Sign in to follow this  
The Main Man

Henri-Lloyd

So who was losing money, the fashion division or the marine division ?

12 hours ago, savoir said:

So who was losing money, the fashion division or the marine division ?

You’d like to hope the former (used to be very popular in some circles of low brain power) but no idea as there’s not much news other than the initial story. Hope they can find a buyer.

Interesting. I just got an incredible deal on an Henri-Lloyd inshore raincoat at Defender ($40) - I thought it was a mistake.

8 minutes ago, tenders said:

Interesting. I just got an incredible deal on an Henri-Lloyd inshore raincoat at Defender ($40) - I thought it was a mistake.

Fuck me!!  I was at Defenders a month ago, and the best deal was a hoodie windbreaker for 90 bucks instead of 140!  And the hood doesn't even fold up into a collar!

Yeah, that's the deal! Suggest ordering erring on the side of larger rather than smaller. I bought the blue Defender brand bibs to go with - a nice complement as the Defender logo is embroidered in red. The Defender red certainly wouldn't have matched.

3 hours ago, savoir said:

Was just there with daughter, and only small sizes left at that price, but plenty normal sizes at $140-$360!!  I got a pair of womens XL Lloyd Goretex pants that fit me perfect for $39, and $89 for a jacket with hood for other daughter

EDIT...  Online says in stock so I just ordered a Large.  Don't understand why we did not find on the rack, and salesperson said they were out of stock?

That sucks.  I know some good friends that work there, I hope H-L pulls through.

MK

The trouble with all this is that I wear XXL and there aren't any left.

Must have something to do with $1,500 jackets and $1,000 pants (US, not Yen).

Thanks, just ordered an XL - have found better too big than too small since can always layer up.  Nice deal, my light jacket sucks and the other is too heavy most of the time.  Hope they can recover from this. 

Seems to be a knock on of the House of Fraser collapse.

I used to be a Musto MPX fan for ages. Then went HL TP for last suite. When they all cost a shipload to the average corinthian sailor, and most main brands work on the bow, then I’m not going to be brand loyal. Just went Zhik last weekend with great bang for buck.

When it wears out, I’m hoping there’ll be someone with configurable custom gear with “choose-your-own” features like buying a dell pc. I’ll pay for what I want/need, skip what I don’t - and happily wait a week or so to have it made and delivered.

Sad news. I helped Henri set up his first shop in Cowes in the way back yonder.  He was a great supporter of sailing, and in time a great sponsor of many, many events and teams.  

On 6/9/2018 at 2:47 PM, billy backstay said:

Was just there with daughter, and only small sizes left at that price, but plenty normal sizes at $140-$360!!  I got a pair of womens XL Lloyd Goretex pants that fit me perfect for $39, and $89 for a jacket with hood for other daughter

EDIT...  Online says in stock so I just ordered a Large.  Don't understand why we did not find on the rack, and salesperson said they were out of stock?

Sure enough, the $39.00 lined jacket, with hood that rolls up and zips into the collar arrived in the mail today, so I now have lightweight, warm weather foulies, as well as the Frostbite weather/Offshore gear.

Mine arrived today in Michigan.  Nice and light, should be perfect for summer beer cans.

Buyer found.

https://plus.ibinews.com/article/X5oRUoH2Xio/2018/06/20/henri_lloyd_returns_with_new_swedish_investors/

After being placed into administration on the 8th of June, Henri Lloyd's brand name and certain assets of the UK based company have been acquired by Swedish investors, the Aligro Group. The business will be led by a management team with experience in both branding and sales of top quality products in the yachting segment.

“We will heavily invest in the marine clothing segment and our aim is to be the largest supplier on the market. That includes all markets,” said Magnus Liljeblad at Aligro Group when speaking to IBI earlier today.

“It's a little bit too soon to fully talk about our exciting vision for Henri Lloyd. We want to make a total turnaround with the brand, which is well-known and respected globally but has not been as effective as it might have been in recent years. We will put major resources into product development and a relaunch, but there will be no news on this commitment until next year.”

Liljeblad also told IBI that Henri Lloyd will continue as a British company, but with its headquarters based in Sweden. Aligro Group owns a factory in Poland where it plans to produce “team sails” with a very short production time of just a couple of days.

Magnus Liljeblad is an experienced manager within the sporting goods and outdoors industry. His previous positions include CEO of Sportmanship AB (previous distributor of Henri Lloyd in Sweden), Peak Performance AB, Stadium AB and most recently founder and CEO of Wacay.

Aligro Group was founded and is managed by Swede Hans Eckerström.

“I am a passionate sailor and Henri Lloyd is a brand that has always held a special place in my heart”, says Hans Eckerström.

“Now that we have the opportunity, I'm committed to carry the heritage of the brand further and invest in it to reach its full potential”. The new Henri Lloyd management will call all 'life style' clothes 'fashion'.

“It's a very important business area for us and that's where our best opportunities lie. We'll trial our new products and plans with selected customers during the autumn of 2019.”

Martin and Paul Strzelecki, sons of Henri Lloyd founder Henri Strzelecki MBE, will act as advisors to the new Henri Lloyd.

• Like 2