trimfast

sometimes you just suck - FP

You know we got a ft up here in seattle called anarchy (biter - jk)? Does okay. But need a few more up here for some od racing. You should rally some troops and meet in the middle sometime. 

I WOULD MOVE TO THE EAST COAST,WE DON'T HAVE THAT SHIT.

Perhaps use this photo for a caption contest. 1st prize.... SA Hat with sticker still on it. 

• Like 1

OK, I'll start.

Here's the Ed trying to wash the stink of a DNF off his driving hand.

• Like 1

weed is legal now and its fucking everywhere...

Is there no other sailing in the world?? Who is interested in what boat you have and what race you compete in ? There are so many exciting events, boats and sailors out there that never get any coverage. Just saying.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rskiff said:

Is there no other sailing in the world?? Who is interested in what boat you have and what race you compete in ? There are so many exciting events, boats and sailors out there that never get any coverage. Just saying.

That's a terrible caption.

• Like 2

Actually, by doing a JOB, you are contributing more than just the boat.  You are part of the deal.  That goes a long way with crew. 

2018BC030158.JPG

Shit happens,  If your not over early once in 10 trys, your not being aggressive enough.  The rest is just karma.  Sometimes its on your side, sometimes it parks you.  

2 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

That's a terrible caption.

oh, how about "look at me, look at me"

3 hours ago, Rskiff said:

That is absolutely true, Scooter does post a lot, too much, about himself and what he is doing.

But I don’t think that means that he thinks that what he is doing is more important than what other sailors are doing, it’s just that those doings are content that he knows about

I’m pretty sure that if anybody  (like you) wrote something up about those exciting events, boats and sailors out there that never get any coverage, he would post it.

I’ve often toyed with the idea of making up an imaginary event and seeing if he would put it up. Something like a Russian military regatta in Dumbinsk or a kite boarding event on the Phuledyu River in Argentina.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parma said:

I’m pretty sure that if anybody  (like you) wrote something up about those exciting events, boats and sailors out there that never get any coverage, he would post it.

I was thinking the same thing.  Gotta give the ed credit for putting his shit out there despite knowing it's going to be met with a whole lot of scrutiny and sarcastic comments.  There are definitely other times I'm certain he puts controversial topics up on purpose just to see what happens.  Kinda like walking in a room, ripping a giant fart then leaving right away.  Most of us are just grumpy old men in the balcony bitching and complaining.  Not that there's anything wrong with that...sometimes:P   

"A cynic knows the price of everything but the value of nothing." 

f44ada023a0f9ec25dbda8bc97ba944e.jpg

"...Oh and be sure to jump in and take a swing at me!"

Nope.  It was a crowded line, an aggressive start, and you had a lot of company on that OCS.

As for the comeback... downwind speeds were amazing.  But yeah, kelp will kill you. 

Props to 008 weaving through those fleets though!

Sorry it happened.

Many moons ago I did a regatta with Scot on his J 24 and we were going slow a fuck didn't see any weed off the rudder, we weren't smoking any weed and we just couldn't figure it out until we hauled the boat out of the water after the racing. There was a pair if tar soaked jeans wrapped around the keel. You got to love SoCal, you just never know what you will run over!

13 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

Many moons ago I did a regatta with Scot on his J 24 and we were going slow a fuck didn't see any weed off the rudder, we weren't smoking any weed and we just couldn't figure it out until we hauled the boat out of the water after the racing. There was a pair if tar soaked jeans wrapped around the keel. You got to love SoCal, you just never know what you will run over!

You think that they got there by accident?

6 hours ago, Grubbie said:

You think that they got there by accident?

HaHa!

Obviously, peel the fucking sticker (unless you're younger that 24 and that shit still means something to you).

Secondarily, put on a fucking harness if you're working on the fucking rudder mid-race.

Fucktard....

8 hours ago, Kapteeni Kalma said:

DNS = Did Not Start

DNF = Did Not Finish

DNG = Did Not Go

WBTSFI - Went But Then Said Fuck It

• Like 1

Never have the crew do something you haven't demonstrated a willingness to do first. Possible exceptions of lardass skippers going up the mast.  Nobody wants that.  I've told crew, "I rebuilt the shitter and I clean the toilet and scrub the bilge around here. That means you can assemble the sandwiches today. No job on this boat is beneath anybody, me included."*  Usually results in a good attempt at a sandwich.  Crew eats first and gets first dibs on beer too.  There are a couple eminent gray hairs who sometimes sail with us as guests and I wouldn't demand that they do the menial shit but if they volunteer and have the "I'm serious" look when they volunteer (versus the "I'm just being a polite guest" look) they get put to work too.  It's a happier boat when the skipper has a little grease under his fingers and models the behavior he wants from the crew.  

It ain't a big thing.  Basic leadership 101. 

*Plus nobody wants a guy who just mentioned his shitty bilge fingers making their sandwiches. 

On 6/11/2018 at 10:39 AM, DA-WOODY said:

WBTSFI - Went But Then Said Fuck It

That’s what that means...

Thanks for that. I got a lot of those.

On 6/8/2018 at 11:43 AM, woahboy said:

Perhaps use this photo for a caption contest. 1st prize.... SA Hat with sticker still on it. 

God damn SD Brown Trout caught on the rudder.
I'm not touching that, lets DNF.

On 6/11/2018 at 9:45 AM, Lex Teredo said:

............ nobody wants a guy who just mentioned his shitty bilge fingers making their sandwiches. 

so.  SO.   true.   :mellow: