Blue Crab

Immigrant Children

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

That occurred under the Obama administration too.

And it was horrible then, which is why they administration worked as fast as they could to end that practice. It was caused by the spike in unaccompanied minor illegal crossings - and the gov't didn't have the capacity to deal with that.

This is caused by a truly optional policy implementation advocated by that Nazi - Miller. And put in place by Trump. You can't doggy-style out of this one, you POS.

Just now, RKoch said:

Getting their children out of a violent country would appear to be the reason most families seek asylum.

I agree, but the R chorus keeps saying it's about "Deterrent", and "they should just go home".   

So, either:

1. People didn't know their kids would be taken, or 

2. They knew they would be taken, but they are still better off than where they left. 

Doesn't sound like an effective plan to deter asylum seekers. 

3 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Getting their children out of a violent country would appear to be the reason most families seek asylum.

Actually its not. Most come here for economic reasons and in any case asylum is supposed to be applied for in the first country where there is no perceived threat. In most cases that's Mexico.

• Downvote 1

Another way to see the Central American asylum seekers is that entering Mexico is defacto asylum from the home country troubles. If they keep walking to Tijuana, it begins to look like more of an economic measure. Si? No?

Edit: Dog beat me to it.

Just now, Blue Crab said:

Another way to see the Central American asylum seekers is that entering Mexico is defacto asylum from the home country troubles. If they keep walking to Tijuana, it begins to look like more of an economic measure. Si? No?

Si!

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Actually its not. Most come here for economic reasons and in any case asylum is supposed to be applied for in the first country where there is no perceived threat. In most cases that's Mexico.

No. Wrong again. Or you're lying again. Economic reasons the father would come here for work, and send money home to the family. Bringing the family would be a hindrance, besides the added cost. When entire families come here it's usually to flee the violence in Central American countries.

11 minutes ago, RKoch said:

It depends on how they vote.  If they might have a propensity to vote democRAT, they are fleeing economic hardship.  If they might have a propensity to vote American, then they are fleeing political persecution.  This is a matter of principle, for Principled People.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It depends on how they vote.  If they might have a propensity to vote democRAT, they are fleeing economic hardship.  If they might have a propensity to vote American, then they are fleeing political persecution.  This is a matter of principle, for Principled People.  

If they're white, Russian, and buying a Trump condo, then asylum is a given as a matter of principle.

There is no bright side to this. The kid separation changes the dynamic: it cannot stand and it will not for long. If this is the issue that sinks Trump so much the better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

There is no bright side to this. The kid separation changes the dynamic: it cannot stand and it will not for long. If this is the issue that sinks Trump so much the better.

It ranks right down there with Japanese internment, especially the "deterrent" aspect of it, if not the hostage taking bit, for getting funding for the wall.  

Bill Kristol never met a war he didn't like, but when he isn't trying to get one of those started, he wields a pretty good fork and knife:

35514134_644021972649259_416088010923599

29 minutes ago, Dog said:

That occurred under the Obama administration too.

Didn’t we go over this earlier? And you still haven’t addressed my question. 

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

He doggedly repeats Gropenfurher's lie, despite being proven wrong repeatedly. 

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

Nor you mine.

7 minutes ago, RKoch said:

He doggedly repeats Gropenfurher's lie, despite being proven wrong repeatedly. 

Bla...bla...bla...

• Downvote 1

Just remember to get it right in these discussions....those are not "cages" that those kids are being held in.  They are "walls made of chain link".  

And providing thermal blankets on half a floor mat is now the bar you have to jump over to be providing a defensible quality of care to a 5 year-old. 

Although I doubt that the Orange-u-tan could even jump over that without a boost.

This is NOT America.  Who are these people who go to work operating these facilities for a paycheck.  In what direction is their moral compass set?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Don't worry, the kids are just child actors.  So sayeth Ms. Coulter.  

those aren;t cages, they're security pens..........so says Fox and Friends dipshit Steve Doocy

would it be better if the cages held a complete family unit?

if not, where should the family unit be housed while their asylum case is in the queue?

Get this, the corrupt who are responsible for the violence and the poverty making their countries shitholes get to invest in a Trump condo and get a "EB-5". Citizens of the USA. People fleeing those shitholes begging asylum get their kids taken away, put in cages and sometimes misplaced.

11 minutes ago, hermetic said:

if not, where should the family unit be housed while their asylum case is in the queue?

That would be a step up from having toddlers' diapers changed by other kids in the holding pen.  

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/392761-ap-little-girl-separated-from-her-family-had-to-get-her-diapers

17 minutes ago, hermetic said:

That was answered this morning by a senator, who’s name I don’t recall. There are massive unused detention facilities on the southern border that are mothballed as immigration peaked years ago. They could be converted to family friendly units.

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That would be a step up from having toddlers' diapers changed by other kids in the holding pen.  

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/392761-ap-little-girl-separated-from-her-family-had-to-get-her-diapers

Fucking hell. This is not America. Yet it IS Amerika. Fuck.

20 minutes ago, hermetic said:

Five year old yanked from her parents locked up, kept apart from anyone she knows for days, weeks. Serves her right eh?

Keep them together or kick them all out, torturing kids as a deterrence policy is just evil. 

2 minutes ago, VhmSays said:
23 minutes ago, hermetic said:

Five year old yanked from her parents locked up, kept apart from anyone she knows for days, weeks. Serves her right eh?

Keep them together or kick them all out, torturing kids as a deterrence policy is just evil. 

I'm not at all in favor of this policy, I'm just wondering if any of you that have invested so much anger in it have a plan on how to alleviate the problem.

the mothballed detention centers sounds like a longer term solution than is required right now - detention centers and family friendly doesn't sound easy.

how was dhs handling the situation last month?  last year?

18 minutes ago, hermetic said:

I'm not at all in favor of this policy, I'm just wondering if any of you that have invested so much anger in it have a plan on how to alleviate the problem.

the mothballed detention centers sounds like a longer term solution than is required right now - detention centers and family friendly doesn't sound easy.

how about we go back to last months solution? Before that Nazi Miller got his way with Trump?

I have a way.  Require E-Verify for every person employed in the US.  Impose draconian penalties upon employers who hire people without using E-Verify.  CEO to jail with mandatory minimums for first offense.  Company reimburses gov't for the cost of incarceration.  That would solve the issue of folks fleeing economic despair.  Supply and demand.  Remove demand and watch supply slow to a trickle.  

Re that trickle.  Process asylum cases, refer back to that poem about the Statue of Liberty, putting on special glasses to remove the ability to see skin color.  

The most important part: chase racist shitbags back into the shadows, with those remaining in the light of day being crushed with impunity, not given high level adviser positions. Give them jobs driving a fucking Meister Brau truck.  Do NOT let them near the levers of power ever again.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hermetic said:

It’s a tough question, one that Bush the Lesser and Obama both struggled with. 

The NY Times has a good piece on it, but of course it’s behind a paywall, although you might have some number of free articles. Some snippets -

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/16/us/politics/family-separation-trump.html

“The agencies were surfacing every possible idea,” Cecilia Muñoz, Mr. Obama’s top domestic policy adviser, recalled, including whether to separate parents from their children. “I do remember looking at each other like, ‘We’re not going to do this, are we?’ We spent five minutes thinking it through and concluded that it was a bad idea. The morality of it was clear — that’s not who we are.”

They did, however, decide to vastly expand the detention of immigrant families, opening new facilities along the border where women and young children were held for long periods while they awaited a chance to have their cases processed. 

Snip

The steps led to just the kind of brutal images that Mr. Obama’s advisers feared: hundreds of young children, many dirty and some in tears, who were being held with their families in makeshift detention facilities.

Immigrant advocacy groups denounced the policy, berating senior administration officials — some of whom were reduced to rueful apologies for a policy they said they could not justify — and telling Mr. Obama to his face during a meeting at the White House in late 2014 that he was turning his back on the most vulnerable people seeking refuge in the United States.

snip 

It was Mr. Bush, who had firsthand experience with the border as governor of Texas and ran for president as a “compassionate conservative,” who initiated the “zero tolerance” approach for illegal immigration on which Mr. Trump’s policy is modeled.

In 2005, he launched Operation Streamline, a program along a stretch of the border in Texas that referred all unlawful entrants for criminal prosecution, imprisoning them and expediting assembly-line-style trials geared toward quickly deporting them. The initiative yielded results and was soon expanded to more border sectors. Back then, however, exceptions were generally made for adults who were traveling with minor children, as well as juveniles and people who were ill.

Mr. Obama’s administration employed the program at the height of the migration crisis as well, although it generally did not treat first-time border crossers as priorities for prosecution, and it detained families together in Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody — administrative, rather than criminal, detention.

snip

Unlike Mr. Obama’s administration, Mr. Trump’s is treating all people who have crossed the border without authorization as subject to criminal prosecution, even if they tell the officer apprehending them that they are seeking asylum based on fear of returning to their home country, and whether or not they have their children in tow.

9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I have a way.  Require E-Verify for every person employed in the US.  Impose draconian penalties upon employers who hire people without using E-Verify.  CEO to jail with mandatory minimums for first offense.  Company reimburses gov't for the cost of incarceration.  That would solve the issue of folks fleeing economic despair.  Supply and demand.  Remove demand and watch supply slow to a trickle.  

Re that trickle.  Process asylum cases, refer back to that poem about the Statue of Liberty, putting on special glasses to remove the ability to see skin color.  

The most important part: chase racist shitbags back into the shadows, with those remaining in the light of day being crushed with impunity, not given high level adviser positions. Give them jobs driving a fucking Meister Brau truck.  Do NOT let them near the levers of power ever again.  

so many words - I'm missing the part about what to do with the families / children.  maybe you can highlight that part of your "way"

large government database are bad.  sticking every ssn into another one is stupid.  anyway, again - what about the children?

4 minutes ago, hermetic said:

so many words - I'm missing the part about what to do with the families / children.  maybe you can highlight that part of your "way"

large government database are bad.  sticking every ssn into another one is stupid.  anyway, again - what about the children?

What was wrong with how Trump was doing it last month?

30 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
49 minutes ago, hermetic said:

how about we go back to last months solution? Before that Nazi Miller got his way with Trump?

read the last line of my post

47 minutes ago, hermetic said:

By having a policy of NOT separating a family, by NOT treating undocumented entry as anything other than a misdemeanor...which legally is still is.  By NOT instituting an overnight change in policy to zero-tolerance, family separation and 100% conviction rate for undocumented entrants WITHOUT A PLAN!!

By NOT hyper-politicizing the immigration policy regarding brown-skinned, spanish-speaking people and by NOT condemning them as rapists, thieves and gang-members.  

By continuing to operate they way they had for the past decades, while undocumented entry rates were dropping rapidly. 

That's how.  You pathetic apologist.

seems the evil is not just yours.. we've been pretty evil for years now..seems the tactic is to hide behind one or two evil ministers, kind of pretend that that minister doesn't really form part of your government, like some renegade that they all hate but allow to opperate unchallanged..

Dutton is ours, Miller is yours..

we've just cut all funding and housing assistance from those on bridging visas and temporary protection..about 12,000 people.

I'm wondering if seeing as they are now officially allowed to be homeless to fend for themselves, if we are officially allowed to offer them a home? without going through official channels ?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/may/19/vinnies-blasts-cruel-cut-in-benefits-to-asylum-seekers-on-medical-treatment

The federal government’s decision to strip income support and housing from asylum seekers transferred to Australia for medical treatment “beggars belief as an unprincipled act of cruelty”, the head of one of Australia’s largest charities has said.

The comments from the chief executive of the St Vincent de Paul Society, Dr John Falzon, came in response to the Department of Home Affairs targeting a cohort of up to 100 people on Thursday, transferring them to six-month bridging visas, which come with work rights, and withdrawing housing assistance and income support of about $200 a fortnight.

A group of single adults who were moved on to bridging E visas (BVEs) last year had their visas rolled over for another six months.

Most of those targeted this week were families with young children, who were given six weeks to find new accommodation and a source of income. Others were given three weeks to find accommodation but lost income support immediately. Legal groups said those affected were very worried.

“Obviously this is going to hurt individuals very profoundly,” Falzon said.

“Already the payment level was clearly inadequate when you consider it’s less than the inadequate Newstart level, so people were struggling, facing a daily battle for survival from below the poverty line.

“To pick on this group of people and use discretionary powers by the minister to take away the little that they were entitled to just absolutely beggars belief as an unprincipled act of cruelty towards people who already bear an enormous burden of inequality.”

Falzon said the department’s move was part of a pattern by the government to outsource its responsibility for vulnerable people to charities and community groups, which would now have to step in and support those who struggled to find housing or work - whether because of illness, language skills, age, or the fact they had only a six-month visa.

“On a policy level, it’s profoundly disturbing,” he said.

“This is a whittling away of the universality of our safety net using quite overtly discriminatory criteria for denying people access to the social security system that we should not be conceptualising as a privilege for some, but as a right for all.”

A spokeswoman for the UN high commission for refugees in Australia said the government’s move would leave refugees and asylum seekers “at serious risk of destitution”.

“Any removal of such basic and fundamental support could wrongly coerce the most vulnerable to return to Papua New Guinea, Nauru, or their countries of origin.”

The Labor spokesman for immigration, Shayne Neumann, said the move would not fix anything and “could lead to increased crime and poverty”.

“Purposefully making these people destitute and homeless can only exacerbate the health conditions for which they were originally transferred to Australia,” he told Guardian Australia.

Neumann said the situation could be avoided if the home affairs minister would allow people to apply for US resettlement from here, instead of making them return to Nauru and Manus Island – a rule that has kept some of them in a legal limbo.

“Peter Dutton is the only thing standing in the way of legitimate refugees making applications to resettle in the US.” he said.

The Greens spokesman for immigration, Nick McKim, said the move was “deeply unfair” and could force people into poverty, homelessness, and exploitative work.

“Unfortunately, it is a continuation of Peter Dutton’s determination to punish migrants, particularly refugees and people seeking asylum,” he said.

“To retrospectively punish people in this way is unconscionably cruel.”

4 minutes ago, Left Shift said:
57 minutes ago, hermetic said:

By having a policy of NOT separating a family, by NOT treating undocumented entry as anything other than a misdemeanor...which legally is still is.  By NOT instituting an overnight change in policy to zero-tolerance, family separation and 100% conviction rate for undocumented entrants WITHOUT A PLAN!!

By NOT hyper-politicizing the immigration policy regarding brown-skinned, spanish-speaking people and by NOT condemning them as rapists, thieves and gang-members.  

By continuing to operate they way they had for the past decades, while undocumented entry rates were dropping rapidly. 

That's how.  You pathetic apologist.

I agree the current policy of separating children from their parents is inhumane and needs to be changed / cancelled.  but what do we do with them - how should they be housed while they wait for asylum?

what about children that arrive without parents?  where do they go?

1 minute ago, hermetic said:

I agree the current policy of separating children from their parents is inhumane and needs to be changed / cancelled.  but what do we do with them - how should they be housed while they wait for asylum?

Please read a little before you ask your rhetorical questions. 

One:  The policy was imposed (from the White House) without any answer to your first question.  Abruptly, thoughtlessly and in a non-emergency situation.

Two:  There are apparently plenty of facilities that could have been prepared to accommodate the natural, predictable result of a new zero-tolerance policy, if properly planned for.  That it wasn't, is prima facia evidence that those imposing the policy truly do not give a shit.

Three:  Prior to six weeks ago, there was a working relationship with multiple relief agencies such as Catholic Family Services that were placing children arriving without parents.  That has been broken.

The above answers are provided as a courtesy since you'd rather apologize for these assholes than do any research.

29 minutes ago, hermetic said:

Why should I be bothered to address what you wrote if you cannot be bothered to read what I wrote?  

On 6/17/2018 at 3:16 PM, Raz'r said:

Incarcerating families was bad. Separating families? Nazis do that shit.

Incarcerating families was bad.”???  What is the alternative?  Catch and release?  We’ve seen how that goes. They don’t bother showing up for their court date. 

10 minutes ago, hermetic said:

hey hey hey..i've an idea..how about actually allowing owners private of holiday homes to lend their places to undocumented families with small children until processed. you could still keep tabs on them by requiring they report to their local police station daily.

This would be a good thing because/

1) someones looking after your holiday home while your not using it.

2) assylum seekers are spread across the greater community instead of being ghettoised.

3) it makes american rich people feel good

4) it would be really nice for the poor tired parents and children to live in a nice holiday home.

5) local Americans would suddenly discover that these asylum seekers are quite nice.

6) they could get a job doind repairs in other holiday homes.

the list of benefits just goes on and on.

3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Incarcerating families was bad.”???  What is the alternative?  Catch and release?  We’ve seen how that goes. They don’t bother showing up for their court date. 

Take away the economic incentives for them to come, without taking away children as a deterrent, and you will not have nearly as many families to house while their requests for asylum are properly and legally processed.  

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Take away the economic incentives for them to come, without taking away children as a deterrent, and you will not have nearly as many families to house while their requests for asylum are properly and legally processed.  

I still don't understand whyyoud want to stop them coming?

a poor south american family is unlikely to be opioid addicted and a better bet than many american families,

Why don't you put the deadbeat americans in cages and give their "probably subsidized" housing to alien families..the property values would increase within 6 months when all those old cars, broken washing machines etc have been tidied up and flowers and vegies planted. 

31 minutes ago, hermetic said:

How about we go back to doing what was done before Miller got the Gropenfuhrer to use children as a hostages?

5 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I still don't understand whyyoud want to stop them coming?

a poor south american family is unlikely to be opioid addicted and a better bet than many american families,

Why don't you put the deadbeat americans in cages and give their "probably subsidized" housing to alien families..the property values would increase within 6 months when all those old cars, broken washing machines etc have been tidied up and flowers and vegies planted. 

Don't give Miller/Trump any ideas....

Just checking in on you guys. Regretfully listened to the news lately and figured you guys would have a 200+ post turd throwing party.

Yes the situation sucks.

yes it should have never gotten to this point. (Yet another example of how the government sucks at everything and should stay the hell out of our lives)

no having a child does not provide you a force field from prosecution. You can walk up to a border crossing and seek asylum. It’s the whole pesky illegal crossing part that’s the issue. Go get a warrant for your arrest and take a drive with your kids...

no this is nothing like the Japanese internment. God help the sorry SOB that compares this to auchwitz.

Ok. Proceed.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Fucking hell. This is not America. Yet it IS Amerika. Fuck.

It is Republican America. MARA. Where kids are torn from their mother's breast and thrown into cages in concentration camps. Where longtime allies are thrown under the bus, and LilKim and Putin are cozied up to. 

Just now, RKoch said:

It is Republican America. MARA. Where kids are torn from their mother's breast and thrown into cages in concentration camps. Where longtime allies are thrown under the bus, and LilKim and Putin are cozied up to. 

i'm disappointed in my fellow citizens. Bigly.

Just now, Raz'r said:

Don't give Miller/Trump any ideas....

actually..i was serious..a south american immigrant has the guts to get up and endure hardship for a chance to make a better life.

an opioid addicted family not so much..and they probably wouldn't mind a nice clean cage as long as it had a tv and mattress and free shitty unhealthy food..one families hell is anothers heaven etc

Just now, RKoch said:

The fuck? You don’t have a fucking clue what the concentration camps were like during WW2 do you, you hyperbolic, useless twit. How about in comparison to the democratic America where millions of babies are killed a year without so much as a fucking peep from MSM or you? Where’s your compassion now?

1 minute ago, OutofOffice said:

The fuck? You don’t have a fucking clue what the concentration camps were like during WW2 do you, you hyperbolic, useless twit. How about in comparison to the democratic America where millions of babies are killed a year without so much as a fucking peep from MSM or you? Where’s your compassion now?

abortion? in your case I'd make it retrospective sir..(apologies to Gough Whitlam)

17 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
47 minutes ago, hermetic said:

Why should I be bothered to address what you wrote if you cannot be bothered to read what I wrote?  

because what you wrote addressed a seperate issue.  and you said "e-verify for everyone" which is a ludicrous concept, with pii on it, will never work, and will be hacked to death (see: opm and dbids data).

even if your approach to stemming the tide works, there will still be asylum seekers pouring in from the south (think Venezuela next)  the facilities that ice has access to are jails - they weren't designed to be family friendly.  temporary detention may be ok, but long term? 

I don't know the answer to this issue.  but I haven't seen any reasonably humane ones put forth either

2 minutes ago, hermetic said:

because what you wrote addressed a seperate issue.  and you said "e-verify for everyone" which is a ludicrous concept, with pii on it, will never work, and will be hacked to death (see: opm and dbids data).

even if your approach to stemming the tide works, there will still be asylum seekers pouring in from the south (think Venezuela next)  the facilities that ice has access to are jails - they weren't designed to be family friendly.  temporary detention may be ok, but long term? 

I don't know the answer to this issue.  but I haven't seen any reasonably humane ones put forth either

You do realise that the net immigration rates are pretty close to zero these days, although spiking a bit as of late? Right?

Don't buy into the lies.

Just now, badlatitude said:

This little boy, who has been taken from his parents, has been assigned a number. #47 on his chest and arm. Like the Holocaust.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

And how is this different than the Japanese interment camps?  Other than families were allowed to be together back then?

17 minutes ago, OutofOffice said:

Concentration Camps. Own it, Nazis.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Haha. Of course. It’s just memes off google images and sly comparisons to Nazis and whatnot. No substance. Keep making these wild comparisons, it makes you look like petty, inconsiderate fools. You compare this to slavery and the holocaust where millions, tens of millions died and don’t see how your being an inconsiderate cunt. Too busy throwing mud to actually stand up and fix the problem. Par for the course.

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

And how is this different than the Japanese interment camps?  Other than families were allowed to be together back then?

We weren't creating an army of MS 13's by separating them from families is one reason.

Reagan's shining city on a hill is looking more shitholey as days go by

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Because those were US citizens. Oh and the fact that the interment camps as well as the ninth circuit court decisions that are leading to these kids being removed from their parents both were made under democratic presidencies. I shouldn’t expect you to have opened anything but a google images tab in your life. Next time try a textbook.

https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/resource/flores-settlement-brief-history-and-next-steps

Not that I expect any one to actually read up on what’s going on. This is the law that’s leading to this crisis. Not Trump. Not republicans. No one wants to see it happen, but this isn’t new. So please can it with the political hackery. It shows how ingnorant you are of the situation.

7 minutes ago, OutofOffice said:

https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/resource/flores-settlement-brief-history-and-next-steps

Not that I expect any one to actually read up on what’s going on. This is the law that’s leading to this crisis. Not Trump. Not republicans. No one wants to see it happen, but this isn’t new. So please can it with the political hackery. It shows how ingnorant you are of the situation.

Wrong again, Nazi.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutofOffice said:

The reference you made to the Flores Settlement is bunk. The law explicitly stated that immigrant children could be held for 20 days only before being released to foster families, sponsors, or shelters, pending resolution of their cases. It was later modified in 2008, but neither law required the government to break up families.

2 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Wrong again, Nazi.

image.jpeg

Oh please douchebag, post the communique in its entirety and then show me where it says “remove the children and take them to a concentration camp”

piss off. The least you could do is try. 

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The reference you made to the Flores Settlement is bunk. The law explicitly stated that immigrant children could be held for 20 days only before being released to foster families, sponsors, or shelters, pending resolution of their cases. It was later modified in 2008, but neither law required the government to break up families.

Correct. But the parents are claiming asylum which is a much longer process which exceeds the 20 day maximum.

2 minutes ago, OutofOffice said:

Oh please douchebag, post the communique in its entirety and then show me where it says “remove the children and take them to a concentration camp”

piss off. The least you could do is try. 

No law. It's a policy Trump established in April. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-law-separate-families-passed-1997/

2 minutes ago, OutofOffice said:

Correct. But the parents are claiming asylum which is a much longer process which exceeds the 20 day maximum.

Then the government is in violation of the law.

51 minutes ago, OutofOffice said:

Haha. Of course. It’s just memes off google images and sly comparisons to Nazis and whatnot. No substance. Keep making these wild comparisons, it makes you look like petty, inconsiderate fools. You compare this to slavery and the holocaust where millions, tens of millions died and don’t see how your being an inconsiderate cunt. Too busy throwing mud to actually stand up and fix the problem. Par for the course.

No - I compare this to Japanese Interment camps. A US example, but actually not that great, because families were allowed to remain together.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Then the government is in violation of the law.

No they aren’t numbnuts. Them following the law is the reason all of you Ill-informed ‘tards are ranting and raving.

1 minute ago, OutofOffice said:

No they aren’t numbnuts. Them following the law is the reason all of you Ill-informed ‘tards are ranting and raving.

You're a fucktard of the highest degree. I'm sure your mommy is proud. 

Just now, OutofOffice said:

Yes, they are. If the law calls for 20 days, and it goes beyond that for any reason, the government is in violation.