Looking for opinions on Musto vs Zhik foulies. Zhik claims independent studies prove their cheapest line (Aroshell) outperforms Musto HPX (their highest level) in regards to being waterproof. Looking to buy new trousers and jacket, and was looking into Musto MPX, but the Zhik stuff looks noce, just wondering about the quality compared to Musto. 

I like Zhik's but after a couple Transpacs the inside seam tapes have peeled off and has dried causing white pieces to flake all over the place. I tried reaching out to Zhik but never got a response. I will be leaning towards musto next go around

Dunno about Zhik foulies but their backpack is shit for the price. I can say that I got 10 years out of my first Musto MPX jacket and am something like five years into my second. 

After several years in Musto MPX I took a chance on the Zhik Aroshell salopettes. The Zhiks are lighter, not as bulky, just as waterproof and have held up well this last year. I'll prob get 2 more seasons from them. The Zhik's were half the price. I race the cans on SF Bay and the coast year round on 20' and 36' sportboats 

I have had Zhik Aroshell salopettes for three years now. They have held up well and are plenty waterproof. I wish the ankles had some neoprene or something in the cuff, but the big velcro closure stays put.

I mostly bought them for the size, as I am 6'3" and 180lbs. Many of the other companies require an XXL for my leg length, with a gargantuan chest size.

On 5/28/2018 at 10:28 PM, EWS said:

I like Zhik's but after a couple Transpacs the inside seam tapes have peeled off and has dried causing white pieces to flake all over the place. I tried reaching out to Zhik but never got a response. I will be leaning towards musto next go around

Had that happen with an Isotak coat, they sent me a brandy new one (took a bit of time, and nagging, but it came) no problem.