Sign in to follow this  
Mrleft8

Welding table

Recommended Posts

I have a 5'X10' steel welding table. The top is 3/8" plate, the legs and frame are 3" square tube. It's about 40" (+-) tall and has 4" wheels on all 6 legs.

I don't use it. Anyone got an idea what it's worth? Anyone want it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I have a 5'X10' steel welding table. The top is 3/8" plate, the legs and frame are 3" square tube. It's about 40" (+-) tall and has 4" wheels on all 6 legs.

I don't use it. Anyone got an idea what it's worth? Anyone want it?

Craigslist and eBay wern't able to give you a benchmark on this?  There are a few 4 X 4 tables out here $300 to $450 on CL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I have a 5'X10' steel welding table. The top is 3/8" plate, the legs and frame are 3" square tube. It's about 40" (+-) tall and has 4" wheels on all 6 legs.

I don't use it. Anyone got an idea what it's worth? Anyone want it?

Priceless.....

It is scrap to everybody except the shop that needs a welding table. Try Craigslist, various Facebook forsale groups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you still have it next April I'd love it ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

I have a 5'X10' steel welding table. The top is 3/8" plate, the legs and frame are 3" square tube. It's about 40" (+-) tall and has 4" wheels on all 6 legs.

I don't use it. Anyone got an idea what it's worth? Anyone want it?

Beer Pong

put it on CL

Before the Tariff begins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not fair! You should at least run an experiment like Tom did with his plywood table!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

I have a 5'X10' steel welding table. The top is 3/8" plate, the legs and frame are 3" square tube. It's about 40" (+-) tall and has 4" wheels on all 6 legs.

I don't use it. Anyone got an idea what it's worth? Anyone want it?

There's a guy over in Cruising Anarchy building a steel boat who could use it. I dunno if he can afford to come get it though, would you be cool with taking a road trip out there?

He would probably get the most good use out of the welding table by using it to make more accurate cuts on the packing crate wood he is sawing up for interior bracing.

-DSK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just the top weighs close to 800lbs.....

 I dunno think I'm going to be delivering this anywhere.....

And Figgy, if you want it, it's C.O.D. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wha?   you don't want to run it up to me in a Hertz kidneypuncher?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Figment said:

wha?   you don't want to run it up to me in a Hertz kidneypuncher?

W/ our luck, I'd get stalled out on the beltway bridge in DC...... No thnx, Bridgeport was bad enough!:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could really use that. But fuel cost to FL would chew up it's value.

Scrap iron is about $.08/lb right now. So the top is worth about $64. A new piece that size is ten times that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bmiller said:

I could really use that. But fuel cost to FL would chew up it's value.

Scrap iron is about $.08/lb right now. So the top is worth about $64. A new piece that size is ten times that.

Yeah.... With the 5 1/2" vise and the various jigs I figure I should ask about $800 for it, and expect to get $700...... If.... The right person comes along.

 

ETA: Hell! I just looked up the price for the vise alone is $500!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, if you don't get rid of it by fall/early winter I would probably make the trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're going about this all wrong.

Don't sell the table.  Buy a welder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Figment said:

I think you're going about this all wrong.

Don't sell the table.  Buy a welder.

I have a Miller Bob cat and a Miller Trailblazer..... And a small portable Lincoln...... And I'm a woodworker (As you know), not a welder....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still holding out for letting the Florida weather and vegetation having a go at it for the benefit of the group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, hobot said:

I'm still holding out for letting the Florida weather and vegetation having a go at it for the benefit of the group.

It's inside, currently.... Skinks and Geckos may infest it, but other than that it's pretty safe.

It is astounding how fast certain things deteriorate here, when left to the weather.... It's far worse than either New England wet/cold, or Caribbean sun/wet/hot.....

 It's like the perfect decay environment....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom would go......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hobot said:

Tom would go......

...? Where?...... Why?.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

I have a Miller Bob cat and a Miller Trailblazer..... And a small portable Lincoln...... And I'm a woodworker (As you know), not a welder....

"I'm a doctor Jim, not a ..."

4 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

 

 It's like the perfect decay environment....

No, no, that's PA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Heard that in the FD many many times. 

Pretty ironic when you figure Eddie is the only one that didn't make it. "Stay with the boat". Do they listen? No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Pretty ironic when you figure Eddie is the only one that didn't make it. "Stay with the boat". Do they listen? No.

Rule #1: Stay with the boat.

Rule #2: Don't leave the boat.

Rule #3: Don't move away from the boat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Rule #1: Stay with the boat.

Rule #2: Don't leave the boat.

Rule #3: Don't move away from the boat.

 

#4 step up into the raft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Henley Hornbrook said:

#4 step up into the raft

These rules do not always apply...I pulled Grabs Jr out of school to go out and watch them sink the Oriskany off Pensacola...that big fucker went down fast, and left a giant hole you could fall into...

 And before PB and his elk jump on me, I know this was a "ship" not a "boat":D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grabbler said:

 

And before PB and his elk jump on me, I know this was a "ship" not a "boat":D

No problem, I’m no purist......besides.....buncha brown shoes........meh.

:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK..... So anyone got an idea what I should ask for it?..... $500+ vise, $68 top(scrap price) probably $70 base (scrap price) I think it should be worth more than that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

OK..... So anyone got an idea what I should ask for it?..... $500+ vise, $68 top(scrap price) probably $70 base (scrap price) I think it should be worth more than that....

My initial thought was that I wish you were closer than 800 miles away.   Second was to advertise it on a distant CL for an absurd sum, and see what kind of responses you get.  I'd expect "You F*ggin idiot!  That things only worth X$".   ( market research)

Then - you place the ad in your local CL for a reasonable price and see what kind of nibbles you get.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

My initial thought was that I wish you were closer than 800 miles away.   Second was to advertise it on a distant CL for an absurd sum, and see what kind of responses you get.  I'd expect "You F*ggin idiot!  That things only worth X$".   ( market research)

Then - you place the ad in your local CL for a reasonable price and see what kind of nibbles you get.  

genius..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction...  sale = Cost of materials to build, less 30% because it isn't exactly like the buyer would've built it, minus another $200 come-n-get-it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

My initial thought was that I wish you were closer than 800 miles away.   Second was to advertise it on a distant CL for an absurd sum, and see what kind of responses you get.  I'd expect "You F*ggin idiot!  That things only worth X$".   ( market research)

Then - you place the ad in your local CL for a reasonable price and see what kind of nibbles you get.  

Excellent idea! I suppose Winchester, Va. would be a good place to place the add..... Plenty of money there, and the trades haven't been completely replaced by commuters to DC ....... yet.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

Excellent idea! I suppose Winchester, Va. would be a good place to place the add..... Plenty of money there, and the trades haven't been completely replaced by commuters to DC ....... yet.....

Let me know if you need help w/the spelling.... ;-) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Let me know if you need help w/the spelling.... ;-) 

 

Spelling wut, Winchestuh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just put it upon Winchester CL for 2K.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

https://winchester.craigslist.org/ - you'll need to upload pics

 

How do you take pictures of a 5'X10' steel table in a garage full of other crap?.....

 I know how to take pictures of furniture, but this is just a fucking steel table with lots of stuff around it. I could draw a picture and it would be more informative.

 So..... What's your bid? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What vise is on it?

A good vise is like a good anvil, expensive.

And they sound good.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure it's a Wilton, if not it's something that looks just like a Wilton. It has 2 screw down clamps on the swivel, which my other big vises do not have.... They have cam action clamps.... And this thing can hold a 6" piece of black iron pipe like a kid holds a lollipop..... BTW there's also a pile of stainless steel and black steel stock on a gooseneck trailer that needs to go away too.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, bmiller said:What vise is on it?

A good vise is like a good anvil, expensive.

And they sound good.

 

Well those good ole boys sound putty good. How the heck does guy play the mando with no strap and fingerboard so much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Good 'ol boys...?"

I just found out they're from Finland!

They look like they could use a welding table though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bmiller said:

What vise is on it?

A good vise is like a good anvil, expensive.

And they sound good.

 

It's not the anvil, it's the wrench.

These guys are awesome, thanks

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, charisma94 said:

^Good 'ol boys...?"

I just found out they're from Finland!

They look like they could use a welding table though.

 

There are good ole boys everywhere.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

It's not the anvil, it's the wrench.

These guys are awesome, thanks

-DSK

No, that's the anvil. A good anvil sounds just like that. Of course it would sound. Different if you hit it with a stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this