Mid

Todays Useless Fact

"why else would he have such fear of lefties?"

Perhaps, unbeknownst to you, your dad was a classically trained Latin scholar.  The Latin word for left is "sinister." For right it is "dexter." From that all sorts of things flow.

:wacko:

The big problem for lefties as I understand it is power tools - they are all designed for right handed use and as a result lefties experience a higher injury rate from them.

Growing up I had a little right/left confusion...enough that in boot camp when told to turn or move to my right I turned the wrong way several times. As a result, I was required to carry a rock in my right hand (right and rock both begin with an "R") 24/7 for a week.

Presto.....cured.

23 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The big problem for lefties as I understand it is power tools - they are all designed for right handed use and as a result lefties experience a higher injury rate from them.

I guess I am ambidextrous dyslexic... colorblind to boot... I write and eat left handed, sports and work right handed although can use hand tools with either hand with no difference... I could throw a football with my left pretty well which was fun ....if I could have learned how to talk out of both sides of my mouth I could have had a career in politics 

Since this has gone full on lefty righty!

Skip the first 45 sec or so if you want.

• Like 2

One of kids is a redhead and the other is left handed. I managed to raise them anyway.

Back on topic of useless facts.

Redhead women are bat shit crazy. I know that for a fact.

29 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Butte thast notte ussess facte.......             :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

Growing up I had a little right/left confusion...enough that in boot camp when told to turn or move to my right I turned the wrong way several times. As a result, I was required to carry a rock in my right hand (right and rock both begin with an "R") 24/7 for a week.

Presto.....cured.

To this day, when I think left or right, I have to quickly visualize myself in Mrs. Johnson's kindergarten classroom at Bradley Elementary, while facing the flag, the fun stuff like the blocks and the playhouse is on the left, the doors to the classroom are on the right. I have no other inherent left-right sense, my lefty brain never found the need to separate those two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmiller said:

Since this has gone full on lefty righty!

Skip the first 45 sec or so if you want.

I think that was the game where the umpires made the commitment rule, and I think it applies to the majors too. After that mess with Venditte, they decided that the pitcher has to commit to a throwing arm for the at-bat, after which the hitter then decides which side of the plate he wants.

But yeah, that was just a game, imagine the chaos if the game was instead a battle, and the pitchers were swordsmen or archers. Sinister as hell.

Power tools, scissors. It's tough finding excellent lefty guitars, but when you find them there is very little competition.

The trick is finding left-handed amps.

11 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

To be fair, it's a really hard design challenge. All the bass has to come out of the tweeters and all the treble out of the woofers.

When I was training to fly sailplanes, it turned out my instructor was dyslexic. That didn't help me much.

2 hours ago, Point Break said:

Presto.....cured.

Lucky you didn't have sergeant Hartman for your D.I.

7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Lucky you didn't have sergeant Hartman for your D.I.

Okay...I had to look that one up. :huh:

My road through boot camp was a little different, and there were some "stern" ones.....but from what little I have seen of that character, nothing like that at all. Still when I say the rock was 24/7...I mean 24/7. Try to swim, or do any task with a rock in your right hand. I did learn to wipe my ass with my left. :lol:

37 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

When I was training to fly sailplanes, it turned out my instructor was dyslexic. That didn't help me much.

Do as I do ..not as I say....

46 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Do as I do ..not as I say....

It wasn't really a problem until I flew with our senior instructor. 

2 hours ago, Point Break said:

Okay...I had to look that one up. :huh:

My road through boot camp was a little different, and there were some "stern" ones.....but from what little I have seen of that character, nothing like that at all. Still when I say the rock was 24/7...I mean 24/7. Try to swim, or do any task with a rock in your right hand. I did learn to wipe my ass with my left. :lol:

3 hours ago, mikewof said:

To this day, when I think left or right, I have to quickly visualize myself in Mrs. Johnson's kindergarten classroom at Bradley Elementary, while facing the flag, the fun stuff like the blocks and the playhouse is on the left, the doors to the classroom are on the right. I have no other inherent left-right sense, my lefty brain never found the need to separate those two.

same for me, out the right hand windows of kindergarten class was the mountains, the left was the playground - and to this day my wife says "mountain side" or "playground side". Before cell phones, I would wear my watch on the right wrist, kinda like Point's 'rock in the right', helped a little. There must be a name for this ?

4 minutes ago, Merrill Levi said:

There must be a name for this ?

Gerstmann's Syndrome

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Gerstmann's Syndrome

thank you - another rabbit hole to dive into :)

Left/right confusion is behind the invention of nails. None of this lefty loosey, righty tighty bullshit. Just hit it with a hammer. ....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merrill Levi said:

thank you - another rabbit hole to dive into :)

I had never heard of it, seems to fit. Seems an odd thing, lesions on the brain. I wear a watch on my left hand, but still, left-right, my brain has to see that kindergarten room. Maybe it's just a crutch-that-works-so-why-fix-it?

The math thing sort of fits too. I can do higher level math with group theory, multi-integral calculus and differentials, but I'm essentially retarded with basic arithmetic ... I can't tell you what 7 + 5 equals unless I quickly imagine five dots on the number 5 and count up from 7. 

Lesions on the brain huh? Maybe all that airplane glue I used as a kid? I played a lot of football, maybe concussions? Good to have a name for the rabbit hole, better than ass burgers, which No. 6 was sure I had a few years ago.

Now you need to start worrying about Old Timers. ;)

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The big problem for lefties and power tools is the lock button. Sits nicely under the hand ready to be pushed in. Many times let the trigger go and it just keeps running. The other one is where the button is an interlock and needs to be pushed in before the trigger works. Needs to be pushed in with finger off right hand then covered with left. Easy to fuck up. Not to bad for me as use both hands equally, but annoying at times  

Often wondered why brands don’t offer a left hand option or at least spare assembly. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bmiller said:

One of kids is a redhead and the other is left handed. I managed to raise them anyway.

Back on topic of useless facts.

What about left handed redhead women?

Advertisements

Who's Online

There currently are 11 guests online.
Home ::  Tools & Fasteners ::  Left Handed Metric Screwdriver

Product 2/5

Previous

Return to the Product List

Next

Left Handed Metric Screwdriver

$13.90

This screwdriver was specially formulated by the Coalition of Left Handed Peoples for the Furthering of Left Handed Recognition and Also the Metric System. (AKA CLHPFLHRAMS.) Naturally, KaleCoAuto came to a partnership with them to create this finely machine crafted screwdriver. This screwdriver uses high tech materials, such as steel, and plastic. (NASA uses steel and plastic!) This screwdriver is great for loosening screws on the right side of the vehicle, or tightening screws on the left side of the vehicle.

• 24 Units in Stock

Go to the Reviews Page

Current Reviews: 2

This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 25 March, 2012.

17 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Power tools, scissors. It's tough finding excellent lefty guitars, but when you find them there is very little competition.

Especially ones that go to 11.

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

Sinister as all fuck.

By the way, aren't there superstitions about redheads and sailors? Something about if a redheaded woman is on the quay, you do NOT go to sea?

This screwdriver was specially formulated by the Coalition of Left Handed Peoples for the Furthering of Left Handed Recognition and Also the Metric System. (AKA CLHPFLHRAMS.)

"People Oppressed by Righthanded Technology"  (PORT) was a bit of a standing joke amongst a few of us back in college....

2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

quay who?

All the mysteries of the universe embodied in a two word Snaggy post...

38 minutes ago, IStream said:

All the mysteries of the universe embodied in a two word Snaggy post...

Not so mysterious once you know the answer. Its 42 of course.

5 hours ago, Laurent said:

Extremely dangerous - they kill you and then die in an accident.

4 hours ago, Bluto said:

tumblr_o8c4nll9Lh1vp2ixso1_1280.jpg

I have no words.

Somebody please suggest this to Trump

1 hour ago, mad said:

Somebody please suggest this to Trump

At 30,000 feet or higher.

53fcb79c85155.png.4c1da4fb7144145af426141342e28c8d.png

what if the owner's daughter is a red headed lefty? Extra style points for the foredeck union?

Seriously, power tools, can-openers, scissors, notebooks, all suck for lefties.  I would give up a body part for a keyboard with a number pad on the left instead of the right.

1 hour ago, islanderboy32 said:

what if the owner's daughter is a red headed lefty? Extra style points for the foredeck union?

Seriously, power tools, can-openers, scissors, notebooks, all suck for lefties.  I would give up a body part for a keyboard with a number pad on the left instead of the right.

1 hour ago, Mid said:

Ooooh, seems to me that Mid can now claim a body part from Islanderboy. So Mid, what's it gonna be? Are you open to bids or bribes?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, islanderboy32 said:

Needless to say, if that body part were your left hand, all your problems would be solved.

2 hours ago, IStream said:
8 hours ago, islanderboy32 said:

Needless to say, if that body part were your left hand, all your problems would be solved.

Won't this work? You can save an arm and a leg.

image.png.9b269f4256fe53fd9ae48e980847d68e.png

On 7/16/2018 at 6:08 AM, mad said:

Advertisements

Who's Online

There currently are 11 guests online.
Home ::  Tools & Fasteners ::  Left Handed Metric Screwdriver

Product 2/5

Previous

Return to the Product List

Next

Left Handed Metric Screwdriver

$13.90

This screwdriver was specially formulated by the Coalition of Left Handed Peoples for the Furthering of Left Handed Recognition and Also the Metric System. (AKA CLHPFLHRAMS.) Naturally, KaleCoAuto came to a partnership with them to create this finely machine crafted screwdriver. This screwdriver uses high tech materials, such as steel, and plastic. (NASA uses steel and plastic!) This screwdriver is great for loosening screws on the right side of the vehicle, or tightening screws on the left side of the vehicle.

• 24 Units in Stock

Go to the Reviews Page

Current Reviews: 2

This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 25 March, 2012.

Image result for left handed monkey wrench