Dacron

Nexus speed transducer - urgent

I have a broken TH43 speed paddlewheel sensor.  Its shorting and blowing the fuse for the server.  Fault is isolated to this one sensor.  It doesn't appear to be serviceable, so looking to just replace it and it seems the Garmin GST 43 is the exact same part.  Can this community confirm that its an identical swap out?

I don't suppose any vendors the CT/NY Tristate area has one in stock, do they?  Several online vendors - none appear to be local to me.  PM me if you know different!

1 hour ago, Dacron said:

I have a broken TH43 speed paddlewheel sensor.  Its shorting and blowing the fuse for the server.  Fault is isolated to this one sensor.  It doesn't appear to be serviceable, so looking to just replace it and it seems the Garmin GST 43 is the exact same part.  Can this community confirm that its an identical swap out?

I don't suppose any vendors the CT/NY Tristate area has one in stock, do they?  Several online vendors - none appear to be local to me.  PM me if you know different!

The Garmin replacement is called GDT 43 - remember to get the non-NMEA version

I would contact technical support at Garmin and order through them to make sure you get the correct part. I had the same problem with my Nexus knotmeter - there was a short circuit inside it and it kept heating up and blowing the fuse.

You want the GDT 43, it's readily available and commonly known as the "red paddlewheel" log transducer. If you shop around you'll find a variety of pricing.