Sign in to follow this  
Mid

The BLUES

^

say what you will , when the stones gell you can shut the doors . 

On 6/23/2018 at 10:00 AM, Mid said:

I'm hearing some Robbin Ford in the guitar intro. Very nice!

• Like 1

For anyone who plays guitar and likes the blues, there's a dude named Pete Honore who is/was a session guitarist and guitarist for lots of pop acts who absolutely kills the blues.  Fun stuff to watch.  Ridiculous feel/tone.  For anyone like me who brings a guitar on the boat for any long trip, he also puts out a ton of backing tracks and cool ways to play over them...

• Like 1

Gotta admit when this thread started, I thought to myself... do we need another music thread ?     Guess the answer is ABSOLUTELY !    Pretty d-mn epic, have added so many "new" artists to my playlists... thanks for everyone's contributions !

And since someone in GA mentioned seeing Stevie Guitar Miller recently:

• Like 1

Steve Miller - love his earlier stuff!  Here's a really nice one.  I wish I know where he recorded it, this isn't from the Winterland concert above:

• Like 2

Waterfront Blues in PDX, every July 4th, rocks.  Commander Cody, Robert Randolph, fireworks, we fly a 20' x 40' flag, local heroes tearup the fairgrounds all afternoon, a couple hundred boats anchor out, music workshops, George Thorogood wraps up four days of blues on Sat night.  Been doing this for 20 years and it's still a summer highlight.  Benefits the Oregon Foodbank, feeds a lot of people.

• Like 1

Some of the dudes I used to play with.  Drummer, Captain Steve Seitz (RIP), was also a great lightning sailor and sailor in general.  We'd do charters all day and go over to Murphy's to play music...Good days.

• Like 2