Sign in to follow this  
mad

Just another shooting

Dancing FBI agent drops gun during backflip and shoots man in leg

This @FBI agent was dancing at a Denver bar on Saturday night. Did a back flip, gun falls. He picks it up and a round is fired, hitting a man (he’ll be ok.) @DenverPolice investigating. #9News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44349521

• Like 1

BAN GUNZ!!!

Or something.......

Well you can't ban stupidity - it would decimate the country.

• Like 1

If you saw this in a movie, you'd almost certainly say "That's ridiculous"

Guns aren't the problem, dancing morons are the problem

-DSK

• Like 1

Guns don't kill people, Disco does.

• Like 1

Too bad he didn't look down the barrel, that would have earned him a Trump cabinet position.

Was this a good guy with a gun or a bad guy with a gun? 

1 minute ago, Mark K said:

He was a guy that was bad with a gun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark K said:

He was obviously a bad dancer with a gun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark K said:

Good. The badge indicates he's qualified to have an (assault weapon, ordinary .22). You can't trust badgeless people with ordinary .22's.

44 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Good. The badge indicates he's qualified to have an (assault weapon, ordinary .22). You can't trust badgeless people with ordinary .22's.

Not sure if his badge has proved him trustworthy on this :wacko:

I want t o know the technical.

So he has chambered a round and put it on safety while dancing at a party?

Why did the safety fail?

When hunting it is a no-no to walk from blind to blind with a round in the chamber. You only put a round in and then safety on when in firing position.

Seems there is some sort of disconnect here with gun safety.

5 hours ago, fastyacht said:

I want t o know the technical.

So he has chambered a round and put it on safety while dancing at a party?

Why did the safety fail?

When hunting it is a no-no to walk from blind to blind with a round in the chamber. You only put a round in and then safety on when in firing position.

Seems there is some sort of disconnect here with gun safety.

Wild guess based on past stories, with no knowledge of this one:

The gun was a Glock. The safety worked as intended. It's part of the trigger. If you pull the trigger, there's a really, really, good chance the gun will fire.

He picked it up with his finger through the trigger guard, squeezing the trigger in the process. As with most negligent discharges, observing Rule 3 would have prevented the incident. Everyone seems to know the first two. 3 and 4 (but especially 3) are often ignored.

• Like 2

Thank you. Didn't know that about glocks but yes watching closely I do see the trigger touch!

24 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Thank you. Didn't know that about glocks but yes watching closely I do see the trigger touch!

Slight tangent - but, this link explains the 3-part internal safety: 
https://us.glock.com/technology/safe-action

The takeaway is that Glock's can't go off on their own - if a Glock shoots, someone or something pulled the trigger. 

• Like 1

Shit happens, which is why the NYPD went to a 12lb trigger pull.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark K said:

Shit happens, which is why the NYPD went to a 12lb trigger pull.   

JFC ! 

I had to look this up and it's true.

That's one of the stupidest policies I've ever heard of.

My Mountie son has a 7 Lb trigger on his Smith 9.

That's a pretty heavy trigger - 12 Lbs sounds like they want it to be damn near impossible to shoot.

1 hour ago, Dorado said:

JFC ! 

You can only imagine the accuracy that a 12lb pull affords at 50 feet....

2 hours ago, Amati said:
3 hours ago, Dorado said:

JFC ! 

And you wonder NYPD cops spray bullets and hit civilians when they do try to shoot someone.....

edit to add: this is a perfect example of "nanny state-ism".  Rather than conducting better training so as to learn not to touch the trigger until you want to fire, they instead pad all the corners for the lowest common denominator.  I have a couple of Glocks.  I think the factory trigger pull is around 5-6 pounds.  You have to REALLY want to pull the trigger in a deliberate way to get them to go bang.  I cannot imagine what a 12# pull would be like.  I'm not even sure they make trigger pull measuring devices that go that high.  That's insane!  

4 hours ago, Amati said:

I imagine that cops who never learned Rule 3 and who grab their gun by the trigger to pick it up would be safer. Without being safe.

Because you should not pick up a gun by the trigger.

It’s the Bell curve- there are only a limited percentage of superior people in any given field- at some point you just run out.  What do you want your best people doing?  Do you want to arm everybody?  Even the incompetent?  For example,  the guy who was a legally armed security guard who shot up the diner recently.  I would argue he was at the low end of the Bell curve as far as competency to carry.  But there he was, hired, armed and ready to fire away.  Or cops in a stressful situation who forget how to draw without shooting themselves. It may be the nanny state, but there is competition for the best people, and when you’ve used up the supply, what are you going to do?  Training is expensive, and the demand for armed security isn’t exactly going down.  How many of you expert marksmen is willing to go into armed police or security work so we aren’t scraping the bottom of the barrel?  Hands?

1 hour ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I imagine that cops who never learned Rule 3 and who grab their gun by the trigger to pick it up would be safer. Without being safe.

Because you should not pick up a gun by the trigger.

I'll bet that the Fat Point PD have had those 4 rules pounded into their heads in the last year.

24 minutes ago, Amati said:

It’s the Bell curve- there are only a limited percentage of superior people in any given field- at some point you just run out.  What do you want your best people doing?  Do you want to arm everybody?  Even the incompetent?  For example,  the guy who was a legally armed security guard who shot up the diner recently.  I would argue he was at the low end of the Bell curve as far as competency to carry.  But there he was, hired, armed and ready to fire away.  Or cops in a stressful situation who forget how to draw without shooting themselves. It may be the nanny state, but there is competition for the best people, and when you’ve used up the supply, what are you going to do?  Training is expensive, and the demand for armed security isn’t exactly going down.  How many of you expert marksmen is willing to go into armed police or security work so we aren’t scraping the bottom of the barrel?  Hands?

I think your question contains a dangerous premise: that competent pro's won't make mistakes.

They will. Very experienced pilots set planes down with the gear up. It can happen to you, and the minute you think it can't, you're a likely candidate.

It's not that easy to become an FBI agent. I doubt we were scraping the bottom of the barrel.

This guy, like too many other nutterz I'm sorry to say, stopped reading after Rule 2. Incidents like this happen and people recite over and over "It's always loaded, don't point it at anything you don't want to shoot!" And nobody adds, "AND KEEP YOUR GODDAMN FINGER OFF THE GODDAMN TRIGGER!"

So many of these could be avoided if we made triggers slightly radioactive and told people about it. You don't really want to touch this thing until the moment you must, and then you want to GET YOUR GODDAMN FINGER OFF THAT GODDAMN TRIGGER right away.

31 minutes ago, Amati said:

Fair point.  

11 minutes ago, Fat Point Jack said:

I'll bet that the Fat Point PD have had those 4 rules pounded into their heads in the last year.

One would hope, but the shooting of the librarian needed one about not training with live ammo.

21 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:
51 minutes ago, Amati said:

I think your question contains a dangerous premise: that competent pro's won't make mistakes. 

They will. Very experienced pilots set planes down with the gear up. It can happen to you, and the minute you think it can't, you're a likely candidate.

It's not that easy to become an FBI agent. I doubt we were scraping the bottom of the barrel.

This guy, like too many other nutterz I'm sorry to say, stopped reading after Rule 2. Incidents like this happen and people recite over and over "It's always loaded, don't point it at anything you don't want to shoot!" And nobody adds, "AND KEEP YOUR GODDAMN FINGER OFF THE GODDAMN TRIGGER!"

So many of these could be avoided if we made triggers slightly radioactive and told people about it. You don't really want to touch this thing until the moment you must, and then you want to GET YOUR GODDAMN FINGER OFF THAT GODDAMN TRIGGER right away.

You're both right.

Tom, what you're saying does not negate does negate what Amati said. Highly trained expert people -do- sometimes make mistakes, but much more rarely and at a much higher level (which sometimes makes their mistakes much more dangerous).

-DSK

10 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

You're both right.

Tom, what you're saying does not negate does negate what Amati said. Highly trained expert people -do- sometimes make mistakes, but much more rarely and at a much higher level (which sometimes makes their mistakes much more dangerous).

-DSK

That's true with respect to the first part of my post but I'd submit that it really isn't all that much to ask to KEEP YOUR GODDAMN FINGER OFF THE GODDAMN TRIGGER! We can dip pretty deep, if not scrape the bottom, and find people who can follow that simple instruction.

Also, if your gun flies free when you do a flip, what happens if you encounter an assailant who flips you? Or if you just fall? The correct answer is, "My gun stays on my body." I don't know how the topic guy was carrying but it was wrong. As Eva Dent.

10 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

That's true with respect to the first part of my post but I'd submit that it really isn't all that much to ask to KEEP YOUR GODDAMN FINGER OFF THE GODDAMN TRIGGER! We can dip pretty deep, if not scrape the bottom, and find people who can follow that simple instruction.

Also, if your gun flies free when you do a flip, what happens if you encounter an assailant who flips you? Or if you just fall? The correct answer is, "My gun stays on my body." I don't know how the topic guy was carrying but it was wrong. As Eva Dent.

I believe that FBI agents go thru very intensive firearms training, if this guy was in fact an FBI agent (which I would not take YouTube's word for) then he -did- have that pounded into his head. And your own point is that highly trained smart people can make mistakes contrary to their training, why can't stupid people do it too?

As for improper carry, yeah. In a just world, Mr Disco Backflip would have shot himself in the butt, not an innocent bystander.

-DSK

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

You're both right.

-DSK

And that’s my issue with a mass market of guns- I mean, if the elite can fuck up......

And Tom, my dad (captain of his university’s shooting team) drummed it into my head that guns were ALWAYS loaded, and the safety was ALWAYS off to the point I was scared shitless of the things, which is why I think they are a pain in the ass.  Every time I picked one up, I was petrified I was going to hurt myself,  or kill someone else.  (And I’m a really accurate shot with a rifle. (I suck with pistols)). It’s not an overreaction,  It’s a fundamental assumption of handling a gun, and after a while, I just didn’t want the responsibility, and the best way to rid myself of it was to not have any.  But unless I know someone implicitly, I just don’t trust others with guns.  I don’t believe they should be illegal, I just don’t want to be around anyone with a gun.  I even find armed cops a little jarring, much less open carry, or even worse, concealed carry civilians.  

Too many people are careless with the things.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Amati said:

Can you imagine the typical range of engagement being within 4 feet?  

37 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Can you imagine the typical range of engagement being within 4 feet?  

You could just throw the thing at them, or hit them over the head....

2 minutes ago, Amati said:

You could just throw the thing at them, or hit them over the head....

Frankly, having a sidearm in a fist fight puts you at a big disadvantage. Only have one hand to fight with because one has to be devoted the extraction of the sidearm, which you MUST do if only to prevent the other guy from getting ahold of it. This is why many police around the world go un-second amendmented. Seems unimaginable to us, but in fact only a tiny percentage of police will ever fire their weapon outside of the range during the course of a career, and a significant portion of the people they do shoot they must because having it means deploying it in ALL wrestling matches. Indeed having it means you can't engage in a wrestling match, not willingly anyway. Many cops are shot with their own weapon. 

The video of this thread shows why people who train for beat-cop duty can be OK with heavy trigger pull. Their game is using it IN A FIGHT, only very very rarely does the situation of having to snipe at someone from more than 10 feet crop up. Nothing like what hobbyists "train" for.   

I'm inclined to think an incompetent cop is more of a danger with a 12lb trigger pull than with a 7lb pull.

16 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

And you wonder NYPD cops spray bullets and hit civilians when they do try to shoot someone.....

edit to add: this is a perfect example of "nanny state-ism".  Rather than conducting better training so as to learn not to touch the trigger until you want to fire, they instead pad all the corners for the lowest common denominator.  I have a couple of Glocks.  I think the factory trigger pull is around 5-6 pounds.  You have to REALLY want to pull the trigger in a deliberate way to get them to go bang.  I cannot imagine what a 12# pull would be like.  I'm not even sure they make trigger pull measuring devices that go that high.  That's insane!  

Got a cite on the NYPD's rate of spraying bystanders at a higher rate than other PDs, like pre and post trigger regs?

17 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

That’s because the lowest common denominator is all that’s left, practically speaking!

Unless you’re volunteering.....

14 hours ago, Mark K said:

The video of this thread shows why people who train for beat-cop duty can be OK with heavy trigger pull. Their game is using it IN A FIGHT,

Is there some evidence that the heavy trigger helps? From what I read, the cops hated having that shit foisted on them. Other areas aren't clamoring for it. I sure as heck wouldn't want it. Would you?

21 hours ago, Amati said:

And that’s my issue with a mass market of guns- I mean, if the elite can fuck up......

And Tom, my dad (captain of his university’s shooting team) drummed it into my head that guns were ALWAYS loaded, and the safety was ALWAYS off to the point I was scared shitless of the things, which is why I think they are a pain in the ass.  Every time I picked one up, I was petrified I was going to hurt myself,  or kill someone else.  (And I’m a really accurate shot with a rifle. (I suck with pistols)). It’s not an overreaction,  It’s a fundamental assumption of handling a gun, and after a while, I just didn’t want the responsibility, and the best way to rid myself of it was to not have any.  But unless I know someone implicitly, I just don’t trust others with guns.  I don’t believe they should be illegal, I just don’t want to be around anyone with a gun.  I even find armed cops a little jarring, much less open carry, or even worse, concealed carry civilians.  

Your feelings about guns are the reasons why I seldom carry. Guns are a pain.

If you examine violent crime rates, you'll find that concealed weapons permit holders like myself are less likely to be convicted of a violent crime than cops. Cops, in turn, are less likely than non-permit owning citizens such as yourself. So really, I should be afraid of you!

We agree that too many are careless (too many being any number greater than zero.)

My view is that my objects that are most likely to cause my death or the deaths of others are my vehicles. And it's not even close. I agree with those who say it's very unlikely I'll ever need to use a gun in self-defense. 

21 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
21 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I believe that FBI agents go thru very intensive firearms training, if this guy was in fact an FBI agent (which I would not take YouTube's word for) then he -did- have that pounded into his head. And your own point is that highly trained smart people can make mistakes contrary to their training, why can't stupid people do it too?

As for improper carry, yeah. In a just world, Mr Disco Backflip would have shot himself in the butt, not an innocent bystander.

-DSK

Did I say that stupid people couldn't do it too? Can't find where I said that, so it seems like a strawman to me.

15 hours ago, Mark K said:

Frankly, having a sidearm in a fist fight puts you at a big disadvantage. Only have one hand to fight with because one has to be devoted the extraction of the sidearm, which you MUST do if only to prevent the other guy from getting ahold of it. This is why many police around the world go un-second amendmented. Seems unimaginable to us, but in fact only a tiny percentage of police will ever fire their weapon outside of the range during the course of a career, and a significant portion of the people they do shoot they must because having it means deploying it in ALL wrestling matches. Indeed having it means you can't engage in a wrestling match, not willingly anyway. Many cops are shot with their own weapon. 

The video of this thread shows why people who train for beat-cop duty can be OK with heavy trigger pull. Their game is using it IN A FIGHT, only very very rarely does the situation of having to snipe at someone from more than 10 feet crop up. Nothing like what hobbyists "train" for.   

how many lies can be in one post?

1: Frankly, having a sidearm in a fist fight puts you at a big disadvantage.

2: Only have one hand to fight with because one has to be devoted the extraction of the sidearm,

3: which you MUST do if only to prevent the other guy from getting ahold of it

4: . This is why many police around the world go un-second amendmented

5:  significant portion of the people they do shoot they must because having it means deploying it in ALL wrestling matches.

6: Indeed having it means you can't engage in a wrestling match,

7: Many cops are shot with their own weapon. 

8: The video of this thread shows why people who train for beat-cop duty can be OK with heavy trigger pull.

9: Their game is using it IN A FIGHT, only very very rarely does the situation of having to snipe at someone from more than 10 feet crop up.

10: Nothing like what hobbyists "train" for.  

sesame_street_count_beer.jpg

• Downvote 2

1: false, ask any woman that has been rapped, or you know any police officer.

2: false, most police to hands on before drawing a weapon. Called escalation of force policy.

3: false, escalation of force policy dictates when any weapon is used and police use retention holsters to stop others from obtaining the firearm, and that is why it is uncommon for police weapons to be "grabbed" by others

4: false, most police around the world that are unarmed are due to police policy not their own choice

5:  false, weapons are only deployed according to escalation of force policy not required due to "wrestling"

6: false, Eric garner case and 1000s of others

7: very false: from 2003-2011 only 4.2% of police deaths were from their own weapon.

8: the video doesn't show a beat cop or why a heavy trigger is needed or that this incident would have been prevented from a heavy trigger. Furthermore most beat cops don't have heavy triggers and fight against policy instituting them as most use factory spec weapons.

9: false, police don't have a game and use firearms for self defense just as normal citizens do. The distance in a situation starts at 21 feet per most police policy.

10: false most pistol owners train for self defense at 7 yards.c

So @Mark K can you post any truthful information? Or just more made up lies from your feels?

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Big-wave said:

2: false, most police to hands on before drawing a weapon. Called escalation of force policy.

3: false, escalation of force policy dictates when any weapon is used and police use retention holsters to stop others from obtaining the firearm, and that is why it is uncommon for police weapons to be "grabbed" by others

4: false, most police around the world that are unarmed are due to police policy not their own choice

5:  false, weapons are only deployed according to escalation of force policy not required due to "wrestling"

7: very false: from 2003-2011 only 4.2% of police deaths were from their own weapon.

8: the video doesn't show a beat cop or why a heavy trigger is needed or that this incident would have been prevented from a heavy trigger. Furthermore most beat cops don't have heavy triggers and fight against policy instituting them as most use factory spec weapons.

9: false, police don't have a game and use firearms for self defense just as normal citizens do. The distance in a situation starts at 21 feet per most police policy.

So @Mark K can you post any truthful information? Or just more made up lies from your feels?

Mark was apparently a soldier, not a cop. Which is why I ask him about military stuff like this:

On 6/4/2018 at 3:37 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

In our case, a rimfire gun that accepts a detachable magazine and has a telescoping stock is an assault weapon. That's my wife's battlefield Ruger 10-22. You have some history in the armed forces, right? Did you ever come up against a soldier wielding a Ruger 10-22 with a telescoping stock? If so, how did you ever survive?

17 minutes ago, Big-wave said:

Who owns this sock??

3 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Did I say that stupid people couldn't do it too? Can't find where I said that, so it seems like a strawman to me.

No you didn't say that. But you used the statement that "smart people make mistakes" to attack the idea that it was not so good to count on training stupid people for police work. Smart ones would be better, IOW.

If you agreed with that premise, then perhaps you should have tried to make spurious contrary arguments. Is that a straw man?

-DSK

On 6/9/2018 at 4:37 AM, Amati said:

This. ^^^

My pop came back from WWII with a general distaste for gun barrels pointed at people.  This included unloaded weapons. He never related the details of this aversion.

4 hours ago, jocal505 said:

This. ^^^

My pop came back from WWII with a general distaste for gun barrels pointed at people.  This included unloaded weapons. He never related the details of this aversion.

Did his ccw make you think it killed people? Or are you still a tard?

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Chicken hawk war bird.

SAD!

Gouvtard dumblat midisstillmad

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Sounds like you are having a stroke.  Common among older people with anger issues.  I’d advise you to seek help but I’m rooting against you.

Sounds like you are a libtard, sucks the U.S. Doesn't give out hand outs for that.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

Sucks the US?

i really hope you are stroking out.  Either way it’s funny.

You triggered snowflake? Find a safe space!

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I did not trigger snowflake!  Dont blame me!   Are you experiencing a loss of vision?

asking for a friend.

You are very triggered, where can we put you to be safe?

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Is there some evidence that the heavy trigger helps? From what I read, the cops hated having that shit foisted on them. Other areas aren't clamoring for it. I sure as heck wouldn't want it. Would you?

Some cops were irritated, but there are many NYPD cops who are OK with it and their comments are in their chat rooms. I'm OK with it myself, I spent a significant amount of time training to fight like a cop has to be trained when I was being trained for embassy duty. And since my bro is a cop and all his friends are pretty much my friends I hear a lot of shop talk.

Personally, I discovered the entire fight-game changes when the goal changes from killing to detention in the work up to embassy guard. All the old LINE stuff had to be drummed out me new techniques introduced. They actually sent us all up the road to the FBI academy for firearm training. It's that much a different ball game. 

I there are plenty of videos of cop training which show the problem. I had thought this OP video and excellent example of why some cops are OK with a damn tight trigger. But apparently most here are incapable of seeing how if that guy had had a damn tight trigger he might still have a career, but I perhaps expected far too much.

Big Show? You provide nothing but dismissal by contempt, and argumentation without attempt to persuade is masturbation.  

5 hours ago, Mark K said:

I had thought this OP video and excellent example of why some cops are OK with a damn tight trigger. But apparently most here are incapable of seeing how if that guy had had a damn tight trigger he might still have a career, but I perhaps expected far too much.

I didn't watch the video but was able to correctly guess what happened because it happens too much. But my answer would be: don't pick the gun up with your finger on the trigger. I can see why some would want a heavy trigger but can't see why 12 lbs would be needed. It's curling a gallon and a half of water with a finger. There's heavy and then there's ridiculous.

On 6/9/2018 at 12:08 AM, SloopJonB said:

My Mountie son has a 7 Lb trigger on his Smith 9.

That's a pretty heavy trigger - 12 Lbs sounds like they want it to be damn near impossible to shoot.

I don't know if I could hold sights on target pulling that hard.  

On 6/10/2018 at 4:02 AM, Mark K said:

Got a cite on the NYPD's rate of spraying bystanders at a higher rate than other PDs, like pre and post trigger regs?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/25/nypd-shooting-bystander-victims-hit-by-police-gunfire.html

NEW YORK –  All nine people wounded during a dramatic confrontation between police and a gunman outside the Empire State Building were struck by bullets fired by the two officers, police said Saturday, citing ballistics evidence.

"I'm inclined to think an incompetent cop is more of a danger with a 12lb trigger pull than with a 7lb pull"

Perhaps the incompetent cop is more of a danger with a firearm than not, regardless of the pull weight.

12 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/25/nypd-shooting-bystander-victims-hit-by-police-gunfire.html

NEW YORK –  All nine people wounded during a dramatic confrontation between police and a gunman outside the Empire State Building were struck by bullets fired by the two officers, police said Saturday, citing ballistics evidence.

A simple "no" would have sufficed. Wish I could help ya, but the only study I know of is the voluminous one done by the Rand Corp on that ridiculously large PD, and that one won't tell you what you wish to hear. It will even say those tens of thousands of cops (many of them women!) qualify with that trigger pull every stinkin' year. 

Why the fuck do all of you guys insist on knowing more about police work than police do?  It's the NRA's instilling of the thought that y'all are the ultimate masters of your destiny...because ya got a gun in your hand and the paranoia that it is that close to being taken away. Ruled by that fear you are closed to any notion that seems counter intuitive. Anything that seem remotely threatening it is dismissed without thought, and worse, damned as heresy. 

As the guy who has threatened to take guns without due process, and because of the letter behind his name that will be utterly forgotten by your supreme leader, Oliver North, might put it:

Sad! 

6 hours ago, Mark K said:

Why the fuck do all of you guys insist on knowing more about police work than police do?

A 12 lb trigger pull is not a "police work" question. It's a ridiculous gun control question.

6 hours ago, Mark K said:

It's the NRA's instilling of the thought that y'all are the ultimate masters of your destiny...because ya got a gun in your hand and the paranoia that it is that close to being taken away.

Knowledge of confiscation programs like the one in your state isn't paranoia. It's just knowledge of what has happened and is happening.

Similarly, knowledge of the proposed law in FL, under which the only legal approach to owning my battlefield .22 would be to register it and accept that it will be confiscated upon my death is not paranoia either. It's just knowledge and the ability to read the law.

It's not a "master of my destiny" thing. It's an "I just want to keep my .22 and don't see the harm to you" thing.

Your refusal to discuss the confiscation programs doesn't make them go away, nor does it make them unreal.

As for your sudden professed concern about due process and gun rights, I share it. But not just about Donald like you. It extends to Hillary, of course, but also a guy I voted for.

On 11/9/2016 at 7:25 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

Well, Gary got about 3%, a major increase over four years ago.

I'm troubled by my vote this morning, mostly because Trump won.

If Hillary tried to deny our right to buy guns based on placement on a secret list, Republicans, the NRA, and the ACLU would once again put a stop to it.

If Donald tries the same thing, which we know he agrees with, who will stop him? Without Republicans and the NRA, the ACLU won't be able to do it.

And I'll have to shut up because I voted for that crap by voting for a ticket that includes Weld.

I'm glad the ACLU and NRA continue to defend due process surrounding gun rights. How about you?

And have you managed to develop an opinion on the big gun control issue of the day, banning (assault weapons, ordinary .22's)?

Nothing has stopped the wave of school shootings. Now districts are buying war-zone trauma kits

dixon-550233-f-wp-content-uploads-2018-06-1180535_3320e45165e948e-1-1200x800.thumb.jpg.675dbba46bdd67bba7b385534f511001.jpg

The future of school safety in the post-Parkland era increasingly looks like the large duffel bags that the Central Bucks School District is deploying in every school this fall — a medical kit aimed at keeping gunshot victims from bleeding to death.

The new trauma kits bring to American classrooms lifesaving methods tested on Afghanistan’s battlefields. They include tourniquets to stop bleeding from arms or legs, hyfin vents that can be applied to a chest wound, and medicated gauze pads treated with a coagulant to stop blood oozing from a bullet hole.

http://www.philly.com/philly/education/trauma-medical-kits-school-shootings-stop-bleeding-20180612.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Morning email 06-12-18P&utm_content=Morning email 06-12-18P+CID_5aecd59bd91ed59f1c880e6ad1f5a531&utm_source=email&utm_term=teachers may be able to keep students from bleeding to death

just what will it take :(

29 minutes ago, Mid said:

just what will it take :(

Same thing as always:

On 6/2/2018 at 7:19 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

"We’re introducing an updated (Assault Weapon, Ordinary .22) Ban for one reason: so that after every mass shooting with a military-style assault weapon or ordinary .22, the American people will know that a tool to reduce these massacres is sitting in the Senate, ready for debate and a vote. 

“This bill won’t stop every mass shooting, but it will begin removing these weapons of war from our streets. The first Scary Looking Weapon Ban was just starting to show an effect when the NRA stymied its expansion to cover ordinary .22's in 2004. Yes, it will be a long process to reduce the massive supply of these (assault weapons, ordinary .22's) in our country, but we’ve got to start somewhere. 

“To those who say now isn’t the time, they’re right—we should have expanded the original ban 13 years ago, before hundreds more Americans were murdered with these weapons of war. To my colleagues in Congress, I say do your job."

Joining Senator Feinstein on the bill are Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Al Franken (D-Minn.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) and Bob Casey (D-Pa.).

I'm going to start somewhere by increasing the massive supply of these weapons of war by purchasing one like this:

SWVictory22silver-flower.jpg

1 minute ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Same thing as always:

take your fucking .22 and shove the fucking thing up your arse .

• Like 1

http://amp.abc.net.au/article/9863346

Seems he was charged with possible further charges to be laid pending blood test. 

The biggest issue for me is the attitude of him waking away hands in the air after he had just accidentally shot someone. 

4 hours ago, Mid said:

He'd have to stop fellating it first.

22 hours ago, Mid said:

Not really my thing but I could create a threaded dildo and swap it out for the flower if you visit. Just stop before you get to the barrel, OK?

you are a simple selfish ignorant fool who is more concerned with your pop gun than children's lives .

5 minutes ago, Mid said:

you are a simple selfish ignorant fool who is more concerned with your pop gun than children's lives .

Assault weapons like the flower/dildo gun are NOT pop guns. Again, they're weapons of war.

"We’re introducing an updated (Assault Weapon, Ordinary .22) Ban for one reason: so that after every mass shooting with a military-style assault weapon or ordinary .22, the American people will know that a tool to reduce these massacres is sitting in the Senate, ready for debate and a vote. 

“This bill won’t stop every mass shooting, but it will begin removing these weapons of war from our streets. The first Scary Looking Weapon Ban was just starting to show an effect when the NRA stymied its expansion to cover ordinary .22's in 2004. Yes, it will be a long process to reduce the massive supply of these (assault weapons, ordinary .22's) in our country, but we’ve got to start somewhere. 

“To those who say now isn’t the time, they’re right—we should have expanded the original ban 13 years ago, before hundreds more Americans were murdered with these weapons of war. To my colleagues in Congress, I say do your job."

Joining Senator Feinstein on the bill are Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Al Franken (D-Minn.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) and Bob Casey (D-Pa.).

• Downvote 1

point proven fool , you just posted another diarrhea of pop guns and totally ignored the reality of children's lives .

Mid, I've found my blood pressure has stabilized at a much lower level since I put Tommy Gun on ignore.

I haven't tested it but I feel certain my IQ has risen a couple of points as well.

You should try it.

3 hours ago, Mid said:

point proven fool , you just posted another diarrhea of pop guns and totally ignored the reality of children's lives .

You're the one dismissing the only tool available to save those precious young lives by calling the weapons of war they wish to ban "pop guns."

How is talking about our only available tool ignoring them?

10 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Not really my thing but I could create a threaded dildo and swap it out for the flower if you visit. Just stop before you get to the barrel, OK?

Here you go:

12177850-penis-shape-water-pistol-isolat

5 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

has there ever been a thread on reasonable gun and ammo restriction here.

Your question seems to imply that there could be unreasonable restrictions. Careful. You're treading very close to the TeamD taboo against saying anything negative about any gun control policy or advocate.

Just keep repeating to yourself, "The flower gun is a weapon of war and must be banned!"

SWVictory22silver-flower.jpg

If the government came and took all your guns that would be unreasonable.  They should at least leave your flower gun and 25 rounds of ammo ala the Israeli model.

21 hours ago, Fakenews said:

If the government came and took all your guns that would be unreasonable.  They should at least leave your flower gun and 25 rounds of ammo ala the Israeli model.

I tried to warn you. You just claimed the moral low ground.

On 8/4/2016 at 5:51 AM, Ed Lada said:

I can indisputably claim the moral high ground by my call for an absolute, unequivocal ban on private gun ownership.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:12 AM, Mid said:

Do you truly believe that banning guns will somehow magically cures the issues that seem to afflict the youth that commit these acts? That they wouldn't steal moms car and just run a bunch of them down instead. Or take a knife or a hammer of any other tool to vent their frustration with the injustices they feel they have suffered?

Are guns dangerous? Absolutely. Should they be banned because some people feel a knee jerk, feel good act will somehow change things. No

You might want to try and change human nature first. Take away the part that feels the need to dominate. control and do bad things to others. Otherwise, they will continue to be inhumane to each other. Guns are a tool. They are only as evil as the user.

WL

Another mass shooting reported.  Multiple fatalities in Annapolis at local newspaper.  Not sure if a  .22 assault weapon was used or not.

T&P