eclipsemullet

Toughbook on battery pack

Has anyone used a Toughbook offshore, powered via some kind of battery pack?  24-36hrs race.

EM, yes, often.  We have an onboard charger and rotate batteries.  Expect to get about 10-12 hours out of a standard battery (which fits flush with the back of the unit), or 14-16 hours out of a large battery.  Note that Toughbooks are not as waterproof as their rating claims, at least in my (bitter) experience.

Thanks.  Do you have a link to the type of battery you are talking about?

Simply connect a good quality DC to DC power supply to ship power to regulate and voltage match the Laptop or Tablet. No one hot swaps batteries for obvious reasons incl preserving continuity of data, onboard data connections (wired & wireless) etc lost while rebooting.

Lind actually do model matching units. Look up under "Isolated Adapter's".

https://lindelectronics.com

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 6:12 PM, DuncanR said:

Note that Toughbooks are not as waterproof as their rating claims, at least in my (bitter) experience.

I have never had a issue with Panasonic Toughbook Fixed Laptop or roaming Tablet products used offshore in wet boats. Their CF07 Tablet was a cracker for its time but no longer produced and stopped at MS XP which is obviously no longer supported.

Their current FZ series Tablet which you have are not quite as robust in my opinion. Getac I think are a better unit.