 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

If the people of Oregon ban them tomorrow it still won't be my problem.

1 minute ago, dogballs Tom said:

Imaginary guns are nice that way, but don't spoil my fun.

:rolleyes: my bad.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

If the people of Oregon ban them tomorrow it still won't be my problem.

I just read in another thread that you tried to buy it back? 

Why?

And you supposedly sold it for $500. ? A Scar with world class glass, and all of the bells and whistles? 

Something does not add up...

34 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

If I actually had any "prepper" nightmares I might buy an ammosexual overcompensator like you did.

It's about the only reason I can think of to buy one, other than that compensation thing.

Which is why I haven't.

Some of us still do see a difference between these two rounds.

On 6/2/2018 at 4:29 PM, Mark K said:

Not really. Discussing the question with someone who can't tell the difference between these two rounds...

22_223a.jpg

...would be a discussion with either a moron or a victim of mental illness. Perhaps someone who has been horribly brain-washed, I dare not guess.  I think it best to leave such in the hands of professionals.    

Just now, Greever said:

I just read in another thread that you tried to buy it back? 

Why?

And you supposedly sold it for $500. ? A Scar with world class glass, and all of the bells and whistles? 

Something does not add up...

I sold it for $100. I had about $13,000 in it, more or less. When I decided I didn't have any use for it, I contacted the state of Oregon, and they did not have destruction facilities. The local police department would not guarantee that it would not be used or sold. After selling it, I gave the $100 to a homeless man I encountered on the way out.

We value things differently

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

The local police department would not guarantee that it would not be used or sold.

Most gun dealers issue that kind of guarantee when they buy guns.

It's also binding on their heirs. It's safe forever.

6 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

If I actually had any "prepper" nightmares I might buy an ammosexual overcompensator like you did.

It's about the only reason I can think of to buy one, other than that compensation thing.

Which is why I haven't.

Some of us still do see a difference between these two rounds.

Shoot someone with that little tiny dogballs round and they will meet their maker at exactly the same time as someone shot with that larger round. Who are you kidding?

1 minute ago, dogballs Tom said:

Most gun dealers issue that kind of guarantee when they buy guns.

It's also binding on their heirs. It's safe forever.

Let's call it the one that got away.

13 hours ago, badlatitude said:

qJw76eW.jpg

Alarmingly, NPR reported that some school shootings that have been reported appear to have actually happened. A minority of them, but some.

Gotta punish people who own squirrel shooters and don't vote with the TEAM!

What a dick.

I  the summer of '75 I befriended a five-man gangsta group in Detroit. Oldest kid was 19. One on dialysis. On a hot summer day, in a work environment, I find three with scars in their upper bodies from multiple bullet wounds .

Don't be a dick while we discuss the bullet wounds in these kids.

On 10/21/2018 at 1:46 PM, jocal505 said:

Big city guns are the prob and should be the focus.

@Blue Crab  The Chicago-type dog whistle ^^^^. Your concern is noted. Time for you to weigh in, unless you are a poser. 

Big city gunz have been successfully controlled in thirteen different sites by the work of Cure Violence. You must be very excited.

Highlights

• 30% reduction in shootings (comparing the 24 months before the implementation of CeaseFire to the 24 months after implementation)
  • In the five hotspot areas, CeaseFire was associated with a statistically significant reduction in both total shootings (victims of all ages) and shootings of individuals between the ages of 10 and 35.
  • Although in some models comparison groups also showed reductions in shootings, these reductions were either not statistically significant or not as large as those in the CeaseFire target areas.

http://cureviolence.org/understand-violence/changing-behavior/

What they do is use ex-gangstas with lousy criminal records to convince others to be cool, to avoid "confrontations".     

And Jo fucks up yet another quote.

5 minutes ago, mad said:

And Jo fucks up yet another quote.

Ride the straw man, buddy, see if it gets you to town.

Except for simple varmint weapons, guns are for cowards  

As are F-35's, bazookas, Abrams tanks, and etc. 

We now regularly hear gunfire at night (mostly) in our small city, and just walking around had become sort of nervous making. 

You don't hear that, and you don't get that feeling in Canadian or European cities with few or no guns. (Or New Zealand, Oz, Japan, etc.) 

So who is more free ?  Not us, for sure. 

Veterans For Peace 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Poser? Ive got a sawed off shotgun at the ready. I'm maybe 1200 miles from Chicago but I'm ready for gangsta punkasses!

5 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

As are F-35's, bazookas, Abrams tanks, and etc. 

We now regularly hear gunfire at night (mostly) in our small city, and just walking around had become sort of nervous making. 

You don't hear that, and you don't get that feeling in Canadian or European cities with few or no guns. (Or New Zealand, Oz, Japan, etc.) 

So who is more free ?  Not us, for sure. 

Veterans For Peace 

We hear gunfire during hunting season. I have run hunters off my family's land but otherwise not a big problem...... just part of local culture.

OTOH there are occasional shootings in the city, there are drugs here. It's still not scary enough to justify packing. I don't want to shoot anybody, anyway, and I seriously thought it was likely I'd have to then I would be more likely to move away.

-DSK

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

OTOH there are occasional shootings in the city, there are drugs here. It's still not scary enough to justify packing. I don't want to shoot anybody, anyway, and I seriously thought it was likely I'd have to then I would be more likely to move away.

-DSK

The question is, which is more free, societies with gunz out the wazoo, or those without?  

1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

The question is, which is more free, societies with gunz out the wazoo, or those without?  

We just have knives and acid instead.  

52 minutes ago, VOA said:

I see Germany's largest mass killer since WW2 didn't use an AW. Or any gunz for that matter.

Yeah but using noxious exhaust fumes (emitted from VW) was hardly a new idea.....:ph34r:

12 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

This is quite telling. I was surprised to come across this bit. Hang onto your hat for a wild ride with this one.

Part III  MILITIA MYTHS: WHY ARMED POPULATIONS DON’T PREVENT TYRANNY, BUT OFTEN LEAD TO IT

http://www.armedwithreason.com/militia-myths-why-armed-populations-dont-prevent-tyranny-but-often-lead-to-it/

This time of year, I switch magazines from milsurp  to Winchester 150 gr "Power Point" for Ilk, Bambi, Boo Boo, and Mtn. Lion.

Years ago, I spent too much for some reduced capacity (5 round)  "bench rest" mags thinking  "save weight to lug around the mtns", but after getting skeert  once hiking in zero viz, I now carry the standard mag.

I bring along a Ruger 10/22 with 2x7  scope for sitting around camp, using CCI mini-mag 36 GR HP in a few of those very nice factory rotary mags. (I don't like those extended "banana mags",, they mess up the lines of a nice little piece)

because it's just right for those evil Blue Grouse  that AMBUSH me every time I leave camp,

Image result for blue grouse

, and it doesn't make any sense to use a full calibre on something smaller than a chicken,, even if they DO scare the crap out of me every time.

The scoped MK II  gets fed the same ammo as 10/22 so by finding a "tree limb rest" it makes an accurate sniper pistol for Grouse or 'yote.

The 9 is carried cross draw on my chest for really bigass yotes.

I don't ask "permission" from The Crown if I change my mind and want to carry  different equipment on any day.

Does that answer your question in #535, AJ Oliver?

On 10/31/2018 at 12:09 PM, AJ Oliver said:

How simple do they have to be?

My assault weapon looks like one of these:

marlin-assault-rifles.jpg

In my namesake caliber, needless to say.

My wife's assault weapon is worse: a Ruger 10/22 with a scary adjustable stock. Are you on board with the TeamD Senate plan to ban such things as "assault weapons" or not?

Let's make it about your wife's dogballs for 23 months. Let's be a non-player.

1 hour ago, Mike in Seattle said:

This time of year, I switch magazines from milsurp  to Winchester 150 gr "Power Point" for Ilk, Bambi, Boo Boo, and Mtn. Lion.

Years ago, I spent too much for some reduced capacity (5 round)  "bench rest" mags thinking  "save weight to lug around the mtns", but after getting skeert  once hiking in zero viz, I now carry the standard mag.

I bring along a Ruger 10/22 with 2x7  scope for sitting around camp, using CCI mini-mag 36 GR HP in a few of those very nice factory rotary mags. (I don't like those extended "banana mags",, they mess up the lines of a nice little piece)

because it's just right for those evil Blue Grouse  that AMBUSH me every time I leave camp,

Image result for blue grouse

, and it doesn't make any sense to use a full calibre on something smaller than a chicken,, even if they DO scare the crap out of me every time.

The scoped MK II  gets fed the same ammo as 10/22 so by finding a "tree limb rest" it makes an accurate sniper pistol for Grouse or 'yote.

The 9 is carried cross draw on my chest for really bigass yotes.

I don't ask "permission" from The Crown if I change my mind and want to carry  different equipment on any day.

Does that answer your question in #535, AJ Oliver?

Last bow hunting trip I went on 12 or so years ago. The land owner tells me to bring my shotgun and we would hunt grouse on the last day after the morning deer hunt. 

3 days in a row multiple times I flushed grouse on my way to my deer stand, scared the crap out of me each time. Never saw a deer. Grouse hunting, saw 3 deer and no birds. Over all it was a great weekend in the woods. 

• Like 1

One heavily armed hunter equipped with a bow, ka-bar, shotgun and a cell phone vs a flock of birds.  Sounds terrifying.

edit: Two heavily armed hunters.

my question is more relatable to the actual topic of the debate .

Anyone ever build a AR kit from Ceratec?   Their prices are so low I am wary.

Disingenuous Tom has offended many fellow gun owners like meself with the dogballs crap. Take that trigger mechanism out of the wife's Ruger. Two pins, two seconds. Turn on computer and learn how to modify trigger pull pressure. CAUTION: it's really easy to screw up and make it full auto rock and roll! [Heh heh]

Now her squirrel shooter is in fact a terrorist weapon not an "ordinary dogballs." One dogball round probably won't be lethal but 5 or 10 or 20 probably will be.

I'm a gun guy but let's stop the charade. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chinabald said:

3 days in a row multiple times I flushed grouse on my way to my deer stand, scared the crap out of me each time. Never saw a deer. Grouse hunting, saw 3 deer and no birds. Over all it was a great weekend in the woods. 

During Bambi season  I see real nice Ilk,  does & fawns.

Ilk season, of course, I see the big bucks as well as does & fawns.

, but never the Grouse, until they scare the crap out of me.

Once, I decided to quit hunting Ilk for the walk back to camp, and hunt Grouse instead.

( "normal" logic would dictate that when I carry the rimfire,  with Rifal slung on back is the time I would see that Trophy Ilk )

I put my best "sneak" into the spot where Grouse always ambush me,, but the commie bastards had a lookout up a tree and they got me anyway.

Over all it's always a great weekend in the woods

1 hour ago, anthonyvop said:

my question is more relatable to the actual topic of the debate .

Anyone ever build a AR kit from Ceratec?   Their prices are so low I am wary.

I don't think there are many (if any)  builders on this board

Find your way to Florida arfcom page, and you'll probably find someone who has built AR stuff and can give good advice.

3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Disingenuous Tom has offended many fellow gun owners like meself with the dogballs crap. Take that trigger mechanism out of the wife's Ruger. Two pins, two seconds. Turn on computer and learn how to modify trigger pull pressure. CAUTION: it's really easy to screw up and make it full auto rock and roll! [Heh heh]

Now her squirrel shooter is in fact a terrorist weapon not an "ordinary dogballs." One dogball round probably won't be lethal but 5 or 10 or 20 probably will be.

I'm a gun guy but let's stop the charade. 

The fact that her gun, like many others, can be illegally modified does not mean that it's "crap" to point out that her gun is an "assault weapon" just like an AR 15 or any other scary black gun. It just means I do what others here do not and read the definitions in laws. Why that's offensive is beyond me. Because illegal mods are possible? Huh?

3 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

During Bambi season  I see real nice Ilk,  does & fawns.

Ilk season, of course, I see the big bucks as well as does & fawns.

, but never the Grouse, until they scare the crap out of me.

Once, I decided to quit hunting Ilk for the walk back to camp, and hunt Grouse instead.

( "normal" logic would dictate that when I carry the rimfire,  with Rifal slung on back is the time I would see that Trophy Ilk )

I put my best "sneak" into the spot where Grouse always ambush me,, but the commie bastards had a lookout up a tree and they got me anyway.

Over all it's always a great weekend in the woods

I don't think there are many (if any)  builders on this board

Find your way to Florida arfcom page, and you'll probably find someone who has built AR stuff and can give good advice.

I built one from an 80% lower. 

Didn’t use any fancy coatings though,,, they are not really needed.......

1 hour ago, dogballs Tom said:

The fact that her gun, like many others, can be illegally modified does not mean that it's "crap" to point out that her gun is an "assault weapon" just like an AR 15 or any other scary black gun. It just means I do what others here do not and read the definitions in laws. Why that's offensive is beyond me. Because illegal mods are possible? Huh?

"Possible" ... good one. A kid could do it in 20 minutes. We're not talking machine shop work here or specialty tools. 

Wake the fuck up. 

14 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

"Possible" ... good one. A kid could do it in 20 minutes. We're not talking machine shop work here or specialty tools.

I'm sure the BATFE would like to know about all of these illegal machine guns you apparently know all about.

16 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Wake the fuck up. 

I must of missed this reasoning in all of the nearly identical legislation being proposed in some states. The politicians even forgot to use this as a reason in their self congratulatory press releases announcing their latest attempt to "do something".

4 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Yer a cheap guy,  U R the leader of the cheap-seaters. I think your "reading" is carefully selected. You need to read Priorities for Research.

You need to read MLK, generally. And you need to read Patrick J Charles or Lois Schwoerer, generally. Then you need to read and defend Joyce Malcolm, for Scalia, around here. You need to put Merkel and Spitzer in their places, they are sharp and you failed to respond to the value of their work. 

I read a modest amount of all your guys, and am intrigued by only Eugene Volokh and Sanford Levinson. The rest are fakers, with discernible problems is the shit they say. Are you with me so far? Can you get up to speed so we can discuss certain points of view?

6 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Wake the fuck up. 

She won't let me modify her gun.

How do I convert my assault weapon to a machine gun? It looks like this:

marlin-assault-rifles.jpg

I assume people who have woken the fuck up want to ban this potential machine gun too?

Mass Shooting In Minneapolis

Like most of our recent mass shootings, no one was actually killed, but,

When officers arrived, they found five victims who had suffered from gunshot wounds. Police say four of the victims were taken to a hospital by ambulance, and one was self-transported. Their conditions are unclear as of Thursday night.

An investigation shows the incident began as an argument between several people in the street. Police have not released any suspect information at this time.

That's 5, which is more than four, so the lesson is the same as any other mass shooting: DO SOMETHING!

14 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Take that trigger mechanism out of the wife's Ruger. Two pins, two seconds. Turn on computer and learn how to modify trigger pull pressure. CAUTION: it's really easy to screw up and make it full auto rock and roll! [Heh heh]

Do you own any guns about which this is also true?

If so, I'd like to see some video when you destroy them.

10 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

My only goal here is to point out your lie about dogballs.

Let me know if you actually attempt to achieve it.

3 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Mass Shooting In Minneapolis

Like most of our recent mass shootings, no one was actually killed, but,

That's 5, which is more than four, so the lesson is the same as any other mass shooting: DO SOMETHING!

You are a vulture, circling over the (daily) gun carnage shown on the Gun Violence Archives?

What the fuck is wrong with you? Four people were shot, by one gun, in one place, in a single incident. This is horrendous. The free press is free to speak about it. The de-sensitized gun nuts will  never normalize such a thing, but you hop out of bet to try to marginalize the glaring problem, every day. 

If we do nothing, we get guys like you all over the place.  :o

1 hour ago, jocal505 said:

Four people were shot, by one gun, in one place, in a single incident.

Five were shot, by one person, in one place, in a convenient incident.

Convenient because 5 is more than four, making this incident useful in the crusade to ban "assault" weapons like ours.

And look! A vulture circling and waiting to exploit convenient shootings for his gungrabby agenda appeared from the sky!

You want to marginalize a terrible gun incident, with four or more victims today. . Yesterday, you wanted to shit on this guy too.

AW damage in high schooler.jpg

let's play RUNAROUND SUE, WITH TOM RAY

You even used Dylann Roof as a running gag, mate.

Post 224  On 7/11/2015 at 5:02 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Was Dylann Roof right to do what he did, Tom, or was he wrong?

(Tom) If you're talking about his burning an American flag, no, I don't think that was wrong.

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/166644-sols-charleston-race-thread-resurrection/&page=3

18 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Rather then sound ignorant, why not check it out for yourself?

I have "checked out" the legislation introduced in NJ, FL, and by Feinstein and others federally. I've also read some of the press releases that were sent out when the legislation was introduced.

Oddly enough, I can't find one reference to "the 10/22 should be banned because it can easily be turned into an illegal machine gun" What is usually the case is that most models of the 10/22 are declared legal; just the ones with adjustable stocks get banned.

12 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

That's your #1 whine. 

Seem like number two to me

Bpm- On the phone. Short version: tom started bitching that FL or someone wanted to ban. 22s . He haz been boring us how innocent "ordinary. 22s" are ... well, ordinary. 

Reality is the0-dogballs semiauto can be easily converted to auto. That's what i suggested you check out. I thought it was pretty clear.

An ordinary. 22 would be a single shot  rifle. Every kid started with one.

Next gen was the tubular auto. The0-dogballs kinda changed the game, apparently, due to the ease of  conversion. 

I say again, I'm a gun guy, just tired of reading the ordinary. 22 schtick from Bullshitter Tom. 

Q- What kind of person would argue this point for over a year?

A- Not an ordinary person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Short version: tom started bitching that FL or someone wanted to ban. 22s .

I'm quite aware of the story. Tom may be driving his point into the ground, but the simple fact is that most people in this forum are not interested in reading the legislation - and proceed to make claims about said legislation that does not match reality.

Some won't even read the legislation (or existing law) even if it is quoted wholesale in the forum.

2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Reality is the0-dogballs semiauto can be easily converted to auto.

Which still has exactly nothing to do with the point Tom is making. Or, instead, feel free to replace any mention of the 10/22 with 22/45 lite, or Pardini SP. Both of those will be AWs whenever the NJ legislature feels like doing so. Feinstein's S.2095 would also ban them. There are 4 bills in the house with nearly identical language.

Feel free to contact the BATFE and tell them that Ruger is breaking the law with the 10/22 if you feel that full auto 10/22s are such a widespread issue.

7 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Q- What kind of person would argue this point for over a year?

A- Not an ordinary person.

Two years. This bit started the first week of Dec, 2016. Kolbe targeted battle guns three months later, and Tom's hull swamped to the rails.

4 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

^^^^

I'm talking to walls.

I always assume I'm talking to a fire hydrant whenever I address someone on the righter side of the spectrum. Either they have no clue as to whatever I'm talking about, or they have no clue as to whatever I'm talking about.

7 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Reality is the0-dogballs semiauto can be easily converted to auto. That's what i suggested you check out. I thought it was pretty clear.

If TeamD would quit with the charade that they only wish to ban "military assault weapons" and just admit that they want to ban semiauto's, I would quit making the point that this is not a military weapon of any kind:

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

If you and TeamD think that anything semiauto should be banned, let's have that discussion.

As long as the discussion is about "military" weapons that don't belong in civilian hands, I'll point out that soldiers do not use those.

22 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

This bit started the first week of Dec, 2016.

No, banning "assault" weapons like the one you owned started in the 1990's and I've been discussing it here for quite a while.

Here's a 2013 example:

5 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

No, banning "assault" weapons like the one you owned started in the 1990's and I've been discussing it here for quite a while.

Here's a 2013 example:

You tweaked about the alleged FL and WA legislation the first week of Dec., 2016. I complained after sixty days, after you did a thread on it after boring us silly. Then Kolbe happened, and imo Tom Ray was never a player after that.

30 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

If you and TeamD think that anything semiauto should be banned, let's have that discussion.

As long as the discussion is about "military" weapons that don't belong in civilian hands, I'll point out that soldiers do not use those.

The thrill is gone for Tom.  A shattered man is what we have here.  This ^^^,  his acquiescence, is what is left. The fallback for it is a black-and-white-version of the flower, with the triple-threat backup, the Marlins on the blanket.  

Mr Ray should go the way of Boothy, imo.  It may be time.

47 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

Here's a 2013 example:

No. I just read the whole thread.  You were alive in that thread. You offered a variety of content. You were not stuck in the dogballs rut in 2013 and 2014. 

I hope you pop out of it, and better reading habits would do the trick. Try the Patrick J. Charles.

I don't see how this is any different from something I'd say today:

To be law-abiding, Boothy is supposed to just sit back and accept the fact that at least one of his evil rifles will soon have no legal market value. It has market value today. It will not if Moonbeam signs the law, nor can he pass it down to the Nursetta.

Again, no one has mentioned any just compensation for this taking, just as the "nobody wants to take your guns" people have fallen strangely silent in this thread.

A law that is repugnant to the Constitution is invalid. This one violates the fifth amendment at the very least, and I also think it violates the second in the two ways I mentioned above.

I know, I know, take it to Kelo Anarchy.

10 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Bpm- On the phone. Short version: tom started bitching that FL or someone wanted to ban. 22s

Actually, FL legislators, US Senators, NJ legislators, and many others.

10 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Next gen was the tubular auto.

Actually, I started with slingshots and BB guns but the first firearm I ever shot was the very same assault weapon that FL legislators want to ban, the one with the tubular magazine that is still a legal semiauto at the moment. A few years later, my brother bought a really crappy single shot that became my favorite gun and is still in my possession but has a broken bolt handle. It got shot a LOT and was cleaned every decade or so if it seemed to need it, so I guess there was some stress pulling that bolt through sludge.

8 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

^^^^

I'm talking to walls.

You keep claiming to "be a gun guy", as if that is a go-to argument for only allowing single shot bolt actions.

Semi-auto has been around for over 100 years. It is safe to say it is in common use by now.

The Marlin model 60 has been around almost 60 years. They have made millions of them.

The Ruger 10/22 has been around for over 50 years. They have made millions of them.

I'm not sure why you keep making your "easily converted" argument to me. If you think Ruger is in violation of federal law, contact the BATFE. If you know people who have done so, feel free to call the police on them. I still won't believe that they should be banned just because of your opinion about what a "regular rifle" is.

If TeamD would quit with the charade that they only wish to ban "military assault weapons" and just admit that they want to ban semiauto's, I would quit making the point that this is not a military weapon of any kind:

I doubt the legislators' next attempt will be poorly worded. The grabbers were reacting to tragedies. You are the only person on the planet who thinks the words "military" and "assault" matter here.

11 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I doubt the legislators' next attempt will be poorly worded. The grabbers were reacting to tragedies. You are the only person on the planet who thinks the words "military" and "assault" matter here.

The grabbers are dancing in blood with hysteric emotion laden scary words  in a purely dishonest attempt to redefine rimfires as something they are not.

-----------------

When Greever posted "built one" and a bit of advise, I was glad to find out I wuz wrong in #548.

Some states allow the poodle shooter round for big game, but WA sets minimum calibre threshold just slightly above that, (.24 for big game except 1 .  they allow the .223 for Mt Lion )

, so I started at calibre .308 and started looking at hardware.

1 hour ago, bpm57 said:

You keep claiming to "be a gun guy", as if that is a go-to argument for only allowing single shot bolt actions.

Semi-auto has been around for over 100 years. It is safe to say it is in common use by now.

The Marlin model 60 has been around almost 60 years. They have made millions of them.

The Ruger 10/22 has been around for over 50 years. They have made millions of them.

I'm not sure why you keep making your "easily converted" argument to me. If you think Ruger is in violation of federal law, contact the BATFE. If you know people who have done so, feel free to call the police on them. I still won't believe that they should be banned just because of your opinion about what a "regular rifle" is.

You wrote four decent posts in the past few days?

The Marlin 60's shoot at least fifteen dogball rounds, non-stop, effortlessly. Is that "regular"?

4 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

The grabbers are dancing in blood with hysteric emotion laden scary words  in a purely dishonest attempt to redefine rimfires as something they are not.

-----------------

When Greever posted "built one" and a bit of advise, I was glad to find out I wuz wrong in #548.

Some states allow the poodle shooter round for big game, but WA sets minimum calibre threshold just slightly above that, (.24 for big game except 1 .  they allow the .223 for Mt Lion )

, so I started at calibre .308 and started looking at hardware.

Want to hear more documented militia stories from Puget Sound?

51 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

I would rather you tell us what type of machineguns are carried by Pelosi's security.

Why are you wondering? And dude, why did you create the very environment the Pelosi detail stands within?

There are wonderful heroes within the Washington Territorial Militia, they are hungry, bitter, dedicated...and cooperative. MOST of the milita leaders succeeded in business, and in leadership, over the following thirty years.

One frosty March 10 morning, in 1856, Urban East Hicks came upon hundreds of moccasin tracks, in Buckley.  The hair on the back of his neck crawled, it was the Kanaskat crowd-- three weeks after they had shot the bastard. Each of his men carried an ax or shovel, and a gun. To the surprose of hidden natives, the volunteers (the older washouts of other companies) advanced on the ambushers. Hicks guided the buider-fighters as his Captain (White) hid in a hollow stump. Three other volunteer companies gravitated to the firing.

That night, Leschi's Nisqually "warriors", led by their Yakama in-laws, escaped over Naches Pass with their families, without preparation. That night Qualchan, the skinny little killer who had started the killing, and who had just led them in a (fourth) failed battle, saw frozen babies. He swore a life of viloence against whites. He would die (by impromptu military hanging, near Spokane) two years later, cursing his own war.

In the Battle of Connel's Prairie, the baddest ass hero, at the most tricky moment, was Anton Rabeson, who would later purjer his ass off in two Leschi trials.

I am wondering why Pelosi is "more equal" than the other citizens who don't have machinegun carrying guards.

I would be willing to bet $100 that Pelosi's machineguns are BIGGER than rimfires.

I could guess that Pelosi's  are 9mm or .45ACP submachineguns because they can be concealed easier.

However,  sometimes I see cases that are too big for a submachine gun, leading me to wonder if she has M16s too.

? Why does Pelosi have military grade battle weapons ?

What type and caliber are Pelosi's  machineguns, Joe, so we don't have to guess and wonder.

? Lock that in for $100, Joe ? 

I had a tack-driving Marlin 60 for years. I sent it to my son when I got my0-dogballs. My only reason for the change was the much faster reloading of the Ruger. No hunter needs that capability but it sure is fun going bam bam bam bam ... but that's not hunting or target shooting.

Likewise, no hunter needs hi cap magazines of .223 or other calibers or a platform to support them. It's just fun and looks cool. I've had several.

The obvious reason for hi capacity is in battle. Let's tell it like it is without the spin. Many are certain we dont need battle capability to protect our homesteads. I'm much less sure about that.

3 hours ago, jocal505 said:

You wrote four decent posts in the past few days?

I'm still waiting for your first good one, Joe. But I think everyone knows you will never backup your misstated history or be honest about court cases.

3 hours ago, jocal505 said:

The Marlin 60's shoot at least fifteen dogball rounds, non-stop, effortlessly. Is that "regular"?

So what? An S&W 617 can fire 10 "effortlessly", and be reloaded far faster then a Model 60. Should we ban revolvers as well?

Do you consider it "unusual" to have a firearm that uses technology that first went into production in the 1890s? 

11 hours ago, Blue Crab said:
17 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Actually, Senator Feinstein's repeated attempts to revive her precious "assault" weapons ban have ALL been "poorly worded" enough to include guns like my wife's for over a decade now, as I have previously documented on this forum. The tragedy she's been reacting to is the sunset of her cherished ban.

The words in laws do matter because they affect our lives. They especially matter to judges, who have said that "assault" weapon bans are OK because "assault" weapons are "the like" of military weapons that Heller said it's OK to ban for everyone but the very rich.

This means that in the not too distant future, some lawyer is going to be up in front of SCOTUS explaining why ordinary twenty two's are "the like" of M16's, because that's the only justification DiFi can use for her ban.

If you don't know why those words matter you should probably read more and type less until you figure this subject out.

the words in laws cramp your style., eh?  more dogballs will fix it

9 hours ago, bpm57 said:

But I think everyone knows you will never backup your misstated history or be honest about court cases.

You need to avoid sweeping statements around here, unless you back uo each of them. My history is rock solid (and well-documented). Any mis-statements about court vcases were corrected, to the best of my knowledge.

You are just miserable. If you're not ready for a kitty, try relating to a goldfish.