Blue Crab

Immigrant Children

8 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

No not personally, lately.  Is it OK if brown people are droning other brown people, though?

Only if they are using US equipment.  $$$$$$$

Every brown person you train to kill other brown people is fucking awesome for the US.

$110,000 a hellfire!  Great for business.

11 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I believe brasil has an extradition treaty now. So do the other nazi lairs paraguay and argentina.

he's left with andorra, russia..... and a whole long list of "shitholes".

rhetorical question, right? rich people want the high standard of services, amenity, amusements, safety and protection that only flourish under the rule of law and in an evolved economy.

the current king of thailand had access to any number of gorgeous lavish private propertys in thailand, a strict lese majeste law & security state to protect him, and he still decided to hang out with his topless wife/mistress in bavaria.

So why is Trump going after Germany so hard?  Putin too, for that matter?  At this rate, city states will be the only safe zones left, and it’s hard to argue that’s enough real estate to support the lifestyles of the insanely rich, even with slavery. What would Moscow do without  Mercedes dealers?  If there are safe zones, social media attacks would show that as a pattern, wouldn’t they?

11 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Jesus keyrist, is there some stupidity chemicals that have been dumped into the water recently?  WTF does a citizenship test have fuck all to do with what I said?  I said we need to get rid of automatic birthright citizenship.  No one should automatically become a citizen just because you dropped on to US dirt unless one of your biological or adoptive parents is a US citizen.... like most countries in the world.

Nope, your proposal is no birthright citizenship. I suppose being wealthy and or a member of the true AmeRikan party is the new test?

What's the story behind this? Now we have defense contractors contracted out for kiddie lockups?

WTF was a defense company doing with immigrant kids at an unlicensed center in Phoenix, AZ???

Last edited Sun Jul 8, 2018, 10:10 PM - Edit history (1)
The Center for Investigative Reporting has learned that a Defense contractor detained migrant kids in vacant Phoenix office building: 

A major U.S. defense contractor quietly detained dozens of immigrant children inside a vacant Phoenix office building with dark windows, no kitchen and only a few toilets during three weeks of the Trump administration’s family separation effort, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting has learned.

Videos shot by an alarmed neighbor show children dressed in sweatsuits being led – one so young she was carried – into the 3,200-square-foot building in early June. The building is not licensed by Arizona to hold children, and the contractor, MVM Inc., has claimed publicly that it does not operate “shelters or any other type of housing” for children.

This was all being done very secretively and might not have been reported, except that a neighbor noticed: 

There are new cameras on the building, extra locks on the doors and a paper shredder bin directly outside the building’s side door. Neighbor Lianna Dunlap’s videos show workers pulling up in white vans and leading dazed children into the building. When she asked questions, she said the workers responded with silence or terse answers.

“There’s been times where I drive by and I just start crying because, you know, it’s right behind my house,” said Dunlap, her voice wavering. “I don’t know and I think that’s the worst part – not knowing what’s actually going on in there and just hoping that they’re OK.”

The kids were eventually moved, as secretively as they were brought in: 

Dunlap said she never saw any children leave the building until nearly three weeks after they arrived. When Dunlap tried to take video of that departure, she said workers spotted her watching from her kitchen window and blocked her view with vehicles. She said she watched children’s feet as they filed out of the building.

The Center for Investigative Reporting is doing a series on treatment of migrant children for their Reveal program on NPR radio. Check your local NPR station's listing for times. 

https://www.revealnews.org/article/defense-contractor-detained-migrant-kids-in-vacant-phoenix-office-building/

13 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

What's the story behind this? Now we have defense contractors contracted out for kiddie lockups?

WTF was a defense company doing with immigrant kids at an unlicensed center in Phoenix, AZ???

The Center for Investigative Reporting has learned that a Defense contractor detained migrant kids in vacant Phoenix office building: 

A major U.S. defense contractor quietly detained dozens of immigrant children inside a vacant Phoenix office building with dark windows, no kitchen and only a few toilets during three weeks of the Trump administration’s family separation effort, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting has learned.

Videos shot by an alarmed neighbor show children dressed in sweatsuits being led – one so young she was carried – into the 3,200-square-foot building in early June. The building is not licensed by Arizona to hold children, and the contractor, MVM Inc., has claimed publicly that it does not operate “shelters or any other type of housing” for children.

This was all being done very secretively and might not have been reported, except that a neighbor noticed: 

There are new cameras on the building, extra locks on the doors and a paper shredder bin directly outside the building’s side door. Neighbor Lianna Dunlap’s videos show workers pulling up in white vans and leading dazed children into the building. When she asked questions, she said the workers responded with silence or terse answers.

“There’s been times where I drive by and I just start crying because, you know, it’s right behind my house,” said Dunlap, her voice wavering. “I don’t know and I think that’s the worst part – not knowing what’s actually going on in there and just hoping that they’re OK.”

Dunlap said she never saw any children leave the building until nearly three weeks after they arrived. When Dunlap tried to take video of that departure, she said workers spotted her watching from her kitchen window and blocked her view with vehicles. She said she watched children’s feet as they filed out of the building.

The Center for Investigative Reporting is doing a series on treatment of migrant children for their Reveal program on NPR radio. Check your local NPR station's listing for times. 

https://www.revealnews.org/article/defense-contractor-detained-migrant-kids-in-vacant-phoenix-office-building/

The usual suspects don’t care. Not only is it fucking disgusting that Amerika is kidnapping kids, turns out they do it for the profits. Maybe Random ain’t so dumb.

You think Don Trump had most of the cash on hand necessary to build a skyscraper and just needed a little more cash, or are you thinking the banks don't get so far up a skyscraper-builder's ass when they are hashing out such deals they are poised to eat their lunch for them? 

I think the silent partners are thugs (probably Russians) laundering money. Who else would "lend" this clown money? You'd get a better return on investment in a slot machine.

18 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Not just 'defense contractors'...it appears any org with a connection to the Trump Admin has their pockets lined.

Bethany Christian Services, an adoption center with financial ties to Betsy DeVos, has taken 81 immigrant children who were forcibly separated from their parents. Most have had no contact with their families. They’re charging $700 per child per night.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, saxdog said:

You think Don Trump had most of the cash on hand necessary to build a skyscraper and just needed a little more cash, or are you thinking the banks don't get so far up a skyscraper-builder's ass when they are hashing out such deals they are poised to eat their lunch for them? 

I think the silent partners are thugs (probably Russians) laundering money. Who else would "lend" this clown money? You'd get a better return on investment in a slot machine.

I think that's exactly it..and Cohen will have the details.

37 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

The usual suspects don’t care. Not only is it fucking disgusting that Amerika is kidnapping kids, turns out they do it for the profits. Maybe Random ain’t so dumb.

But it's ok to abort them and sell the parts. 

• Downvote 3

39 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

Oh Go drinking!

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

Not just 'defense contractors'...it appears any org with a connection to the Trump Admin has their pockets lined.

Bethany Christian Services, an adoption center with financial ties to Betsy DeVos, has taken 81 immigrant children who were forcibly separated from their parents. Most have had no contact with their families. They’re charging $700 per child per night.

Jesus Christ this administration is dirtier than can be imagined.

16 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Jesus Christ this administration is dirtier than can be imagined.

Dirtier, but lame....

16 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:
16 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

B47E1392-0A16-4E2C-AB45-F24E5621A7E4.jpeg

Yes! Of course they do! *

Where can I buy that shirt? I want one. Seriously. 

8 hours ago, Gone Drinking said:

F50E556C-C8E3-4316-B021-1954D0AEA3AE.jpeg

12 hours ago, RKoch said:

Financial ties in the form of donations to, not receipts from.

44 minutes ago, Dog said:

Financial ties in the form of donations to, not receipts from.

nice little doggie dance there.

it's probably only fair that atheist and devil worshiping adoption agencies get a share of the children

26 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

nice little doggie dance there.

It's reality...Your hate makes you easy to dupe.

17 hours ago, Dog said:

It's reality...Your hate makes you easy to dupe.

DogLovesTrump.jpg.02198a5161023ac4836fe3cdb8b8296b.jpg

On 7/8/2018 at 8:57 PM, Raz'r said:

Nope, your proposal is no birthright citizenship. I suppose being wealthy and or a member of the true AmeRikan party is the new test?

Nope, my reasonable proposal is no birthright citizenship merely because you fall out of the uterus onto Amerikan soil.  I have zero issue with birthright citizenship based on your being born to at least one of your parents being a US citizen.  I don't think a chinese woman who comes here for pregnancy tourism should be able to pop a kid out and it automatically gets a US passport.  Its not supposed to work like that and the 14th Amendment was never intended for that reason.  

On 7/9/2018 at 3:13 PM, Mickey Rat said:
On 7/9/2018 at 2:56 PM, Uncooperative Tom said:
On 7/8/2018 at 10:48 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

B47E1392-0A16-4E2C-AB45-F24E5621A7E4.jpeg

Yes! Of course they do! *

Where can I buy that shirt? I want one. Seriously. 

Here you go:

https://www.spreadshirt.com/my+skin+is+not+a+crime+men-s+premium+t-shirt-D12941234

I want one too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Nope, my reasonable proposal is no birthright citizenship merely because you fall out of the uterus onto Amerikan soil.  I have zero issue with birthright citizenship based on your being born to at least one of your parents being a US citizen.  I don't think a chinese woman who comes here for pregnancy tourism should be able to pop a kid out and it automatically gets a US passport.  Its not supposed to work like that and the 14th Amendment was never intended for that reason.  

So, hypocrisy. Not a surprise.

31 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

So, hypocrisy. Not a surprise.

What specifically do you find hypocritical about Jeff's position? 

15 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Is it fair to just call Jeff stupid and/or hypocritical?

It was exactly supposed to be that merely falling out of a uterus on US soil made you a citizen - it was that way long before the 14th amendment; because being born to a white person in the US made you a citizen. That extends well back to English common law. You can't claim originalism regarding that issue that must not be named, then make up a bunch of revisionist bullshit when it comes to immigration. Like he does regularly.

27 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

What’s “special” about a uterus that happens to be part of a citizen?  Born in the USA. Not just an album.

36 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

What’s “special” about a uterus that happens to be part of a citizen?  Born in the USA. Not just an album.

4th amendment privacy protection for abortion rights.

What do I win?

(Might also apply to "the people" in addition to citizens...)

Yes, and a judge just ruled that way for a non-citizen minor. Happy?

1 minute ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

michael_ramirez_michael_ramirez_for_jul_03_2018_5_.jpg

1506333037_WarningMalarkey.jpg.8a2db5ebad5963dbdbf617dbff9794ce.jpg

ICE Officers to Asylum Seekers: ‘Don’t You Know That We Hate You People?’

ICE Officers to Asylum Seekers: ‘Don’t You Know That We Hate You People?’  – RollingStone

<snip>

The Trump child-separation horror is far from over. According to the government’s own numbers, released late last week, as many as 3,000 children were yet to be reunited with their parents. On Tuesday, the administration failed to comply with a court order to return all children under the age of five to their parents; dozens are still in government custody.

In new court documents – released as part of state litigation against the Trump administration for breaking up these families – the voices of traumatized parents are front and center. In declarations made under penalty of perjury, the parents describe the anguish of having their children snatched away by the U.S. government, as well as sadistic behavior of the immigration officers who seem to mock and berate them.

As described in the testimonials, migrant mistreatment extended beyond separation – including detention facilities so cold they were referred to as “iceboxes,” bleach-tainted drinking water that burned asylum-seekers’ throats and still-frozen food that made them vomit.

Below is a selection of the parent testimonials, released in the case of the State of Washington, et al., v. Donald Trump…

<snip>

More: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/ice-officers-to-asylum-seekers-dont-you-know-that-we-hate-you-people-697727/

12 minutes ago, RKoch said:

ICE Officers to Asylum Seekers: ‘Don’t You Know That We Hate You People?’

ICE Officers to Asylum Seekers: ‘Don’t You Know That We Hate You People?’  – RollingStone

<snip>

The Trump child-separation horror is far from over. According to the government’s own numbers, released late last week, as many as 3,000 children were yet to be reunited with their parents. On Tuesday, the administration failed to comply with a court order to return all children under the age of five to their parents; dozens are still in government custody.

In new court documents – released as part of state litigation against the Trump administration for breaking up these families – the voices of traumatized parents are front and center. In declarations made under penalty of perjury, the parents describe the anguish of having their children snatched away by the U.S. government, as well as sadistic behavior of the immigration officers who seem to mock and berate them.

As described in the testimonials, migrant mistreatment extended beyond separation – including detention facilities so cold they were referred to as “iceboxes,” bleach-tainted drinking water that burned asylum-seekers’ throats and still-frozen food that made them vomit.

Below is a selection of the parent testimonials, released in the case of the State of Washington, et al., v. Donald Trump…

<snip>

More: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/ice-officers-to-asylum-seekers-dont-you-know-that-we-hate-you-people-697727/

Amerika! Fuck Yeah!

58 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

image.png.a680c09421a2cc80f3f29db9621d90e2.png

Another fucking lie by the person with the longest record of replying to people he has on ignore.

Rest assured Jack that I will not stop replying to your posts.  Your failure to engage will be seen as my victory

315072422_WarningMalarkey.jpg.92557bb6cab2eac2119730a369e1b227.jpg

Just now, random said:

Another fucking lie by the person with the longest record of replying to people he has on ignore.

Rest assured Jack that I will not stop replying to your posts.  Your failure to engage will be seen as my victory

315072422_WarningMalarkey.jpg.92557bb6cab2eac2119730a369e1b227.jpg

Well lookie here. Jack got out the crayons.

12 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

image.png.a680c09421a2cc80f3f29db9621d90e2.png

Your admission of ignorance is duly noted. 

12 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

How are we doing on meeting that deadline for reunification?

President Trump is proving our system of checks and balances are not what we thought they were. 

Judge Kavanaugh will concur. 

On 6/18/2018 at 11:24 PM, RKoch said:

Stephen Miller's Own Family Is Mad About Immigration Policy That Separates Families

Stephen Miller’s own family is upset that he continues to support President Trump’s immigration policy that is ripping children away from their parents. As Miller continues to support the policy as White House policy advisor, members of his own family are taking to social media to complain about the troubling development 

Forward.com was the first to spot a Facebook post from Miller’s relative Patti Glosser Rudick. On Facebook she wrote: 

“Why aren’t people out demonstrating about children being thrown in cages?… Have we become so immune that we stopped caring?…This is sick sick sick.”

That post was followed up by David S. Glosser, Miller’s uncle, who added a comment to the original Facebook message: “With all familial affection I wish Stephen career success and personal happiness, however I cannot endorse his political preferences.” 

Glosser’s sister Miriam Blosser Miller then chimed in and noted that the Glosser family escaped from Europe, traveled to America with no money in their pockets, and built their own business. 

Forward.com points to David Glosser’s final message as proof that Miller’s family is against him and the Trump administrations policy: 

“My nephew and I must both reflect long and hard on one awful truth… If in the early 20th century the USA had built a wall against poor desperate ignorant immigrants of a different religion, like the Glossers, all of us would have gone up the crematoria chimneys with the other six million kinsmen whom we can never know.” 

https://hillreporter.com/stephen-millers-own-family-made-over-immigration-policy-2777

His uncle has a good question.  It seems Stephen isn't responding.

“I have watched with dismay and increasing horror as my nephew, who is an educated man and well aware of his heritage, has become the architect of immigration policies that repudiate the very foundation of our family’s life in this country,” (Miller's uncle) Glosser writes.

Administration to Triple Size of Texas Tent Camp Holding Migrant Children

Children should never be held in tent cities. Period. This tragic situation is a result of the Trump Administration’s year-long attack on the asylum system, and their hostility toward those who come to the United States seeking safety. The United States can and must do better than warehousing vulnerable children. 

Many of these children have fled from horrific violence in their home countries, and rather than offer them protection, we are treating them like criminals and detaining them in conditions that experts agree can lead to long-lasting harm. Instead of keeping thousands of children in tents in the harsh Texas desert, the administration should release those who pose no risks to this country. There are many proven and cost-effective alternatives to detention.

https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/press-release/administration-triple-size-texas-tent-camp-holding-migrant-children

WTF?

Detention of Migrant Children Has Skyrocketed to Highest Levels Ever

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/us/migrant-children-detention.html

Excerpt -

Even though hundreds of children separated from their families after crossing the border have been released under court order, the overall number of detained migrant children has exploded to the highest ever recorded — a significant counternarrative to the Trump administration’s efforts to reduce the number of undocumented families coming to the United States.

Population levels at federally contracted shelters for migrant children have quietly shot up more than fivefold since last summer, according to data obtained by The New York Times, reaching a total of 12,800 this month. There were 2,400 such children in custody in May 2017.

The huge increases, which have placed the federal shelter system near capacity, are due not to an influx of children entering the country, but a reduction in the number being released to live with families and other sponsors, the data collected by the Department of Health and Human Services suggests. Some of those who work in the migrant shelter network say the bottleneck is straining both the children and the system that cares for them.

But the economy is good and the F-35 is a intel goldmine!

Trump’s Child Detention Policy Just Cost $260 Million For Cancer, AIDS, And Other Programs

The documents obtained by CNN show various programs that are losing money because of the Trump administration’s ill-advised attack on immigrants. Head Start, a program that benefits American children will lose $16.7 million while the CDC is losing $16.7 million including $3.8 million from much needed HIV programs. Trump is also stealing money from Medicare and Medicaid program operations at a cost of $9.8 million. The National Cancer Institute will also lose $13.3 million. Numerous other programs are also losing millions in funding.

As previously reported by Hill Reporter, the cost of housing immigrant children can reach $775 per night in some makeshift facilities.