Another leaker found

James A. Wolfe - Note the dates. 

According to the Times, "It appeared that the F.B.I. was investigating how Ms. Watkins learned that Russian spies in 2013 had tried to recruit Carter Page, a former Trump foreign policy adviser. She published an article for BuzzFeed News on April 3, 2017, about the attempted recruitment of Mr. Page in which he confirmed the contacts."

Deep state stuff. Mandatory polygraphs for high level bureaucrats. Term limits too. Let's do something!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Deep state stuff. Mandatory polygraphs for high level bureaucrats. Term limits too. Let's do something!

He was a congressional staffer, not supposed to be political. They are theoretically there to provide continuity across election cycles and the patronage jobs that those bring in.  Most end up as lobbyists or consultants to lobbyists after they retire.

• Like 1

Now that the source has been found, that puts an end to the idea that the leaked information is just so much Fake News.

6 minutes ago, Remodel said:

Now that the source has been found, that puts an end to the idea that the leaked information is just so much Fake News.

Puts an end to it? Not a chance. 

1 minute ago, Sean said:

True that.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

The dam is breaking.

• Like 1

Donnie should pay apt attention. Lying to the FBI has serious consequences, as he will soon discover.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

The dam is breaking.

Drain that swamp!

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Donnie should pay apt attention. Lying to the FBI has serious consequences, as he will soon discover.

These are rules for little people, BL. With the right guy in the AG slot, loyalty trumps legality. Just look at Jared’s lying, repeatedly, on his security clearance forms: he’s now got TS clearance cause he’s family. 

22 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

These are rules for little people, BL. With the right guy in the AG slot, loyalty trumps legality. Just look at Jared’s lying, repeatedly, on his security clearance forms: he’s now got TS clearance cause he’s family. 

We simply cannot be ok with this stuff. It's not ok. How did we become so powerless?

6 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

We simply cannot be ok with this stuff. It's not ok. How did we become so powerless?

Because there have always been different rules for the elite regardless of the letter after the name.   I’ll use Hillary.  Do you think any average person when being investigated by the FBI  would be allowed to set their own meeting time on a Saturday.  No written records, no recording of questions asked and answered.   Her staff is given immunity  before she is questioned.   And the kicker her husband the former president has a tarmac meeting with the AG prior to her interview.   They even changed it from an investigation to a matter.   To be clear I expect the same shit would happen if it was Laura Bush under the microscope. 

3 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Because there have always been different rules for the elite regardless of the letter after the name.   I’ll use Hillary.  Do you think any average person when being investigated by the FBI  would be allowed to set their own meeting time on a Saturday.  No written records, no recording of questions asked and answered.   Her staff is given immunity  before she is questioned.   And the kicker her husband the former president has a tarmac meeting with the AG prior to her interview.   They even changed it from an investigation to a matter.   To be clear I expect the same shit would happen if it was Laura Bush under the microscope. 

Oh yeah. 

22 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Certainly had the stench of whitewash surrounding it. Colin Powell would be proud.

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

Certainly had the stench of whitewash surrounding it. Colin Powell would be proud.

Are you referring to My Lai?

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

Are you referring to My Lai?

Yep. 

Wiki:

Colin Powell, then a 31-year-old Army major serving as an assistant chief of staff of operations for the Americal Division, was charged with investigating the letter, which did not specifically refer to Mỹ Lai, as Glen had limited knowledge of the events there. In his report, Powell wrote, "In direct refutation of this portrayal is the fact that relations between Americal Division soldiers and the Vietnamese people are excellent." Powell's handling of the assignment was later characterized by some observers as "whitewashing" the atrocities of Mỹ Lai.[71]

and ref (71):

http://www.consortiumnews.com/archive/colin3.html

la-1528479813-389moi62wh-snap-image

James Wolfe, former director of security for the Senate Intelligence Committee, shown in 2017 with former FBI Director James B. Comey. Federal prosecutors accuse Wolfe of lying to the FBI about contacts he had with reporters. (J. Scott Applewhite / Associated Press)

The former security director for the Senate Intelligence Committee made an initial court appearance on Friday after his indictment on charges that he lied to federal investigators probing a leak involving a former campaign aide to President Trump.

The indictment of James A. Wolfe, 57, indicates that FBI agents were trying to determine how reporters learned that Carter Page, the former Trump campaign aide, had contacts with Russian intelligence operatives. The contacts were revealed to the Senate committee by law enforcement officials in classified documents, according to the indictment, which was unsealed late Thursday after his arrest.

On Friday afternoon, Wolfe appeared before Magistrate Judge J. Mark Coulson at the U.S. District Court in Baltimore. Dressed in a white shirt and gray pants, Wolfe was expressionless and composed. He was represented in court by a public defender and requested a court-appointed lawyer.

By Friday morning the case had already begun setting off partisan fireworks. The Breitbart news site and other conservative media dubbed Wolfe a “deep-state leaker,” saying the charges against him bolstered their theory that a cabal of government officials conspired to go after Trump and members of his campaign team after he won the presidency.

Trump, speaking to reporters at the White House before departing for the G-7 summit in Quebec, called the case “very important — it's a very important leaker.”

“It could be a terrific thing,” Trump said “I'm a big, big believer in freedom of the press. But I'm also a believer in classified information has to remain classified.”

The extent to which the case involves classified information remained uncertain. The chairman of the Intelligence Committee, Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), and the panel’s ranking Democrat, Sen. Mark R. Warner of Virginia, issued a joint statement noting that “the charges do not appear to include anything related to the mishandling of classified information” but adding that “the committee takes this matter extremely seriously.”

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-leak-indictment-20180608-story.html

8 hours ago, TMSAIL said:
8 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

FWIW I agree with you both. That's the way it has always been, but that's not the ideal priniciples America is trying to live up to. The wealthiest and most powerful American citizens -should- be equal under the law.

-DSK

19 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Donnie should pay apt attention.

I don't think he can. He hasn't shown a lot of aptitude when it comes to paying attention.

The Deep State At Work

Federal authorities investigated Wolfe for allegedly leaking classified secrets to reporters, including Watkins. He was arrested last month as part of the Trump administration's crackdown on leakers, though he was ultimately charged with lying to the FBI, not with leaking.

FBI agents did not merely question Watkins about her relationship with Wolfe; they obtained her emails and phone records. At one point, a man claiming to work for the government met with her at a bar and threatened to expose the relationship. This man, who did not give his name or profession, had apparently been spying on her:

He then stunned her by reciting the itinerary of her recent vacation to Spain, including stops at Heathrow Airport and the Canary Islands.

He also knew with whom she had traveled: Mr. Wolfe.

The man said he had temporarily relocated to Washington to work on leak investigations, and asked Ms. Watkins to help him identify government officials who were leaking to the press. "It would turn your world upside down" if this turned up in The Washington Post, the man said to Ms. Watkins, who told her editors she believed he was threatening to expose her personal relationship.

Ms. Watkins later went back to the bar and obtained a receipt with the man's name on it: Jeffrey A. Rambo, a Customs and Border Protection agent stationed in California.

Two former Justice Department officials said there was a surge last year in government personnel assigned to hunt for leaks—a priority of the Trump White House—but a current official said there is no evidence that Mr. Rambo was ever detailed to the F.B.I.

The crackdown on leaks did not begin with this administration. President Barack Obama waged an unprecedented war on whistleblowers, prosecuting more leakers than all previous presidents combined. But the treatment of Watkins is stunning behavior that gravely undermines press freedom. If it makes officials less likely to leak information to reporters, that will probably please President Trump, but it should worry everyone who wants a transparent government and an adversarial press.

And Trump apparently has a Deep State employee named Rambo. Look out!