B30

What was it?

This clearly stripped old racer washed up in Great Neck, NY. It was obviously a hot boat once. Anyone know anything about it?

IMG_20180602_094003.jpg

Somebody knows something, with those NY reg numbers on the bow...

As it missed its chance to stay deep in the environment. It's now A load going to a scrapper stripper and a land fill near you. 

The Olson has three deck house windows. Maybe we can't see the forward two but Olsons do not have that forward angle on the first port either. Agreed that the toe rail and bow/stern rails are exactly like the Olsons.  

NOT ENOUGH AFT DECK BEHIND COCKPIT FOR OLSON --

My Money's on Peterson 41 -- Sistership to COUG.???   

Could be C&C / Peterson custom 43 / 45...Amazing Grace sistership but with a housetop? 

Looks a bit like Wiggers 37 -- but looks too long?   Might just be the low freeboard / Full os water??

What was before the RP 68 Taxi Dancer?   That yellow if so distinctive -- makes me think of West Coats sled... - Who knows what they had BEFORE the RP68 ??

mikie

1 hour ago, Greyhound37 said:

All C&C's have aluminum toe rails and this ole gal does not. 

NOPE -- Plenty came out of Oakville /Custom shop with rolled edges....a bunch of true customs like amazing grace, evergreen etc.,....and also the Custom 41s / 44s ( these would have been 82- 92 Custom C&Cs ( I bet they did 25+ without rails) ....YES - Their production shop( and many from Custom shop )  mostly  finished with alum. toes...but this yellow barge is certainly from that vintage(82-92) and could been an Oakville Custom shop boat...IMO --Mikie --

Found of couple of examples...Amazing Grace and 44 / 41 --  Could be the old Dorothy Gale, that was a C&C 44 -- Vanpire was a C&C 41 same custom rolled deck joint, sailed her a lot on the 80s...silver Shadow, Charisma and others of this vintage / series...?? 41 / 44 were open transom boats, so defiantly NOT the yellow barge...

image.png.2371166aa559c468a8f93cd829a09b16.pngimage.png.5b83feacd57ab2e181f6766563e4abbc.pngimage.png.b208f186467e1518afa7b42470b9429f.png

21 minutes ago, Mikie said:

NOPE -- Plenty came out of Oakville /Custom shop with rolled edges....a bunch of true customs like amazing grace, evergreen etc.,....and also the Custom 41s / 44s ( these would have been 82- 92 Custom C&Cs ( I bet they did 25+ without rails) ....YES - Their production shop( and many from Custom shop )  mostly  finished with alum. toes...but this yellow barge is certainly from that vintage(82-92) and could been an Oakville Custom shop boat...IMO --Mikie --

Found of couple of examples...Amazing Grace and 44 / 41 --  Could be the old Dorothy Gale, that was a C&C 44 -- Vanpire was a C&C 41 same custom rolled deck joint, sailed her a lot on the 80s...silver Shadow, Charisma and others of this vintage / series...?? 41 / 44 were open transom boats, so defiantly NOT the yellow barge...

image.png.2371166aa559c468a8f93cd829a09b16.pngimage.png.5b83feacd57ab2e181f6766563e4abbc.pngimage.png.b208f186467e1518afa7b42470b9429f.png

I like where your going with this. I was thinking the same thing. Lots of Custom C&C's without the characteristic toe rail and the yellow boat seems like it's in the ball park. Hull shape, length 41,43 or 44 and the window might be a tell.

On 6/3/2018 at 1:26 PM, jww said:

Reminds me of a Morgan 45..

Bingo! you sir know your boats  it was on a mooring off City Island  being "customized"

On 6/2/2018 at 9:42 AM, B30 said:

This clearly stripped old racer washed up in Great Neck, NY. It was obviously a hot boat once. Anyone know anything about it?

IMG_20180602_094003.jpg

I bet there is no keel on it

Was that boat Chiquita in a past life when new?

Just now, Kevlar Edge said:

I'll bet anybody $3800 that theres no keel on it.

MUST have 3+ feet of water in it then....as the N/M - Morgan 45 were much higher floaters WITH a keel and rig....Guess they all end up here eventually???

28 minutes ago, Greyhound37 said:

If only she could talk. What stories to tell.

45R Morgan1.jpg

45Rmorgan2.jpg

45Rmorgan3.jpg

I just really hate yellow. It kills all things nice IMHO. 

On 6/3/2018 at 9:13 AM, Hitchhiker said:

Looks a little like a Pyramid 45.

45DDDBFB-0995-4883-870A-A267488B5064.jpeg

I think it should be a Sailing Anarchy rule that blind people aren't allowed to make visual comparisons.

• Like 1

Oh, come on.  It *does* look a little like a Pyramid 45.

Both have just one hull.  Both have a angle-y part up front at the pointy end.  Both have a slope-y flat part in the back.  Both have places on the roof where some of those spin-around-y things go for pulling ropes.

Practically impossible to tell them apart.