Sign in to follow this  
Hugh Jorgan

FP First Blood

1) Congrats to the ed and especially his crew on the first place.

2)  Congrats on falling in love again with another boat.  I can relate, so many beautiful boats, so little time.

3) I haven't been around nearly as long as many and I don't know the details but seems like I've picked up on some sort of history of bad blood between the ed and North Sails?  Maybe I'm reading into this all wrong?  Has Hell freezeth over?  Is that a super sweet set of 3di's on A4 I see on the FP?

translation from Ed to English please: "despite my many criticisms of the execution of the it, I just love so much."

Congrats on the win.

Fuck this guy goes through boats faster than my ex wife went through toilet paper.

Nice to see @Editorback on a boat he loves. But nobody gonna comment on the main trim and it being back-winded by the jib? :P

8 minutes ago, Wess said:

Nice to see @Editorback on a boat he loves. But nobody gonna comment on the main trim and it being back-winded by the jib? :P

post-race, so we'll cut him some slack. this time.

7 hours ago, Hugh Jorgan said:

2)  Congrats on falling in love again with another boat.  I can relate, so many beautiful boats, so little time.

3) I haven't been around nearly as long as many and I don't know the details but seems like I've picked up on some sort of history of bad blood between the ed and North Sails?  Maybe I'm reading into this all wrong?  Has Hell freezeth over?  Is that a super sweet set of 3di's on A4 I see on the FP?

My thoughts exactly?  North Sails???

8 hours ago, Hugh Jorgan said:

He's just pissed they haven't purchased ad space like the other sailmakers. Southern Spars bought ad space and you don't seem him knocking them - despite being in the North sails family.

18 minutes ago, Miffy said:

He's just pissed they haven't purchased ad space like the other sailmakers. Southern Spars bought ad space and you don't seem him knocking them - despite being in the North sails family.

Must explain his dislike for Trump also, haven't seen any ads for Trump (or Putin) on SA either. :lol:

2 hours ago, Wess said:

Hard to criticize, without actually being there, and photos are often misleading.  Sometimes a bubble in the main like that is fast, in the right conditions, AWA, AWS, sea state, etc.

9 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Hard to criticize, without actually being there, and photos are often misleading.  Sometimes a bubble in the main like that is fast, in the right conditions, AWA, AWS, sea state, etc.

Jesus Christ....it looks like the race is over.... 

17 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

If we can't criticize and harass the landlord what are we going to do with our free time?

37 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Wound a bit tight?  See that little emoji face thingy?  Humor.  Joke.  Sarcasm.  Pretty sure the dude knows how to sail a FT.  Geeze, this place got all righteous.  Imagine if I went with the returning to the ex-wife joke.  Oye!

Unless they race with everybody in the cockpit (on both sides) and a CA state flag on the stern, the race is over.  We've all been there: hand the helm to the newest or youngest crew, have the ballast technicians take over trim, and pass out the beer.  Don't break the boat and don't tear the sails; otherwise, have at it.

10 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

Congrats Scot.

Careful you're bringing a genteel and mannered air to this thread. 

On 5/24/2018 at 12:20 AM, Hugh Jorgan said:

Wouldn't that be, " Frozeth"

• Downvote 1

Scott,   congrats on race 1 with 4,   what are the characteristics of the Tiger that brought you back?

15 minutes ago, dolphinmaster said:

Scott,   congrats on race 1 with 4,   what are the characteristics of the Tiger that brought you back?

*coughcoughcostcoughcough*

1 hour ago, dolphinmaster said:

the rating

43 minutes ago, Parma said:

the rating

Indicates an owner who sails smarter, not harder! :P

2 hours ago, familysailor said:

Wouldn't that be, " Frozeth"

Maybeth?  Where is Snags when you need him?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parma said:

the rating

I actually see nothing wrong with that. If a boat is both fun to sail, and rates well, why wouldn’t you want one?

I heard freezeded once. That was from the kid who also said “ I didn’t did it!” When he was innocent. 

If he was guilty he would start stuttering immediately. That’s when the nuns would break out the yardstick and tell him to stand up and turn around.

Sorry about the drift, It came like a flashback .........

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I actually see nothing wrong with that. If a boat is both fun to sail, and rates well, why wouldn’t you want one?

nobody said there was anything wrong with that or it.

was just answering the question.

2 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

I heard freezeded once. That was from the kid who also said “ I didn’t did it!” When he was innocent. 

If he was guilty he would start stuttering immediately. That’s when the nuns would break out the yardstick and tell him to stand up and turn around.

Sorry about the drift, It came like a flashback .........

Snaggy no alle abote that.....panicke..... tottalle fucking panicke......             :)

This is supposed to be a successful business without multiple divorces......why such shitie little boats usually owned by poverty stricken wannabees......when is this guy going to step up and buy a  TP52  or something of quality ?    clean I can understand as not owning anything of quality but Tempesta has more ego....... when are you going to own something impressive Scooter ???   

Our 4th grade reading group got the wood yardstick treatment once and I laughed at the nun as she broke it across scrawny ass.

she went to the next room and got another yardstick. It was aluminum and my twin brother was next in line, he didn’t sit for a week and stopped crying a few days after that

i always laugh at a little pain- even my own!

good luck to S T and his new toy

34 minutes ago, comcrudesgru8 said:

This is supposed to be a successful business without multiple divorces......why such shitie little boats usually owned by poverty stricken wannabees......when is this guy going to step up and buy a  TP52  or something of quality ?    clean I can understand as not owning anything of quality but Tempesta has more ego....... when are you going to own something impressive Scooter ???   

When sombodey giftes it to hime......     :)

13 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Our 4th grade reading group got the wood yardstick treatment once and I laughed at the nun as she broke it across scrawny ass.

she went to the next room and got another yardstick. It was aluminum and my twin brother was next in line, he didn’t sit for a week and stopped crying a few days after that

i always laugh at a little pain- even my own!

good luck to S T and his new toy

Sistere Charles Claire hatted ny fuckeng giuttes and strove to humbiliatte me everey chaince.  Ive beene fitteng the goode fitte evere since.                  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

Sistere Charles Claire hatted ny fuckeng giuttes and strove to humbiliatte me everey chaince.  Ive beene fitteng the goode fitte evere since.                  :)

0636465c7876f8fbd145b6b76afab93a.jpg

On 5/24/2018 at 7:19 AM, Wess said:

in DAGO one Must SandBag for awhile least  PHRF takes a Whack @ yer rating

The Ed and North got closer and reached a working relationship

while attending a Fund Raiser for The Wall as TRUMP's VIP Guests

the Ed is Not happy so far having trouble Throttling Back the New Rags so as Not to tip off the others :-O

as much as they wanted the bottle of RUM they couldn't slow it down enough even running through a couple kelp patties ;-)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

When sombodey giftes it to hime......     :)

Careful snaggs..... thats our buddy dave with this month's login. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, comcrudesgru8 said:

Didnt he put in an offer on mme codpiece?

1 hour ago, basketcase said:

Careful snaggs.....

Thack you.                    :)

• Like 1

Is the sailmaker question ever going to be answered?  With all the hate for NS over the last 18 years some sort of explanation is warranted.

3 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

Is the sailmaker question ever going to be answered?  With all the hate for NS over the last 18 years some sort of explanation is warranted.

my guess is that the sails came with the boat - hard to get di that fast.

3 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

Scot sold Sobstad sails for many years - until substance overload got him flicked. In San Diego that means you're always up against the North salesmen, small market & N loft was just 2 blocks away.