cpt_757

Portable fridge.

We have an Engel in the cockpit that has been running continuously for over a year. DC 

boat is a cat so no heeling but that said, we have friends with leaners who have same fridge and are ok

Engel. Runs on both AC and DC. Quiet efficient durable. Variable control to set temperature - use as freezer or fridge. Mine has been working for 16 years, running constantly 6 months a year. The 35 liter was quieter than the 25 back when I purchased it.

14 minutes ago, cpt_757 said:

Engel sounds good.

you gets what you pay for .

Engel ain't the cheapest but they are the brand most favoured in the Australian outback .

Dometic works great for me, in an aft locker, AC/DC switch hitter.  Keeps the ice chilled for boat drinks and some steaks frozen for the barbie.

On 6/4/2018 at 5:32 AM, Mid said:

you gets what you pay for .

Engel ain't the cheapest but they are the brand most favoured in the Australian outback .

Definitely the most favoured, better than the other big commercial brand which is Waeco, I have neither, I went for a Bushman due to it being the lowest amps draw per day, but if I had the money I'd go for a National Luna.

16 hours ago, FromTheRail said:

Definitely the most favoured, better than the other big commercial brand which is Waeco, I have neither, I went for a Bushman due to it being the lowest amps draw per day, but if I had the money I'd go for a National Luna.

What is good about National Luna? The price is affordable than Dometic Waeco.

ARB. Same tech as Engel. 

5 hours ago, cpt_757 said:

What is good about National Luna? The price is affordable than Dometic Waeco.

From what i found they were the fridge that was deemed best commercial fridge from geeks who rally know about 12v fridges, there is a company in Aus that will custom make a fridge for your need, but i cant remember the name

edit: found it

www.norcoast.com.au

2 hours ago, FromTheRail said:

From what i found they were the fridge that was deemed best commercial fridge from geeks who rally know about 12v fridges, there is a company in Aus that will custom make a fridge for your need, but i cant remember the name

edit: found it

www.norcoast.com.au

Unfortunately, I am not at Australia. Thanks,