Game 1 of this year's State of Origin, takes place in only a few hours. This year for something completely different game 1 will be played out of state, at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. I am surprised no one has brought it up yet, I haven't seen LB posting for a couple of days but could his absence be due to the odds shifting to the Blues for the first time in a long while?

For you sad fuckers who don't know what I am talking about here's a few reminders:

All I can say from this side of the country is...Bring back the Biff!!!

• Downvote 1

I think there might be a bit of biff in it tonight, if only to get the ratings up

Guys

Just preparing for pre games drinks and dinner at Lee Ho Fook and the wander up to the G.

Should be a fantastic game with what appears to be two new teams and possibly one new culture.

Whilst I would like to see a bit of biff I think we are going to see some open league with the ball spun wide on many occasions.

Bring it on!

Oh it helps when someone else is paying!

While LB is away ....  This is the year for the Blues, go cockroaches.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DtM said:

While LB is away ....  This is the year for the Blues, go cockroaches.

Mate wherever LB is, if QLD had won, he'd have found bandwidth to remind us of his errrr... elation. :lol:

Not sure about the "new era" claims yet. Good game though.

• Like 2

We were robbed. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

We were robbed. 

34750937_590524684679389_664467617630230

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

We were robbed. 

34459213_590113428053848_258202669358986

• Like 1

We were robbed.

Post Match Report

87000 my arse.  One of the guys we were with was there for Cats vs Tigers which had 92000 he said well short of this.  Lucky to be 80000.

Atmosphere - dead.  Despite radio talkback and print media it was dead.  A couple of roars but not consistent.  Crowd was decked out in Blue and Maroon and suggest they were actual supporters but nil volume.

Venue.  Not for rectangle games.  Too far away.

Game - It appeared that the ball went wide often with a number of fend offs leading to line breaks rather than normal hit it up.  But too far away to really analyse.  I'll look at the a replay to see what it was like on TV.

Ref - They put the whistle away except for two time they should of used it both to Qld's detriment.  I'm not sure of the camera caught it GI had a massive discussion with the ref over the alleged strip but arguing with Refs is like wrestling with pigs!  Oh the pass was forward I was in-line!

Pitch invader - didn't get on the playing arena but was a handful for the security guys.  We counted 7 and he was still giving them a hard time.

Service - 25 minutes return trip to get a beer!!!!

So who did I support?  When I sat down next to an attractive young lady in maroon the answer is obvious.  When her equally attractive friend changed seats at half time but was in blue - well you do what you have to do.

Would I go again?  Only to catch up with friends and if someone else pays!

WTF are you guys talking about?

The greatest game of all. Mate against mate, state against state. A rugby league contest between people from a cold sinful state V gods own country. NSW haven't won the series since the IPhone was invented. 

5 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

WTF are you guys talking about?

Do love in a fucking bubble? You obviously have access to the internet in your Mum’s basement, perhaps you should branch out from you usual sites or just watch the 10 minute long video in my OP. 

11 hours ago, dreadom said:

Do you live in a fucking bubble? You obviously have access to the internet in your Mum’s basement, perhaps you should branch out from you usual sites or just watch the 10 minute long video in my OP. 

Edit

11 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

They’re still faggots. 

Why is it the ones who make all of the homophobic comments always turn out to be gay? Either come out and get on with your life or pick a more intelligent put down. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dreadom said:

Why is it the ones who make all of the homophobic comments always turn out to be gay? Either come out and get on with your life or pick a more intelligent put down. 

Fuck off Dreadom and chillout. I've got a bunch of NSW mates, and its a standard joke swapped every year.  We don't get that stressed out a game of sport, you dill. 

Jesus, you wouldn't last a minute at any pub I know. ,

Edit: Dreadom, quick, quick! I just burnt some toast, ring up Greenpeace! I just dumped carbon waste into the environment.  

Get a fucking life. Tool.

SB

49 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Fuck off Dreadom and chillout. I've got a bunch of NSW mates, and its a standard joke swapped every year.  We don't get that stressed out a game of sport, you dill. 

Jesus, you wouldn't last a minute at any pub I know. ,

Edit: Dreadom, quick, quick! I just burnt some toast, ring up Greenpeace! I just dumped carbon waste into the environment.  

Get a fucking life. Tool.

SB

Take your hand off it Daryl

2 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

I rest my case.

Tool.

And your a moron who’s got nothing more than homophobic comments and greenpeace jokes. 

I get it sport. Another loser lacking in life that cruises the interwebs to find an outlet for your sense of outrage.

Thank god for the interweb holier than thou moral judge and jury hero. 

Tool.

We were robbed again but it was Ben Hunt who robbed us. First that brain fart when he obstructed Cordner (should have never been a penalty try however) then with the blues down to 12 men, a huge gap and the worlds best winger outside him and the dill kicks on the third tackle. Great first game from Ponger (as one would expect from anyone who attended that fine school.)  In the end it was the lack of a kicker and some great blues defence that did it. Sadly QLD were the better team on the night but that penalty try was the difference. Great game though. Us Queenslanders can live with only having won 12 of the last 14 series. The Blues are going to get destroyed in game 3 at the Cauldron. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, albanyguy said:

@LB 15 - commiserations mate

Yes flags will be flying at half mast all over the state today. Been a while since I had a hangover like this on a Monday as well

• Like 1

Could be a long night for us Queenslanders. Decimated by injuries but maybe that famous Queensland pride in the jumper can see them pull one out of the hat for Billy's last game.

Lowest ticket sales for an origin game at the cauldron in living memory.

Respect to Freddy. He is the coach that the Blues have been looking for for a decade.

• Like 1

Well the Blues deserved to lose that one. They completely ran out of puff, lacked any set plays, missed far too many tackles and made some terrible kicks in the second half. 

I’m not so sure about awarding of the “Player of the Series” to Slater. Seemed like a consolation award. Is it too late to give him another people’s choice award like the Gold Logie?

10 hours ago, dreadom said:

I’m not so sure about awarding of the “Player of the Series” to Slater. Seemed like a consolation award. Is it too late to give him another people’s choice award like the Gold Logie?

WTF my child? I was  running around in my maroon number 1 jersey the other day and a new arrival said to Saint Peter  "I didn't  know Billy Slater had died?" Saint Peter replied " No that's God. He just thinks he is Billy Slater."