2slow

Georgia Gubernatorial Election

The republicans are going full retard in this election.  Check out these campaign ads

these guys are an embarrassment to the great state of Georgia.

The Deportation Bus broke down, great pics of it on the side of the highway.  Also, Cracker Barrel would not let them in the parking lot.  When you are such a flaming racist fucktard even Cracker Barrel won't let you set up shop you are probably not the right person to lead Georgia.

We currently have a republican Governor, Nathan Deal, who will be very missed.  

I bet he does really well.

Casey Cagal won the 3 candidate primary. He'll be facing Grian Kemp in a runoff. Stacy Abrams is in on the dem side; she looks like a strong candidate. 

14 hours ago, 2slow said:

The republicans are going full retard in this election.  Check out these campaign ads

They're targeting republican voters. Anything more intelligent than full retard goes over their heads. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RKoch said:

They're targeting republican voters. Anything more intelligent than full retard goes over their heads. 

You are more right than you realize.  Kemp's kids go to school with the children of one of my friends at our sailing club.  He has met Kemp a bunch of times and said he very exaggerated his southern accent in his commercials to play to the redneck voters.  When the votes you are going for belong to low IQ people it is best to pretend you are one as well!

Kemp is in the Republican runoff against Cagal, also a piece of shit who sided with the NRA against Delta, the state's largest private employer.

Speaking of "Georgia" and "Elections".

Nothing to this.  They just discovered the ADA was passed (news travels slowly in Georgia, I guess) and, out of an abundance of concern for this with mobility issues, made sure to close down the sites which are unsafe.  

Couldn't possibly be Republicans making that decision could it?

On 5/23/2018 at 8:11 AM, 2slow said:

Kemp is in the Republican runoff against Cagal, also a piece of shit who sided with the NRA against Delta, the state's largest private employer.

Large private employers getting special tax breaks is only sometimes good.

Kemp is especially skilled at voter suppression. He is the Ga Secretary of State and a candidate for Governor. As such he oversees elections statewide in a state with no paper ballot back up and very little ability to audit the vote. Pollsters say this is going to be a close election. Can you say "conflict of interest"?

19 minutes ago, saxdog said:

Kemp is especially skilled at voter suppression. He is the Ga Secretary of State and a candidate for Governor. As such he oversees elections statewide in a state with no paper ballot back up and very little ability to audit the vote. Pollsters say this is going to be a close election. Can you say "conflict of interest"?

It's not the votes that count, it's who counts the votes

-DSK

On 5/22/2018 at 11:00 PM, Sean said:

Casey Cagal won the 3 candidate primary. He'll be facing Grian Kemp in a runoff. Stacy Abrams is in on the dem side; she looks like a strong candidate. 

She wants to ban possession of "assault" weapons, so there's that.

Of course, "assault" weapons refers to a whole lot more than just the AR15's that her elk want to talk about. As usual, ordinary handguns in my namesake caliber are included.

(iv) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following:
 (I) An ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location outside of the pistol grip;
 (II) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward pistol grip, or silencer;

Assault weapon:

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

21 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

As usual, ordinary handguns in my namesake caliber are included.

You mean dogballs ?

27 minutes ago, Sean said:

You mean dogballs ?

Yes, the censored caliber.

She wants to make possession of "assault" weapons like the one above a felony and give owners a short time window to either destroy them or surrender them to the state. But she doesn't want to confiscate any weapons. Because there's a YUGE difference between making possession a felony and confiscation.

Keeriste - the freedom of the world will end if that passes in Georgia.

5 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

She wants to ban possession of "assault" weapons, so there's that.

Of course, "assault" weapons refers to a whole lot more than just the AR15's that her elk want to talk about. As usual, ordinary handguns in my namesake caliber are included.

Assault weapon:

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

FFS, 

What is your obsession with guns?  If our elected officials decide to ban them I will take my 3 registered handguns to wherever they say.  What did your dad do to you to make you so paranoid?  There are places you can go for help. 

On 5/22/2018 at 8:54 PM, 2slow said:

What kind of a man needs a gun to intimidate a teenage boy dating his daughter?

I gotta say..... There is something inherently amusing about saying "Georgia Goobernatorial Election"....:D

• Like 1

Kemp has tiny little hands.  He should have resigned as Secretary of State when he decided to run in the statewide election he is supervising.

Gun Safety

Stacey Abrams is the only candidate for governor with a proven track record of voting against legislation that would put guns in the wrong hands, including opposing SB 350 in 2012, and opposing 2017’s NRA omnibus bill, HB 292. Read more about her plan to reduce gun violence in Georgia:

Keep Guns Out of the Wrong Hands

● Support Survivors of Domestic Violence: Call for the immediate creation of a panel of victims, advocates, and lawmakers to determine the best way to ensure that perpetrators of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking aren’t able to access weapons. Such actions may include prohibiting possession and requiring the surrender of firearms or ammunition by domestic abusers. State laws addressing this “relinquishment gap” have lowered fire-arm related intimate partner homicides by 14%. Additionally, we will support service providers to ensure victims in every part of the state have assistance and shelter when facing family violence. Georgia’s domestic violence service providers received more than 53,000 crisis calls in 2016. Shelters turned away more than 1,500 victims due to lack of bed space. The need is great, and we will work to close service gaps for victims.

● Require Universal Background Checks: Currently, Georgia does not require background checks for private gun sales between individuals (including at gun shows), creating a loophole through which individuals who would not pass background checks can still legally purchase firearms. The data confirms that policies such as universal background checks are effective in lowering suicide and murder rates.[ii]

● Allow Families to Petition for Extreme Risk Protection Orders: When a loved one has mental health challenges that put them at risk of endangering themselves or others, families and law enforcement should have a path to petition a court to temporarily restrict firearms access.

Fix Our Broken Gun Laws

● Immediate Repeal of 2012’s SB 350: The AJC notes that this legislation “may be the most egregious gun law in Georgia” and “makes guns something close to sacred.” It requires guns used to commit crime be put back onto the street. It is opposed by members of law enforcement and encroaches on home rule.

● Immediate Repeal of 2017’s HB 280: “Campus Carry” legislation is opposed by Georgia university administrators, educators, and a majority of Georgians.

Ensure People Receive the Help They Need

● Expand Medicaid: Medicaid expansion is critical to expanding mental health care access for Georgians. A report from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services last year found that people who accessed Medicaid were 30% more likely to receive mental health or substance abuse treatment. They estimated that 159,000 uninsured Georgians who are in the coverage gap suffer from mental illness or substance abuse challenges. Additional studies are finding that Medicaid expansion reduces crime rates due to this link between Medicaid and access to mental health and substance abuse treatment.

● Support Violence Prevention Efforts, Including Hospital Interventions, Community-Based Strategies, and Research. Hospital intervention programs provide mental health and substance abuse services, job placement, and conflict de-escalation training to interrupt violence. Initial evaluations of The Youth Intervention and Violence Intervention Program in Savannah hospitals show promising results. We will support hospital intervention programs that seek to disrupt cycles of violence. Additionally, we will support local governments and community-based organizations working directly with communities most affected by gun violence. Finally, we will continue the partnerships with academic researchers, such as Emory’s Violence Prevention Task Force, who seek to advance violence prevention through data driven solutions

Tom, I don't see anything in her platform about your dogballs or any of my guns

42 minutes ago, saxdog said:

Kemp has tiny little hands.  He should have resigned as Secretary of State when he decided to run in the statewide election he is supervising.

He would lose his Republican membership card if he did anything as ethical as that.

1 hour ago, 2slow said:

How the hell did dogballs get changed to dogballs???

Wft???

Clearly I have not been following the gun threads.  Which moderator or computer genius set up that little mod?

12 minutes ago, 2slow said:

How the hell did dogballs get changed to dogballs???

Wft???

Dogballs have always been dogballs. What are you talking about?

Type in the caliber of Tom's non-assault weapon and dogballs is what is written on screen.  What did I miss?

14 minutes ago, 2slow said:

Type in the caliber of Tom's non-assault weapon and dogballs is what is written on screen.  What did I miss?

LOL!.... :DYou missed a lot!...... It's been thusly for quite some time.

That is hilarious, who had the power to pull that string.  I thought BJ retired or was it a rogue action?

dogballs

dogballs

dogballs

3 hours ago, 2slow said:

That's because you're just looking at her web page.

Did you happen to look at the law I linked?

The one on which she is listed right at the top as a sponsor?

It has the stuff I posted about the gun in the picture and, though I didn't post it, says possessing such a thing should be a felony.

Do you think she has changed her mind? Or just doesn't find it a convenient subject of discussion with the impending election?

2 hours ago, 2slow said:

Reading the definition of "assault" weapon in numerous laws. The one in the picture is so defined in proposed Georgia and federal legislation.

I agree with you that defining it that way is ridiculous which is why I say that "assault weapon" simply means "gun that TeamD wishes to ban."

14 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

FFS, 

What is your obsession with guns?  If our elected officials decide to ban them I will take my 3 registered handguns to wherever they say.  What did your dad do to you to make you so paranoid?  There are places you can go for help. 

I admit that reading and quoting from gun ban bills is weird behavior. No one else here does it and I'm called names for it. But I'm not sure it's obsessive or paranoid.

It might be my father's fault. During my formative years, he was a lawyer, which is bad. He worked for the IRS, which is worse. In the Estate Tax division, so pretty much pure evil. Maybe that's why I read and quote from gun ban bills like the one authored by Abrams.

As for your intention to comply with gun ban/confiscation programs implemented by your betters, you're in a distinct minority.

8 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Do you think she has changed her mind? Or just doesn't find it a convenient subject of discussion with the impending election?

I don't know the answer to that first question.

2015-2016 Regular Session - HB 731
Crimes and offenses; certain assault weapons; prohibit possession and sale
Sponsored By

Has anyone from the pre$$ asked her whether she continues to support the bill she authored a couple of years ago?

15 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

As for your intention to comply with gun ban/confiscation programs implemented by your betters, you're in a distinct minority.

At least you seem to recognise that these programs are the enlightened path. This is something.

23 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Reading the definition of "assault" weapon in numerous laws. The one in the picture is so defined in proposed Georgia and federal legislation.

I agree with you that defining it that way is ridiculous which is why I say that "assault weapon" simply means "gun that TeamD wishes to ban."

Sure thing dogballs, whatever you say.

29 minutes ago, Battlecheese said:
16 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

At least you seem to recognise that these programs are the enlightened path. This is something.

I didn't say I was in the minority of gun owners who consider grabberz to be our betters, just that Cal20 says he is.

11 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

"Democrats will take your gunzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :o" has worked very well for Team R. Simple and easy.

Not that easy. Can't be done without help.

Making possession of ordinary handguns in my namesake caliber a felony helps in that regard.

2 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

I didn't say I was in the minority of gun owners who consider grabberz to be our betters, just that Cal20 says he is.

Without wanting to go too grammar-nazi, the active portion of your sentence was "intention to comply". The implication that people suggesting such programs were "betters" in any situation was generally acknowledged in your statement.

5 hours ago, Battlecheese said:

Without wanting to go too grammar-nazi, the active portion of your sentence was "intention to comply". The implication that people suggesting such programs were "betters" in any situation was generally acknowledged in your statement.

I get it. You're not only better than me, but smarter and better at grammar. And I should just acknowledge that superiority in the way Cal20 will, by meekly allowing confiscation of my property without ever objecting.

That is effective on a minority of gun owners. Most do react like normal humans would, however.

13 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

I get it. You're not only better than me, but smarter and better at grammar. And I should just acknowledge that superiority in the way Cal20 will, by meekly allowing confiscation of my property without ever objecting.

That is effective on a minority of gun owners. Most do react like normal humans would, however.

You wrote it. I just pointed out what you said.

Mass Shooting In Georgia

10-16-2018 Georgia Atlanta 4-0

October 16, 2018

Broad St
Atlanta, Georgia
Geolocation: 33.7517, -84.3934

Participants

• Type: Victim

Incident Characteristics

• Shot - Wounded/Injured
  • Drive-by (car to street, car to car)
  • Mass Shooting (4+ victims injured or killed excluding the subject/suspect/perpetrator, one location)

Guns Involved

1 gun involved.

• Type: Unknown
  • Stolen: Unknown

As readers of TeamD press releases know, the lesson of every "mass shooting" is that we must DO SOMETHING. (Link to law written by GA Gubernatorial candidate)

The thing about that "mass" shooting is, if you go to the actual source they linked, the headline is this:

Violent night in Atlanta: 2 officers, multiple people targeted in 3 shootings

But the three were not, considered separately, "mass" shootings. The Gun Violence Archive cleverly combined them because one more "mass" shooting is more politically useful than one less.

Whatever. A suicide on real estate that was once a school is a "school shooting" if that's politically useful. A few shootings are a "mass" shooting if that's politically useful.

Just try to remember that those spreading these lies are better people than gun owners.

53 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

The thing about that "mass" shooting is, if you go to the actual source they linked, the headline is this:

But the three were not, considered separately, "mass" shootings. The Gun Violence Archive cleverly combined them because one more "mass" shooting is more politically useful than one less.

There was a mass shooting with 4 people shot on Broad st. in a seemingly random driveby. There were other shootings that day but even though plenty of shots were fired the others did not have enough victims individually to be considered a mass shooting. 

From the linked article...

"Less than an hour later, four people were shot on Broad Street in downtown Atlanta."

So what are you going on about?

On 10/16/2018 at 4:16 PM, 2slow said:

She was asked specifically whether she planned to ban and confiscate guns.

“I am not planning to confiscate and ban guns. This is what I say. I grew up in Mississippi. My great-grandmother taught me how to shoot a shotgun early. 

“She taught me two things: One, only shoot things you plan to eat if you’re going to go hunting. I basically eat chicken, so it’s pretty much a wash.

“No. 2, the person who is most responsible is the person who holds the firearm. The first thing you learn is that you’re responsible for safety, and you’re responsible for the safety of those around you.”

The stuff about her childhood is nice but not relevant.

That first sentence seems incomplete. It should read:

"I am not planning to confiscate and ban guns because, as the bill I sponsored makes clear, gun owners are supposed to surrender their property or become felons and the GBI is to seize and destroy "assault" weapons. So I'm not going to do it personally."

34 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

There was a mass shooting with 4 people shot on Broad st. in a seemingly random driveby. There were other shootings that day but even though plenty of shots were fired the others did not have enough victims individually to be considered a mass shooting. 

From the linked article...

"Less than an hour later, four people were shot on Broad Street in downtown Atlanta."

So what are you going on about?

Tommy-gun likes to create a position he ascribes to others and then successfully dismantle it. 

In this case, he is suggesting that several shootings were ALL being billed as “mass shootings”, and he feels superior in disputing that. Now, there WAS a “mass shooting”, and he overlooks that point in arguing that they weren’t ALL “mass shootings”. 

He likes to play these numbers games. Apparently, he has a number which would trigger outrage. We just haven’t hit it, yet. 

Once you engage with him, he’ll hammer away at you but linking his own posts or some other issue and ask if you agree with it. It’ll never end, as he keeps moving the target and hammering away. Must make him feel superior. 

35 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

There was a mass shooting with 4 people shot on Broad st. in a seemingly random driveby. 

My mistake, that was a convenient shooting after all. The lesson, of course, is that we must DO SOMETHING.

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Apparently, he has a number which would trigger outrage. We just haven’t hit it, yet. 

No, there's really not a number that is going to make me think that this is an "assault" weapon and that possessing it should be a felony.

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

2 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

No, there's really not a number that is going to make me think that this is an "assault" weapon and that possessing it should be a felony.

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

If only I used the term “assault weapon”, or even obliquely implied that was part of my point. 

If only. 

Thank you for proving my point  

dogballs

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

If only I used the term “assault weapon”, or even obliquely implied that was part of my point. 

Is there a way of expressing the outrage you mentioned other than DOING SOMETHING?

If so, I haven't seen it.

14 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

In this case, he is suggesting that several shootings were ALL being billed as “mass shootings”, and he feels superior in disputing that. Now, there WAS a “mass shooting”, and he overlooks that point in arguing that they weren’t ALL “mass shootings”. 

Actually, I didn't make that argument. I made a mistake and admitted it.

52 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Apparently, he has a number which would trigger outrage. We just haven’t hit it, yet. 

The Party-Approved way to express outrage is pretty clear:

On 11/10/2017 at 4:46 PM, badlatitude said:
"We’re introducing an updated Assault Weapons Ban for one reason: so that after every mass shooting with a military-style assault weapon, the American people will know that a tool to reduce these massacres is sitting in the Senate, ready for debate and a vote. 

“This bill won’t stop every mass shooting, but it will begin removing these weapons of war from our streets. The first Assault Weapons Ban was just starting to show an effect when the NRA stymied its reauthorization in 2004. Yes, it will be a long process to reduce the massive supply of these assault weapons in our country, but we’ve got to start somewhere. 

“To those who say now isn’t the time, they’re right—we should have extended the original ban 13 years ago, before hundreds more Americans were murdered with these weapons of war. To my colleagues in Congress, I say do your job."

Joining Senator Feinstein on the bill are Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Al Franken (D-Minn.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) and Bob Casey (D-Pa.).

2 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

The Party-Approved way to express outrage is pretty clear:

Senator Feinstein is coming for you, Tom. 

5 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Mass Shooting In Georgia

As readers of TeamD press releases know, the lesson of every "mass shooting" is that we must DO SOMETHING. (Link to law written by GA Gubernatorial candidate)

Whatever. A suicide on real estate that was once a school is a "school shooting" if that's politically useful. A few shootings are a "mass" shooting if that's politically useful.

Just try to remember that those spreading these lies are better people than gun owners.

You lie. Why?

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

You lie. Why?

As I said, My mistake, that was a convenient shooting after all. The lesson, of course, is that we must DO SOMETHING.

The amount of single issue voters is depressing.

There are many more important issues to Georgia; education, health care, infrastructure etc, but I have yet to see anyone post about anything but guns.

6 hours ago, 2slow said:

There are many more important issues to Georgia; education, health care, infrastructure etc, but I have yet to see anyone post about anything but guns.

You did start the thread with posts about guns.

If there are other Georgia issues of interest, a thread about Governors can cover them all.

But on that issue, I hope you now see how the stuff you posted from her web page seems just a bit different from the stuff in the legislation she sponsored.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:35 AM, badlatitude said:

Senator Feinstein is coming for you, Tom. 

Meh. She's old and doesn't even have a concealed weapons permit any more. I'm pretty sure I can outrun her even carrying an arsenal.

As much as I hate to derail a good gun thread:

Good news for Stacey Abrams. That prick Brian Kemp needed to be taken down a peg or two. What an asshole. Seems republican voters like their candidates that way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/judge-orders-ga-officials-to-stop-tossing-absentee-ballots-over-signatures/2018/10/24/9c5a5b06-d7bd-11e8-a10f-b51546b10756_story.html

Excerpt-

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered Georgia election officials to stop summarily tossing absentee ballots because of mismatched signatures, delivering a crucial win to voting-rights advocates — and to Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams — less than two weeks before Election Day.

12 hours ago, Sean said:

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered Georgia election officials to stop summarily tossing absentee ballots because of mismatched signatures, delivering a crucial win to voting-rights advocates — and to Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams — less than two weeks before Election Day.

The actual order hasn't come down yet. She's given officials until noon today to comment, after which she'll issue an injunction.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/412981-judge-blocks-georgia-election-officials-from-tossing-out-absentee

The ACLU said the law does not require elections officials to receive training in handwriting analysis or signature comparison, and no statute or regulation provides functional standards to distinguish the natural variations of one writer from other variations that suggest two different writers. 

They apparently have an "exact match" provision in their laws.

I can't exactly match my own signature. A trained pro could probably tell "me" from "not me" but if I sign my name ten times on a piece of paper lots of laymen (especially those motivated to toss ballots) might say ten different people did it.

Has anyone been under pressure to to relipicate their own signature.......I can tell you it always looks like someone else’s .... jus saying.....so those good ol boys down that way they be smart in a racist good ol way , something you that we thought had disappeared in the 60’s and  70’s have we come a long way or taken a retrograde step?

2 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Has anyone been under pressure to to relipicate their own signature.......I can tell you it always looks like someone else’s .... jus saying.....so those good ol boys down that way they be smart in a racist good ol way , something you that we thought had disappeared in the 60’s and  70’s have we come a long way or taken a retrograde step?

I think you'd see the same tactic against a candidate of any race.

But that's because the tactic is available and politics is about power. The "exact match" requirement appears at first glance to be the big problem.

On 10/19/2018 at 1:41 PM, 2slow said:

Georgia's rural hospitals are going broke all over the state. Refusal by the state's Republican politicians to accept Medicaid expansion is a big factor in this trend. Don't get sick in rural Georgia. Good old boys may find themselves next to "those people" in Grady, a public charity hospital, in Atlanta.

4 hours ago, saxdog said:

Georgia's rural hospitals are going broke all over the state. Refusal by the state's Republican politicians to accept Medicaid expansion is a big factor in this trend. Don't get sick in rural Georgia. Good old boys may find themselves next to "those people" in Grady, a public charity hospital, in Atlanta.

Sounds like Darwin is hard at work.

19 hours ago, saxdog said:

http://www.georgiahealthnews.com/2017/09/hospital-crisis-killing-rural-communities-state-ground-zero/

One new answer: make sure you have a nearby clinic and NO emergency room.

18 hours ago, saxdog said:

That's some Weak tea Bubba.

I doubt anything fixes the basic math mentioned in one of those articles: if you have 40,000 people, you'll have enough business to support a hospital. If not, not.

It must be age-dependent math. Our county's population is growing back to the annoying winter high, which is near that number. We have three hospitals. But this is God's Waiting Room.

On 10/16/2018 at 4:16 PM, 2slow said:

Have you checked to see whether you own "assault" weapons?

(i)  A semiautomatic center-fire rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following:

(I) A folding or telescoping stock;

(II) Any grip of the weapon, including, but not limited to, a pistol grip, a forward pistol grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other stock, the use of which would allow a person to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;

A gun like Billy's Mini-14 with the non-scary wood furniture is not. Put an adjustable stock on it and it is.

I'm not sure WTF that word salad at the end is even trying to ban. Is you trigger hand below the action when firing? Does the law apply if you hold the gun sideways, so that your hand isn't "below" any more? So many questions.

Jesus Tom.  How the fuck did you manage to turn this thread into a debate about your dog balls.

i have to commend your focus though. You’ve been up at 5 the last two days and the first thing that pops into your head is dog balls.

Impressive.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:45 AM, saxdog said:

And yet my FIL, who lives in rural GA. Who is broke and sick and needs a lot of monthly meds along with my MIL. Has gotten up and registered to vote for the first time that my wife can remember. He's voting for Kemp. Because the "other one is scary" "wants illegals to vote" "wants to take my guns". Fear and misinformation is powerful stuff.

18 minutes ago, V21 said:

"wants to take my guns". Fear and misinformation is powerful stuff.

It's easy to misinterpret someone wanting to make possession of ordinary guns a felony and think they might want to take your guns.

As I noted above, she doesn't seem to intend to do it personally. Gun owners who do not wish to become felons are expected to "voluntarily" surrender their guns or the State Police are supposed to seize and destroy them. Which is waaaay different from "wanting to take guns."

16 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Jesus Tom.  How the fuck did you manage to turn this thread into a debate about your dog balls.

Way off topic, I admit.

On 5/22/2018 at 11:24 AM, 2slow said:

The very idea of discussing guns in a thread that begins that way is outlandish.

Almost as outlandish as the idea of FakeNewb responding to any of my posts in non-gun threads. Or my non-gun posts in this one, for that matter.

I’ve responded to your MJ posts where we seem to agree.  Your other posts this early am were on boring threads.

This thread however started off talking about the retarded GOP nominee and his retarded opening political ad where he used a gun a gun as a prop while he touched on several, non germane , retarded subjects. All you saw was a gun and its off to the races with talk of dogballs

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

This thread however started off talking about the retarded GOP nominee and his retarded opening political ad where he used a gun a gun as a prop while he touched on several, non germane , retarded subjects.

The opening video mentions taking guns away. How is a gun not germane to that subject?

The OP doesn’t mention guns.  He only mention the retarded Trumpster and his stupid campaign ad.  Don’t make it about guns.

It’s SAD!

15 hours ago, V21 said:

And yet my FIL, who lives in rural GA. Who is broke and sick and needs a lot of monthly meds along with my MIL. Has gotten up and registered to vote for the first time that my wife can remember. He's voting for Kemp. Because the "other one is scary" "wants illegals to vote" "wants to take my guns". Fear and misinformation is powerful stuff.

Not as powerful as ignorance and stupidity though.

11 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You don't perhaps, understand....... "The other one" is black.

19 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
15 hours ago, V21 said:

Basic difference: Republicans vote Republican because of their feelings. They feel afraid, they feel the need for an authority figure, etc etc. These feelings motivate them to VOTE! TeamR!! at every opportunity. People vote Democrat because they prefer Democrat policies, or because one particular Democrat politician is more charismatic. Obviously this does not drive them to the polls as often, which is why Republicans have crept into holding a majority of power in the USA and are trying hard to consolidate their power by means other than actual elections.

The pendulum always swings. Always. The further one side pushes it to stay on their side, the harder they have to push..... and the harder the forces of history push back. Most countries that have drastic swings in their gov't also have major economic and social upheaval when it swings.

-DSK

3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

and a woman, to boot.

1 hour ago, frenchie said:
5 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

and a woman, to boot.

Yeah, it's probably those things and not the fact she wants to make possession of ordinary guns a felony, which is waaaay different from wanting to take guns.

19 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Yeah, it's probably those things and not the fact she wants to make possession of ordinary guns a felony, which is waaaay different from wanting to take guns.

What are the odds she could actually do anything about it? 

5 hours ago, frenchie said:

What are the odds she could actually do anything about it? 

Apparently pretty low as a representative, judging by the support her bill received.

As a Governor, she'd be a bit more powerful.

My larger point here is that you can't learn this woman's position from her web site/campaign flyers. She isn't honest enough to admit it there.

She was honest enough a couple of years ago when sponsoring legislation.

On 10/28/2018 at 3:40 AM, dogballs Tom said:

To be fair to her if your position is confiscate guns then criminal sanctions are necessary. Refreshing honesty on her part. Sadly she’s powerless to do anything about it.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

To be fair to her if your position is confiscate guns then criminal sanctions are necessary. Refreshing honesty on her part. Sadly she’s powerless to do anything about it.

Just a bit inconsistent with her statements in post 46 above.

On 10/27/2018 at 7:06 PM, Mrleft8 said:

Like I said........

On 10/27/2018 at 7:23 PM, Steam Flyer said:

Most countries that have drastic swings in their gov't also have major economic and social upheaval when it swings.

-DSK

There is the real problem facing the States - Trump and his gang have pushed it almost all the way to out & out fascism - when it swings back it's gonna be some scary shit.

On the upside, there will be a big spate of cranial explosions amongst the usual suspects here. :D